Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 24, 2015 11:15 AM
May 2015
Akabawi said:
I honestly found it to be a laughable mess. Especially the ending since it makes no sense, The directors seem to think that people are 1 dimensional or 2 dimensional characters, characters are written badly like Suzaku who's ideals have no logic in them, like let's kill japanese rebels because we don't want people dying , calling war cheating and believing that natives have no right to uprise against tyranny, and not just any tyranny , britannia has no right acquring this land and yet they treat natives like shit. Then I find a herpus derpus like Suzaku siding with them for fuck's sake and he is japaneae and his backdrop makes no sense too. Then you have people who are either treated like plot devices or are simple unimportant.Show has no knowledge of chess rules seriously , if anyone believes that you can place your king in check position , he should never talk about chess again , boring school episode with boring slice of life moments, and plot holes after plotholes. I can keep going on but I got bored

Most of the Chess aberrations were INTENTIONAL metaphors for thematic symbolism.
Suzaku's paradox was integral to the story's themes.
Suzaku's character was easily the most complex in the show if you payed any attention. He was meant to be a foil yet foiled.
I enjoyed the slice of life moments, but that's just my subjective opinion I guess
May 25, 2015 2:21 PM

May 2014
Nope Suzaku is not a complex character , he has artificial stupidty. People are not that stupid , and if he was a hypocrite , I would buy that ,but the show itself doesn't believe that . Not every character that keeps questioning itself is a complex character.

the story's themes got ruined by the ending , the directors just slap me in the face and say this is right and this is wrong , it was supposed to have grey morality , but the directors went fuck that I am right.

When you do metaphors you choose stuff that works , putting the king in check position doesn't
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
May 25, 2015 7:54 PM
May 2015
Akabawi said:
Nope Suzaku is not a complex character , he has artificial stupidty. People are not that stupid , and if he was a hypocrite , I would buy that ,[BOLD]but the show itself doesn't believe that[/BOLD] Not every character that keeps questioning itself is a complex character.

the story's themes got ruined by the ending , the directors just slap me in the face and say this is right and this is wrong , it was supposed to have grey morality , but the directors went fuck that I am right.

When you do metaphors you choose stuff that works , putting the king in check position doesn't
Akabawi said:
Nope Suzaku is not a complex character , he has artificial stupidty. People are not that stupid , and if he was a hypocrite , I would buy that ,but the show itself doesn't believe that . Not every character that keeps questioning itself is a complex character.

Then you literally missed the entire premise of CG. Normally interpreting a series can be subjective, but come on there's no way you've watched CG and still posit the bolded part, there's just literally no way. Second your notion that the complexity of a character is inversely proportional to how stupid they are is in itself not true. Aizen from bleach is a genius yet a one dimensional character, Guts from berserk is average intelligence at best yet one of the most complex manga characters.

As for putting the king in check, there's a plethora of symbolism that went WAY over your head. Here's some food for thought.

Geass is the power of the King
CC received Geass in a church. When Lelouch was killed CC was praying in a church.
When Lelouch was killed he made his hands into a cross sign while his blood smeared the carpet
Jesus was called the king of kings in the Bible
Lelouch stated there can only be one King
"If the King won't lead his subjects won't follow"
Lelouch sacrificed himself for the world AFTER Schneizel (who always is holding a white king piece) was captured

So maybe you can put your king in check after the game is technically over......
LelouchOfIshbalMay 25, 2015 8:14 PM
May 27, 2015 4:46 AM

Jul 2012
Akabawi said:

Up yours Lelouch fan boy.... suzaku is better then that mommies boy Lelouch
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
May 27, 2015 4:48 AM

Jul 2012
Klad said:
Animefreak17a said:
The fans of this series has no taste.....squid girl was better then code gaess
How about you shut the fuck up already

You shut up...... guess what... Lelouch is in hell for his sins

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

May 29, 2015 3:54 AM

Aug 2014
Animefreak17a said:
Klad said:
How about you shut the fuck up already

You shut up...... guess what... Lelouch is in hell for his sins

But he saved the world.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 29, 2015 4:18 AM

Feb 2015
Akabawi said:
Nope Suzaku is not a complex character , he has artificial stupidty.

