Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 21, 2023 5:47 AM
Aug 2013
Hi so I want to start watching Fate stay UBW, but i'm confused episode 0 is an hour long movie and episode 1 is an hour long movie. Where the hell is the actual episode 1? can I just skip to episode 2 and watch from there because I really don't want to watch almost 2 hours worth of the anime before I even get up to the 2nd episode

I heard someone say episode 0 and episode 1 are basically 1 hour long specials, so i'm confused can I just skip them? 
~AnimeDownUnder~

Apr 21, 2023 5:57 AM
Nov 2021
pretty sure they’re important to the story and it has some good fight scenes too
Apr 21, 2023 6:04 AM
Feb 2021
AnimeDownUnder said:
Hi so I want to start watching Fate stay UBW, but i'm confused episode 0 is an hour long movie and episode 1 is an hour long movie. Where the hell is the actual episode 1? can I just skip to episode 2 and watch from there because I really don't want to watch almost 2 hours worth of the anime before I even get up to the 2nd episode

I heard someone say episode 0 and episode 1 are basically 1 hour long specials, so i'm confused can I just skip them? 

Episode 0 is listed as separate only here on Mal I think, if you watch in on Netflix or pirate sites it’s just episode 1 I think
Apr 21, 2023 6:06 AM

Jan 2017
AnimeDownUnder said:

Yes and no.

Episode 0 (Prologue) is Episode 1 from the point of view of an important Main character. Definitely good to watch it , but not mandatory.
Episode 1 is 48 minutes long , and is the start of the story. You can skip it if you already watched the 1st Route , since they have the same start , but here it have a way better Animation , so no point in skipping it.

AnimeDownUnder said:
because I really don't want to watch almost 2 hours worth of the anime before I even get up to the 2nd episode

???
It's just 2 double episodes , if you can't endure to watch 2 hours of a story , then what will you do when the series is more than 10 hours long ? (Way more , since there is 3 Routes)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Apr 21, 2023 6:07 AM

Aug 2020
Episode 0 is the prologue, it is episode 1 but from a different charcters perspective. You can skip episode 0 but I wouldn’t as most of the animation is new and includes an extended fight scene which is great. The prologue has its own MAL entry just look at the prequel to this or use the search bar.
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more Dekugo😭
Apr 21, 2023 7:15 AM
Feb 2022
[quote=AnimeDownUnder message=69066081]Hi so I want to start watching Fate stay UBW, but i'm confused episode 0 is an hour long movie and episode 1 is an hour long movie. Where the hell is the actual episode 1? can I just skip to episode 2 and watch from there because I really don't want to watch almost 2 hours worth of the anime before I even get up to the 2nd episode

I heard someone say episode 0 and episode 1 are basically 1 hour long specials, so i'm confused can I just skip them? [/quote
Apr 21, 2023 7:15 AM
Aug 2013
Alexioos95 said:
AnimeDownUnder said:

Yes and no.

Episode 0 (Prologue) is Episode 1 from the point of view of an important Main character. Definitely good to watch it , but not mandatory.
Episode 1 is 48 minutes long , and is the start of the story. You can skip it if you already watched the 1st Route , since they have the same start , but here it have a way better Animation , so no point in skipping it.

AnimeDownUnder said:
because I really don't want to watch almost 2 hours worth of the anime before I even get up to the 2nd episode

???
It's just 2 double episodes , if you can't endure to watch 2 hours of a story , then what will you do when the series is more than 10 hours long ? (Way more , since there is 3 Routes)

Because i'm watching over 100 anime at a single time and I only watch about 1-2 episodes of each anime per day and I can't invest in sitting through an hour at a time I don't even watch movies for this reason I watch anime because it's 20 minute long episodes much easier to sit through but almost 2 hours for 2 episodes is way too much honestly. Maybe when I got nothing else to watch i'll come back to it, i'll pass for now though and watch something else

