Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 26, 2014 11:07 AM
Oct 2013
I know the series ends and the light novels continue the story but I am wonder does the anime have a good ending or is it some cliff hanger bull shit? I would like to know before purchasing the two seasons.

For clarification, I want to know if the anime has a nice ending (meaning no cliff hangers), not what happens at the end.
Jun 26, 2014 9:56 PM
Aug 2009
I'd say the ending gives the feeling that the difficult first stage of the journey is over, and that whatever happens next, the characters will see it through. But for those who REALLY get into the romance, there's not enough to really satisfy their lust for completeness. You'd have to read the light novels if that's how it turns out, but at least those are available (they're being officially translated as we speak with regular releases). But the anime doesn't really half-ass the ending, cop out with a poor original one, or leave you feeling like the story's barely even started. If you rage it'll be because you want more, but probably not because it's a poor ending.
Jul 10, 2014 7:21 AM

Apr 2014
I felt a void when the anime ended. Not because they didn't find a good place to stop but because the characters were really awesome and the romance was just starting to get good. They wrap up the main conflicts going on at the time but it's still obvious that they have a long journey ahead of them. The anime only covers about 1/3 of the LN's, but unless you want to know how their journey ends and how their romance develops, there isn't really much of a cliffhanger.
Sep 18, 2014 7:55 PM
Oct 2012
Rather than calling it a cliffhanger, it would be more fitting to call it the end of an arc. Most people are not satisfied with it ending because the relationship is still developing and thus giving the sense of a cliffhanger. But in reality, the anime(second season included) has what you could call an ending.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jan 16, 2008

146 by GooseHybrid »»
Apr 17, 10:00 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

31 by Chronoes »»
Apr 17, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

8GaugeBrett - Mar 25, 2008

319 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 16, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

8GaugeBrett - Mar 6, 2008

154 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 9, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

153 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 4, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.