Forum Settings
Forums

Artist looking for dedicated, ambitious manga writer

New
Oct 29, 2014 8:49 PM

Jun 2012
Not really sure where this post belongs. If I posted in the wrong section, please tell me.

Hello everybody.
I am a manga artist looking to collaborate with a dedicated manga writer. So here is my info-

My predominant style: Manga with a little western influence

Materials I use: Purely traditional

Genre I'd like to work in: I would want to work on anything as long as it gets me all psyched up. But I do have a soft spot for simple plots which would make a difference to the reader. I'd like all the hard work invested in the manga to actually result in something.

How often I'll be able to update the manga: Based on the chapter length, I'd go for a two-four weeks in between chapters. Of course, the final decision will be made on discussion with the writer. In other words, the project will be my priority (other than school).

What I'm looking for in a writer: I would like the writer to be dedicated and have big ambitions. I wouldn't want somebody who will stop halfway to take the ride. I would also like the writer to be able to communicate daily, via email or instant messaging (Skype preferred). Also, I am looking for someone who is passionate about creating the project. I am not asking for an entirely original idea (though that is preferred) but you need to be totally engrossed in the idea and the world we are going to build.

Other info: Please note that this is a collaboration. So, there is no question of money right now. But, if we manage to earn anything, we can discuss the distribution then.

Sample of my work:
http://gloriouskau.deviantart.com/ (My DA)
http://gloriouskau.tumblr.com/ (WIPs that I do not have on my DA)
http://ruinmanga.cfw.me/ (Discontinued manga)

If you are interested in taking the plunge, please PM me or reply to this thread with the following info:

Genre(s) you write:
What you're looking for in an artist:
How often you're available:
Other info:
Any mangas/stories that you may have previously written:

Thanks for your time :)
everything you can imagine is real // pablo picasso

Oct 29, 2014 11:17 PM
Jul 2018
I always put my name into projects like this, so:

Hi. I don't have anything online to show for reference of my work, but English has been my best subject as long as I can remember, with creative writing being my focus. I've helped with screenplays for a friend of mine, and compiled information and lore for several stories that I want to write.

I like stories that are fantastical, and epic in scale, but I also focus on the character development more than anything else, to make them believable, and likeable. I can't do conspiracy-esque plots, unfortunately. While I love fantasy, I also put a LOT of effort into making everything within the story explainable. I don't like powers or abilities that are there "just because". I always have an in-lore explanation for it.

Anyway, I have very lofty goals as a writer (and an artist) and I'm quick to come up with ideas, so I'd very much like to be involved with a project like this. Writing a manga is also something I've been wanting to do for a LONG time.
Oct 29, 2014 11:21 PM
Jul 2018
And since I'm using my PS3 as a computer at the moment, I have to type this message in two-parts, my apologies.

As far as art goes, I would really prefer something that's a mix of realism and manga/anime style, similar to Takeshi Obata. (Bakuman and Death Note.) On the other hand, I've been really itching to do something crazy lately, similar to Kill la Kill, but fair warning, I've never written a story that banked on being illogical like that before, so it'd be a new experience for me.

I'm available mostly at night, since I tend to stay up really late.

I have Skype, and Steam, and I also get on MAL regularly, so I'm pretty easy to contact.

As I said, I don't have anything online for you to read, but I can assure you, I'm well spoken, and fairly competant at story writing.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you'll consider my help.
Oct 30, 2014 12:26 AM

Jun 2012
Thanks for the reply. I sent a message.
everything you can imagine is real // pablo picasso

Nov 6, 2014 10:10 PM

Nov 2013
I'm not currently writing right now but I do want to compliment you on your artwork. Your landscapes are beautiful! Your watercolour style reminds me of the end cards/credits for Kimi to Boku. (as well as its sequel).

Keep up the great work! Good luck on all of your projects. (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
Nov 7, 2014 2:48 AM

Jan 2014
If you happen to like Clashing Feelings, maybe we could talk about it ( ^ _ ^ )

But if you're planning to draw a complete manga instead of just some illustrations for a Light Novel, I would recommend you to start with a much shorter story.

