Forum Settings
Forums

Soul Eater Cosplay (Formerly "The Cosplay Thread")

New
Apr 26, 2010 11:44 AM

Jun 2009
The place for all cosplayers to discuss who they are cosplaying, share ideas and get advice.

FYI - I met a local interior designer @ Comic Con who does costumes on the side. He just charged my friends less than $40 each for their Wrath of Khan costumes.

I'll probably get him to do all the sewing stuff and make/get the accessories and hardware. PM me if you want his info.

I hope to coplsay Maka Albarn from Soul Eater this round.

Rukia13May 4, 2010 9:21 PM
---
ChibiSamuraiTV | My YT Channel | www.youtube.com/user/chibisamuraitv
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 26, 2010 1:46 PM
Nov 2009
i was thinking of going as Sven from Black Cat... one catch... no suit :P any ideas where to get one and a matching hat? maybe even the briefcase? Or Rukia, do you think there is anyone else i could pull off well? i dont like going half assed if i'm gonna do something.... (id love to do vash, but be a pain to get the glasses :P) i know i know, im picky.... Or i could try for Stine... its easy and i think i can play crazy :) cant decide!!
BrassirisApr 26, 2010 2:00 PM
"Hello? Yes, Ill be needing you to get me another car immediately. Preferably one that cant be BLOWN UP BY A *!&$(*@ CAMERA!" - Tsujido - Speed Grapher
Apr 26, 2010 1:59 PM

Jun 2009
Brassiris said:
i was thinking of going as Sven from Black Cat... one catch... no suit :P any ideas where to get one and a matching hat? maybe even the briefcase? Or Rukia, do you think there is anyone else i could pull off well? i dont like going half assed if i'm gonna do something.... (id love to do vash, but be a pain to get the glasses :P) i know i know, im picky....

Start by going to What's in Store (costume/consignment) on Edmonton Trail/16 Ave NW and Winners to see if there's anything that you can modify. Or, commission someone to sew the costume and you can personalize it. That Jerry guy we met on the weekend seems to price reasonably. Star Trek costume for under $40? When everywhere else charges $60+?

Sven looks very sugoi!
---
Apr 26, 2010 2:12 PM
Nov 2009
Well goin shoppin this weekend, ill give you the upodate :P YAY!!! lookout Otafest! MAL Calgary is comin!
"Hello? Yes, Ill be needing you to get me another car immediately. Preferably one that cant be BLOWN UP BY A *!&$(*@ CAMERA!" - Tsujido - Speed Grapher
Apr 26, 2010 2:16 PM

Jun 2009
Brassiris said:
Or i could try for Stine... its easy and i think i can play crazy :) cant decide!!

As in Stein from Soul Eater? Ooh that would be so cool. Perhaps Iristhyme could go as another character from Soul Eater. If we had a few cosplayers up for the challenge, we could enter the cosplay contest with a little skit. Never tried before. Might be cool.
---
Apr 26, 2010 2:21 PM

Jun 2009
Rukia13 said:
Brassiris said:
Or i could try for Stine... its easy and i think i can play crazy :) cant decide!!

Oooh - Iristhyme could be Liz and Poohkiez could try for Patty (good personality fit ;-))...now, we just need someone to go as Death the Kid, Black Star and Soul....Shinigami-sama....Tsubaki.
---
Apr 26, 2010 3:26 PM
Nov 2009
k! i call dibs as Stine! lol. yah. i might drool on whoever goes as Tsubaki... bit of a geekcrush on her, gatta admit :) so stine it is then!! hmmm how to do the scar.... guess a makeup pen would do it... and i just need a purple or similar coloured shirt... hmmm... Sven be fun. but i think stine might be funner... :)
Apr 26, 2010 5:37 PM
Nov 2009
Was thinkin IrisThyme could go as Marie... she keeps Stien in line and Iris keeps me in line so it works :) ill ask her about it tonight
Apr 26, 2010 6:20 PM
Nov 2009
She wants to go as Marie!! yay! we have 3 of the cast ready to go :P
Apr 26, 2010 7:49 PM
Jul 2009
So, I checked out Patty, and I've already got 1/2 her costume in my closet (well, the boots and the denim shorts)... so, I'm in!!! This'll be great!
Apr 26, 2010 8:09 PM

Jun 2009
Sweet. Stein and Marie is perfect for you two!

