Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 17, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Another one of those buildup episodes although Shido is the luckiest guy here. He gets gifts and comfort from his harem. It seems they're not leaving out any girl out of the group. Tooka's was the cutest and innocent imo by putting his head on her lap.

And oh course, there's Kurumi whom I'm expecting to have an important role for this arc.
Apr 17, 7:58 AM
Aug 2022
Kurumi San she's still beautiful as ever. just can't stop re watching the whole series & Episode 1 again and again.
Boi He's one lucky bad**rd who got gifts from his team.
TBH Tohka she suits him more than any other girls.
She's (this time Tohka) the cutest thing ever.
again he's the lucky one.....

What do you guys think about it?
Ricky16Apr 17, 8:15 AM
Apr 17, 7:58 AM

Feb 2018
Yuzuru, Kaguya, Miku, and Nia are discussing something interesting. They're sharing their experiences of being kissed by Shidou. The kiss is an alternative way to seal the "seirei" powers. I like the scene where Tohka gives onigiri to Kotori. Kotori's reaction is adorable, and it seems like they reluctantly eat Tohka's homemade onigiri. I'm still curious, what's the deal with Shidou's onigiri? Does it contain poison? xD

Tohka meets Shidou because she can't sleep. Here, Tohka asks about Shidou's well-being. Shidou is thinking about how to seal Kurumi's "seirei." I love the moments between Tohka and Shidou; they make a romantic couple. Shidou sleeping in Tohka's lap is definitely a highlight in this episode. They discuss the past, where Tohka expresses deep gratitude to Shidou for sealing her "seirei."

The meeting discusses the DEM, which is considered a skeptical method. The plan aims to protect Shidou. It seems that Wescott has received a message from Nightmare. Wescott has given the order to launch the bandersnatch. The robot appears fragile and easily defeated. Kurumi is really furious here.

The Kurumi clones are incredibly powerful and numerous. Wescott's forces are also confused by the hostile condition of the city. It's an interesting episode, and the battle is becoming more intense.
Apr 17, 7:59 AM

Feb 2018
Reply to Ricky16
Kurumi San she's still beautiful as ever. just can't stop re watching the whole series & Episode 1 again and again.
Boi He's one lucky bad**rd who got gifts from his team.
TBH Tohka she suits him more than any other girls.
She's (this time Tohka) the cutest thing ever.
again he's the lucky one.....

What do you guys think about it?
@Ricky16 Kurumi barely gets any screen time here, as only her clones appear, attacking the bandersnatch. How would you summarize Kurumi in this episode? -_-
Apr 17, 8:00 AM

Dec 2021
Finally, the war begins.

As the battle with DEM approaches, the crew of Fraxinus busily and spiritedly prepare for it. The spirits work hard to make treats to cheer up Shidou and everyone else. The moment of the decisive battle draws nearer with each passing moment. The war commences, with both sides deadlocked until Isaac commands all units to launch. This is also when Kurumi enters the fray, destroying DEM ships.

Simultaneously, AST troops are ordered to charge in and engage the Spirits in combat. However, when one of the DEM wizards targets the AST, using them as bait, Mukuro saves the leader by redirecting the laser back to the DEM Wizard herself (utilizing the Granzon-style Wormhole defense method). This prompts the AST to disregard orders and turn their attention to fighting against DEM instead.

This war will be tough and last a while.

Apr 17, 8:01 AM
Aug 2022
Reply to Syureria
@Ricky16 Kurumi barely gets any screen time here, as only her clones appear, attacking the bandersnatch. How would you summarize Kurumi in this episode? -_-
@Syureria yeah that's true, but I couldn't stop rewatching the whole series & ep 1 again that's what I wanted to comment on. Sorry if you found it annoying
Apr 17, 8:10 AM

Feb 2021
Nice OP. Really makes it feel like we're getting into something big. The spoilers tho
2:49 In Japanese she said ちんすこう (chinsukou) - chinsuko; traditional Okinawan biscuit made with wheat flour, lard and sugar. It sounds similar to ちんこ (chinko) - co-

12:03 "Even if I could go back to our meeting with all the memories I have not" foreshadowing?