Suzaku represents the reckless moralist; a 'lawful good' idealist. He refuses to change the world through contemptible means, instead choosing a much harder path, one that at times requires him to forgo easy solutions.

He and Lelouche are constrasted in that they're both ultimately aiming for the same goal, but the means by which they think it is best to achieve these things forms a fascinating starting point for discussion about war, morality, and so on.

Akabawi said:
the story's themes got ruined by the ending , the directors just slap me in the face and say this is right and this is wrong , it was supposed to have grey morality

You clearly made some backwards assumptions about the shows goals. The directors knew what they were going for.

If Lelouche and Suzaku were aiming for the same goal, and their juxtaposition was what formed a significant sense of 'moral grey', it only stands to reason that the show would have taken the 'black and white' path that it did. Sorry to hear that you were too busy letting insignificant details irk you to enjoy it for what it was, instead of whatever the hell you wanted it to be.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
May 29, 2015 11:46 AM
May 2015
Suzaku end up to be behind the mask of Zero, something he despite during most of the series. Lelouche created a world for Nunnaly, a world without Lelouche... not sure about grey, but certainly doesn't seem to be black and white to me....
May 31, 2015 7:20 PM

Aug 2009
Looking back to all of this, of the millions flaws (millions Zeros ahah wait no) one really stand out : near the end of the serie Lelouch starts ordering people to "follow his orders" overally without details. Yeah, for real. No joking.
It's like the 3 wishes tale where it's forbidden to wish "Give me infinite amount of wish"..

1 - It's a on par with "it was all a dream" writting smartness.
2 - Lelouch could have used that since the start... I guess Sunrise didn't want 3/4 episodes instead of 50.
Jun 2, 2015 3:04 PM

Jul 2012
Ziassan said:
Looking back to all of this, of the millions flaws (millions Zeros ahah wait no) one really stand out : near the end of the serie Lelouch starts ordering people to "follow his orders" overally without details. Yeah, for real. No joking.
It's like the 3 wishes tale where it's forbidden to wish "Give me infinite amount of wish"..

1 - It's a on par with "it was all a dream" writting smartness.
2 - Lelouch could have used that since the start... I guess Sunrise didn't want 3/4 episodes instead of 50.

Yeah exactly... they pulled a Lord of the rings when Lelouch became the king.... He just walks in and geasses everyone...... -_-........ yep instead of using those eagle gods to fly you there you walked it all the way and millions died.

He started a rebellion that Got millions killed ... And then near the end he just walks in and geasses the whole of Britannia........... major plot hole

im a shiki supporter

Jun 2, 2015 3:07 PM

Dec 2014
Ryukatsuka said:
Because it was an entertaining trainwreck.
Jun 22, 2015 3:30 PM

Jun 2015
Animefreak17a said:
RedRoseFring said:

What sort of inane blasphemy is this? Lelouch is not only the saviour of the world, but everyone's favourite anime character.

ALL HAIL BRITANNIA! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!

Your out of your mind lelouch is a arse hole that deserves death....And the hero of the series suzaku put him down like a dog

1. Lelouch isn't an arse hole compared to you
2. Everybody derserves death because they are going to die anyway
3. Suzaku wasn't a hero and nor did he put Lelouch down like a dog.
Jul 6, 2015 4:14 AM

Jul 2014
Qans said:
It was a great anime, don't see why you wouldn't like it tbh, unless you hated the characters. And if you did, you probably don't have a soul

Are you kidding? Practically everyone in the series is a terrible person or does stupid things that make the situation worse. I've lost track of how many times Lelouch or Suzaku do the absolute dumbest thing at any possible moment to keep the plot going.

There's also characters like Ohgi and Villetta who are just scummy and easily forgiven.

I don't even want to go into the can of worms that is Nina Einstein,

It's hard to get invested in many of the characters because they're just so ridiculous at times. I know that realistically people have flaws, but it feels like their flaws are so exaggerated that the people are practically defined by them.

