Forum Settings
Forums
your name.
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 10, 4:24 AM
Dec 2020
Ef a Tale of memories anime which is adapted from visual novel called Ef a fairy tale of two has one trailer and opening movie and both of them is directed by Makoto Shinkai.
The trailer:

The Opening:

P.s: if you ask me why I made this thread here and not in that anime's forum, it's because that fandom probably dead. I just wanted to share this
Apr 10, 4:57 AM
Mar 2021
nicee (character limit)
Apr 10, 5:42 AM
Jul 2023
Personally I liked the movie alot, so I wanted to let people know about an Easter egg
if you haven't seen weathering with you, your missing out on a special Easter egg related to Your Name, in that it shows the couple from Your Name, being together and married
Apr 10, 6:32 AM
Jun 2023
There's also an Easter egg in Your Name. I won't spoil from what.

there's a good video essay about his work:
https://youtu.be/y4vl8Xb_kU4 (assume spoilers)
Apr 10, 6:32 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to SSRSyt
Personally I liked the movie alot, so I wanted to let people know about an Easter egg
if you haven't seen weathering with you, your missing out on a special Easter egg related to Your Name, in that it shows the couple from Your Name, being together and married
SSRSyt said:
Its not an Easter Egg. They both have Cameos in "Weathering With You". Taki is shown Guiding Hodaka and Mitsuha is seen in her shop where Hodaka buy some things. These event actually Takes Place 1 year before their meet on the famous Stairway at the end of the movie in "Your Name" and in-between "Weathering With You". So they haven't met during the events of "Weathering With You" As you may have known that both these stories are in the same timeline and in the same Country

I don't know about Taki and Mitsuha's marriage but they both definitely aren't shown together as a couple in "Weathering With You"
Apr 10, 6:36 AM
Dec 2020
why you all talking about Easter eggs here 😭
Apr 10, 6:45 AM
Jul 2023
TrickyHunter0506 said:
SSRSyt said:
Its not an Easter Egg. They both have Cameos in "Weathering With You". Taki is shown Guiding Hodaka and Mitsuha is seen in her shop where Hodaka buy some things. These event actually Takes Place 1 year before their meet on the famous Stairway at the end of the movie in "Your Name" and in-between "Weathering With You". So they haven't met during the events of "Weathering With You" As you may have known that both these stories are in the same timeline and in the same Country

I don't know about Taki and Mitsuha's marriage but they both definitely aren't shown together as a couple in "Weathering With You"

they did get married it's on google too
Apr 10, 6:45 AM
Jul 2023
TrickyHunter0506 said:
SSRSyt said:

Apr 10, 7:09 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to SSRSyt
TrickyHunter0506 said:
SSRSyt said:

@SSRSyt Makoto Shinkai did say this but only to keep the fans happy. As most director and Creators do the same thing just to make their fans happy but they too don't have any solid proof. As it has no Solid Proof of their Marriage. Not shown in the movies or in the Manga and LN. Just as he showed both of them as a Cameo why couldn't he simply have shown a Picture of them together or both of them Together as a couple but was shown as a separate cameos. You getting my point.

As i said in my previous post there is Time-skip so both Mitsuha and Taki have met and may have a proper Relationship, but its still not shown in the movie

I would love to see some official photos of Taki and Mitsuha's Wedding and marriage by Makoto Shinkai himself. I am not against their marriage its just its not clearly shown anywhere.

Most of the info you found on Google are usually Fan theories and speculations they aren't confirmed by the creator itself.
Apr 10, 7:21 AM
Jul 2023
TrickyHunter0506 said:
@SSRSyt Makoto Shinkai did say this but only to keep the fans happy. As most director and Creators do the same thing just to make their fans happy but they too don't have any solid proof. As it has no Solid Proof of their Marriage. Not shown in the movies or in the Manga and LN. Just as he showed both of them as a Cameo why couldn't he simply have shown a Picture of them together or both of them Together as a couple but was shown as a separate cameos. You getting my point.

As i said in my previous post there is Time-skip so both Mitsuha and Taki have met and may have a proper Relationship, but its still not shown in the movie

I would love to see some official photos of Taki and Mitsuha's Wedding and marriage by Makoto Shinkai himself. I am not against their marriage its just its not clearly shown anywhere.

