Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 15, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
It's very credible to believe that Mio is among the strongest spirit Shidou has faced in the franchise up to ths point. Maybe not the absolute strongest but definitely very powerful.

Got some interesting background story about Westcott and his past. It had its happy but also dark and sorrowful moments. It looks like he dedicated his time to research magic, motivated by revenge. They definitely wanted to flesh out Westcott more.
May 15, 8:00 AM

Dec 2021
Mio's harvest arc continues.

In the past, Westcott's suppressed childhood hatred, ambition, and efforts to achieve his goal of restoring the world come to light. When Shidou confronts Westcott, the latter admits he cannot afford to harness Mio's power yet and asks for Shidou's cooperation. Naturally, Shidou refuses, leading to a battle. Shidou summons "Zadkiel," "Raphael," and "Metatron," surrounded by swirling cold air, dancing winds, and wings of light.

Meanwhile, Ellen and Elliot engage in a match. Ellen is defeated and prepares for her end. Then, as Tohka and the rest stand up against Mio together, Mio raises her hand and calls out a name, a giant tower appears, surrounded by flowers and branches, piercing the sky. Suddenly, the surroundings turn monochrome, reduced to cubes. The first victim of this being Yoshino

Westcott discovers the joys of life...lol.
IzanaSolosMay 15, 3:27 PM

May 15, 8:24 AM
Oct 2023
good episode, the story of isaac and elliot great

Mio's powers are magnificent!!
May 15, 8:39 AM
Aug 2022
I was really hoping for Shido vs Isaac this week but hey I guess I'll wait another week
May 15, 8:47 AM
Jul 2014
If you watch opening carefully it show us death sequence. Kurumi, Yamai(Kaguya, Yuzuru), Mukuro, Yoshino
Its going too well and i feel like i am watching first season. Quality is OP and i hope Isaac die!
May 15, 9:02 AM

Nov 2017
Nice, we've got to see Elliot, Wescott, Ellen & Karen past, and we also got Reanimated Scene from S1 showing how Mio actually summoned into the current world, and i realise from todays and the last week episode, they using Less CGI for Main Character Battle which we can see today when Mio attacking Tohka, yea even though we can clearly see they still using CGI based for the character design for movement.
May 15, 9:09 AM
Dec 2018
I'm actually enjoying this series again after the dumpsterfire that was Season 4 and it's plot. S5 is bringing back that feeling that the first two seasons have and I actually really like Mio as a character.

But I can't stand the animation. It's dragging what chance of redemption it has through the gutter and ruining the enjoyment.
May 15, 9:11 AM

Jul 2016
So Westcott never had a sad supervillain backstory that flipped a switch in him, he's just always been that twisted. Damn.

The tonal whiplash might've been too much but I half-expected Yoshinon to let out one last witty comment before Yoshino got axed
May 15, 9:13 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Lilith_Natsume
I'm actually enjoying this series again after the dumpsterfire that was Season 4 and it's plot. S5 is bringing back that feeling that the first two seasons have and I actually really like Mio as a character.

But I can't stand the animation. It's dragging what chance of redemption it has through the gutter and ruining the enjoyment.
@Lilith_Natsume I think their probably just saving budget for shido vs westcott lol.I mean that fight alone is going to burn half if not more of their budget.
May 15, 9:19 AM

Nov 2019
Imagine Westcott, Johan Liebert and Griffith in a single room.

They kept us waiting for the fight of the season, but I am not complaining. The anime is leaving out certain details with both the designs of Ain Soph and Ain Soph Aur, maybe to avoid art direction complications.

Talking about art, some CGI just felt... unnecessary. When a character is barely moving and you are doing this, it becomes very conspicuous. It's as creepy as one of the AI generated comments above.
Laplace_kunMay 15, 9:23 AM
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 15, 9:23 AM
Jul 2023
Noooooooo
Mukuro is dead
Yoshino is dead
(previously)Kurumi died
😭😭

I am quite interested in how the story will proceed and I hope that the Spirits who died will return somehow
May 15, 9:43 AM
Apr 2013
EP 6

Soo yeah. last week uhm. rip kurumi and kaguya
though
Im not sure if its intentional but date a live. dead? hard to say
I mean way back in vol 1 shido got hit by a sniper rifle but survived. kinda ironic now that you think about what happened with shinji

