Forum Settings
Forums

Name a hidden gem - An anime/manga that is unpopular but very good.

New
Feb 18, 2014 2:43 PM

Jan 2012
Pretty self-explanatory, I know what constitutes "unpopular" is somewhat subjective but you can always check the amount of members on MAL to get a good idea of how popular it is.

So I'll start.

Manga

Koganeiro - A cute little story about a group of high schoolers who are deciding what to do in the future, only 3 chapters, completed.

Shino-chan wa Jibun no Namae ga Ienai - About a girl with speech problems and how she makes her first friends. 1 volume and 11 chapters, completed.

Ressentiment - A middle-aged guy who is a loser discovers the wonders of virtual reality, pretty touching story that is also motivating in its own right. 4 volumes and 49 chapters, completed.

Anime

Kaiba - I can't even describe this, read the MAL description I guess. 12 episodes, completed.

Shigurui - Not sure how popular this is but I've never met someone else who has seen it. About a death match between two samurai, one blind and the other only has one arm. Pretty gorey, the action scenes are great though. 12 episodes, completed.

Jin-Roh the Wolf Brigade - A movie about the concepts of war that deals with the emotions of soldier who witnessed a suicide bombing. Has a really somber tone and is pretty depressing overall, but a great depiction of death and war.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 31, 2014 4:32 AM
Nov 2012
xxxholic was a good one
And not a lot of people have heard of it

Kotoura-san was pretty ok

Heaven's memo pad is very good so far

Acchi Kocchi, its kinda like lucky star but with a romance hint in it

Busou Renkin was amazing! and more people should know of it

Elemental gelade is well worth a watch as well
Surprised me how good it was

Mayo Chiki was so goooooooooooooood!
I really enjoyed it and recommend it :)

Hopefully they are enough :)
Jun 27, 2014 9:57 PM

Jun 2012
Hanasakeru Seishounen, Its amazing for everybody, I loveeeeeed it, I've watched it over 10 times XD, you should really check it out
and Saiunkoku Monogatari is a real gem.
NatalieS
Oct 7, 2014 6:39 AM

Sep 2013
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru!

I would say Guilty Crown but its much more of a love/hate anime
Jan 7, 2015 10:29 AM

Feb 2013
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Don't believe it's been that popular at all but its a great 11 episodes drama series.

"The premise of the project is the 70% possibility that a magnitude 7.0 earthquake will occur in Tokyo in the next 30 years. The anime depicts what would happen if an 8.0 earthquake took place."
It was made in 2009 so to years later we all know Japan was hit with a worse earthquake.

Its about Mirai a middle school freshmen and her little brother trying to get back home after the earthquake.
Mar 2, 2015 11:31 AM

Aug 2010
Manga

Horimiya
“A lesson without pain is meaningless. That's because no one can gain without sacrificing something. But by enduring that pain and overcoming it, he shall obtain a powerful, unmatched heart. A fullmetal heart.” -Hiromu Arakawa Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 25

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Game: Last Letter Anime!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kona-chan22 - Jul 25, 2012

223 by kusanomoment97 »»
Jul 29, 2016 10:21 PM

» HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!!

kusanomoment97 - Feb 16, 2014

1 by Blind_Idiot »»
Feb 17, 2014 1:24 PM

» What are you currently watching?

Mynameismike01 - Oct 21, 2013

3 by werewolfofusa »»
Jan 23, 2014 5:17 PM

» Favourite anime?

Mynameismike01 - Aug 7, 2013

0 by Mynameismike01 »»
Aug 7, 2013 2:49 AM

» Game: Short Story!!

Kona-chan22 - Jul 25, 2012

36 by kusanomoment97 »»
Jul 6, 2013 9:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.