Forum Settings
Forums

Looking for similar anime but not the ones which are most recommended on its page?

New
Apr 25, 2014 4:13 PM
Nov 2013
Heya, so recently I watched Oregairu and loved it, and am looking forward to season 2. In the mean time, I'm trying to find some anime similar to it but not similar in the way that most of its user made recommendations are. Most of the recommendations are there because they also are about a club in a school where the protagonist is unenthusiastic or something like that. In fact practically all of them with 1+ recommendations appear to be.
However, I think the reason I enjoyed this anime the most was the comedic dialogue/relationship between Hachiman/Yukino, which I don't think is in anime like Hyouka which is the most recommended anime to watch; either way I've watched a few episodes of it and don't really like it so far. I also enjoyed the monologues to do with psychology in Hachiman's head.
The dialogue between Hachiman and Yukino actually reminds me of Bakemonogatari the most, and I enjoyed the dialogue between Araragi/Senjougahara in that too (although overall I dislike it for other reasons.)
Knowing all that then, I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations?
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
C2H2F2O2Apr 30, 2014 6:48 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 6, 2014 8:34 PM

Aug 2013
watamote is somewhat similar but its a loner girl and boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai isnt similar but has the same concept of no friends. NHK ni youkoso is similar but its really mature and dark and talks about suicide and stuff. Kami nomi zo shiru sekai is not similar but the main characters are because they despise everything. Also oreshura is similar because two of the main characters are like yukino and hikigaya but the rest are lovey dovey. Anyways the anime that u can watch are Kami nomi zo shiru sekai, boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai, NHK ni youkoso, watamote, and oreshura
May 7, 2014 6:38 AM
Nov 2013
Ok, thanks for the suggestions :)
Jul 20, 2016 11:01 AM

Mar 2016
This is really helpful.
Apr 24, 2020 6:57 AM

Jul 2015
most people looking for a similar anime to oregairu mostly imply a similar MC to hachiman to which i then refer to what i call the "hachiman 4"

1. Hikigaya Hachiman from oregairu obviously
2. Oreki Houtarou from hyouka
3. Ayanokoji Kiyotaka from classroom of the elite
4. Azusagawa Sakuta from bunny girl senpai

havent found any others that would fit into this category yet
anime enjoyer
Oct 7, 2020 5:54 AM

Apr 2019
gamer_slicer said:
most people looking for a similar anime to oregairu mostly imply a similar MC to hachiman to which i then refer to what i call the "hachiman 4"

1. Hikigaya Hachiman from oregairu obviously
2. Oreki Houtarou from hyouka
3. Ayanokoji Kiyotaka from classroom of the elite
4. Azusagawa Sakuta from bunny girl senpai

havent found any others that would fit into this category yet

This might be a stretch but Tomoya Okazaki (Clannad) is a lot like Sakuta.

And yes, I know I'm responding months later.
my life was made with mematic.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» A bunch of questions.....

AkariLila - Jul 15, 2016

1 by Saxonkeel »»
Jul 20, 2016 10:29 AM

» Light Novel, Manga or Anime?

terribad - Apr 6, 2013

15 by hazratulla »»
Jul 3, 2015 4:15 AM

» Wallpaper, Screenshots, images from manga and anime or even LN, all gathered in this one Thread

Monsterguy - May 8, 2013

4 by theflogat »»
Apr 9, 2015 1:14 PM

» Anyone know when season 2 is coming out?

tanoshiibear - Sep 6, 2014

7 by theflogat »»
Apr 5, 2015 3:28 PM

» LN Spoilers/Summaries

terribad - May 6, 2013

1 by terribad »»
May 20, 2013 6:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.