The other thing is. we see shido using kurumi's powers in the op, but kurumi is distinctively the only girl that shido did not seal. so what is going on here? i mean clearly something is going to happen

Otherwise, is shido actually going to bury westcott for good, or is he/mio going to pull out some shenanigan this time? hmmm

So yes. i mean they hinted that there's some kind of like tragic backstory but i dunno. writing antagonists is always gonna be tough, since he is basically to blame for everything that happened

Unfortunately not much happened in this ep, the flashback was whatever, ellen and elliot are both knocked out offscreen, shido vs westcott nothing much and mio just rolls yuzuru, mukuro and yoshino

Place yo bets guys, is westcott gonna survive ep 7 or not? Either way we still have SIX more episodes to go. Only 6 girls are left, at the rate mio is going they're all gonna be offed by ep 9, maybe even ep 8. Surely westcott cant possibly survive past ep 8? If he survives two entire eps I'm gonna call shenanigans. Though idk. The other girls...I mean mio just seems invincible right now.

The whole backstory thing is kinda meh honestly.
CocoaGalaxyMay 15, 9:47 AM
May 15, 10:04 AM

Oct 2007
Kaguya and Yuzuyu deaths have been the most brutal so far. I guess it's fortunate that Yoshino was only shot, not stabbed.

Mukuro's sealing ability with Mikhail would have actually worked if Mio had not deployed her "territory". But now Muku is dead, so that option is out.

I thought Elliot would be able to help against Mio. But looks like he's already spent on defeating Ellen.

looking forward to next week!
this is getting so good.
May 15, 10:18 AM
Nov 2019
Damn mío’s plan from the beginning is going quickly….

Getting all the Sephira’s from all the girls…

This season so far is awesome a lot better than 4
But it was a build up… I don’t get some people’s criticism lol
Just watch and enjoy

If your a fan of the light novel this should quench your thirst
May 15, 10:22 AM

Oct 2017
Westcott wasn't a good guy turned evil due to tragic past but he was messed up from the begining and just used the situation to fulfill his desires, truly trash.

Wait so Ellen liked Elliot? Damn. Both sisters huh. Also Elliot dead?

Mio killing the other heroines continues and that's four down now. Who's next? Mio's way too OP as expected.
May 15, 11:16 AM

Jun 2017
Damnn Mio fodderizes her "daughthers" hard...how will Shido even untangle this mess. He doesn't have Kurumi's full powers but the OP hints at him time travelling again.

The "magi are real" and all this stuff started because Westcott was born a crazy fuck is still a bit hard to digest for me tho.
May 15, 11:23 AM
May 2021
Mio is so overpowered. They all won't have a chance beating her and what is shido doing in the preview 🤔 so he is finally going to use all powers he has
May 15, 11:27 AM

Jul 2021
Lol is Shido doing a Kamehameha in the preview
May 15, 11:45 AM
Dec 2021
why am i still watching
May 15, 11:54 AM

Apr 2015
Mio out here collecting the spirits like Thanos lol.
I really like the story now, Very invested. So Ike started it all.
Also seeing Domains being used here is really cool, As someone who enjoys JJK and Bleach xD
May 15, 11:56 AM

May 2020
Westcott is just a simple "I'm bad because I'm bad" character. In hindsight, he doesn't actually have any particular reason to do things which he did, and does, unlike his three other friends lol.

Anyways, Mio actually is just beyond overpowered. Can't blame the girls for merely becoming a count for Mio to keep track of.
May 15, 12:20 PM

Oct 2016
i think ive never been less interested in the story of a villain than Ike's
he so boring and uninspired, i cant be the only one that doesnt give 2 craps about him lmao

question for my bros with better memory, how is it that this Mana is the same as Shin's sister but still remains so young? i forgor
May 15, 12:21 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Lilith_Natsume

@Lilith_Natsume season 4 nearly won anime of the season on corner and was key to setting up the events here. It was altogether very fun and had a good buildup.

The animation is very good for a ln anime. The production committee nailed integrating cgi and 2d something a1 pictures cannot do. Kadokawa definitely hasn't done this well for cgi and 2d, not even for overlord.
May 15, 12:22 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Mikarin_Enjoyer
he so boring and uninspired, i cant be the only one that doesnt give 2 craps about him lmao

question for my bros with better memory, how is it that this Mana is the same as Shin's sister but still remains so young? i forgor
@Mikarin_Enjoyer mana is a dem wizard when she got kidnapped. Wizards effectively don't age through heavy experimentation. This is why Ellen looks younger than her sister. When Ellen is like 50 years.
May 15, 12:49 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to Lilith_Natsume

@Lilith_Natsume How is season 4 a dumpster fire?
May 15, 1:25 PM

Feb 2019
Gotta give Date A Live author credit for doubling down on Westcott being an evil pos rather than trying to make us feel sympathetic towards him. Too often do these stories give the villains a sob story backstory, fuck that, give me a genuinely evil villain who I can hate.