Holup, Nia can jam Beelzebub? I thought it was completely OP.
Apr 17, 8:21 AM
Apr 2021
This episode has pull all reference from past season , like how muku, kaguya and nia mentioned that , I am glad I have already rewatched all 48 episodes and movie from past seasos,
Ohh boy I am not ready for next episode.
Apr 17, 8:57 AM

Jan 2023
A very funny first half for this episode, I especially loved Kaguya's teasing by the others.
The second half sees the beginning of the big battle for Shido finally, looking forward to next week.
Apr 17, 9:08 AM

Nov 2017
yooo they literally spoil us with
in the Opening lol, but i kinda disappointed they didn't show
Excited for the next episode !!!
Apr 17, 10:16 AM
Oct 2023
Good episode, last funny and tender moments before the war. the start of the fights was beautiful!!

episode 3 promises to be very eventful and incredible

(opening is also exceptional, the best of all dal)

animation level, the quality was really good, and the details on the faces were great, for the moment the season 5 is above season 4 for the quality of the CGI and animation.
Apr 17, 10:32 AM
Apr 2013
EP 2

Uh. well you know by this point

Aaand thats the end of the ep
So yeah uh, not much happened this ep, just leaving us off before
I dont think things will wrap up next ep so probably crazy stuff happening in the next two eps or so hell if i know
Thats some preview. i mean they have been straight up telling us that crazy stuff is gonna happen, only question is when? there's still a lot of eps to go

The surprising thing is there was more but also less talking than I expected. Otherwise uh.

The one time I'm early and uh. Not much to say this ep.

Crazy stuff is gonna be happening in the next ep or two though.
I'm not sure. The preview and maybe its just me but it feels like, I'm not sure if its wishful thinking from me or it feels like they are foreshadowing dem is gonna get utterly wiped out.

So yeah "mio" has really big prominence in the cover image and the op and what not which could be a distraction or it could be.
Still, a lot of eps to go, which really anything could happen. The preview does seem to be implying that "mio" is gonna show up next up though. It's only a matter of time I guess.

Shido using kurumi's powers in the op is a thing I guess, but we all knew it was only a matter of time if she did or didnt. It would be an interesting twist if it didnt happen though but there's only so many twists they can cram into one episode/arc. Or can they?
Apr 17, 10:36 AM

Jul 2016
Legit tried to brute force a reason for why chupacabras are """lewd""" and thought it's because they suck their targets dry of their body fluids, but nope. "Chu~" -pacabras are the most obscene creatures ever for kissing goats to death. Kaguya's adorable.

The nostalgia from the "That's so lame" spam hit like a truck, and Kurumi coming in cackling like a witch was unintentionally hilarious.
Apr 17, 10:55 AM

May 2020
"Attention, please" 

You always have our attention anyways xD
Though now that the final fight against DEM has started, I'm kind of worried about them. I mean as far as opposing them is concerned, there are plenty, but for supporting them, no one at all lol. That's what you get after playing bad guys for so long.

Speaking of so long, the "maji hiku wa" girl made her seasonal appearance too. It might be well over 10 years since the first season, but her vocabulary hasn't changed even by an alphabet. Way to remain relevant.

Also, at this point they should realize that Reine is phantom. She's giving enough hints already lol.
Apr 17, 11:18 AM

Feb 2019
The final peaceful episode before the big battle. Was nice seeing the girls recount their meetings with Shido and how much he means to them, realising how much they want to protect him. Of course, our usual Date a Live humour as well. Meanwhile Shido himself is just focused on saving Kurumi. Even in spite of his own physical weaknesses, he’s just worried about helping people.

Tohka and Shido convo was so good man. Even with all the shit he’s in now he wouldn’t change a thing and is committed to seizing a future where everyone gets a happy ending. That’s why he’s a goated MC. His resilience and determination is amazing. This series started with he and Tohka meeting so it’s only right before the big battle it’s them spending an intimate moment.