Genre(s) you write: I feel I could write any type of story. Script is the style I love to use. But I dislike shounen with lots of fights and sport stories.
What you're looking for in an artist: Able to draw in a cute and appealing manga-style, preferably shounen from early 00s. Pro level. Available to talk and dedicated and committed to finish what s/he started.
How often you're available: Every day ;)
Other info: Feeling very depressed right now...
Any mangas/stories that you may have previously written: Only Clashing Feelings (I'm not motivated to start other big projects right now due to believing no one cares and no one will even try reading it...)
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Jun 27, 2015 9:13 AM
Jun 2015
hello there myname is yasser and i am a big fan of anime and i can write tnteresting storiies in few minutes if any one is interetsted e-mail me : steven.yh23@gmail.com
Jun 27, 2015 11:59 AM

May 2014
That's cool its not every day you see an artist looking for a writer, usually its vice versa.
That being said if you're interested in a writer don't be afraid to ask around places like Wattpad or Newgrounds :D

Edit; this thread seems outdated unfortunately, oh well.
TheConquererJun 27, 2015 12:08 PM
I've been here way too long...
Jul 29, 2015 6:56 AM
Jul 2015
I know you said simple plots but I have a big one I'm talking possibly aroun 600 episodes I have no one im working on it alone I'm just a writer and it frustates me how I am writing and writing but I always worry about not having a partner and an artist I strongly belive that we can do this you and I please contact me we can make it big I promise we can talk if you don't like the idea then its ok but please contact me
Dec 6, 2015 9:04 AM
Apr 2014
Hello you all. I am writer and seeking artist who can help me bring my ideas and stories to life. Feel free to reply if interested.
Feb 17, 2016 10:43 AM
Feb 2016
I would love to help

Do you have a google docs if you do send something like how your characters look
Feb 17, 2016 10:46 AM
Feb 2016
im not a professional just someone who wants to have my art out there

dsnsky1012@gmail.com
Feb 22, 2016 9:44 PM
May 2010
Hi everyone! I hope someone is still on this board. (I see the original post is pretty old!)
Anyway, I'm a writer who's got a great story-line for a manga with several arcs, but I've never been any good with the drawings. (I stink, to be honest.) So I'm looking for an artist to collaborate with me. I want to do this for real, not just a hobby. My genre is sci-fi/fantasy, with a good bit of romance tucked in. If anyone's on this board, reply here, or email me at lr_potter1@yahoo.com
Mar 2, 2016 8:36 AM

Jan 2016
Hi Frug here, I would be very interested in working with someone on a story, sadly I am a writer and do not posses the capacity to draw. If interested send me a message.
Mar 5, 2016 12:35 AM

Jan 2016
i liked the drawing in the manga
Apr 19, 2016 10:12 AM
Apr 2016
hello i think i have a script that you could use if you want.
Apr 19, 2016 1:18 PM

Apr 2016
I have an idea about 4 guys who travel back in time.
I have a lot of scenes written. Its sort of fantasy science fiction comedy

More
Yummy
Flavors

TripHop
VGM
Hope
Trance
May 25, 2016 7:42 PM
May 2016
Hi, I am a writer but I cannot draw Manga.
Maybe your post is 2 years from now but I guess it's not too late :)
I am really interested to be your partner.

I am writing with genres like mystery, horror, comedy, romance, and adventure.
If you like, you can visit one of my ongoing stories online.

The story is about the adventure of 6 people looking for different mysteries in the Philippines. Eventually they met Claire, a girl who is haunted by ghosts.
This girl has a soul that the ghosts want, and each fragments of her soul should be protected.

click the link below
thanks
https://www.wattpad.com/story/73069719-fragments-of-her-soul-english
Jun 14, 2016 7:33 AM
Jun 2016
Know I'm probably late but I'm a very dedicated artist I have tons of ideas and vivid images of a perfect story in my head with a good mix of action fused with a little comedy and I'm always available because I just sit at home and will write for free ;)
Jun 29, 2016 9:19 AM
Jun 2016
Genres :- I like a bit of a dark theme. I currently have 3 different stories (unfortunately I have not been able to decide their name)
1) Supernatural, Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure, Space, Romance and Shounen and Seinen.
2) Military, Action, Psychological, Shounen and Seinen.
3) Fantasy, Military, Romance, Action, Shounen and Seinen.

What are you looking in for an Artist- I think I have Great Story plots and I wish for it to be made into a Manga/Anime. I am looking for an artist who can draw well.
Unfortunately I being a fan of anime do not live in Japan. I live in India.