Soon as buddy said his kind mother’s death made him elated I knew he was irredeemable.. then watching the village burn with a smile and even killing his adopted parents, just no room for saving him at all. Hope he gets the most horrible death imaginable. Need to see Shido destroy him.

Back on the spirit side, things heating up with Mio and the other spirits, as if losing Kaguya last week wasn’t enough, Yuzuru too 😭 Mio is so OP and with things now happening in the neighbouring world and her only getting stronger as she defeats the spirits..idk how she can be beat. Probably some loophole in the “rules” of the world?

RIP Elliot too. I feel like he was a good dude that just got roped into all of Westcott’s bs because of their shared trauma as kids, even when Mio was originally summoned you could tell he was a little hesitant.

Fire ep as usual
Marinate1016May 15, 2:01 PM
May 15, 1:44 PM
Oct 2023
damn everyones dying
May 15, 2:54 PM

Mar 2022
Reply to Cestlavie_
Lol is Shido doing a Kamehameha in the preview
@Cestlavie_ It looks like a combination between GT Goku's 10x Kamehameha and Vegito's final Kamehameha.
May 15, 3:17 PM
Mar 2021
Another great episode, already can't wait for the next one
May 15, 3:22 PM
Nov 2021
Its crazy how this Series Changed, we remember it as Romancy comedy but once 4 and 5 seasons came out, it became true Emotional Damage and Despair.
May 15, 5:52 PM
Apr 2018
rip 2.5 more spirit :sadge:
May 15, 7:15 PM
Aug 2022
Yup... I totally missed it 😭
May 15, 8:26 PM

Aug 2018
Well, that was a pretty grim episode.
May 15, 11:19 PM

Jul 2015
And so Wescott casually murdered 150 million people...

May 15, 11:39 PM

Oct 2017
Basically Westcott's is just Kirei Kotomine whom has abnormal human emotion that enjoy other people suffers XD

They are also both "magician" in their show too XD. And they both have a grand scheme of summoning something powerful but disastrous to the world.
May 16, 12:18 AM

Feb 2016
I'm sick of seeing anime villains being bad only because they like to have fucking bonners.

Also, people is dying left and right, it's not even impactful. All this war has been so weak exactly because of that, it's trying too hard to impact the viewers lol
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
May 16, 12:41 AM

Dec 2018
I liked the backstory, but watching the girls fall one by one is just so hard to bear.
May 16, 1:05 AM

Nov 2019
Ventus_S said:
Basically Westcott's is just Kirei Kotomine whom has abnormal human emotion that enjoy other people suffers XD

They are also both "magician" in their show too XD. And they both have a grand scheme of summoning something powerful but disastrous to the world.

Interesting you brought up Kotomine, the fans often opine that Tachibana likes Type-Moon (he does have writing credit in FGO) .

There is an unadapted part from DAL III where Westcott meets the one who wanted to kill him by dropping satellites.

The guy was shaking, but Westcott instead praised him for devising something so wicked. In a way, Isaac also sees his own despair and pain as sources of joy. He's so dangerous because not only he can fall, he's the type to bring everything and everyone down along with him.
Laplace_kunMay 16, 2:19 AM
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 16, 2:35 AM

Feb 2018
So Mr. evil Westcott was a psychopath since young lmao. And dang, those four were the ones that brought spirits into the world? Got a lot of past lore this season lol.

Damn, Mio is easily taking down everyone. Really makes me wonder what will happen in the end.

Never ending plan to watch list...

May 16, 5:57 AM

May 2018
Westcott is pure evil, but he doesn't do it randomly like many villains out there to demonstrate power.
He aims for something bigger.
That's why when he's about to torture Tohka in S2 he wasn't particularly happy about it, it was just a means to achieve his goal.
He also has emotions, as he himself said he felt deep despair when his village was burned down.
And of course, he looked out for his friends the entire time. Even in S4 while Ellen wanted to kill Elliot, he wanted Elliot to return to his side.
Westcott is interesting, unfortunately the anime cut a lot of his screen time throughout the seasons.

