Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 27, 2022 10:41 PM
Apr 2022
LoliSenpai0x said:
It was a great episode, and they award us Kurumi fans with some good naked kurumi scenes 😌

Do you mean that the calamity that happened in the greatest episode is because of Kurumi fans 😟?

This is the greatest episode of date a live and because of the Kurumi bed scene I can't be proud of it 💔💔

They should have censored that scene or put it in another episode
Jun 28, 2022 11:49 AM

Mar 2014
A lot of things are starting to unwraps but we gotta wait for season 5
Jun 28, 2022 2:36 PM

Aug 2015
Date A Live IV Original Soundtracks available on Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/album/1AcIQKN7D4gKiWvv7hE8Kb?si=mfK5vmyIT5WkaBpNz3byfw&utm_source=copy-link
GO SAKABE IS A ROUSING SONG
Jun 28, 2022 3:49 PM

Nov 2009
"I don't have anything of fair trade"

*takes off her cloth*

GADDD DAMNNN

___ ___ ___

And then we got another clone that came to visit and tell Shido about what happened in previous episodes when they were attacked. Shido killed and everyone went inverse.

Then when Kurumi decide to endlessly go back in time to fix it.

204 times to be exact. And 204 times of Kurumi endlessly using her powers to prevent Shido's death. (BTW, why did none of the Shidos used spirit power to counter... he did a whole bunch of them before... why suddenly unable to now?)

Just when the clone was going to tell Shido about Kurumi's true feelings, she was stopped by the original. And the Original gets scolded by the clone, LOL.

This Multi-Kurumi interactions is always so funny, LOL.

___ ___ ___

That was quite a shock for Kurumi,

Turns out the "Kyubi" was literally with everyone all along... as the voodoo girl... Murasame.

Just as Shido returns back to the ship and tells the other girls about the plans, without knowing their enemy was literally right there listening on the plan.

well... RIP plan I guess...

___ ___ ___

BTW, they said Kurumi's 6th power was sealed and she couldn't send a mind to the past.

Why didn't Kurumi just kiss Shido to recover her power again in the current time? Instead she just kept it sealed... Or does Shido have to be dead in order for her power to be unsealed?

And I guess this is the reason why the original Kurumi killed the Kurumi Clone that fell in love with Shido. (guess there was a good reason to kill the clone... thought the original was just being a bitch...)

___ ___ ___

This series start out with loads of ppls hating Kurumi for being a bitch, and now everyone is Kurumi Fan, LOL
amlgJun 28, 2022 4:03 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 29, 2022 2:35 AM
May 2021
So Spirit of Origin is Reine??!
Jun 29, 2022 3:45 AM
Jun 2020
Kurumi releasing so much emotion is just way too much for me, She's always playful and such a mystery for me and I have a hard time reading her emotion, thou that's why I always like her. My likeness for her rose massively knowing her past, My best girl indeed. looking forward to S5
Jun 29, 2022 6:00 AM

May 2016
Bumped the score to 6 much more enjoyable season and definitely Kurumi is da best girl.

Jun 29, 2022 2:47 PM

Nov 2014
So it was a magical girl show all along?!

That clifhanger hurts. It's safe to assume 1-2 years until S5 so my hype will die, and as with every season I'll get to it with "eh, what was fun about it again?" just to be amazed at the end yet again...
Jul 5, 2022 11:02 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
So Kurumi was Homura all along...hmmm

still, the ripoff wasn't that bad. The fanservice balanced it out for me uwu
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Jul 7, 2022 7:05 PM
Oct 2017
Muku I absolutely love her cant wait for S5
Jul 8, 2022 9:31 PM

Dec 2021
I loved this season, but it ending on one of the most massive cliffhangers I've ever seen made it feel like I was just shot by Zafkiel! That said, Date A Live 5 looks like it's going to be insane from what was just dropped on us.
Jul 10, 2022 11:56 AM

Mar 2012
I'm not gonna lie. I wasn't itching to watch this season. I mean, I picked up DAL a long time ago and I've followed it I through III, but every season has been pretty forgettable, and I didn't expect this season would be very different.

I was pleasantly surprised, however. I wouldn't say this season was amazing or whatever, but it was definitely competent and thoughtful. The pacing was right aside from some occasional filler, it felt like they knew what they needed to convey and took their time, the animations were consistent and fluid, and it finally felt like there was some weight to the drama. They did a good enough job this season I almost want to go read the LN...

Anyway, I'm really glad that, as we're approaching the end stretch, DAL is being adapted with a lot more heart and I'm looking forward to S5.
Jul 10, 2022 10:30 PM

Apr 2016
Reminded me of Endless Eight.
Jul 11, 2022 1:43 AM
Dec 2018
SOO MUCH KURUMIII!!!
Jul 13, 2022 3:30 AM
Mar 2016
ended up with a cliffhanger. can't wait for S5.
Jul 15, 2022 8:01 PM

May 2018
Finished watching all the episodes in this season and I've got to say it felt like they were rushing to get Kurimi's arc into it. I remember the other girls' arcs were a bit longer than this or that could be me.