It may be an ADHD thing too, I can't sit for that long without a break

Or I can skip to episode 2 and start from there since I already seen fate/zero and I guess the story just continues from where fate/zero finishes and fate doesn't have a deep story it's just fight scenes basically with no story so it should be fine
AnimeDownUnderApr 21, 2023 7:19 AM
~AnimeDownUnder~

Apr 21, 2023 7:21 AM
Aug 2013
Sonnyman45 said:
Episode 0 is the prologue, it is episode 1 but from a different charcters perspective. You can skip episode 0 but I wouldn’t as most of the animation is new and includes an extended fight scene which is great. The prologue has its own MAL entry just look at the prequel to this or use the search bar.
I think that is even worse, the same story twice from different perspectives not sure if I could watch the same story twice really. Can I just skip to ep 2 if I have already seen fate/zero and none of the other fate?
~AnimeDownUnder~

Apr 21, 2023 7:34 AM
Feb 2009
Why are you so desperate to skip episodes? Just watch the show the way it was intended starting from episode 0. If you need a break just take one.
Apr 21, 2023 7:34 AM
Jan 2023
I think it's important to see both perspectives. Infact since it's the perspective of two different characters u won't be able to see some of the events when they are at different place at different times. If you hv seen Fate/Zero you know first ep in that also was quite long but important. if you can get through that I'm sure u can get through this. If you hv ADHD maybe watch only one hour long ep. you don't hv force yourself into watching both ep 0 and ep 1 same day. But at the end it's your choice. So do what you wanna do.
Apr 21, 2023 7:36 AM

Jan 2021
AnimeDownUnder said:
Alexioos95 said:

Yes and no.

???

Because i'm watching over 100 anime at a single time and I only watch about 1-2 episodes of each anime per day and I can't invest in sitting through an hour at a time I don't even watch movies for this reason I watch anime because it's 20 minute long episodes much easier to sit through but almost 2 hours for 2 episodes is way too much honestly. Maybe when I got nothing else to watch i'll come back to it, i'll pass for now though and watch something else

Or I can skip to episode 2 and start from there since I already seen fate/zero and I guess the story just continues from where fate/zero finishes and fate doesn't have a deep story it's just fight scenes basically with no story so it should be fine

you can do that 2 episode at a time thing by just watching the 40 min long eps one at a time
i would not reccomend skipping episodes at all, but you can skip episode 0 if you really cant sit through same story twice

and your very wrong with the fate is just fights with no plot statement
salad77Apr 21, 2023 8:53 AM
Read the visual novel nerd
Apr 21, 2023 7:39 AM
Aug 2013
poisson said:
Why are you so desperate to skip episodes? Just watch the show the way it was intended starting from episode 0. If you need a break just take one.

I guess my main question was where do I actually start, because if episode 0 is basically skippable and episode 1 is the same as episode 0 with a different perspective wouldn't that technically make it also skippable if the story is the same and episode 0 is skippable? I'm confused when people say "skip episode 0, but ep 1 is the same and you have to watch ep 1" that makes no sense to me really. If you skip episode 0 then you also skip episode 1. And i'd rather not watch the exact same story in episode 0 and episode 1 from different perspective, because that's a waste of time in my books watching the same story twice kinda a waste of time. 
~AnimeDownUnder~

Apr 21, 2023 7:49 AM
Feb 2009
AnimeDownUnder said:
poisson said:

I guess my main question was where do I actually start, because if episode 0 is basically skippable and episode 1 is the same as episode 0 with a different perspective wouldn't that technically make it also skippable if the story is the same and episode 0 is skippable? I'm confused when people say "skip episode 0, but ep 1 is the same and you have to watch ep 1" that makes no sense to me really. If you skip episode 0 then you also skip episode 1. And i'd rather not watch the exact same story in episode 0 and episode 1 from different perspective, because that's a waste of time in my books watching the same story twice kinda a waste of time. 