And finally, Westcott had never done anything evil for no reason, he craved despair, but he never did anything to cause it. Humans gave him a reason.
May 16, 6:18 AM

Feb 2011
The scale of the explosion on the earth scene VS the tiny crater it made kinda irritates me. It showed a continental sized explosion and then this tiny ~2KM wide crater? you gotta be shitting me.

aside from that it was a fantastic episode. bodies dropping left and right, some partial nudity from the spirits losing their saphirah (but of course yoshino wasn't shown.. grrr)

it was slow getting here but now every episode is looking to be a banger. Great to have 4 seasons of bringing us to love these girls only to have them get one shot left and right.

would be better if there was more of a struggle, maybe tohka's death will be impactful

May 16, 6:35 AM
May 2024
The "culling game" has began in DaL V even though JJK anime haven't adapted the arc yet
MY GOODNESS MIO how did you learn your "domain expansion"?
May 16, 8:58 AM
Mar 2024
Amazing episode indeed. This directly relates to the opening scene of date a live. Hope it continues to rank 1 on all polls
May 16, 9:02 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to StallionXD
I'm sick of seeing anime villains being bad only because they like to have fucking bonners.

Also, people is dying left and right, it's not even impactful. All this war has been so weak exactly because of that, it's trying too hard to impact the viewers lol
@StallionXD this quake was like seaso
1 opening scene in case you didn't recall. The backstory is amazing and explains everything. Will be later expanded upon soon. This is why dal will probably win anime of the season. Rewatchability and connecting the dots

The plot twist was amazing. Even more than the mio one. The one who started it all was in fact the villain
SpiderMiles3523May 16, 9:10 AM
May 16, 9:07 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Mikarin_Enjoyer

@Mikarin_Enjoyer Ike is a very interesting villain and deadly one. He pretty much made the story happen
May 16, 9:12 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to MaouHero
Westcott is pure evil, but he doesn't do it randomly like many villains out there to demonstrate power.
He aims for something bigger.
That's why when he's about to torture Tohka in S2 he wasn't particularly happy about it, it was just a means to achieve his goal.
He also has emotions, as he himself said he felt deep despair when his village was burned down.
And of course, he looked out for his friends the entire time. Even in S4 while Ellen wanted to kill Elliot, he wanted Elliot to return to his side.
Westcott is interesting, unfortunately the anime cut a lot of his screen time throughout the seasons.

And finally, Westcott had never done anything evil for no reason, he craved despair, but he never did anything to cause it. Humans gave him a reason.
@MaouHero best part he is part of the biggest plot twist to the series. He basically started the series. If it wasn't for him, the whole anime wouldn't have happened
May 16, 9:21 AM
Aug 2022
pretty good, but i was expecting Shido vs Westcott
May 16, 10:42 AM

Oct 2016
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@Mikarin_Enjoyer Ike is a very interesting villain and deadly one. He pretty much made the story happen
@SpiderMiles3523 no, its awful, any type of villain would have made the story move the exact same way

but you do you lil bro, i also like things that fcking suck
May 16, 10:50 AM
Mar 2022
There is something I don't understand if Shido was reborn from Mio, how is Mana still younger than him, same with kotori? if they already had an age when Shin died.

am I missing something? I thought the timeline was resetted or something, but Westcott remembering Shin tells me this is no the case.

if the answer to this means spoilers, do not tell me 😅
May 16, 11:41 AM

Nov 2019
Mikarin_Enjoyer said:
@SpiderMiles3523 no, its awful, any type of villain would have made the story move the exact same way

but you do you lil bro, i also like things that fcking suck

any type of villain wouldn't have the IQ, drive, manipulative power, charisma, self-destructive nature, apathy and alienation Westcott brings to the table.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Thoughts on the "that's so lame" girl?

APolygons2 - May 27

19 by unlocked1 »»
Yesterday, 4:33 AM

» Imagine watching this subtitled, lol ( 1 2 )

Yui_Suzumiya69 - May 23

69 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
May 27, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22

51 by Angry_By_Default »»
May 27, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8

88 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
May 25, 7:00 PM

» Is this gonna be the final season? ( 1 2 )

keithgriff - May 19

50 by benjic665 »»
May 24, 9:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.