Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 22, 2009 10:50 PM

Nov 2008
You just have to give the title of the best romance anime.

And please tell why.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 23, 2009 7:18 AM

May 2009
really simple Vampire Knght, caue it has everything!!!
and I LOVE KANAME ;P
Angels are the symbol of two loving hearts. So gentle, so sexy & beautiful

Aug 23, 2009 7:21 AM

Dec 2008
NANA -great harmony of drama/romance
Vampire Knight- fantasy & romance= pure win
Lovely Complex- great combination of romance & comedy
Fruits Basket-love triangle and so dramatic series
Macross Frontier- music & love triangle
Ouran- more of a comedy but a great shoujo with epic characters xD
Aug 23, 2009 8:39 AM

Jul 2009
Lovely Complex ~ It's just so sweet.. and it's really funny! I love Otani and Koizumi together.
Clannad & Clannad AS ~ Clannad is cute. Great romance. Clannad AS is just so sad! LOVE IT! xDD
Toradora ~ Comedy and romance! so cute.. =3
Aug 23, 2009 11:00 AM
May 2009
oh yeah, Lovely Complex is la Best!!
Aug 24, 2009 4:21 PM

May 2009
Clannad because the relationship between Tomoya and Nagisa os simply beautiful!
Aug 29, 2009 9:44 PM

Oct 2008
the true best romance is suzuka, mostly because of how it seems like a real life situation. this allows it to have a familiarity that most animes don't, The sadness and romance is done amazingly too, but most never watch it because: it is an old show, the animation is average, and finally, no super mystical plot.

WATCH SUZUKA!!

http://www.animeseason.com/suzuka/
Check out my poetry on Deviant Art
Sep 24, 2009 8:34 AM

Mar 2009
I really liked Clannad but the ending was just too weird and hard to understand with the "another world" thing, maybe its cuz i only watched it once. Maybe i should watch it again xD
Sep 25, 2009 8:05 AM

Mar 2009
Lovely Complex
Itazura Na Kiss
Ouran High School Host Club
Special A

The Best Forever! *.*

Sep 27, 2009 8:43 PM
Jun 2009
i really like vampire knight..kaname and yuuki are the best couple ever!!
lovely complex is nice too..otani and koizumi are so cute together.
kumiko_14Sep 28, 2009 5:43 PM
Dec 16, 2009 3:33 AM

Jun 2008
GITS is no purely romantic anime, but in the second season there a romantic theme between the heroes

OEC ~ CCO ~ TSC+VIP ~ UC ~ TCO ~ TVMF ~ MCC + Other Badges
Dec 23, 2009 3:33 PM

Apr 2009
Vampire night and lovely complex have NOTHING compared to Hana Ypri Dango that has to be the ultimate romance anime so many troubles are faced, and the main characters go trhough anything to fall in love trust me a MUST watch anime it will piss you off but in the end you will love it the manga and live action are even better than the anime so watch anime first, then live action and finally read manga.
Click it! :D
Feb 28, 2010 10:07 AM

Feb 2010
Clannad/ Clannad After story..... some animes are so epic you cant explain why its so great, because in order to understand something so amazing you have to watch it for yourself. :) besides if i wrote why It's the best romance anime of all time, I would be typing this message for the next two years ;P. all i have to say is that if you havnt seen it yet then you should.

Sig created by StellarCombo69
Mar 11, 2010 6:53 PM

Mar 2010
Clannad/Clannad after story.
its amazing.. its all about how Tmoya and Nagisa gradually fall in love, and they take it slow, which is very admirable to me. Plus they are just so cute together! They truely do love eacher, which is just adorable ^^
Mar 18, 2010 5:12 PM

Apr 2009
clannad after story, I simply loved it
Nana <3 the perfect amount of romance and music
those are my favorite
Mar 27, 2010 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
Hmm well i love Toradora!, Itazura na Kiss, vampire knight, Special A... (:
Toradora is just amazingg. and Itazura na kiss is awesomeee. MUST watch these 4 animes :)
Mar 28, 2010 4:02 PM
Jul 2018
I've seen a lot of romance series, but I think the best were:
- Lovely Complex
- Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
- H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~
- Special A
- Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

But there are many others which I liked as well ^.^
And I still have many series which I want to see
Apr 7, 2010 5:30 PM
Mar 2010
Fushigi yuugi is the best romance anime EVER1111111111111111

