Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 25, 2010 2:53 AM

Sep 2010
Hello

First off, thanks for even thinking about wanting to help me and clicking on this thread.

I'm writing a huge feature/article about Clannad. It is a complete breakdown of the characters, relationships and the story. I'm not talking about a paragraph for a character or anything like that - I'm talkin about an absolutely massive project for Clannad fans, so that they can relive the magic. Basically, it's an analysis and not a review.

The article will contain content from both Clannad and Clannad: After Story. I started writing this mainly, because I realized the true awesomeness of this anime after rewatching both the shows. I'll be putting in a ton of effort and spending a lot of hours on making this one, but I can't get it right without your help.

I hope I'm not asking for a lot, but I was wondering if the members could just answer these questions, about the characters:

What did you like most in :

1. Tomoya Okazaki
2. Nagisa Furukawa
3. Sanae
4. Akiio
5. Ushio Okazaki / The Illusionary World (any one)

Just tell me, in a word, sentence or paragraph, what you like (and maybe dislike) about these characters. That's all I'm asking for :).

I will be sure to post this once I'm done with it on MAL in this club and also on my blog. Anyone with suggestions and ideas on this article can write here, on my profile, on my blog or thru the PM system.

Once again, thank you all for your time and merry Christmas and a belated Happy Birthday to Nagisa ^^

(PS - Sorry, if this is a repost, but please don't move it for at least 3 days. Thank you very much =] )
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 25, 2010 5:08 PM

May 2010
Hey, great idea you got there. I will participate even if it might be a repost. I don't go very often to the MAL forums so I don't like searching... anyways here are my answers

1: He has his best moments when teasing his friends. Best of that are when he is teasing Sunohara or Fuuko. The other best moment is in the world with Ushio.

2: I like how Nagisa can be a bit slow but still get things done when someone like Tomoya is supporting her. I loved when she acidentally admitted loving Tomoya :D

3. Nagisa's Okaasan is very funny. She is so kind hearted and childish. I don't know what more to say about her.

4. Nagisa's Otoosan, hmm he is kind and a typical father. I find that character a bit the stereotypical-dad kind. I both like him and don't like him.

5. The dream / or whatever it is, is a fun part of the show. Ushio is the most daring kid and Kyou being her preschool teacher, and blah. I have to watch After Story again :P

Keep it cool and Merry Christmas
"My happiness comes from the kindness of those around me"
Dec 25, 2010 8:49 PM

Sep 2010
Gotcha :D !

Your Nagisa point was good. I'm assuming you're referring to the scene where she says she loves him when he hits a home run.
Feb 10, 2011 10:19 AM

Feb 2011
I thought he meant the part where the what'sherface(Divine Retribution dorm mother[or w.e!]) says if she'll run off with another guy if he doesn't start taking her out, then she replies with that she could never like anyone else.

Oh wait.. that was after they started going out. Nevermind^^

1. I love the way he always messed with Sunohara and Fuuko as hfinity already said. I also REALLY liked the development of his character in the second season.. from caring for others(fighting the gang in place of the girl's brother.. wow I forgot all the names...). Not to mention the Ushio parts. i was absolutely raging when it suddenly jumped to that episode where it showed his lifestyle had gone to shit.. but after seeing the outcome I thought it was amazingly 'powerful' if you want to put it that way..

MISAE! That's the dorm mother I meant xD

2. I like her development as a character as well. You get to see her confidence continuously build with Tomoya's help. You also have to feel for her when she was alone before meeting him and during her second time repeating third year while Tomoya worked.

3. Shits and giggles. I thought Sanae was hilarious, especially that scene where herself and Nagisa got drunk on sake, lol. Her wisdom really came about when she had serious talks with both Tomoya and Nagisa privately throughout both seasons which just showed despite her cute and naive nature, she was really intelligent.

4. Akiio was a really good character in my opinion. He always lightened the mood and brought the humour into the story. His perverted nature, which Nagisa wasn't restricted from, was pretty funny. Let's not forget his rapper episode, lol.

5. Needless to say, Clannad would merely be a 'good' anime without her. The emotions that the audience was brought through with her episodes was a phenomenal piece of work. The illusionary world actually having a purpose towards the end and giving Tomoya and Nagisa their happy ending was absolutely fantastic. I didn't see it coming and I knew they couldn't ruin it with some random idea off the top of their head.

Her death really shocked me. I didn't think the anime could end like that. It was awfully sad and I was really engrossed with it at that point(not that I wasn't already, but you know what I mean!).

Anyways, in a summary. The way the wrapped up the whole "everyone lives happily ever after" scenario was really well done and I'm sure very few people, if any, were disappointed with it.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Huge directory of Clannad wallpapers

Malus92 - Sep 24, 2012

3 by KingOfPneumos »»
Feb 12, 8:38 AM

» How many males except me has Clannad as nr1 anime? ( 1 2 )

martver - Sep 2, 2012

64 by desu_ruka »»
Feb 12, 2023 10:16 PM

» when it was released

Kradaxe - Dec 25, 2021

4 by Kradaxe »»
Feb 13, 2022 8:17 PM

» Clannad vs Kanon vs Air TV

Tutti_Love - Dec 22, 2007

17 by Endless_end »»
Dec 29, 2021 2:09 PM

Poll: » Favourite anime arc in Clannad ( 1 2 3 )

game8910 - Mar 22, 2008

113 by Endless_end »»
Dec 29, 2021 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.