Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 19, 2014 7:25 PM

Apr 2014
So lately people have been frequently arguing if either Fate Stay Night 2014 or Fate/Zero is better. In my opinion, I believe Fate/Zero is better because it is a complete series. Fate Stay Night 2014 isn't over yet so I can't really give a full overlook of the series. What do you guys think? Any reply is welcome and don't be shy! :3
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 20, 2014 1:37 AM

Sep 2014
Whenever I see UBW I think Upper Blackrock Spire
Oct 20, 2014 10:58 AM

Jun 2013
Personally the whole FSN / 5th holy grail war is a sh!tstorm. After watching Fate/Zero and it being one of the best shows I've ever seen and seeing how it ended I had great hopes for the previous FSN adaptation and it turned out to be one of the biggest "sequel" let downs of my life. It was so inferior to Fate/Zero I'm still surprised I finished it. Now UBW is showing considerably more promise than DEEN adaption and I'm expecting things. However knowing roughly what happens during this war from previous adaptation I still would say no matter how good FSN UBW turns out to be, it will remain far inferior to Fate/Zero.

I'm by far no expert on Type-Moon universe, but as a casual fan of the series I just don't see FSN ever surpassing Fate/Zero.

@Reply on my profile, rarely check back forum threads

HummingBird | DeviantArt | MAL | MML

Oct 21, 2014 4:26 PM

Apr 2014
I totally agree with you tomzz4. Fate/Zero is one of my favorite animes I have seen, so I honestly view Fate Stay Night UBW 2014 not as great as Zero. But was is your opinion of the Unlimited Blade Works TV series so far? Do you think it is good? :)
Oct 21, 2014 6:39 PM

Dec 2013
Same as above.

For me it's because Fate/Zero got to the action and feels (dat rider scene) pretty quickly.
Fate/Stay night UBW has a lot of info dump and talking. Not to say that UBW is bad, I love it (just look at my list XD)
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
Oct 22, 2014 10:28 AM
May 2014
You know what's wrong with this post? Fate Stay Night 2014 is only on episode 3...and that's if you count the prologue.

But hey! So far the beginning of Fate Stay Night 2014 is much stronger than the one in Fate Zero. An epic middle section and an ending that doesn't suck and Fate Stay Night will be the winner.
Oct 22, 2014 1:04 PM

Jun 2013
bladeangel said:
You know what's wrong with this post? Fate Stay Night 2014 is only on episode 3...and that's if you count the prologue.

But hey! So far the beginning of Fate Stay Night 2014 is much stronger than the one in Fate Zero. An epic middle section and an ending that doesn't suck and Fate Stay Night will be the winner.

You do have a point there. Truth be told at first I found the first season tad bit boring (F/Z), but as a whole it was much more professionally executed series. And yeah UBW has not gotten close to the middle of the story and we're here judging. As FSN has been adapted from a light novel (or a game, or something of that sort to my knowledge), it follows a similar storyline, one thing that changes is usually the ending or the side of the story you see. Fate/Zero managed to show all of the magus almost simultaneously when progressing through the war which previous FSN adaptation didn't do. So from what I could analyse there, all that will be different in UBW is the characters which will get the spotlight for most part. Of course this is not the best break down and somewhat bad conclusion, but that's the most logical point I came to. If you look at the OP of FSN UBW it shows exactly same fights in exactly same locations as DEEN's FSN which is clearly saying something. Without doubt FSN UBW will be one of the best shows of the season if not the year, once it's seen from further down the line, and I hope it does, but for now all I can say is that UBW will not stray far from the previous adaptation.

PS. For those who have all of the knowledge of this extensive universe, please reply with consideration of spoilers.

Nov 2, 2014 8:12 PM

Apr 2014
All of your guy's comments really uplift my spirits, so thank you. :3 But I have another thing I want to discuss and it ha been quite the controversy on the internet as well...

