Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mushishi
Available on Manga Store
New
May 24, 2017 7:01 AM

Feb 2017
So hi guys :D
I'm wondering if i should watch Mushishi as i heard that the ratings are quite high. I did tried it once before but i didn't really like it. Is it really bad or is it just me? I hope you guys could give me some honest opinions about it. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
May 24, 2017 7:06 AM

Jun 2015
It's heavily episodic
It's an anime that should be "paced watched" rather than binged
It focuses more on story and atmosphere than characters

Yes, it's a good anime. It's one of the best when it comes to setting up moods. Makes great use of its episodic format and has memorable characters despite the fact that most of them don't even appear in more than one episode.

If you don't like elements like this then the show is not for you.
May 24, 2017 9:11 AM

Feb 2013
p0o said:
I'm wondering if i should watch Mushishi as i heard that the ratings are quite high. I did tried it once before but i didn't really like it. Is it really bad or is it just me? I hope you guys could give me some honest opinions about it. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

it is like asking "is kino no tabi is good","is boogiepop is good", "is kaiba is good", " is ergo proxy is good", " is serial experiment lain is good", stuff like that need TIME and EFFORT to understand. Notes and research of content and hidden content, meaning within animation symbolism.

If you want to get happy and high just watch nichijou or sakamoto desu ga or stuff.

Mushishi is zen.THAT.

okay, sorry that is my honest opinion.
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon."
May 24, 2017 9:44 AM
Apr 2017
benriya said:

"is kino no tabi is good","is boogiepop is good", "is kaiba is good", " is ergo proxy is good", " is serial experiment lain is good",

You need to work on your grammar. You repeated the same mistake five times in a row.
spacecobraMay 24, 2017 9:49 AM
May 24, 2017 9:53 AM

Jul 2016
p0o said:

Mushi-Shi is arguably masterpiece quality. It gets high ratings partially because many recognize it as such, and the rest is people only ever rating things 7-10 lol. That said, its not necessarily for everyone. It's not fast paced like a lot of anime out there, so the pacing can turn some people off. Mushi-Shi's value is not in "shock value" story telling, rather its value is in the intrigue and mystery in each story told.

If you don't find it enjoyable put it on the shelf for now and try again later. Your anime list is quite short so it might not be the best time for you to absorb such a show. Welcome to MAL
May 24, 2017 10:08 AM

Oct 2014
According to the ratings it's good, but it is up to people's taste, i couldn't watch the first episode because in my opinion it's boring, just watch some of the episodes and decide it for yourself if it's good or not
May 24, 2017 10:46 PM

Feb 2017
hmm, guess i will give it a try again :D
May 27, 2017 11:09 AM

Feb 2017
Buo said:
It's a good series but massively overrated in my humble opinion. People usually get charmed by the unique premise and above average production values and the fact that it's so different from every other anime out there. The storytelling and atmosphere are the best part, the issue is that the overall execution is flawed, it doesn't really go anywhere with its premise, relies far too much on sob stories which tend to be very grating after a while and it completely lacks characters, I have no idea whether this was intentional or not, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a huge flaw that gets more noticeable the more you watch to the point where you simply can't ignore it anymore.

Despite all those issues, it's still something everyone has to experience at least once, its OST is out of this world.

Well, I don't really like this kind of slow paced anime.
May 28, 2017 6:02 AM

Feb 2017
Buo said:
p0o said:

Well, I don't really like this kind of slow paced anime.

The slow pace isn't an issue at all (unless you really can't stand that type of anime), it's expertly done in Mushishi. Its shortcomings don't come from the storytelling, it's actually the best part of the show. It has more glaring flaws people are surprisingly willing to ignore, most of which I listed in my previous post.

Seems like this anime is more suitable for me when im bored... Mind telling me what is the objective of this anime? Like the highlights of this anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 10, 2008

175 by reus23shinji »»
May 15, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zippy - Feb 9, 2008

136 by reus23shinji »»
May 15, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 6, 2008

150 by reus23shinji »»
May 11, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 6, 2008

159 by Nuikorakabiri »»
Apr 22, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 2, 2008

156 by hinasuns »»
Mar 21, 7:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.