In the time it took you to create this topic, read replies, and respond to everyone you could have watched episode 0. Just watch episode 0, there's no reason to skip it.
Apr 21, 2023 8:12 AM

Jan 2017
AnimeDownUnder said:
Or I can skip to episode 2 and start from there since I already seen fate/zero and I guess the story just continues from where fate/zero finishes

A little bit tricky , Fate/Zero is the Prequel to the 3 Routes.
If you watch only 1 Route , the story will have a lot of holes/mysteries not resolved.
Fate is a pretty big franchise , even just the Main Story demands a commitment (Around 30h in Anime format) , and in my opinion , it should be binged.

AnimeDownUnder said:
fate doesn't have a deep story it's just fight scenes basically with no story

The story of Fate never was deep , but the characters and the lore is. (Especially the lore , it's denser than Lord Of The Rings...)

AnimeDownUnder said:
because if episode 0 is basically skippable and episode 1 is the same as episode 0 with a different perspective wouldn't that technically make it also skippable if the story is the same and episode 0 is skippable? I'm confused when people say "skip episode 0, but ep 1 is the same and you have to watch ep 1" that makes no sense to me really. If you skip episode 0 then you also skip episode 1.

Episode 1 is the introduction of the story , it's mandatory.
Episode 0 shows us how Rin summoned her Servant , and happens at the same time as Episode 1. It's not necessary at all , but it's a nice addition with cool scenes.

AnimeDownUnder said:
because that's a waste of time in my books watching the same story twice kinda a waste of time.

Dude , it's Fate.
It have 3 Routes , and each start the same , but ultimately diverge.
You already watched Zero , which spoils almost all mysteries of the 3 Routes , to finally tell the same story with the same themes.
If to you it's a waste of time , just stops there , to be honest. (If you planned to rush the franchise , you should have just watched the 2006 Anime , which adapt the 1st and most complete Route.)
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Apr 21, 2023 8:14 AM
Aug 2013
Alexioos95 said:
AnimeDownUnder said:
Or I can skip to episode 2 and start from there since I already seen fate/zero and I guess the story just continues from where fate/zero finishes

If you watch only 1 Route , the story will have a lot of holes/mysteries not resolved.
Fate is a pretty big franchise , even just the Main Story demands a commitment (Around 30h in Anime format) , and in my opinion , it should be binged.

AnimeDownUnder said:
fate doesn't have a deep story it's just fight scenes basically with no story

The story of Fate never was deep , but the characters and the lore is. (Especially the lore , it's denser than Lord Of The Rings...)

AnimeDownUnder said:
because if episode 0 is basically skippable and episode 1 is the same as episode 0 with a different perspective wouldn't that technically make it also skippable if the story is the same and episode 0 is skippable? I'm confused when people say "skip episode 0, but ep 1 is the same and you have to watch ep 1" that makes no sense to me really. If you skip episode 0 then you also skip episode 1.

Episode 0 shows us how Rin summoned her Servant , and happens at the same time as Episode 1. It's not necessary at all , but it's a nice addition with cool scenes.

AnimeDownUnder said:
because that's a waste of time in my books watching the same story twice kinda a waste of time.

Dude , it's Fate.
You already watched Zero , which spoils almost all mysteries of the 3 Routes , to finally tell the same story with the same themes.
If to you it's a waste of time , just stops there , to be honest.

From my undertanding Fate/zero is the beginning, fate stay ubw is basically part 2 the continuation of fate/zero. So if i've watched fate/zero then i've already basically watched the start
~AnimeDownUnder~

Apr 21, 2023 8:17 AM

Jan 2017
AnimeDownUnder said:
From my undertanding Fate/zero is the beginning, fate stay ubw is basically part 2 the continuation of fate/zero. So if i've watched fate/zero then i've already basically watched the start

Zero is a Prequel , a story happening before the Main one , but that should be watched after.
Watching it first just removes all the mysteries of the 3 Routes , that's all.
It's the start of nothing , neither of the Nasuverse , nor of the Holy Grail Wars...

