Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2008 10:15 AM
Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well...I don't know if the italian first episode is the same of other countries ones...but my vote is for that one.
DuntherSep 6, 2008 10:20 AM
May 20, 2009 4:07 PM

Jun 2008
I watched the german version at first, but now I'm watching it with english subs. It's more convenient for my ears to hear the japanese original voice of the characters:D
This whole series made a great impression on me!!!
Shin-chan is awesome! I think I never met such a child before and I hope I won't:)
But he's great! I think I could watch this anime without any break all day long.
This anime is something special;)
Jun 15, 2012 1:40 AM

Feb 2010
Eyed the cover art and came in expecting a kids' toon. Got a handful of politically incorrect one-liners instead. Loved it, what a gem! The comedy is excellent as is the dubbing.

edit: FUNimation's dub was produced for Adult Swim, no wonder. The manga and sub are far tamer
hellogoodbyeJun 15, 2012 4:18 PM
Jan 20, 2015 8:15 AM

Mar 2014
berserk-chan said:
now I'm watching it with english subs. It's more convenient for my ears to hear the japanese original voice of the characters

If you don't mind me asking, could you PM me where you found an English subtitled version of the show? I've been looking everywhere but can only find the Funimation dub.
::End of Transmission::

Apr 15, 2016 12:33 AM

Apr 2016
Is there no sub versions of Shin-chan any where ? :[ The Funimation version just to stupid.
The original has charm. Shi is cheeky and the comedy is suttle. English verion is just Crappy swearing asking a child if hes going to buy drugs n stuff.BORING
May 15, 2016 1:27 AM

Jul 2014
lukeyo said:
Is there no sub versions of Shin-chan any where ? :[ The Funimation version just to stupid.
The original has charm. Shi is cheeky and the comedy is suttle. English verion is just Crappy swearing asking a child if hes going to buy drugs n stuff.BORING

Sub: https://www.shinchanenglish.com/
PannenkoekenNLFeb 1, 2018 5:05 AM
Dec 4, 2020 10:16 AM

Feb 2017
Two minutes into the entire series and Shin whips out his dick jokes. Legendary.
Apr 5, 2021 9:59 PM
Aug 2020
I'm definitely not going to watch all of this since it's so goddamn long, but considering how popular it is Japan and some other countries I thought I should at least watch the first episode.

It was pretty good I guess. Kids will definitely enjoy it. The one thing that I really love about this show is the character designs. They all look very unique.
Apr 22, 2021 10:12 AM

Feb 2014
Finally getting to watch the show subbed from the beginning, and so far I'm liking it a lot. The voice acting is really good and sounds quite realistic, especially of Misae. And it feels like a proper TV show with actual visual directing and natural dialogues.

And that "elephant" scene lol, along with all those adult jokes. No wonder the show was highly "sanitized" when it was aired in India.
Sep 8, 2021 12:05 PM

Aug 2021
Watching this uncensored for the 1st time
They used to censor the stuff in my country sadly
Now I know why shinchan was late to school XD ..... That elephant scene tho

Oct 9, 2021 1:44 PM

Feb 2014
First episode is divided in three parts: 'Running an Errand' where Shin goes shopping; 'Mommy's mornings are busy' where Misae struggles to get Shin ready on time for the school bus; and 'Doodling' where Shin and his friends are supposed to exercise creativity by drawing anything they can imagine.
Apr 25, 2022 2:26 PM

Nov 2012
It kind of surprised me how much Shin-chan mouths off to this mother this episode. Usually Japanese people are all about modesty and politeness, guess it fits since he just a kid and unaware of such things.

The second and third part of this episode made me question is Shin is actually dumb or very smart since he plays the adults like a fiddle. There like an air of smuggness to his character, and the deapan sort of delivery to his jokes are very amusing.

Atm of writing this only the first 41 episode have been subbed by BuriBuri.
Oct 31, 2022 3:45 AM
Jul 2018
My favorite childhood show!

First part: it was hilarious, elephant joke was not something a 5 year old kid will do, lol.

Second part: the lazy kid sleeps anywhere. Best part was he sleeping in the sink. His mother tries a lot but he is one lazy bastard!

Third part: shin is too mature for a 5 year old kid, I'm 100% he does things deliberately to make other angry because he have the knowledge of adults.
Aug 17, 2023 7:21 AM
Aug 2023
The best of childhood u can get .

More topics from this board

Poll: » Crayon Shin-chan Episode 1233 Discussion

BlichoBoy - May 18

3 by SakuraLily1044 »»
May 30, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Crayon Shin-chan Episode 7 Discussion

Dunther - Oct 21, 2008

3 by InfinityDude88 »»
May 28, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Crayon Shin-chan Episode 6 Discussion

Dunther - Oct 16, 2008

3 by InfinityDude88 »»
May 25, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Crayon Shin-chan Episode 4 Discussion

Dunther - Oct 15, 2008

8 by InfinityDude88 »»
May 22, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Crayon Shin-chan Episode 2 Discussion

Dunther - Oct 15, 2008

6 by PSX_Aloe »»
May 6, 5:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.