Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 1, 9:23 AM

Mar 2024
I felt that my brain was melting down, watching this series. I can't denied that its a very good show, the topics discussed are still and even more relevant nowadays. But the problem of Serial Experiments Lain is that you have to spend more time doing research, than watching the anime. I spent hours reading reddit posts to find ans, dig through ancient text taking about our existence and human phycology, watch endless reviews. I even rewatch eps that I rewatch, and I Feel that finally my brain has been Enlighted.

Serial Experiments Lain is a solid 8/10 and I wouldn't recommend anyone to watch it unless you want to suffer.

May 1, 9:31 AM

Dec 2022
Haven't watched it yet, but it is tempting. Serial Experiments Lain's writer, Chiaki Konaka, was also involved in the script, series composition and/or writing for GR: Giant Robo, Texhnolyze and Armitage III — all of which were enjoyable enough romps through an unforgiving, yet emotionally compelling setting. Can't preclude the possibility of Lain being just as engaging, even if there are no guarantees.

Shaded Horizon

May 1, 9:35 AM
Dec 2021
Konaka's personification of the nature of the net which most hadn't even thought to predict is genius, laced with his unforgettable aesthetic & sound. An addicting tone piece with Abe's iconic MC.

May 1, 9:41 AM
Aug 2008
It's a very good show. One of my favorites.
May 1, 9:58 AM

Jun 2019
It helps a lot if you're into reading about all that theoretical and out there shit about existence and humanity, psychology, neurology, transhumanism, etc. for a long time before even discovering and watching the anime. This is one of those series which even moreso than most is heavily dependent upon what you make of it and part of that may be what your pre-existing interests are.
May 1, 10:05 AM

Sep 2016
Wow, first time you have a good take on something, keep it up.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 1, 10:11 AM
Aug 2023
I enjoyed doing research about it more than watching the actual show and I can't tell if that's a good thing or not.
May 1, 12:44 PM
Feb 2023
IT was a horror series for me.
May 13, 7:21 AM

Nov 2019
Abstract and original. Occasionally frustrating with it's way of expressing things.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 13, 11:35 AM

Jul 2016
Things I remember from my rewatch of SEL.
- "And you don't seem to understand"
- LETS ALL LOVE LAIN.

Past that my thoughts are pretty mixed. Was a drag watching it, felt much longer than 13 episodes. Message still stands, aged well. A bit pretentious in presentation and it felt like it was trying too hard to be philosophical or deep, but worth a watch regardless.

More topics from this board

» This is the first anime to truly mindf*** me

mydaddy - May 22

21 by TRVE_Levitoathan »»
May 28, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nini - Dec 30, 2008

373 by Zaynorang »»
May 23, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

aero - Mar 16, 2009

174 by Bunker-Nines »»
May 19, 1:15 PM

» Will this come over to crunchyroll?

Rockyjams909 - May 7

16 by FlavioTP126 »»
May 12, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

StabbyPWNS - Oct 11, 2008

293 by M00ndust »»
May 8, 10:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.