Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 30, 2015 7:32 PM

Nov 2009
Since new shows have starting airing the hardest Club Event continues with Spring 2015.

You can use these links to see the majority that is airing this season:

http://static.neregate.com/2015/03/neregate.com-Spring-2015-Anime-Chart-v3.jpg
http://www.animeph.com/spring-2015-new-anime-season-preview-list

Some questions to think about:

What shows seem notable to you?

Are you enjoying the anime?

Are you going to continue watching?

What shows do you not think highly of?
Houseki No Kuni, aka The Land of the Lustrous. Best of 2017.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 4, 2015 12:24 PM

Aug 2012
Some questions to think about:

What shows seem notable to you?
-Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (2015)
-Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine
-Digimon Adventure Tri
-Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love Revolutions
-Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darouka
-Danna ga Nani o Itteiruka Wakaranai Ken 2 Sureme
-Houkago no Pleiades (2015)
-Ninja Slayer
-Ore Monogatari!!
-Owari no Seraph
-Punch Line
-Arslan Senki (2015)

Which shows are you watching?
-Arslan Senki (2015)
-Ore Monogatari!!
-Ninja Slayer

Are you enjoying them so far?
Only a few are out so far, but I am enjoying them!

What shows do you not think highly of?
-High School DxD Born
-Yahari Ore no Seishun Lovecome wa Machigatte Iru. Zoku
-Nisekoi 2
-Triage X
-Re-Kan!
-Shokugeki no Souma
-Vampire Holmes
Jun 27, 2015 4:59 PM

Aug 2012
Shows I enjoyed all the way through:
-Assassination Classroom

Shows that are two seasons long, and thus haven't finished airing:
-Arslan Senki (2015)
-Ore Monogatari!!
-Ninja Slayer
-Sailor Moon: Crystal

Shows that disappointed me:

Special notes:

Houkago no Pleiades (2015): I was very much looking forward to this show--the premise and the PVs really had me hyped. But at the end, I was extremely disappointed. It had very flat characters, was incredibly predictable, and overall boring.

-Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love Revolutions: I'm not a huge fan, but I do very much like the series. However, this third season was very episodic and also disappointing. I'll probably end up watching the fourth season when it finishes airing.

-Ore Monogatari!!: Favorite show of the season! Loving it!

-Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (2015): I wasn't impressed with the first half of this show when it aired in October. However, the second half really picked up tremendously. It had insanely good fight scenes, and I was hooked on it from the start.

Final Thoughts:
This is the first season where most of the shows I watched are 2-cour and thus still airing. It was a good season overall.
Jul 1, 2015 10:49 PM

Nov 2009
My thoughts on Spring 2015. As usual if it's not on these lists, it was either not bad, but not good. Not worth mentioning.

Shows I enjoyed all the way through:

Etotama
Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyou Wakusei Seneki
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo
Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru, Zoku
Punchline
Re-Kan!
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works 2
Kekkai Sensen
Show by Rock!!
Hello Kiniro Mosaic
Teekyuu 4th
Takamiya Nasuno Desu!
Nisekoi:

Shows that are two seasons long, and thus haven't finished airing:

Nagato Yuki-Chan no Shoushitsu
Arslan Senki
Gintama
Shokugeki no Souma
Ore Monogatari
Denpa Kyoushi

Shows that disappointed me:

Dungeon no Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka?
Highschool DxD Born
Owari no Seraph
Plastic Memories
Triage X
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Vivid
Kyoukai no Rinne
Gunslinger Stratos
Grisaia no Rakuen
Assassination Classroom

Special notes:

Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo
-I'm a sucker for good comedies. Yamada is a nice show with the right mix of character traits, jokes, and story.

Etotama
-Overall, probably my favourite of the season. The best comedy, with cute girls, along with an interesting story when it actually gets around to it. I like happy shows.

Punchline
-Okay, going to be honest. This show surprised the fuck out of me. No lie. The first half of the show was utter crap, and honestly, I thought it'd be the worst thing that aired this season. But the second half, turned out to be so god damn meaningful, that I can't believe how it turned around as such. Honestly. If you can withstand the first half, the second half is completely worth it.

Kekkai Sensen
-A unique show out of left field? Nonsense. But it's true. Kekkai Sensen, or by the show's own titling, Blood Blockade Battlefront, is a very interesting take on the monster of the week formula. Having enough energy and fun around each corner, to make the show enjoyable.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Vivid
-Now, I was a long time fan of the first three seasons, and I was damn excited when this was announced. Why is it that I was so utterly dissiapointed with this show? Well first off, unlike previous seasons, this show has no overarching plot. None. The characters still fight, but this time they are fighting each other. Why? For fun. No really. That's it. This whole season is about sparring, with no character development or plot. When the previous seasons had it in spades. Very unfortunate.

Plastic Memories
-Honestly, I thought the preview of the story was crap. 7 year old robots with feelings have to be put down. I don't like shows with death, which is what this show would revolving around. The art is pretty good, and included on of my favourite girl character designs of the season. Not that I can remember the red haired woman's name. This show also entirely gets rid of it's main plotpoint, for a "twist" that's so easy to predict, that I predicted it in the first episode. Something that happened in the final episode. Overall, this is not a good show. The weight of everyone's worries is screwed up by bad writing, and inept story telling.

Dungeon no Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka?
-English translation "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?" Well I can tell you this, it's wrong to watch this show. It's has a wonderful world, built carefully and with love, that went into the lore and working systems of the whole thing. Then it's character development, characters, and story are off the wall, awful. Not to mention a main character that breaks every established ruleset whenever the plot asks him to. This show is pretty bad, even if the art and world are nice.

Denpa Kyoushi
-I wasn't going to talk about this one, but my friend was really looking forward to seeing this show animated. Also everyone I heard that read the manga wanted to really see this show. Surprise surprise, when it finally aired, I hear that everyone hates the show. Why? Well. Apprently a butchered plot from the manga, horrible animation (I noticed it, and I don't even pay attention to animation quality that often), and characters who are so flat and boring, that I don't even care about their plights. This is a 2cour show, and I am not looking forward to the second half.

Final Thoughts:

Overall, the bad outweighed the good this season, by a sizable chunk. But there were some really good shows this season. There were some I looked forward to and was dissapointed, and there were some I thought started awfully, and amazed me by the end.
Houseki No Kuni, aka The Land of the Lustrous. Best of 2017.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Club Event S18: Spring 2018

eighttailedfox - Apr 11, 2018

0 by eighttailedfox »»
Apr 11, 2018 8:48 PM

» Club Event W18: Winter 2018

eighttailedfox - Jan 1, 2018

3 by eighttailedfox »»
Apr 11, 2018 8:46 PM

» Club Event 75: April 2018

eighttailedfox - Apr 4, 2018

0 by eighttailedfox »»
Apr 4, 2018 1:48 PM

» Club Event 74: March 2018

eighttailedfox - Mar 4, 2018

1 by eighttailedfox »»
Mar 31, 2018 10:53 PM

» Club Event 73: February 2018

eighttailedfox - Feb 2, 2018

2 by MonochromeSong »»
Feb 28, 2018 9:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.