And it’s here. Mathers and Wescott’s forces enter the city to a nice greeting from none other than Kurumi! As usual, only has a few mins in the episode but steals the show with her aura lol. Can’t wait to see what she got cooked up next week. First two episodes have been really good.
Marinate1016Apr 17, 11:56 AM
Apr 17, 12:09 PM

Jun 2017
Wow I thought half the season would lead into this battle but we are going in already, neat.

Kaguya too pure for her own good. LoL
Apr 17, 12:22 PM

Nov 2019
That opening would have been goated with some more Westcott, but interesting regarding the arcs to be adapted it hints about... I love the song much more than last season... There are some subtle spoilers, but they are a small fraction of the sheer amount of "wtf, that was crazy" things that are about to happen.

The episode was really indulgent with the spirits for what is hinted to be one last time. Badly adapted or not in the prior season, you can see Nia really needing therapy (hugs). I don't remember that good, but I am sure Natsumi can do anything just about right. Rice balls would be ez...

Not the first time Tohka provided emotional support to Shido. The other girls had their own lives, and Tohka...

The CGI dread lives on, but could be countered by some good storytelling and direction. And of course, the ost by the goated Go Sakabe, who carries this show hard.

There are just too many things to look forward to >_<
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 17, 1:29 PM
Mar 2012
I feel like this show upped the ante for harems and really exist to show the others how to actually write.

we actually have a plot now. I really have to give the writer some mad props for this one.
Apr 17, 2:05 PM
Apr 2021
Kurumi gave me those s1 vibes again ngl
Apr 17, 5:45 PM
Aug 2022
Seriously I gotta mention this first Whilst watching the opening I wasn’t really that impressed by the song imo season 4’s song was way better

Genuinely Date a live has such a special place in my heart (not just cause it has one of my favourite characters)

But it’s funny, the characters are great, the abilities are unique (the animation isn’t really anything special especially with the last 2 seasons but I couldn’t care less really)

And now the story has seriously started to pick up with s4 and 5, I do prefer how the first 3 seasons were. I enjoyed the lighter side of date a live.

But It doesn’t mean I dislike s4 or 5. These last 2 seasons have been great and so intense.

Date a live was one of my first anime and I hold such a soft spot for it
Apr 17, 6:42 PM

May 2021
Kurumi snapping that neck just for the "Attention please!" was such a moment. No wonder she can steal the show with just a few seconds of screentime.

Apr 17, 11:09 PM

Apr 2012
half episode they were making jelly-filled donuts
the other half they were just talking
and only the last minute had some kind of action.... bad episode
Apr 18, 1:26 AM

Feb 2018
Got a lil funny bit at the start with the ero non-ero words lol. Looks like we have a big battle coming up already too.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Apr 18, 2:01 AM
Apr 2018
The last peaceful episode
Apr 18, 2:30 AM

Oct 2007
so it's Ratatoskr's small fleet against DEM's fleet which is five times as many. However, this city is home ground for Ratatoskr, and they have several snti-ship cannons prepared in the buildings to even the odds a bit. Kurumi joins in as well, and the small war has started!

I'm puzzled at the japanese government in this anime. They allow a business company like DEM Industries to have an army of it's own? Or maybe DEM has people in the government? 30 battleships and thousands of Bandersnatch robots are enough to threaten a small country.

looking forward to the next episode on how Shidou and the spirits will fight. Also looking forward how Kotori would lead.
Apr 18, 4:01 AM
Apr 2022
TOHKA ALSO BESTTT GIRL
Apr 18, 5:06 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to Angry_By_Default
@Angry_By_Default

A few moments of humor and compassion were needed, before the rest of the season which will be extremely emotional.

it was cool, especially the scene with kaguya
Apr 18, 9:00 AM

Jan 2021
The new op was alright I remember last season’s opening slapped
Apr 18, 12:41 PM

May 2018
Reply to Liddo-kun
so it's Ratatoskr's small fleet against DEM's fleet which is five times as many. However, this city is home ground for Ratatoskr, and they have several snti-ship cannons prepared in the buildings to even the odds a bit. Kurumi joins in as well, and the small war has started!