May 14, 2010 7:13 PM

Feb 2009
Vampire Knight for me

Others

Itazura Na Kiss
Clannad/Clannad After Story
Peach Girl
Lovely Complex

Although not a romance to me, the relationships in Fruits Basket was sweet...
Jun 28, 2010 6:06 AM

Aug 2009
Ouran
Special A
Kobato.
Kaichou wa Maid Sama
Sep 13, 2010 9:52 PM

Jun 2008

hana yori dango... makino and tsukasa
ouran host club... haruhi and tamaki
vampire knight... yuki and kaname
myself yourself... sana and nanaka
itazura na kiss... kotoko and irie
ef- a tale of memories... miyamura and hirono
Oct 9, 2010 5:50 PM
Mar 2010
Itazura na Kiss-pretty realistic and gives a complete storyline
ef-a tale of memories and melodies-twists everywhere and emotional
Clannad/After Story-watch it yourself or i would have to spoil it
myself yourself- all of the characters just fit perfectly
Mar 28, 2011 3:24 PM

May 2009
I would agree with Itazura na Kiss, it does have an interesting story line although my favorite is still and I suspect wll always be Vampire Kiss lol
Angels are the symbol of two loving hearts. So gentle, so sexy & beautiful

Jan 16, 2013 9:52 PM

Jan 2013
Sword art online-Just so beautiful
Mirai nikki-Strongest emotions
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Jan 16, 2013 10:57 PM

Feb 2009
There are quite a few I would really like to name.

Clannad ~ After Story - Tomoya and Nagisa
I mention after story in particular because other then the few scenes, I didn't really feel this series was a romance as much as it was a drama. However, in After Story, you see a very realistic progression between Tomoya and Nagisa. Everything is so natural that it never feels forced and I found myself thinking "Yeah, I buy a couple doing/saying this!". The relationship they had together was extremely sweet and quite beautiful, really. It is one of the few stories I have seen that while they never kiss on screen, you really feel the love they have for one another and believe it.

Romeo x Juliet - Romeo and Juliet
How could I not include these two? I mean, they are Romeo and Juliet, and well portrayed in this series. I know this anime wasn't too popular, but it remains one of my favorites and is a series I could sit and watch today despite viewing it numerous times before. This is a couple that, for once, is never afraid to show how much they care for one another, and truly make the ultimate sacrifice for their love.

Cardcaptor Sakura - Sakura and Syaoran
One of my first series, and still remains one of the best romances I have seen to date, yet remains sweet and innocent the entire time, despite touching some risky topics. But still, these two are an iconic pairing and for good reason. True, romance was nearly non existent for 1/3 of the series, but when it is there, it is well developed and always knows its place next to the plot and other themes.

Kara no Kyoukai - Shiki and Kokouto
Now, I know this is going to raise a few eyebrows. Kara no Kyoukai was by no means a romantic series. It was filled with mystery, intrigue and no shortage of violence and mature themes, but the relationship between these two characters felt extremely deep. I mean, look at the last movie and how much Kokouto winds up sacrificing for Shiki. He's bloodied, beaten, poisoned and missing body parts, and he still finds the strength to crawl to Shiki and see if she's okay. I found that beautiful.

Gosick - Kujou and Victorique
This one caught me well off guard because in the beginning, it showed very subtle hints at romance but never really seemed like it would become a central theme. How wrong I was. Later on, the things these two go through just boggled my mind and threw me for one heck of a loop. I truly felt the bond this pair shared.

Princess Tutu - Fakir and Ahiru
Sacrifice is a recurring theme in my favorite romance series. I feel that love, truly loving someone, is putting them before yourself. And in the end of this series, do they ever put each other ahead of themselves! This is one of the saddest, yet most sweet endings I have seen.
Apr 5, 2013 7:16 PM

Apr 2013
Sword Art Online because they were lovers in the virtual world and also in the Real World. Love this Anime.
Apr 18, 2013 11:23 PM
Feb 2013
Ok this isnt for everyone because its rated R+ but if you can get past that and bare with it to the end it is well worth it. Also it says harem but he chooses one.

Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers
Apr 23, 2013 8:11 PM

Dec 2010
Nanatsuiro Drops. Best romance anime ever with my favorite anime couple.
Apr 9, 2017 5:29 PM
Feb 2017
I have a couple favorites. I'll list them:
----------------------------------
Kaichou wa Maid-Sama!
Genres: Comedy, Romance, School, Shoujo
Seika High School, once an all-boys school notorious for its wild students and for generally being a terrifying place for girls, has recently become a co-ed school. With the female population still a minority and living in fear of the over-the-top antics of the males, Misaki Ayuzawa takes it into her own hands to reform the school and allow the girls to feel safe in the rough environment.

