Forum Settings
Forums

Again and again... The story will never end...

New
Mar 9, 2010 2:13 PM

Feb 2010
Just finished the Clannad series for the second time... And to be honest, it wasn't enough. It was pretty shocking when Nagisa died. It felt so real, as if someone close to me had died. The following episodes, I hoped that she didn't really die. Then, to make it worse, Ushio wasn't strong enough to live. When Nagisa met Tomoya, his life had changed. Every moment from then on was worth living, every moment filled with happiness, was taken away so easily. However, as Tomoya grew up, he put others around him eventually into happiness ( for example, telling his dad to go live with his mother, ending his suffering ). His actions were awarded with a single wish. And so, his wish was granted. He lived with Nagisa and Ushio till the end.

Now down to the point. After Nagisa died, we all watched several episodes without her. Then Ushio died, and the suddenly, it was all better. To be honest, I thought it was a AMAZING, happy ending. But I didn't get to see much of their life together as a family, or any challenges they faced. So, that drags me into wanting to see their young life again, the time filled with the goods and bads. However, that drags me into wanting to see the ending... So to sum it all up, I will probally watch the whole Clannad series once a year. And that is fine with me, because I never want to forget this touching story.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 9, 2010 2:41 PM

Jan 2010
I honestly think you can't forget such a story, because it teaches you lessons about life...
Wafu~ !
Mar 9, 2010 6:50 PM

Feb 2010
DL21 said:
I honestly think you can't forget such a story, because it teaches you lessons about life...

So you agree with me? I'm not the only one who thinks like this? I'm not crazy?
~YAY~
Mar 9, 2010 7:01 PM

Apr 2009
;_; I want moar tomoyaxushioxnagisa... maybe a little picnic OVA with all the cast? me wants
Mar 10, 2010 12:10 AM

Nov 2009
MOAR!!!!!!
Mar 10, 2010 5:41 AM

Mar 2009
clannadrezz said:

So to sum it all up, I will probally watch the whole Clannad series once a year. And that is fine with me, because I never want to forget this touching story.

The story is touched that it makes me cry...I can watch againd and again.
And love this story so much. I never forget this story,too >__>
Mar 10, 2010 10:56 AM

Nov 2009
Finally got my friend to watch it...

He was quite sleepy this morning...

Seemd he pulled an all-nighter XD
Mar 10, 2010 3:13 PM

Feb 2010
Squaw said:
clannadrezz said:

So to sum it all up, I will probally watch the whole Clannad series once a year. And that is fine with me, because I never want to forget this touching story.

The story is touched that it makes me cry...I can watch againd and again.
And love this story so much. I never forget this story,too >__>

You aren't the only one who as cried. I. Have. Cried. So. Hard.
Mar 10, 2010 3:15 PM

Feb 2010
ginytah said:
;_; I want moar tomoyaxushioxnagisa... maybe a little picnic OVA with all the cast? me wants

that would be nice. My idea was that the creator should make a single OVA once a year, checking up on their life, see how it's going. ^_^
I think that's a good idea... ;)
Mar 13, 2010 4:33 PM
Jan 2010
I agree absolutely, when Nagisa died, it was absolutely shocking for me and I thought about it for a long time, I wasn't able to take it out of my mind.
But I had the hope that there would be still a solution in base of the fantastic element of Clannad, I remembered the arc of Fuko in first season.
And the ending was very surprising for me but it was fantastic, much better that I hoped! At first, it was quite strange, I had to read forums and watch it again in order to understand it completely. And I understood it better with the chapter which sums all the anime up. But never mind, it was a fantastic ending for me and it is a fantastic anime, I also want to watch it more times.
And I really enjoyed the few scenes where you can see to Tomoya, Nagisa and Ushio together, as a family.
Mar 13, 2010 11:22 PM

Nov 2009
naceale said:
I agree absolutely, when Nagisa died, it was absolutely shocking for me and I thought about it for a long time, I wasn't able to take it out of my mind.
But I had the hope that there would be still a solution in base of the fantastic element of Clannad, I remembered the arc of Fuko in first season.
And the ending was very surprising for me but it was fantastic, much better that I hoped! At first, it was quite strange, I had to read forums and watch it again in order to understand it completely. And I understood it better with the chapter which sums all the anime up. But never mind, it was a fantastic ending for me and it is a fantastic anime, I also want to watch it more times.
And I really enjoyed the few scenes where you can see to Tomoya, Nagisa and Ushio together, as a family.

Well when Nagisa died I cried for a short time. After that the first thing I said was: When is the resurect?
I mean it's quite obvious that she will be ressed due to the other world.
Mar 14, 2010 12:29 AM

Jan 2010
Erm.. Just something to mention..
Do you mind adding a (SPOILER) to the title of this topic?
Since like 90% of the whole Clannad could be exploited while discussing this..

naceale said:

I have to say.. It really WAS sad when Nagisa died..
But don't get me wrong here about what I'm about to say..
I love Nagisa..
But I actually think that it was kind of good that Ushio was born :)

Ushio was the person that totally changed Tomoya (I'm talking about the girl and the robot)
Not only that, but if it wasn't for Ushio, Tomoya would still have been going crazy over Nagisa's death.. spending his life away..

muffer said:

Well when Nagisa died I cried for a short time. After that the first thing I said was: When is the resurect?
I mean it's quite obvious that she will be ressed due to the other world.

I actually didn't think about that at all!
But its amazing how it actually all came back to one single phrase..
"The city will change.. Even so.. Can you still continue to love this place?"
The quote was directed even at the end.. (Nagisa's death represents changes that happens in the city and everything else)
Mar 14, 2010 7:57 AM

Aug 2007
I watched After Story while I was pregnant with my second baby. ^_^ My other daughter was 6 at the time, and I've been with my boyfriend since high school. It was amazingly surreal to watch in some ways for us and also, really, really hard, haha. I actually didn't get to see the last episode until I got back from the hospital after having the baby, so I was stuck at the Ushio episode and then went to have my baby, then came home and saw the ending and was like YAY.

Also, it's always kind of selfish for Tomoya to assume that Nagisa never would have met anyone else. She could have eventually had a baby with someone else if she had never met him, so... blaming everything on himself is so pointless.
Usotsuki. 
Mar 14, 2010 8:15 AM

Nov 2009
That's the whole point of the series.
Mar 14, 2010 6:48 PM

Aug 2007
There are many points of the series. =o
Usotsuki. 
Aug 26, 2010 11:42 AM

Apr 2010
DL21 said:

Agree with you!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Huge directory of Clannad wallpapers

Malus92 - Sep 24, 2012

3 by KingOfPneumos »»
Feb 12, 8:38 AM

» How many males except me has Clannad as nr1 anime? ( 1 2 )

martver - Sep 2, 2012

64 by desu_ruka »»
Feb 12, 2023 10:16 PM

» when it was released

Kradaxe - Dec 25, 2021

4 by Kradaxe »»
Feb 13, 2022 8:17 PM

» Clannad vs Kanon vs Air TV

Tutti_Love - Dec 22, 2007

17 by Endless_end »»
Dec 29, 2021 2:09 PM

Poll: » Favourite anime arc in Clannad ( 1 2 3 )

game8910 - Mar 22, 2008

113 by Endless_end »»
Dec 29, 2021 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.