Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 25, 2014 5:32 AM

Dec 2013
I've been anime fan for a year now.
What i have noticed is that there 2 types of people who watch anime.
Those who can ignore the flaws, and thoroughly enjoy animes despite the flaws.
Other ones are those who CAN'T ignore the flaws, which decreases the overall enjoyment.

So i have a question for the latter ones.
When you started to watch anime, were you already the latter one, or could you ignore the flaws? If so, then did it develop the more anime you watched? Or did it happen when you watched specific animes? Or something else?

Just curiosity~ ^^
Jul 25, 2014 5:33 AM
Jun 2014
ChainedPersona said:
IThose who can ignore the flaws, and thoroughly enjoy animes despite the flaws..

That's me in anime.

ChainedPersona said:
IOther ones are those who CAN'T ignore the flaws, which decreases the overall enjoyment.

That's me in gaming.
LashLethal said:
Who knows? Perhaps the devil is the good guy. Aaaaaaaaah

Lucifer is the good guy.
Jul 25, 2014 5:35 AM

Mar 2014
> generalization

What about people who legitimately can't see ever-present flaws in what they watch and praise it like the second coming of Jesus?
Jul 25, 2014 5:37 AM

Jan 2013
I have developed my views on what makes an anime good or bad by watching different kinds of shows over the years. Its a learning process and I'm happy that I can see the flaws but not as much as to drop the show.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jul 25, 2014 5:39 AM

Jan 2014
skyzblue said:
I have developed my views on what makes an anime good or bad by watching different kinds of shows over the years. Its a learning process and I'm happy that I can see the flaws but not as much as to drop the show.
This. All those people are casuls.
Jul 25, 2014 5:39 AM

Mar 2014
whenever i notice a flaw in a show im watching, its usually pretty small and not something i dwell on while watching the anime.

the most recent anime i complete (gatachman crowds) had some animation errors but it was still very enjoyable.
Jul 25, 2014 5:41 AM

Nov 2012
Cyaegha said:
> generalization

What about people who legitimately can't see ever-present flaws in what they watch and praise it like the second coming of Jesus?

Took the words straight out of my mouth. See: most SAO fans.
Jul 25, 2014 5:42 AM

May 2011
There are going to be flaws in every anime. None of them are perfect.
If the flaws are hilarious/extremely noticeable like DRAMAtical Murder then that's a different story. Now the show is just embarrassing to watch.
Jul 25, 2014 5:54 AM
Dec 2013
I started off watching anything that was good and fun. I didn't even know what plot,character development,OST,etc. was when i started.

Right now i still kinda more of a 'ignore flaws and enjoy thoroughly' but i will know a very bad flaw thats needs to be pointed out when it needs to.
Jul 25, 2014 7:09 AM
Feb 2014
No anime is perfect but it's not my duty to go out of my way to chastise an anime because I got spilled milk after being disappointed.

That being said I try to enjoy things as much as possible and some things, especially ratings 4 and below just don't cut it. But it's not my job to make disparaging remarks towards both the anime and its respective fanbase alike. I'm not a dick.
Jul 25, 2014 7:13 AM

Dec 2012
I'm the kind of person who accepts my precious anime for who they are, regardless of shortcomings and flaws that I'm blatantly aware of (although most flaws are heavily subjective anyway).

In the first episode of Wake Up Girls, there is literally the biggest animation flop in the world where one girl's mouth is stuck gaping wide open while another talks. But I just laughed and moved on. There's no point in holding a grudge if it doesn't bother me by the end.
Jul 25, 2014 7:18 AM

Feb 2013
they correspond to the 2 kinds of people in life, the one with negative attitude and ones with positive attitude :^) or pessimist and optimist
Jul 25, 2014 9:21 AM

Apr 2011
I can't ignore: Stills, reused shots, reused animation, QUALITY, unfinished animation, bad sound directing, laziness, screeching VA's voice, and Tetsurou Araki (I hate that creature with all my spirit and passion. He has to fuck his sorry ass off from the anime industry forever!).

Others? I don't really care as long as I can enjoy it ironically or unironically.
Jul 25, 2014 9:26 AM

Oct 2012
There are some flaws I can ignore and some I can't. Some shows though I can I can ignore flaws in because I enjoy it or it's not supposed to be taken totally seriously. If the show is supposed to have a serious/ semi-realistic tone then I'm going to be much more prone to notice and look out for mistakes in the animation, sound, or just the storyline in general to make sure it flows together really well otherwise I can't take it seriously. Though if a show is supposed to be bizarre and crazy I'll be watching out for different things
Jul 25, 2014 9:27 AM

Nov 2013
Unless the flaws are incredibly apparent I can ignore them and enjoy the show.
Most of the time.

I can see you

Jul 25, 2014 9:34 AM

Jul 2013
allflying said:
I can't ignore: Stills, reused shots, reused animation, QUALITY, unfinished animation, bad sound directing, laziness, screeching VA's voice, and Tetsurou Araki (I hate that creature with all my spirit and passion. He has to fuck his sorry ass off from the anime industry forever!).

Others? I don't really care as long as I can enjoy it ironically or unironically.

Tetsurou Araki/Yuki Kaji are the Scorsese/DeNiro of anime. leave now or forever hold your peace tbh
Jul 25, 2014 9:35 AM

Jul 2013
It varies with the anime for me. With angel beats I know its ending is rushed, but I don't care. I know that fairy tail is filled with problems, but I like it anyways. With SAO I just ignored the whole existence of the second half when rating it, and then I was still actually being way too lenient on the rating.

So sometimes I can ignore its flaws if it doesn't ruin my enjoyment, and sometimes I can't. Though most of the time it's the former.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jul 25, 2014 9:40 AM

Apr 2011
hybreezy said:
allflying said:

Tetsurou Araki/Yuki Kaji are the Scorsese/DeNiro of anime. leave now or forever hold your peace tbh

Tetsurou Araki only knows how to slap a manga panel into the storyboard.
Jul 25, 2014 10:20 AM

Mar 2014
I am a mix of both.
Jul 25, 2014 10:29 AM

Jan 2012
i have definitely gained more knowledge and pick on things more now when I first started.... shows that i rated highly I look over them and think why on earth did i rate that an 8?!?! but now im back to watching little anime so I just try and enjoy it and not pick up on the flaws unless there too obvious and make a big impact on the show!
Jul 25, 2014 10:38 AM

Sep 2013
I like shows who can still stay awesome, despite lots of flaws. Those would usually be in my favourites.

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

218 by ISeeLifePeople »»
33 seconds ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 5 hours ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
46 seconds ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 7 hours ago

26 by redorzo »»
4 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 3 hours ago

13 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

» A Trend in Voice Actors in Anime

Yuu_Kanzaki - 8 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.