Many people have been arguing either if newcomers in the Fate series should watch Fate/Zero or Fate Stay Night 2014 first. In my opinion, I say Fate/Zero but lately others have said FSN 2014. What do you people think? Fate/Zero seems to bashed on too so I guess one of my favorite series is going to be hated on a lot more... (._. )
Nov 3, 2014 10:38 AM
May 2014
otakugirl52 said:
All of your guy's comments really uplift my spirits, so thank you. :3 But I have another thing I want to discuss and it ha been quite the controversy on the internet as well...

Many people have been arguing either if newcomers in the Fate series should watch Fate/Zero or Fate Stay Night 2014 first. In my opinion, I say Fate/Zero but lately others have said FSN 2014. What do you people think? Fate/Zero seems to bashed on too so I guess one of my favorite series is going to be hated on a lot more... (._. )

As someone who has NOT seen the 2006 Fate/ Stay Night. I'd say watch Fate/Zero first as it is based 10 years prior to Fate/Stay Night 2014. You get to see the younger versions for Rin and Shirou in the prequel and it fills you in on some of the other characters. It basically makes you aware of the hidden past ties(events) between the current characters in Fate/Stay Night.

I'm assuming Fate/Stay night 2014 will spoil some of Fate/Zero's moments via flashbacks or revelations, but not the other way around.

And Fate/Zero is amazing. I just thought the first half was a bit slow and the part right at the end was WTF, but it's all good since the story continues now
bladeangelNov 3, 2014 10:42 AM
Nov 15, 2014 8:00 AM

Nov 2013
Fate/Zero spoils Fate/Stay Night.
Fate/Stay Night does not spoil Fate/Zero.

Correct order is Fate/Stay Night then Fate/Zero.

For more information:
FAQ thread.
Q&A thread.
Nov 17, 2014 8:23 AM

Jun 2013
The whole Fate universe is just a cluster f**k so it's hard to explain how to start and get into the series. I haven't read the VN's or watched other parts of the story, but blandeangel & BotatoPriest are right.

To put it in very simplistic terms, as Fate/Zero is the prequel you will learn things about Holy Grail Wars which will be later revealed in FSN and will seem like a revelation to the characters, but if you watch Fate/Zero it won't be of surprise to you. It's that kind of a deal. As FSN is a continuation, there are content which is taken from Zero and used to further support FSN. But if you watch Zero then you'll learn a whole lot, about characters, holy grail wars and many other things, and since events in FSN haven't taken place there, in terms of story Zero will not spoil you about FSN event's.

And it really doesn't matter where you start, the stories are different for most part, and if you have some logical thinking ability you should be able to tie the elements together regardless of what you watch first (In terms of Fate/Zero & FSN).

Nov 17, 2014 8:43 AM

Nov 2013
tomzz4 said:
The whole Fate universe is just a cluster f**k so it's hard to explain how to start and get into the series. I haven't read the VN's or watched other parts of the story, but blandeangel & BotatoPriest are right.
It's really not. Fate/Stay Night was written first, then Fate/Zero was written as an add on to F/SN. And that's how you read/watch them. It's really THAT simple.

tomzz4 said:
To put it in very simplistic terms, as Fate/Zero is the prequel you will learn things about Holy Grail Wars which will be later revealed in FSN and will seem like a revelation to the characters, but if you watch Fate/Zero it won't be of surprise to you. It's that kind of a deal. As FSN is a continuation, there are content which is taken from Zero and used to further support FSN. But if you watch Zero then you'll learn a whole lot, about characters, holy grail wars and many other things, and since events in FSN haven't taken place there, in terms of story Zero will not spoil you about FSN event's.

And it really doesn't matter where you start, the stories are different for most part, and if you have some logical thinking ability you should be able to tie the elements together regardless of what you watch first (In terms of Fate/Zero & FSN).

