Forum Settings
Forums
New
manga oe oneshot. which one is beter
Sep 1, 2009 9:09 PM
Dec 2007
i find it funny how a great oneshot has to become as generic as this to become a manga.

am i the only one that believes that if you have to make it a manga than you should make it better than the oneshot?
Sep 5, 2009 2:16 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah. The main character has completely lost his charm and the setting isn't as interesting as it seemed to be. The one-shot was quite a bit better. But I can imagine it'd be hard to make a good and successful manga just by expanding the original. Some changes were necessary to make this work as a long story.
Sep 5, 2009 3:44 PM
Dec 2007
Mammoth said:
Yeah. The main character has completely lost his charm and the setting isn't as interesting as it seemed to be. The one-shot was quite a bit better. But I can imagine it'd be hard to make a good and successful manga just by expanding the original. Some changes were necessary to make this work as a long story.

i understand the changes and why they were made, they were made so that the manga could be a serial. no other reason but to churn out a manga that can come out on a weekly basis.

i mean look at it, interesting weapon, and than they decide it had to be a battle manga.

see battle manga can go on forever, but most other kind of manga has an end of some kind.

now to keep with the look and the feel of the oneshot, i believe having either the kid or older kid, wandering around helping those he can see with his power, and moving on could have been great. its not a tipical battle manga setup, and it allows for a beter story than "fight this guy now, now this guy is the enemy" mindlessness that this will become
Jun 6, 2010 7:13 AM
May 2010
I think the one-shot had a lot of potential.
But What a shame they made the serial into an battle manga. It completely ruined it
Jun 6, 2010 1:56 PM
Dec 2007
its been a while sense someone wrote in this.

i also think this could have been a great monthly manga.

they could have had a nice pace, make it slow, and have chapters more or less stand alone, and if there is fighting than so be it.

look at blood alone for a great example of what im saying.
Jun 15, 2010 1:25 AM

Feb 2008
opps i voted for manga i meant to vote for the one shot damn so try to keep in mind its still 100% for the one shot

but i found the one shot really good i loved the main character his personality and his design the heroine was soo cute in the one shot then in the anime is just o she is there... one good change i did like in the manga was echo the dolphin he was cute compare to the one shot monkey but... after like the first 2 chapters they left him on the boat as soon as he said its too dangerous i cant take u i was like yah... that was ur only good point this is gonna end quick with a rushed ending i just know it and after chapter 17 i was like yah i knew it
Jun 15, 2010 1:25 AM

Feb 2008
wtf double post
Aug 4, 2010 12:27 AM

Nov 2008
One-shot Infinitely superior compared to this.......(hard for me to say)....*gulp* ...Manga >.>

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kagijin Chapter 17 Discussion

emrfish6 - Nov 7, 2009

11 by blessofcurse »»
Oct 1, 2016 2:28 AM

Poll: » Kagijin Chapter 14 Discussion

yoitsmedan - Oct 22, 2009

0 by yoitsmedan »»
Oct 22, 2009 9:21 PM

Poll: » Kagijin Chapter 11 Discussion

Friendlysoul - Sep 29, 2009

0 by Friendlysoul »»
Sep 29, 2009 9:34 AM

Poll: » Kagijin Chapter 3 Discussion

Scrypt - Aug 4, 2009

3 by mimmichan »»
Aug 8, 2009 2:19 AM

Poll: » Kagijin Chapter 2 Discussion

Scrypt - Aug 4, 2009

0 by Scrypt »»
Aug 4, 2009 11:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.