Well Patty/Poohkiez, we need to find you Death the Kid and Liz....and Soul for me. Hmm....maybe we'll meet two eligible bachelors cosplaying Death and Soul. ;-)

I say on our next Pocky run, we come up with a short goofy skit to enter the cosplay contest!
---
Apr 26, 2010 8:54 PM
Nov 2009
I have a few ideas to toss by you, but im not 100% sure on them.... this weekend sound good? sat? (earlier better, since we ahve to go out and shot for costume parts anyway)
Apr 26, 2010 8:58 PM

Jun 2009
Brassiris said:
I have a few ideas to toss by you, but im not 100% sure on them.... this weekend sound good? sat? (earlier better, since we ahve to go out and shot for costume parts anyway)

Can't do early on Saturday. Taking Mom out for an early Mother's Day gift of pampering. I could do Saturday evening. Of course, there's always the next weekend at Nanta's. Ooh, I better post that.
---
Apr 27, 2010 7:23 AM
Nov 2009
Lol, that works! Moms come first.
Apr 27, 2010 10:28 AM

Jun 2009
Ooh guys - check this out - Soul Eater Cosplay photos:
http://www.cosplay-ftw.com/soul-eater-cosplay.html
---
Apr 27, 2010 11:58 AM
Nov 2009
Oh yah, i will kick total ass as Stine!! i just need to work out that damn screw....
Apr 27, 2010 1:42 PM

Jun 2009
Brassiris said:
Oh yah, i will kick total ass as Stine!! i just need to work out that damn screw....

Floral foam. Silver craft paint. Attach to a headband that's painted the same colour as Stein's hair to blend in.
---
Apr 27, 2010 2:09 PM
Nov 2009
i found a thing on line that shows how to make it, even does the click click click :P
Apr 27, 2010 2:27 PM

Jun 2009
Brassiris said:
i found a thing on line that shows how to make it, even does the click click click :P

That's so awesome!

My last student bailed this evening so I managed to pick up a white shirt 4 Maka at Wal-mart.
Rukia13Apr 27, 2010 10:14 PM
---
Apr 28, 2010 6:29 AM
Nov 2009
Woot Woot! its good when stuff works out :)
Apr 28, 2010 1:25 PM

Jun 2009
MAKA CHOP SUCCESS!

Value Village rocks! For $33, I got Maka's costume (sans props and wig):

1. A better blouse (women's shirt with long cuffs already)
2. Vest (I just need to take out the white collar that was added to it)
3. Tie (I just need to add white stripes)
4. Black jacket (it's a dress actually, I just need to remove the
lower buttons and voila - Maka's jacket without further alterations)
5. Skirt - Size 14 girls', no alterations needed.

I could have bought boots there for $12.99. I'm still undecided about those. They're the right clunkiness. I may see if Payless has anything that would work or modify some shoes I have...but boots would be better.

I can get gloves at Chuckles and the wig...I'll try the dollar store first before Chuckles. I've decided to use craft foam to make the boot straps and I'm sure I'll have big button/cufflink success at the Michael's.

This is so exciting.

If bpo comes with us, he may go as Kid. Hmm....we need Liz now. And Soul....
---
Apr 28, 2010 1:45 PM
Nov 2009
SWEET!!! see anythgin that would work for me? Iris says she knows what shes doin... but im REALLy bad at this kinda stuff.... feel a little usless :P anyways! heh, we will have to get togther before ota fest costumes and all, see if anyone has advice/deatils anyone else missed.... need to work on the charecter... im not gonna cosplay halfassed... Genshiken taught me that much :P
Apr 28, 2010 9:10 PM

Jun 2009
There's a cool dessert/bubble tea place in DT Calgary. We could meet there sometime this weekend (Saturday evening or Sunday during the day) to talk cosplay.

Gomen, I didn't see anything that would work for Stein but based on what I saw at the two Value Villages, you should be able to find something...right down to the lab coat.
---
Apr 28, 2010 9:30 PM
Nov 2009
YAYS!!! ill talk to Iris and see whats up. Sunday during day is no go, i work then, but we may be able to work somethgin out that evening if it works for you or sat. (i dont work then) or Iris can just go, you two would be better at that stuff then me :P
Apr 28, 2010 9:48 PM

Jun 2009
Poohkiez may be available on both days. I've got a work function on Sunday night (bleh). I'd bail but I'm one of the lead speakers.

Here's the weapons policy:
http://www.otafest.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=2873

Looks like mine will have to be stored at the Photography area and used only during the cosplay contest. Brassiris, I like your idea of having Soul's treasure chest. I may have to just drag that around during the day. Either that or a book so whenever people ask us to pose, I can do a Maka Chop on one of you....

Here's last year's Cosplay Contest Rules:
http://www.otafest.com/2009/cosplay.php

I imagine they'll be similar this year.
---
Apr 29, 2010 6:07 AM
Dec 2009
I'm up for bubble tea and cosplay talk on Saturday evening. :) Just let me know what time and the directions and Brass and I will be there.
Apr 29, 2010 2:13 PM

Jun 2009
IrisThyme said:
I'm up for bubble tea and cosplay talk on Saturday evening. :) Just let me know what time and the directions and Brass and I will be there.

Cool. I need to find the business card with the name of the place.