I'm puzzled at the japanese government in this anime. They allow a business company like DEM Industries to have an army of it's own? Or maybe DEM has people in the government? 30 battleships and thousands of Bandersnatch robots are enough to threaten a small country.

looking forward to the next episode on how Shidou and the spirits will fight. Also looking forward how Kotori would lead.
@Liddo-kun DEM is a company from England that supplies anti-spirit weapons all over the world, so it has a huge influence.
Apr 18, 9:23 PM
Jan 2017
The title of this episode couldn't be any more appropriate. Shido and his friends get one last moment of peace and quiet before partaking in the biggest fight of their lives. I have to say, even though there is big battle ahead, the episode doesn't deliver this sense of uneasiness and dread. Instead, the show uses the episode to indulge in the comedy and pathos that made so enjoyable in the first place.
Apr 18, 10:27 PM

Oct 2022
This will be interesting to watch unfold.

Apr 19, 6:01 AM
Dec 2020
I have read in redit about the LN and if this are followed the LN well so is my questsen starts the fight before we get the truth about Mana and Shido/Shin.

I mean I have readed that the trtuh are in Volume 17. Is that skiped in the anime or is the fight before?

But the episode was overal good but some bit of rush it feels. I wondering if the studio trying to do the 6 reaming volumes untill 12 episodes and may some ova 13 episodes.
Apr 19, 11:57 AM
May 2021
I really love the ending
Apr 19, 2:36 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Second episode and the fighting is commencing, see the plans are coming into play. The erotic game is kinda cute, you had each girl taking their turn and then you have

machu picchu

It's perfect XD but regardless. Kurumi is still doing her thing, fighting off the DEM waves like she does alongside the covering fire. Feel that DEM's going to have to pull out their ace cards sometime soon, because that fight could quickly get out of hand. Since we know Kurumi has been saving Shido's behind for a while they always have to have a Plan B.
Apr 20, 1:13 AM

Jul 2017
Miyu Tomita's 2nd OP of the series, it feels a lot different this time.

The Spirit girls taking about Shido and Yuzuru fumbling through her answers, though making different onigiri for all their dislikes, Shido's one is the most mysterious of them all. It's safe to say that Tohka feels the closest to Shido, and she needs to assert her position every know and then.

With Ratatoskr and AST working together against DEM's forces, with Isaac and Ellen at the helm with their Bandersnatches and Nibeelcole, this is an all-out war, but what would it be without Kurumi herself invading the airspace.

A hostile battle and onslaught, this will not be a solemn battle fight.
Apr 20, 6:08 AM

Aug 2021
Lets go!
Finally we get to hear the OP
The OP's of DAL are just so uniqe and deep, I cried 😭
Apr 20, 11:55 AM

Oct 2017
Tf was that wordplay they were playing lol.

The OP visuals, it looked like culmination of everything happened so far, the hype is real.

The girls trying to overcome their dislike, cute expressions. Nice Shido x Tohka moment too.

The battle begins, they have home turf advantage even if they are outnumbered by a lot.
Apr 21, 5:51 AM
Feb 2022
I like all these girls equally especially the red and white haired one
Apr 21, 1:20 PM

Mar 2017
"Watashitachi no datou hajimemashou" 🖤❤️
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Apr 22, 8:14 PM

Dec 2009
The OP was clearly spoilery... but i didn't even care. That sequence alone told me everything; we are in for a ride, this is likely the final stretch, and it's gonna hit hard.