Most of the info you found on Google are usually Fan theories and speculations they aren't confirmed by the creator itself.

ur right I thought that the movie weathering with you showed them together in a scene but now I saw it was always then seperate
Apr 10, 7:21 AM
Jul 2023
TrickyHunter0506 said:

ur right I thought that the movie weathering with you showed them together in a scene but now I saw it was always then seperate
Apr 10, 7:22 AM
Jul 2023
TrickyHunter0506 said:

Apr 10, 7:27 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to SSRSyt
TrickyHunter0506 said:

@SSRSyt Yes even in the movie "Your name" they only touched each other 1 time but it was a small brief movement during the Golden Hour time.

I really want to see them officially together. i mean i have seen many fan arts and illustrations but they only fill some parts in my heart

By the way why do i see your same post 2-3 times even i get notified like 2-3 times?
Apr 10, 7:30 AM
Jul 2023
TrickyHunter0506 said:
@SSRSyt Yes even in the movie "Your name" they only touched each other 1 time but it was a small brief movement during the Golden Hour time.

I really want to see them officially together. i mean i have seen many fan arts and illustrations but they only fill some parts in my heart

By the way why do i see your same post 2-3 times even i get notified like 2-3 times?

fr same bro I wanna see like a special episode or manga or something where they get together

also sorry there was a glitch that when I pressed post once it said timed out so I pressed it multiple times 💀
Apr 10, 7:35 AM
Apr 2023
@SSRSyt
SSRSyt said:
I wanna see like a special episode or manga or something where they get together
man i really hope to see something like this.
It will be awesome.

SSRSyt said:
there was a glitch that when I pressed post once it said timed out so I pressed it multiple times 💀
figured after i replied to you🤣🤣
Apr 10, 7:37 AM
Dec 2020
again why you all discussing Easter eggs here 😭😭😭
Apr 10, 7:49 AM
Jul 2023
past_feelings said:

we found a opportunity and took it.
Apr 10, 7:52 AM
Dec 2020
SSRSyt said:
past_feelings said:

u should've made a different thread for it 💔
Apr 10, 7:55 AM
Jul 2023
past_feelings said:
SSRSyt said:

u should've made a different thread for it 💔

idk how to make a thread 💀
Apr 10, 8:16 AM
Aug 2023
What was this thread originally about? Is there a Easter egg in these trailers or something related to Shinkai's other works? The thread confusing af😭
Apr 10, 8:44 AM
Apr 2023
past_feelings said:

sorry but these are not easter egg but in fact they are cameos.

You also made other movie related topic in Your name thread 🤣🤣🤣
Apr 10, 8:45 AM
Dec 2020
Kaitaka12 said:
What was this thread originally about? Is there a Easter egg in these trailers or something related to Shinkai's other works? The thread confusing af😭

no they are discussing offtopic 😭😭
Apr 10, 9:06 AM
Jul 2023
past_feelings said:
Kaitaka12 said:

bro we are actually discussing about the anime about which thread u made, but anyways tell me about the anime u were advertising, also teach me how to make a thread
Apr 10, 9:20 AM
Dec 2020
SSRSyt said:
past_feelings said:

bro we are actually discussing about the anime about which thread u made, but anyways tell me about the anime u were advertising, also teach me how to make a thread

those two music videos were directed by Mokoto shinkai so I wanted to share it that's all.
anyway here how you make threads:

1.first go to the MAL website and then go to the anime page where you want to make a thread(for example "your name")

2. there will be a "Forum Discussion" part in there click on "view more" or "more discussion" in case of desktop site.

3. then click on "see all Discussion"
( https://myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa/forum )

4. and there you will see the "create new topic" button. that's it. ( https://myanimelist.net/forum/?animeid=32281 ).