About the only likable characters in the whole series are Euphemia, Jeremiah, Nunnally, and Kaguya. And maybe C.C.
Jul 7, 2015 1:41 PM

Sep 2014
yeah because their taste are shit
Jul 7, 2015 1:42 PM

Mar 2015
Polaris13427 said:
Animefreak17a said:

Your out of your mind lelouch is a arse hole that deserves death....And the hero of the series suzaku put him down like a dog

lol
Jul 11, 2015 6:45 AM

Feb 2015
I'm also curious about this, haven't watch the series yet.
Jul 11, 2015 6:51 AM

Jul 2012
Polaris13427 said:
Animefreak17a said:

im a shiki supporter

Jul 11, 2015 7:23 AM

Aug 2014
But if he didn't carry on then all the sacrifices would have been for nothing.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 11, 2015 7:46 AM

Jul 2012
black1blade said:
But if he didn't carry on then all the sacrifices would have been for nothing.

Yeah but when nunnaly was dead.... And his knights had him cornered he wanted to die.... He even said to rolo that he had nothing left to life for anymore because nunnaly was dead..... an she was his reason to continue living..... oh yeah he will continue to live but only if nunnaly is still alive.... but if nunnaly is dead.... He gives up even when he has a clear get away

im a shiki supporter

Jul 19, 2015 8:02 PM
Dec 2013
the protagonist, that's why. Lelouch is a hundred times more badass than any anime prot. I've ever heard of. He isn't all "friendship love family" like most teenage anime protagonists, he only cares about one thing and for the purpose of that one thing he lies his face off, manipulates the fuck out of everyone he's ever met, kills crap tons of people including his own siblings, and commandeers a rebel army. He's amazing and powerful and he's the reason I watched season 1 three times.

I also love the animation, and Lelouch's voice in the dub is perfect and commanding, and it really gives the feeling of someone in power, but only when he wants it to, showing Lelouch to be a perfect leader and an adept manipulator.
Jul 28, 2015 6:09 AM

Oct 2014
It was great though Lelouch's meeting with his father wasn't as great as the anticipation was for it
The Dark Assembly Awaits...

Usagi-Kun Will Be Eaten When I'm Hungry.....

Aug 6, 2015 7:27 PM
Oct 2009
Hobgoblin2099 said:

Are you kidding? Practically everyone in the series is a terrible person or does stupid things that make the situation worse. I've lost track of how many times Lelouch or Suzaku do the absolute dumbest thing at any possible moment to keep the plot going.

Not all that different from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and how everyone acts extremely dumb on multiple occasions for the sake of keeping that plot going too.

But beyond that, your arguments are sloppy. Suzaku had no real choice in the matter and was under emotional pressure to take action. He has never been portrayed as being above that.

I didn't like his fate, but there weren't any characters who could have enough knowledge about the situation to hold a grudge against Ohgi. Other than that, you're arguing from a position of audience perspective and assuming every character should know everything and also feel the same about it.

Nina went insane. It's not something the show tries to avoid.

Again, anime. For instance, Jojo is full of ridiculous characters with exaggerated flaws too.
jgomezgAug 6, 2015 7:46 PM
Aug 6, 2015 7:38 PM
Jan 2013
After seeing many posts of people here calling Lelouch a villain, I'm beginning to wonder if you guys even watched Code Geass. Lelouch was an antihero and he remained one until the very end. An example of an antihero turning into a villain would be Light Yagami. However, the revelation at the ending of Code Geass makes it plainly obvious that Lelouch had no such intention of opressing and dominating the world. He is not an antagonist.
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Aug 6, 2015 7:40 PM

Aug 2014
The first season was a masterpiece so when the second season came everyone just ate it up and sucks no need for an explaination
Aug 6, 2015 7:56 PM
Oct 2009
Lelouch_Darsi said:
After seeing many posts of people here calling Lelouch a villain, I'm beginning to wonder if you guys even watched Code Geass. Lelouch was an antihero and he remained one until the very end. An example of an antihero turning into a villain would be Light Yagami. However, the revelation at the ending of Code Geass makes it plainly obvious that Lelouch had no such intention of opressing and dominating the world. He is not an antagonist.

There are many perspectives. I would argue Lelouch is essentially a villain, but a far less misguided one than most. He goes against what is universally considered to be "heroic" and, for that matter, will be remembered as a villain within the Code Geass universe too. That was his plan.

He is a villain who might have well-meaning intentions and happens to be the protagonist of this story. That's what makes him come across as "heroic" or at least sympathetic for a large part of the audience, but those who do not share this particular view will easily label him as a "bad guy" for one reason or another.