Some people never change.

lol
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
May 8, 5:48 PM
Jun 2023
O episódio foi maravilhoso e mim surpreendeu com o início da guerra
May 12, 8:28 AM
Feb 2024
again not a bad ep but the cgi could use some work
May 14, 3:05 AM

Apr 2015
It's gearing up for a spectacular fight. The stakes seem very high this time.
Really like the Opening song and the ending is beautiful!
Jun 5, 4:42 PM
May 2024
Reply to Syureria
Yuzuru, Kaguya, Miku, and Nia are discussing something interesting. They're sharing their experiences of being kissed by Shidou. The kiss is an alternative way to seal the "seirei" powers. I like the scene where Tohka gives onigiri to Kotori. Kotori's reaction is adorable, and it seems like they reluctantly eat Tohka's homemade onigiri. I'm still curious, what's the deal with Shidou's onigiri? Does it contain poison? xD

Tohka meets Shidou because she can't sleep. Here, Tohka asks about Shidou's well-being. Shidou is thinking about how to seal Kurumi's "seirei." I love the moments between Tohka and Shidou; they make a romantic couple. Shidou sleeping in Tohka's lap is definitely a highlight in this episode. They discuss the past, where Tohka expresses deep gratitude to Shidou for sealing her "seirei."

The meeting discusses the DEM, which is considered a skeptical method. The plan aims to protect Shidou. It seems that Wescott has received a message from Nightmare. Wescott has given the order to launch the bandersnatch. The robot appears fragile and easily defeated. Kurumi is really furious here.

The Kurumi clones are incredibly powerful and numerous. Wescott's forces are also confused by the hostile condition of the city. It's an interesting episode, and the battle is becoming more intense.
@Syureria Love this Tohka lap pillow in the episode, the other highlight of this episode for me was them eating the onigiri with toppings they didn't like. Can't believe Kotori has the gene that is bad with cilantro, being a cilantro enjoyer myself.
Jun 6, 5:15 AM
May 2024
Glad to see the girl who responds with "That's lame/gross" as a gag is still doing well. Definitely wanted to have a taste of Tohka's giant onigiri XD Looks like Shido is the X factor in this battle and will need to be sent to the front lines despite Kotori's concerns.
Jun 6, 4:50 PM
May 2024
The scene where Shido talks to Tohka, questioning whether sealing Kurumi would actually "save" her kind of hits hard. Given that Shido now knows Kurumi's motivation being to save her friend, is Shido taking that away truly saving Kurumi? While Tohka does not have an answer to that question, just being there to listen to Shido, and providing comfort (S Tier Lap Pillow) is enough. This exemplifies the point that sometimes all you need to do is be there for a friend or loved one. Overall one of the stronger Shido and Tohka scenes that probably gets overlooked greatly.
Jun 7, 11:17 AM

Jun 2023
Reply to Angry_By_Default
Looks like we are gearing up for an all-out battle between DEM and Ratatoskr, with Ratatoskr being outnumbered but with the advantage of the spirits + Shido as the X factor. Nibelcole vs Kurumi clones going to be filling up the fight though.

@Angry_By_Default First time I heard onigiri fillings being called Jelly-filled donuts lol. Tohka's donut was a big one.
Jun 7, 3:40 PM
May 2024
Kurumi had little screentime here but hey I guess the war starts earlier than I thought, this episode is a little fun before the war.
Jun 7, 3:43 PM
May 2024
So Shido got a gift from all girls in some form, they didn't leave any girl out. The war starts with little bit of harem episode, also Kurumi at the end, was waiting for her appearance the whole episode. This season is gonna be great.
Jun 7, 4:25 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to JBCena
Looks like we are gearing up for an all-out battle between DEM and Ratatoskr, with Ratatoskr being outnumbered but with the advantage of the spirits + Shido as the X factor. Nibelcole vs Kurumi clones going to be filling up the fight though.

@Angry_By_Default First time I heard onigiri fillings being called Jelly-filled donuts lol. Tohka's donut was a big one.
@JBCena its a old meme from pokemon - brock. look it up xD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5

40 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Yesterday, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10

91 by MinaseNagi »»
Yesterday, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29

57 by damdamddamdam »»
Yesterday, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22

55 by Lostz0 »»
Jun 9, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8

93 by hamstertyphoon »»
Jun 9, 1:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.