False. F/SN is not a continuation. Events-wise perhaps, but F/SN is the main story and F/Z is just a little side material story kind of thing. Also F/Z was written based on all the hints and flashbacks that were ALREADY in F/SN. So no, F/SN did not take anything from Zero; it's actually the opposite.

F/Z doesn't teach you anything new in terms of setting, lore, etc.. , it just recaps what you already learn in F/SN.

F/Z DOES spoil the majority of F/SN twists, it doesn't spoil specific events but many of the revelations that are treated as a big twist in F/SN are all spoiled except for one single twist in UBW. So technically the routes most affected by this are Fate and Heaven's Feel.

I am not saying that it's a sin to watch Zero first, you can enjoy them in whatever order, but watching Zero first is likely to somewhat diminish F/SN experience.
Nov 18, 2014 1:29 PM

Oct 2011
Haven't seen Fate/Zero yet but I'm sure it's better than Unlimited Blade Works. UBW emulates the feeling in F/Z but it doesn't feel right, especially if compared to the VN.
otakugirl52 said:

I'll say the original FSN released in 2006 should be watched first. Seen that first(and it bored me) but started the VN and figured things out well. On UBW route now. Planning to watch F/Z but it's, as BotatoPriest said, full of spoilers so I'll leave it for later. UBW is also very spoilerish, like Kirei's hatred for Kiritsugu. So if one wants to watch VN-style, I'll say go for the 2006 one, then F/Z followed by UBW. But if going for anime-style, F/Z or UBW are both fine either way.

Nov 19, 2014 11:07 AM

Nov 2013
Phraze said:
I'll say the original FSN released in 2006 should be watched first.
The only thing it will do is waste your time, spoil Fate route and UBW route and make you hate the characters and have false preconceptions that will ruin your enjoyment of either the VN, the Ufotable UBW anime, or both.
Dec 12, 2014 1:45 PM

Oct 2011
BotatoPriest said:
Phraze said:
I'll say the original FSN released in 2006 should be watched first.
The only thing it will do is waste your time, spoil Fate route and UBW route and make you hate the characters and have false preconceptions that will ruin your enjoyment of either the VN, the Ufotable UBW anime, or both.

Objection. Watched it before the VN (which I completed by now). It's a nice preview of everything you'll see in the VN.
Maybe it's up to the viewer since I'm fine with previews but not entire spoilers. UBW and F/Z seem more spoilerish than the 2006 adaption, even if it was boring. And if someone wanted to watch UBW, they'll -have- to watch F/Z first or be prepared for huge spoilers.

Dec 12, 2014 2:30 PM

Nov 2013
Phraze said:
Objection. Watched it before the VN (which I completed by now). It's a nice preview of everything you'll see in the VN.
Maybe it's up to the viewer since I'm fine with previews but not entire spoilers. UBW and F/Z seem more spoilerish than the 2006 adaption, even if it was boring.
That just means you are more open minded than most. If you haven't noticed by now the biggest reason F/SN gets so much shit is that 2006 anime.

Phraze said:
And if someone wanted to watch UBW, they'll -have- to watch F/Z first or be prepared for huge spoilers.
This is objectively wrong. F/SN does not spoil anything in F/Z. It's actually the opposite, F/Z will spoil the shit out of F/SN. If you read the VN you should know that.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» [Game] What are you listening to right now? - ANIME VERSION ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 20, 2015

543 by Serafos »»
6 hours ago

» [Game] What are you listening to right now? - NON-ANIME VERSION ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 20, 2015

646 by Serafos »»
6 hours ago

» What's everyone watching this season?

Mirroreye0 - Jan 13, 2019

28 by WatchTillTandava »»
May 2, 5:41 AM

» Best Anime OP/ED for this season?

minoru09 - Mar 17, 2016

10 by Serafos »»
Apr 2, 12:50 AM

Poll: » Calling All! What is your favourite genre in anime?

NomineMalum - Jul 26, 2021

2 by Serafos »»
Apr 2, 12:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.