OR Just go here https://myanimelist.net/forum/

there you will see "series discussion" for individual series.
Apr 11, 6:26 PM
Oct 2022
TrickyHunter0506 said:
SSRSyt said:

They are, when Hodaka goes to visit Taki’s grandma in the post-timeskip scene she mentions something about Taki getting married. There might be a wedding photo shown in the background too but I can’t remember.
Apr 11, 10:17 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to pupnz
TrickyHunter0506 said:
SSRSyt said:

They are, when Hodaka goes to visit Taki’s grandma in the post-timeskip scene she mentions something about Taki getting married. There might be a wedding photo shown in the background too but I can’t remember.
@pupnz
pupnz said:
the post-timeskip scene she mentions something about Taki getting married. There might be a wedding photo shown in the background too but I can’t remember.
I did Rewatched the Movie and the scene the timestamp is 01:41:13 when Taki's Grandma's Dialogue starts but i didn't heard anything about their marriage or anything not in English Dub or not even in English Sub. It was mostly how Japan was a port and was surrounded with water then turned into a Whole Country and now its getting back to its original State means getting submerged into water.

I dont know if it was cut or have other version of film out there but the movie i watched doesn't have or doesn't show anything related to Taki and Mitsuha's Marriage. The only thing i saw is both Taki and Mitsuha' Seperate Cameos.
TrickyHunter0506Apr 11, 10:29 PM
Apr 11, 10:39 PM

Jan 2024
i already added in ptw 😼
Apr 12, 9:59 AM
Feb 2024
the heroine reminds me of clannad
Apr 12, 1:23 PM
Jul 2023
TrickyHunter0506 said:
@pupnz
pupnz said:
the post-timeskip scene she mentions something about Taki getting married. There might be a wedding photo shown in the background too but I can’t remember.
I did Rewatched the Movie and the scene the timestamp is 01:41:13 when Taki's Grandma's Dialogue starts but i didn't heard anything about their marriage or anything not in English Dub or not even in English Sub. It was mostly how Japan was a port and was surrounded with water then turned into a Whole Country and now its getting back to its original State means getting submerged into water.

I dont know if it was cut or have other version of film out there but the movie i watched doesn't have or doesn't show anything related to Taki and Mitsuha's Marriage. The only thing i saw is both Taki and Mitsuha' Seperate Cameos.

arigato gusaimas
Apr 12, 10:47 PM
Feb 2022
TrickyHunter0506 said:
SSRSyt said:

They really are just easter eggs, as Tokyo is not underwater when the two from Your Name meet up on the stairs
Apr 13, 12:42 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to SSRSyt
TrickyHunter0506 said:
@pupnz
pupnz said:

arigato gusaimas
@SSRSyt Dou itashimashite 🙏
Apr 13, 12:57 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to TheSkilledSnake
TrickyHunter0506 said:
SSRSyt said:

They really are just easter eggs, as Tokyo is not underwater when the two from Your Name meet up on the stairs
@TheSkilledSnake Do You know the difference between an Easter Egg and a Cameo Right?

Easter Eggs are usually hidden or are lying in the plain sight its only a matter of how you look and usually are shown as a image, a video or some music running in the background or something related to that and these Easter Eggs doesn't have any significant affect on the movies, series or games as its shows a small reference or a reminiscence of that previous title or anything related to its creator. or from some other medium of entertainment

Cameos are a part of the movies, series or games its usually a brief appearance of a character or a reference to other movies. sometimes its from the same creator maybe is from other mediums of entertainment
For example :- Stan lee is shown in Marvel movies. Thats a Cameo and not an Easter Egg Same goes for Weathering with You movie

And the "Weathering With you" clearly has Cameos of Taki and Mitsuha with their names shown clearly and are not an Easter Egg

TheSkilledSnake said:
There is a timeskip in the movie you must have missed it. Check my other post msg 👇
TrickyHunter0506 said:
Apr 13, 3:41 AM
Feb 2022
TrickyHunter0506 said:
@TheSkilledSnake Do You know the difference between an Easter Egg and a Cameo Right?