How often am I available- I am free on Saturdays and Sundays and on Week Days I am available from 4pm to 7pm. ((IST)). I might not be free from mid of September to mid of October.

Other Info: My name is Baranwal Ujjwal, Current Age: 15, Current Class: 10th
Currently Living: In India, Uttar Pradesh
Jun 29, 2016 6:56 PM

Jun 2015
I noticed that there are still some users who make their reply into this old post.

Read first the date before posting a reply.

--Oct 30, 2014 11:49 AM--

Sep 3, 2016 10:03 AM
Sep 2016
Hi,
I'm interested in illustrating a graphic novel.
Genere: Esoteric
I want a friendly artist who can interfere with my ideas in order to choose the proper graphics( I want initiative).
I'm on every night until eleven.
I can send you some of my writings, but I only do that via mail. My mail is freya_alex@yahoo.com.
Mention: I write in my native language, but I'll translate it for you in order to discuss them.
Sep 13, 2016 12:30 PM
Sep 2016
Hello, I can't even begin to tell you how much time I've spent looking for a dedicated artist. I've got a project right now with a Petreon and everything. I hope we can work together on it, please message me if this got to you.
Nov 7, 2016 6:43 PM
Oct 2016
Hey. I know I'm more than likely late to the party but I'm extremely into writing and it hurts how I can't get these things down in any other way besides a visual medium like manga. I'm a artist too but I'm not good enough yet. My perspective is off and there's always too much or too little shadows. But I have these ideas in my head, and I want to get them out there. And having a talented partner would help oh so greatly. Please consider me. If you want I can give you some of my ideas. My emails graphicgamer101@gmail.com. Thanks
Jan 14, 2017 7:50 PM
Jan 2017
Hello! I'm a writer looking for a manga artist. Here's a demo of what I do, music and dialogue/story created by me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOBpG3wUHr4&feature=youtu.be
May 13, 2017 10:57 AM
Jan 2016
Hi, I'm a writer!

Your art style is very interesting. However, do you draw other art styles? I'm looking for a particular art style for my names, something like Studio Ghibli.
May 13, 2017 1:16 PM

Nov 2013
Mattimand said:
Hi, I'm a writer!

Your art style is very interesting. However, do you draw other art styles? I'm looking for a particular art style for my names, something like Studio Ghibli.

OP hasn't been online in almost 2 years and this thread is almost 3 years old lol
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 13, 2017 4:51 PM
Jan 2016
Sad said:
Mattimand said:
Hi, I'm a writer!

OP hasn't been online in almost 2 years and this thread is almost 3 years old lol

I know man, just letting the word out in case someone stumbles upon this thread like I did.
Basically Googled my way till here, I need an illustrator haha.
Jul 13, 2017 10:55 AM
Jul 2017
I AM WRITER , HAVE CURRENTLY AN TIME TRAVELING SCIFI STORY WITH MAGICAL EVENTS I AM LOOKING FOR A MANGA ARTIST PLS REPLY SOON !!!
Jul 13, 2017 10:57 AM
Jul 2017
I AM WRITER , HAVE CURRENTLY AN TIME TRAVELING SCIFI STORY WITH MAGICAL EVENTS I AM LOOKING FOR A MANGA ARTIST PLS REPLY SOON !!!
Jul 17, 2017 11:00 PM
Jul 2017
Hi guys I have a mythical story but I need an artist who is ready to take up task the title is KIMONO NO TAIKETSU
Sep 13, 2017 12:18 AM
Sep 2017
Hi I have had an story built up in my head for the past 2 years . I originally came up with this while watching anime or creating the fight scenes in my head while listening to music in the car. It soon became the only thing I could think about. It's an action story with the main underline theme of losing a loved one and the mixed emotions of hopelessness and rage.

