Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 21, 2014 8:41 PM

Jul 2013
So I just finished the manga few minutes ago.. The manga overall is really good I didn't see those pervy scenes as fan service but a way to develop the characters themselves. I was attached to the club members (especially to Kurumi, she really is an interesting heroine *too bad she doesn't exist tho ~derp~*) I enjoying every single chapter then, came the ending.

I was expecting the ending to atleast leave an emotional impact on me but it didn't. (Though I still consider the series as one of my favorites) Is it because the author did a poor job on doing the last few pages of the chapter? (before the timeskip) when I first read it without looking into the discussions in the forums. I thought they were having sex and after a couple of minutes then Kurumi whispred "Tomorrow, when I wake up.. Let's have sex." implying that she's willing to do it again the next day. *Timeskip happens* Kurumi matured and his hair gotten long (I seriously thought she was Kurumi because I didn't notice mole and her way of speaking) then it was a happy ending. I was like "wtf? that's it?" I had to visit the site for enlightenment and reread the last few pages to finally get it.

Maybe that was reason the ending didn't leave an impact on me. I was busy trying to get what happened in the last chapter that I lost my mood for crying or letting out any sort of emotion. XD

Your thoughts? Did the mangaka did a sloppy job or was it intentional? or did he wants us to analyze the ending ourselves?
Aug 15, 2014 5:58 PM
Aug 2014
Well, I wouldn't say he did a sloppy job, definitely intentional. He could have made it a little less uncertain in my opinion. He leaves it up to us to decide what really happened before the timeskip. I think they didn't have sex and Aiba just masturbated and then came on her, that's why she says "Tomorrow, when I wake up.. Let's have sex", but she never actually wakes up. Well, her death was implied quite a few chapters back, so it didn't surprise me, although I did feel quite shitty afterwards. I guess if you know what "Sundome" means, the ending makes a bit more sense.
So, even though the ending was a bit underwhelming, I really loved this manga as a whole, I'll definitely read it again in a few years.

More topics from this board

» What to read that is similar to Sundome?

Elpato891 - Mar 16, 2018

8 by Toranagii »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:57 PM

Poll: » Sundome Chapter 76 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

outlawauron - Dec 11, 2010

199 by DZento »»
Jan 11, 2023 12:01 AM

Poll: » Sundome Chapter 72 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Jul 8, 2012

4 by DZento »»
Jan 10, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Sundome Chapter 71 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Jul 8, 2012

3 by DZento »»
Jan 10, 2023 11:26 PM

Poll: » Sundome Chapter 68 Discussion

Explicitz - May 27, 2011

9 by DZento »»
Jan 10, 2023 11:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.