Easter Eggs are usually hidden or are lying in the plain sight its only a matter of how you look and usually are shown as a image, a video or some music running in the background or something related to that and these Easter Eggs doesn't have any significant affect on the movies, series or games as its shows a small reference or a reminiscence of that previous title or anything related to its creator. or from some other medium of entertainment

Cameos are a part of the movies, series or games its usually a brief appearance of a character or a reference to other movies. sometimes its from the same creator maybe is from other mediums of entertainment
For example :- Stan lee is shown in Marvel movies. Thats a Cameo and not an Easter Egg Same goes for Weathering with You movie

And the "Weathering With you" clearly has Cameos of Taki and Mitsuha with their names shown clearly and are not an Easter Egg

TheSkilledSnake said:
There is a timeskip in the movie you must have missed it. Check my other post msg 👇
TrickyHunter0506 said:

i am not reading all that and im going to continue calling them easter eggs because its animated and i personally dont think animated movies really have "guest appearances"
Apr 13, 4:02 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to TheSkilledSnake
TrickyHunter0506 said:

TheSkilledSnake said:
TrickyHunter0506 said:

i am not reading all that and im going to continue calling them easter eggs because its animated and i personally dont think animated movies really have "guest appearances"
@TheSkilledSnake
TheSkilledSnake said:
im going to continue calling them easter eggs because its animated and i personally dont think animated movies really have "guest appearances"
Just bcoz its animated and its your personal thinking that doesn't mean they don't have special or guest appearances or Cameos. Many Animes have This things. You may not know but they have.

If its your personal thing or opinion don't force it on me, I just replied to you cause u replied me in the 1st place. i even gave you proof. its upto you if you want to read or not just don't change the topic like saying u not reading all that. Just ignore my posts i didnt personally ask for u to reply me in the 1st place.

Thank you
TrickyHunter0506Apr 13, 4:49 AM
Apr 13, 11:06 AM
Jan 2024
SSRSyt said:

In Tenki no ko? Because Taki and Mitsuha aren’t married there. In fact, they haven’t even met again, as Tenki no ko takes place in 2021, and in Kimi no na wa Mitsuha and Taki meet in Tokyo in 2022.

This interestingly enough also creates a time-discrepancy between the two movies, as this makes their sunny reunion impossible.

So while yes, you see both Taki and Mitsuha, they aren’t married, and haven’t even reunited yet.
Apr 13, 12:36 PM
Jul 2023
OtakuTroglodyte said:
SSRSyt said:

In Tenki no ko? Because Taki and Mitsuha aren’t married there. In fact, they haven’t even met again, as Tenki no ko takes place in 2021, and in Kimi no na wa Mitsuha and Taki meet in Tokyo in 2022.

This interestingly enough also creates a time-discrepancy between the two movies, as this makes their sunny reunion impossible.

So while yes, you see both Taki and Mitsuha, they aren’t married, and haven’t even reunited yet.

u didn't read the whole conversation we already settled that argument 😭
Apr 13, 1:25 PM
Feb 2022
TrickyHunter0506 said:
@TheSkilledSnake
TheSkilledSnake said:
im going to continue calling them easter eggs because its animated and i personally dont think animated movies really have "guest appearances"
Just bcoz its animated and its your personal thinking that doesn't mean they don't have special or guest appearances or Cameos. Many Animes have This things. You may not know but they have.

If its your personal thing or opinion don't force it on me, I just replied to you cause u replied me in the 1st place. i even gave you proof. its upto you if you want to read or not just don't change the topic like saying u not reading all that. Just ignore my posts i didnt personally ask for u to reply me in the 1st place.

Thank you

when did i force anything onto you? we're online dummy, you can choose to not let stuff affect you.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Na wa. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

checkdafool - Jul 3, 2016

1391 by atroxeus »»
Yesterday, 7:51 AM

» The only couple that could say they’ve been in each others shoes

Angglio_1 - Apr 9

19 by Fenyy »»
Apr 14, 9:03 AM

» Is Your Name the best and worst thing to happen for Makoto Shinkai?

JuliusKingsley0 - Dec 29, 2023

47 by taleco »»
Jan 2, 1:22 PM

» Happy birthday to you two..

Suka-7777-Suka - Nov 30, 2023

26 by apkaptn1 »»
Jan 2, 10:20 AM

» How? ( 1 2 )

phantomgamer098 - Jul 18, 2023

50 by cl3dson »»
Nov 19, 2023 9:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.