It's entirely possible to consider him an anti-hero, this is true, but he explicitly goes too far for those who value a stricter code of ethics. It depends on whether you think he crossed the line or not. Lelouch acts like an outright villain on multiple occasions instead of simply using shady methods and nothing else.

Imjustthatdude said:
The first season was a masterpiece so when the second season came everyone just ate it up and sucks no need for an explaination

Season one was better, but I think the truth isn't on either extreme of the argument.
Aug 29, 2015 4:26 AM

Aug 2014
Because this series does everything right

Story - very good and interesting

excellent characters development ( although i dont like suzako)

amazing OST

Plot Twists

Smart and Charismatic main character

Romance
War
Betrayal
Strategy

Perfect number of episodes (50) :P

Everything about this series is at least very good

those who hate this series are either childish or trolls (alot of MAL users are under 16)
even if you dont like mecha animes this series is still very good

in my opinion ( from all the animes that i watched ) only death note and steins gate can be compared to this series

excuse me , you say boring characters and you liked the emperor ? you have a weird taste my friend
and certainly not a predictable plot dont act smart ( dont tell me you predicted that ending !! )

peace :)
Nov 24, 2015 9:53 AM

Jul 2015
Sparteh said:
-Klad- said:
This guy always makes me laugh out loud. Thanks pal
If you found that funny, try to argue with him. His comments were so predictable, troll like and made me lough so hard from their stupidity that I felt that shows like Gintama could not even compare how ridiculous they were.

You guys should ignore the animefreak17 guy .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 9, 2016 1:11 AM

Aug 2015
Klassical said:

amazing OST

Plot Twists

Romance
War
Betrayal
Strategy

those who hate this series are either childish or trolls (alot of MAL users are under 16)

Or maybe they are just elitist hipsters.
Jan 9, 2016 1:12 AM

Jul 2013
It's certainly overrated however, the plot is quite entertaining and lelouch is a brilliant character.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jan 10, 2016 9:56 AM

Sep 2013
This series is like a huge sand castle, just looks amazing but has no good foundation or reliability........like an inferior version of WWE.
Jan 14, 2016 7:07 AM

Jan 2014
Fuchsia said:
It's certainly overrated however, the plot is quite entertaining and lelouch is a brilliant character.

No he is not, or rather, he might be, but he certainly wasn't the first.

That's my one real gripe with Code Geass fandom: everyone hails the brilliant plot, which in turn leans heavily on Lelouch as a character and the 'magnificent' plottwist at the end. Both the plot twist and Lelouch as a character however, lose all sense of originality if you realise this was released over ten years earlier:

>>>Massive SPOILERS<<<
>>>Massive SPOILERS<<<

I enjoyed Code Geass, but ended up 'only' giving it a 6/10, because the whole show really did hinge on Lelouch and that not so magnificent plot twist. At the same time I can understand other people rating it higher, depending on what you value in a show. What I won't stand for though is the Lelouch-and-plot-brilliance argument, because it is blatantly not true.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jan 14, 2016 9:38 AM

Jan 2016
Because of Jeremiah Gottwald and his loyalty of course. Schneizel was also amazing.
"MEMORIZE THIS! MEMORIZE JEREMIAH GOTTWALD! Commit it to memory, because that's the memorable name of the man who has defeated you." - Orange Boy Himself
Jul 28, 2016 4:33 PM
Jul 2016
Klassical said:

amazing OST

Plot Twists

Romance
War
Betrayal
Strategy

in my opinion ( from all the animes that i watched ) only death note and steins gate can be compared to this series

excuse me , you say boring characters and you liked the emperor ? you have a weird taste my friend
and certainly not a predictable plot dont act smart ( dont tell me you predicted that ending !! )

peace :)

Exactly! I love code geass for the same reason, but above all Lelouch like protagonist (bad ass).
All hail CG! All hail Lelouch!
Jul 28, 2016 4:38 PM

Jan 2011
lol just posted something similar in the Akame kill thread.

Anyway from what I remember...

-Great setting
-Amazing characters
-Top notch animation
-Amazing English Dub
-Very good fights as well.
-A likeable main character that you wanted to see win it all.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.