UBW is indeed Part 2 of Fate tho , with the 2006 Anime being Part 1 & Heaven's Feel Part 3. (There is also Hollow Ataraxia , the 4t Part , but that isn't adapted yet.)
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Apr 21, 2023 8:54 AM

Mar 2018
AnimeDownUnder said:
Alexioos95 said:

Yes and no.

???

I'd recommend you finish some of the other 100+ anime you are watching first I have no idea why you even want to start something new you are clearly just stressing yourself out trying to skip content when there is no reason to
Sometimes you just want to hear anime girls squeak and squeal
Apr 21, 2023 8:54 AM
Jun 2021
AnimeDownUnder said:
Alexioos95 said:

Yes and no.

???

your problem is so oddly specific that i think it actually borders on OCD.

But have you considered watching half an episode, then taking a break?
Apr 21, 2023 9:05 AM
Jun 2021
To clarify what others are saying
Fate stay night story order

fate: zero
(Ten year time gap occurs between stories)
fate: snubw episode 0 or episode 1
fate: snubw season 1
fate: snubw season 2
then the heavens feel movies, which follow an alternate timeline and are a complete different version focusing more on sakura
Apr 21, 2023 10:04 AM

Jan 2021
GreatCarerJack said:

then the heavens feel movies, which follow an alternate timeline and are a complete different version focusing more on sakura

correction
zero is not part of stay night
stay nights story order is
fsn 2006, ubw tv, and hf trilogy
zero comes last as its a spin off and a prequal
Apr 21, 2023 10:20 AM
Feb 2022
it dosent mater just watch what is EP 1
Apr 21, 2023 12:47 PM
Sep 2021
both are important to understand the story
Apr 22, 2023 2:32 AM
Oct 2019
AnimeDownUnder said:
Alexioos95 said:

Dude , it's Fate.
If to you it's a waste of time , just stops there , to be honest.

1. fate zero is the prequel, not the start, fate stay night is the start, 2. episode 1 is important bc itexplains you the main character and his drive you woldn't understand how he got in the situation that he is 3. episode 0 explains you the main side character, her drive and other side characters, it also explains how the mc's situation happened 4. the last episode of s1 is also an hour long, so do you also want to skip that too??? 5. fate zero ep 1 is 50 mins long, that wasn't a problem, but this is??? 6. after ubw is fate heavens feel, which is 3 2 hour long movies, you don't plan to watch that either? 7. why is watching 1 episode for an hour a waste why do you care, what does is matter
Apr 22, 2023 2:43 AM
Aug 2013
Saofanboy123 said:
AnimeDownUnder said:

1. fate zero is the prequel, not the start, fate stay night is the start, 2. episode 1 is important bc itexplains you the main character and his drive  you woldn't understand how he got in the situation that he is 3. episode 0 explains you the main side character, her drive and other side characters, it also explains how the mc's situation happened 4. the last episode of s1 is also an hour long, so do you also want to skip that too??? 5. fate zero ep 1 is 50 mins long, that wasn't a problem, but this is??? 6. after ubw is fate heavens feel, which is 3 2 hour long movies, you don't plan to watch that either? 7. why is watching 1 episode for an hour a waste  why do you care, what does is matter