WAAH! They don't make coloured contact lenses in my prescription. My eyes are THAT bad. I was looking forward to having green eyes too.
---
Apr 29, 2010 5:32 PM
Nov 2009
lol. where do you go for coloured contacts? if i could get over my fear of getting poked in the eye it could come in handey for future cosplay
Apr 29, 2010 5:37 PM
Jul 2009
Hey, Saturday night works for me! How does 7:30 sound? The place Rukia was talking about is: #101, 111 - 2nd Ave SE (I'm assuming that's Chinatown...???) I have the card in front of me, but Rukia's the one that's been there.

@Brassiris... I was thinking the same thing (!!) about the contacts... poking things in my eyes is just not a favourite past-time of mine!!
Apr 29, 2010 9:38 PM

Jun 2009
I've never gotten coloured contacts before. I would need prescription lenses because my eyes are so bad. My neighbourhood optometrist later did find me one pair - for $500/year. I said, "I'll pass." They said to wait a year or two for R & D to come up with one for my prescription.That's the way it was when contacts first came out.

Once I get the right type, I'll probably order them from visiondirect.com - pretty cheap, especially when you can find online coupons. Those who don't have problems with their eyes can get the fashion contacts from online or at the anime con dealer room.

I think the place Poohkiez and I are referring to is called "The Dessert House".
---
Apr 30, 2010 6:30 AM
Nov 2009
Rodger that! we cans does it!
Apr 30, 2010 6:51 AM
Jul 2009
Oops... sorry for giving you the address and not the name of the place we're meeting... gomen
Apr 30, 2010 12:39 PM

Jun 2009
Gah! No luck finding Maka's gloves. Nothing at Chuckles or Value village or the Dollar Store. I really don't want to go to a bridal wear shop....any other ideas?

It's a good thing I held off on those boots. I tried them on again at Value Village. Too big!

I think I'll go back to my original plan of black pleather wrapped around and over my clunky black shoes, velcroed together...
---
May 2, 2010 1:31 PM

Jun 2009
Me again.

Last night's chat got me thinking more about our cosplay. Here are a few ideas on characters that would be relatively easy to cosplay from Soul Eater for those interested but not sure. That is, easy compared to Mystique or Batman):

Character Listing here:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/3588/Soul_Eater/characters#staff

Fairly Easy
Liz Thompson (Elizabeth) - talk to poohkiez who's cosplaying Patty
Patty Thompson (Poohkiez)
Spirit
Shinigami-sama
Free
Azusa
Buttataki Joe
Mifune
Medusa (Teiza has dibs)
Giriko (Lars has dibs)
Harvar
Oxford

Cool but harder
Death the Kidd
Tsubaki
Crona
Stein (Brassiris)
Marie (IrisThyme)
Maka (me)
Eruka
Kilik
Jacqueline
Kim
Mizune sisters

Cool but harder still
Black Star
Arachne
Soul Eater
Sid
Asura
Nygus

If interested in joining the MAL Calgary Soul Eater Cosplay, PM me and I'll give you details on our next get-together...

UPDATE: Sweet! I just found videos on youtube on how to make Maka's boots and scythe. This forum has lots of handy tips too: http://www.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?s=859a6e89b2b63756efce9df377a277f3&f=45
Rukia13May 2, 2010 11:17 PM
---
May 4, 2010 9:25 PM

Jun 2009
Before I forget, I thought we better start putting down thoughts for Saturday's Cosplay Team Marathon/Planning Get-together:

When: Saturday, May 8

Time: We can start 2:00 PM onwards. How late we go depends on if I can trade my
reader duties at church and make it to Mother's Day din-din on Sunday. Got couches and beds if anyone needs to crash...

Where: Rukia's house (PM me for address and #)

What to bring:
$$ for pizza or whatever we order for supper ($10 pp maybe?)
potluck snacks (Pocky, Ramune, cookies, chocolate, pop) - perhaps say what you're bringing so not everyone brings the same thing
BYOB

FYI: My otaku dog will be in attendance. He hates maps and bad guys.
---
May 6, 2010 8:42 PM
Dec 2009
Sounds great! Brass and I should be over at about 8. We'll be bringing cookies (I call them homemade oreo cookies) and ice cream with red bean paste.
May 6, 2010 10:10 PM

Jun 2009
Sounds great. I picked up pop tonight and Poohkiez got some snacks too.

Hopefully, I'll have my scythe carved out by then so there isn't a cardboard tower in the kitchen.
---
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What game(s) are you playing right now?

JulesRuby - Mar 18, 2010

16 by 00001111qmpz »»
Aug 17, 2012 5:18 PM

» Otafest 2011

kirant - May 20, 2011

2 by kirant »»
May 23, 2011 9:42 PM

Poll: » Day Trip to Banff! - TAKE 2

Rukia13 - Mar 13, 2011

0 by Rukia13 »»
Mar 13, 2011 12:47 AM

Poll: » Day Trip to Banff! - IGNORE THIS THREAD

Rukia13 - Mar 13, 2011

0 by Rukia13 »»
Mar 13, 2011 12:36 AM

» The Karaoke Thread

Rukia13 - Apr 26, 2010

13 by Rukia13 »»
Jan 12, 2011 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.