Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 14, 2009 7:39 AM
Sep 2007

In general the Internet in Kuwait sucks especially for those people like myself who live in an area that has very weak land lines that makes your internet experience a nightmare. I used to have a 512 kbps connection (Maximum that our connection could handle) and that included a stupid laggy device called (Paradyne). At that time my only choice was to download Low Quality videos mostly Rmvb format. After a while I decided to get Zain 3g connection which was twice as fast as my ADSL connection. The only problem was that they had download limits which wasn't enough for me. So I decided to get Viva since they have no download limits. The speed was not steady but was 5 times faster than Zain's internet. Last month they introduced the 21Mbps connection which was good news, but the bad news that they had download limits this time. Now most of the stuff I download are in High Quality and I hope they don't put limits on the one that I'm currently using. Although its a bit more expensive than most ADSL companies but that's the best choice I have right now and I'm satisfied with the results.

Tell us your story and your internet experience in Kuwait
DevilzayOct 14, 2009 8:01 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 14, 2009 8:21 AM

Jan 2008
i vote for wataniya just for the fact i'm using it :pPp~
but i have tried almost every other ISP in Kuwait ....
for me quality has the best connections but the worst tech support dept.
Oct 14, 2009 8:34 AM
Aug 2009
Well for me i use fasttelco and its very reliable also the tech. dept. are active and willing to help and for me its the best ADSL company in kuwait till now.
Oct 14, 2009 8:48 AM
May 2008
Thanks for the idea :D

First , I used 256 kbps from GulfNet ( United Network before )
they gave me the speed of 256 exactly << Fair and Square

Second , I went to Qualitynet for 512 kbps
they didn't prove me the full speed so I cancelled it quick
Gulfnet 256 is better ^.^

Last , Fasttelco 2mb that what I'm using now ... Nice Speed and service

I don't like the other companies =_=
Oct 14, 2009 3:31 PM

Oct 2008
I live in Salwa and there's an issue with the power unit. The power unit was built to supply electricity for one family per building and not ten families per building. As a result for that, we can't have connection higher than 1 mb.

I got a phonecall from one of the people who work in quality net asking whether I was interested in replacing my usb connection with a new one that uses a new technology known by fibers. I asked him about the difference. He told me that fiber's connection is steady and doesn't have slow times during streaming and download.

As you all know, we get our internet services through an underground cable. Many countries in the Middle East and Europe still have their connections through water cable because T1 and T3 are only available in the US so the infamous water cable issue might still occur. But fiber connection isn't affect by the water cable because it doesn't run on a cable to begin with.
When I asked about the prices he told me the following:

1 MB connection costs 100 KD
2 MBs= 200 KDs
3 MBs=300 KDs

They have up to 8 MB connection and it costs 800 KDs.

I told him it was unfair because it's not our fault that we live in an area where we can't have a high speed connection and then howcome those who don't have an issue with their connection pay less for 8mb when we, the ones who are suffering pay more all because of this so called fibers thing? It doesn't make sense.

He said if I subscribe for a year, I'll get a year for free but I wasn't convinced enough to switch to fibers connection. I have a friend in the UK who pays less than 300 KDs for 8GB connection and not 8MB.
RebellaOct 14, 2009 3:34 PM
Oct 14, 2009 4:26 PM

Jan 2008
Fiber-Optics is the new technology ... but it DOES infact run in cables ...
the pricing issue is a big disappointment as Bella Mentioned.

i really hate how the ones currnetly suffering have to pay over the odds for a better service ( & the companies taking advantage of it)

Finally, OVERALL .. FASTELCO is currently the best ISP in Kuwait (cosidering all aspects from prices to tech support & connection speed)

poor Bella ... stuck in the problematic areas in our country

Viva FTW !!

ray7i 7aalich
Oct 15, 2009 5:40 AM

Aug 2008
me is in salwa too,
me is ma'9looom in connection
me is mo3ara'9a too
me is no vote to any company
me is use Zain E-go now
me is allah kream :)
Oct 15, 2009 3:41 PM

Jun 2009
Well before i had to live by myself at my parents house our ISP (and still is) Qualitynet, we never had pricing issues (sure sometime of the year you get no offers but at least twice you get those sexy prices) also our connections was actually nice and smooth and didn't have lag issues without excuse (in summer lot f problem with the cables being burnt and that shark that bit the cable really lagged but oh well :))

Anyways currently im on my viva 7.2mb and its really nice, yea sure some days i get the usual constant disconnect, but many times my download rate is always 200kb-300kb so not complaining :)

Inshallah by next week im getting my Qualitynet since the area im living in finally released numbers with fiber cables ill have a sexy 2mb (double speed for 4 monthes) from now on :P
Oct 18, 2009 12:20 PM

Apr 2008
mine is quality net, the problem is that there's a huge presssure on the poor wireless >.< but still it's fast and great
the torrent program is always on, yet we have no problems : )
Oct 20, 2009 8:51 AM

Oct 2008
I'm using Quality net but I'm having a big issue with censorship.
Megavideo is blocked.
bittorent is also blocked.
And almost every torrent website is blocked for me.

United networks blocks websites which shouldn't be blocked :S
Oct 20, 2009 8:54 AM

Jan 2008
I heard from bo3lwa that one time kuniv was blocked >_>
Oct 20, 2009 8:57 AM

Oct 2008
hatha wa7id laye3 chabda min el jam3a XDDDDD^^
Oct 20, 2009 3:22 PM

Aug 2008
I SWEAR ONCE I GOT KUNIV BLOCKED
elmeshkelah can wa8t el tasjeeeel 7g el mawad lol
7adeee twahagt XD

but thx god not more study i finished my uni ^_^

dont be jealous who still study *cough*
Apr 15, 2011 12:29 AM
Apr 2011
My connection was of united network.Now i have switched to DSL flatrate due to its less cost ang high speed.At present i am in germany.It is running good at this time.I do not know whether it will run fast in kuwait?

More topics from this board

» In kuwait -who know where to buy MANGA ?

Makunouchi_Ippo - Oct 22, 2010

21 by HighYouseF »»
Dec 11, 2021 8:05 AM

» q8animeshop.com Please support this website!

__Shield - Jun 15, 2011

1 by Passionate-kun »»
Jul 1, 2017 7:26 PM

» ur Top10..

Satou0Kun - Feb 28, 2012

0 by Satou0Kun »»
Feb 28, 2012 3:44 AM

» your plans for summer vacation ~&lt;3

AriGatou - Jun 12, 2011

3 by Miss_addicted »»
Jul 13, 2011 6:14 PM

» What will u do with the 1000 K.D ? :)

Makunouchi_Ippo - Jan 30, 2011

5 by Jin-Sakurai »»
Feb 25, 2011 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.