I disagree, fate zero is the start and fate stay night literally continues from the end of fate zero. I saw the ending of fate zero and at the end you see the little kid who is the main character of fate stay night but he's grown up in fate stay night. So that just goes to show fate zero is the start because the series of events take place before fate stay night. And I have watched some of fate stay night 2006 and dropped it because it was literally that bad. And when I watched fate zero that was probably back when I wasn't watching 100 anime at a time like I am now, I didn't have any other anime to watch back then so I probably had more time to watch that. Unless I skipped the first episode of that too I don't really remember it was so long ago, I probably skipped that too. I guess the main reason it matters is literally the reason I already explained, I usually give an anime the 3 episode rule I aint' investing 2 hours into an anime before it's even the 3rd episode. Because that kinda defeats the purpose of the 3 episode rule the whole point of that rule is to not waste time and to weed out the anime which are either good or bad within 3 episodes so you don't waste time. Plus the other reasons I mentioned I can't sit through an hour long anime without breaks and I definitely don't want to be rewatching the same story twice from different perspectives. It matters as well because I also want to know where do I start the anime because it confused me and I didn't know where to start if episode 0 was meant to be watched it would've been episode 1 and if episode 1 is the same as episode 0 i'm gonna assume it doesn't need to be watched either since it's the same as episode 0 which doesn't need to be watched
~AnimeDownUnder~

Apr 22, 2023 3:13 AM

Jan 2017
AnimeDownUnder said:
I disagree, fate zero is the start and fate stay night literally continues from the end of fate zero. I saw the ending of fate zero and at the end you see the little kid who is the main character of fate stay night but he's grown up in fate stay night. So that just goes to show fate zero is the start because the series of events take place before fate stay night.

Your reasonning is flawed to begin with.

There is absolutely no need to go to the very beginning of a chronology to understand a story.
Worse than that , doing such thing will just ruin all possible mysteries the series tries to establish. (Just watching Zero spoils everything in the 2006 Anime and Heaven's Feel , while leaving only 1 good plot line in Unlimited Blade Works.)
Do you imagine starting Shingeki no Kyojin with the flashback of Season 3 Part 2 ? Wouldn't it not just ruins absolutely all the incomprehension creating the tension there was ?
Back to the Fate franchise , how is Zero the start when it's the 4th Holy Grail War ? (Note that Zero is a fan-fiction on top of that)

AnimeDownUnder said:
I probably skipped that too. I guess the main reason it matters is literally the reason I already explained, I usually give an anime the 3 episode rule I aint' investing 2 hours into an anime before it's even the 3rd episode. Because that kinda defeats the purpose of the 3 episode rule the whole point of that rule is to not waste time and to weed out the anime which are either good or bad within 3 episodes so you don't waste time.

It's simple , Episode 1 is in reality a double episode.
So just watch Episode 1 & 2 , and you have your "3 episode rule".

As said above , Episode 12 is also a double episode , and Heaven's Feel is 3 Movies of 2 hours...
Just don't go deeper into a series that you can't watch.

AnimeDownUnder said:
It matters as well because I also want to know where do I start the anime because it confused me and I didn't know where to start if episode 0 was meant to be watched it would've been episode 1 and if episode 1 is the same as episode 0 i'm gonna assume it doesn't need to be watched either since it's the same as episode 0 which doesn't need to be watched

Edit : I will also answer that.

No , Episode 0 and Episode 1 aren't the same things.
However , they happens at the same time , and ends at the same point.
Episode 1 is the beginning , and needs to be watched.
Episode 0 shows us what was hidden in Episode 1 , and reveals what the second Main character was doing. You don't need to watch it , but it's a nice addition.
I hope now you understand.
Alexioos95Apr 22, 2023 3:21 AM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Apr 23, 2023 8:49 PM
Jun 2021
salad_farded said:
GreatCarerJack said:

correction

Its canon and referenced in ubw AND heavens feel
Apr 23, 2023 8:50 PM

Jan 2021
GreatCarerJack said:
salad_farded said:

correction

Its canon and referenced in ubw AND heavens feel

FSN was written by Kinoko Nasu
Zero was written by Gen urobuchi
a different author wrote it, making it a spin off

its not canon to FSN due to certain inconsistencies but it does tell a 4th holy grail war simillar enough to FSNs 4th war that its somewhat passable.
salad77Apr 23, 2023 9:00 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
May 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.