I don't expect you to respond but I just had to try. :)
BryanDSep 13, 2017 4:43 AM
Sep 13, 2017 9:57 AM

Feb 2013
@BryanD my dude, learn to draw or just start writing. If you want to be a writer, writing is the way to do it, and it's unlikely you'll start anything if you're waiting for an artist to work with you.
Sep 14, 2017 12:37 PM
Sep 2017
Daddy-O any advice on where to start
Sep 14, 2017 1:50 PM

May 2013
BryanD said:
Daddy-O any advice on where to start

Not the one you asked, but I guess they meant, to start to write.
Maybe by itself that not sounds much of an useful advice, but it actually is. You have an idea you want to write? If you just think about to start writing, it won't be written. Open a new doc and start (or pick an empty notebook, if you prefer paper & pen). You'll face tons of problems first, but you can always look up stuff that can be a great help, and there are many people online who will help, if you ask for advices in certain sitiations, like if you hit a wall with something. But you have to start writing. - and don't give up at the start if the thing you written is terrible. Write more and you gain experience, and eventually you'll write better stuff.
Sep 14, 2017 2:16 PM

May 2014
I wish someone would close this thread, its just misleading at this point and doesn't deserve to keep popping up.
I've been here way too long...
Sep 14, 2017 7:47 PM
Sep 2017
Sora_92 thanks ill give it a try
Aug 24, 2018 3:04 AM
Aug 2018
I already have a story. I am looking for a manga artist to help me.
Genres: Action, romance, fantasy, comedy, thriller. You can check out my story at https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/18066/summit-of-power
NovelisbestAug 24, 2018 3:07 AM
Jul 4, 2019 11:25 AM
Jul 2019
Greetings,

As a writer of six years I’m created many a stories. And with my next story, I love to collaborate with a manga Artiest for a mini series. The genres horro/mystery.

My publication Reference are:
https://www.amazon.com/demetrius-Hunted-Eerie-Odyssey-Book-ebook/dp/B009TYZ7ZQ

https://www.wattpad.com/user/A_Caspian

I prefer to go by Akbar Caspian.

Email @ Abashige@icloud.com
Facebook @Akbar Caspian
Jan 26, 2020 6:08 PM
Jan 2020
Well I apologize for this reply as it is well over 5 year old post. However I was wondering if you were looking for content to draw to be exact. That or if you have someone else you know who may have skills but have in a sense, "Artists block.".

I apologize if I have miss read your old post. I was working on a story for awhile, but I guess you could say I burnt myself out over it. I figured that with myself no longer typing the book, I would like to see it come to life visually. Which may bring the life back into writing again.

However, if I have miss read your post I do apologize. If you are interested or may be able to point me in the correct direction my email is (I do apologize about this as well, however it is the only email I can remember now) Decannofwhoopass@gmail.com
Jan 26, 2020 8:10 PM

Apr 2019
cheeseguy said:
Well I apologize for this reply as it is well over 5 year old post. However I was wondering if you were looking for content to draw to be exact. That or if you have someone else you know who may have skills but have in a sense, "Artists block.".

I apologize if I have miss read your old post. I was working on a story for awhile, but I guess you could say I burnt myself out over it. I figured that with myself no longer typing the book, I would like to see it come to life visually. Which may bring the life back into writing again.

However, if I have miss read your post I do apologize. If you are interested or may be able to point me in the correct direction my email is (I do apologize about this as well, however it is the only email I can remember now) Decannofwhoopass@gmail.com

you know, if you go to their profile it will show you when they were last online.
if you want to find people to work with post in the creative corner.

大好き "I just want to be an ancient demigod loli"
Apr 25, 2021 8:53 AM
Apr 2021
Hi I dont really know what im looking for im not a wrighter or and artist im just a reader with lots manga ideas. Im just looking for somone who could listen to some of my ideas and possibly make a manga out of it. I dont need to be recognized by my ideas in the manga i just want to read it

More topics from this board

» 10 NEW Anime to watch Spring 2024

Marinate1016 - 2 hours ago

0 by Marinate1016 »»
2 hours ago

» Impact of Anime on India's Youth & Its effects on Family Dynamics- A Survey

Anituber69 - Apr 10

7 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
Today, 12:18 AM

» Sasami Jurai - TAKARA "Tenchi Muyo!" Doll Series

MasterTasuke - Yesterday

0 by MasterTasuke »»
Yesterday, 10:01 PM

» Violin repertoire progression 1 month

ToastWithNutella - Yesterday

0 by ToastWithNutella »»
Yesterday, 8:51 PM

» share your amv! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Animetwins - May 5, 2015

1010 by ekabu24 »»
Yesterday, 10:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.