Training, studying and even becoming the first female student council president of the school, Misaki has gained a reputation among the male students body as an uptight boy-hating dictator and as a shining hope for the teachers and fellow female students. However, despite her tough-as-nails appearance, she secretly works part-time at a maid cafe in order to support her family. Unfortunately, her hard-earned reputation is threatened when the popular, attractive, and somewhat impassive Usui Takumi takes an interest in her after discovering her in a maid uniform after school.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hotarubi no Mori E
Genres: Drama, Movie, Romance, Shoujo, Supernatural
Not an anime series, but a very cute 45 minute short. Intrigued by the tale of a mountain god, six-year-old Hotaru Takegawa loses her way in the ancient forest while visiting her uncle. Exhausted and desperate for help, Hotaru is thrilled to find a masked forest spirit named Gin. She learns the hard way that she should not touch the boy, or he would disappear. In spite of this, Gin leads Hotaru out of the forest and warns her never to return when she promises to come again with a gift.

Paying no heed to his cautionary words, and despite being separated by both distance and planes of existence, Hotaru and Gin become close friends as she visits him every summer. However, their relationship and resolve are put to the test, when romantic feelings conflict with the one and only rule.

Based on Yuki Midorikawa's manga of the same name, Hotarubi no Mori e is a tale of friendship and compromise of two people who should never have crossed paths, as their lives become hopelessly intertwined.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brothers Conflict
Genres: Harem, Romance, Shoujo
Hinata Ema is the only daughter of a famous adventurer, Hinata Rintarou. One day, Ema learns that Rintarou is going to remarry with a successful apparel maker named Asahina Miwa. Since she doesn't want to disturb them, Ema decides to move out and live with her 11 new brothers in a mansion called Sunrise Residence. As they live under the same roof, romance is starting to grow between Ema and the Asahina brothers.
Kiss Him, Not Me
Genres: Comedy, Harem, Romance, School, Shoujo
Kae Serinuma is a second year high schooler and an avid fujoshi who secretly ships her classmates, Igarashi-kun and Nanashima-kun. The death of her favorite anime character causes her to become stressed—and loses weight rapidly. Now that Serinuma has become an attractive girl to her classmates, her snarky kouhai Shinomiya-kun, and her senpai Mutsumi, how is she going to deal with them ...with her constant BL-filled, fujoshi mind?!
Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji
Genres: Comedy, School, Shoujo, Drama, Romance
The story centers around Erika Shinohara, a vain 16-year-old girl who tells her friends about her romantic exploits, but she actually has no boyfriend. She claims that a handsome boy in a candid photo is her boyfriend, but it turns out that boy is a schoolmate named Kyouya Sata. She has no choice but to make him her fake boyfriend. Unfortunately, Sata may look like a sweet person, but he is actually an ultra-black-hearted sadist. Sata takes advantage of Erika's weakness and treats her like his dog.
Enjoy! Hopefully you check out at least one of them!

May 31, 2022 7:03 AM
Jan 2018
This is such a hard question! I dont think that I can pick just one, so instead I will list a few of my favorite in no set order!

Toradora
Josee to Tora to Sakana-tachi
your lie in april
plastic memories
darling in the franxx
golden time
i want to eat your pancreas
a silent voice
ride your wave
prison school(manga)
tokyo ghoul(manga)
nodame cantabile(manga)
weathering with you
Gigant(manga)
nisekoi(manga)
SOA(might be controversial to list this series but idc)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Cute/Romantic Couples

Starry_Eyed - Jul 5, 2009

12 by Sora-Hikari »»
Aug 31, 2014 6:23 PM

» Have you ever wanted to make your own romance anime?

Lordcrab86 - Aug 11, 2009

8 by Sora-Hikari »»
Aug 31, 2014 9:24 AM

» Romance anime you want to add?

Starry_Eyed - Jun 23, 2009

26 by nitso »»
Feb 25, 2014 1:14 PM

» Romance manga you want to add?

Eovine - Apr 24, 2013

0 by Eovine »»
Apr 24, 2013 7:12 AM

» Recommendations for Newbie!

sharli08 - Oct 11, 2009

5 by Jason546 »»
Apr 23, 2013 8:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.