Either way, I'm glad they gave a lot of coverage for Kurumi's arc since it was definitely the selling point for this season. Looking forward to Season 5. The wait is killing me!
Jul 22, 2022 1:34 AM

Aug 2018
Nice boat..
204 times..
Yeah.. Thought in last episode that Mio looks a lot like Reine.. But it's not clear yet, whether Reine is on Mio's side, or how they related, or same person, or what is there..
Overall, season was quite nice.. Especially enjoyed Nia's arc personally.. The most fun one and most interesting to me personally.. As lots of otaku culture and jokes about that.. Season also went harder on overall story than other seasons, it feels.. We learnt what evil guys want.. Who made Ratatoskr.. What Kurumi is aiming for.. But also as many dots were connected and questions answered.. Others arise.. Mainly about Reine.. We'll see more in the next season, I hope.. And this season was enjoyable both in fun side and interesting one.. ;P
Jul 27, 2022 7:03 AM

Jan 2018
I went into date a live as a whole sadly having the reine/mio/phantom/spirit of origin twist spoiled for me. But thats all i knew, that reine was basically god in that way. But holy hell i did not predict that she would also amount to regardless of her motives, having such evil means. and the final shots really implying that she is actually properly evil. That all to contrast the loving demeaner we have come to know. Words escape me on how well and shocking a reveal i knew was coming can be, on top of such a fantastic episode that answered so many questions.
Kurumis background story
what the spirit of origin was doing
what inverse tohka meant about being the original
why every now and then in prior seasons reine had the spirit eye's white pupil.

All of these insane questions answered in what does not feel like rushed time, and theres more for me to wonder, and it beautifully set up season 5.

GOOD SHIT.
Jul 27, 2022 10:48 AM

Jan 2021
What an amazing finale along with a cliffhanger!! The last 4 eps really took it up a notch and Kurumi turned out to be the MVP!! Also, it was quite a shock to see Shidou actually die in this show, but they skipped through the combined inverse rampage of all the spirits. Hella hyped to see the story continue :)

Jul 31, 2022 9:19 PM
Sep 2016
MegamiRem said:
Ending this season on such a cliffhanger is pure evil. The truth is finally revealed, Kurumi saved Shido all this time. She's such a great girl. Also Reine was phantom all along? Damn. This was a great finale. Need s5 asap, hopefully we'll get an announcement soon.

I thought it was too much of a cliffhanger. like, it didn't feel like the end of a season. I wish they at least had the credits role during the final scene or something like that to tell my brain to not expect another episode next week, you know?
Aug 5, 2022 3:28 PM

Sep 2017
Well that was...something
The opening song of this season felt different than others, at first it felt weird and bad but then it sat with me and actually sounded nice. It's like it was an improvement and downgrade at the same time
I'm satisfied with the character development of Kurumi but the getting naked scene was pretty tense, and felt like an unnecessary fan-service to me
What else is there to say? Good season overall. Looking forward to next one, although I'd appreciate if they go back to their original art style of season 1-3
خ
Aug 5, 2022 3:30 PM

Sep 2017
But why didn't Kurumi invert at the sight of Shido decapitated while others went berserk? I'm still curious
خ
Aug 14, 2022 2:01 PM
Oct 2020
Loved the tension used in this episode and how they made Kurumi seem like more of a human than a spirit
Aug 26, 2022 4:10 PM
Dec 2020
was not expecting the origian spirit to be her DAAAAM
Aug 27, 2022 1:06 PM
Nov 2020
The best episode by far for the whole season and with such a cliffhanger...
Aug 29, 2022 10:49 AM

Jun 2013
It seems like the story is slowly coming together and making more sense. But I also feel like there were some issues with the pacing this season.

Kurumi's character was developed quite nicely and her backstory makes sense of her actions. The amount of effort she made to keep Shido alive is what redeems her character from her past actions. However, I feel like only the DEM and Kurumi are taking things very seriously while Shido and his gang are still acting carefree and laid-back despite the threats. Not sure if it's meant to be this way to retain the comical element but I really hope they mature in Season 5 considering their situation.
Sep 22, 2022 9:26 AM
Feb 2022
this is so good anime oh ah
Sep 23, 2022 12:09 PM
Aug 2020
goooooooooooooooooooood
Oct 9, 2022 7:16 AM
May 2015
The only thing that thrown me off was the CGI fight scenes. The 3D was too obvious.

But story-wise, it's good but not hitting it there yet. Hopefully it gets better the next.

Best girls this season is becoming tough to choose from TT
Oct 13, 2022 12:53 PM

Apr 2015
Another good DAL season with a 5th season already being made is nice. All the reveals was a good way to do it, and a nice shot of Kurumi's bare ass was a nice addition.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Oct 16, 2022 9:23 PM

Nov 2017
it's been long since the last time I watched this series, and tbh got confuse with a lot of stuff in the first couple episodes...then Kurumi arc started and got my hype up! thankfully there's a season 5!
Oct 21, 2022 9:13 PM
Jan 2022
can't wait for season 5
Nov 3, 2022 8:10 AM

Mar 2013
Dark, so dark, deep dark?!

Wow, Kurumi went up to be my best girl (well, she was always been the one I like the most).

Murasame-sensei pulling the strings all this time? What's her end goal? ヾ⁠(⁠*⁠’⁠O⁠’⁠*⁠)⁠/ (she's probably the best woman when compared to Tama-chan).

Now we really need a sequel and fast! CGI was okay here and there but it was mostly enjoyable.

P.S. All of Kurumi's 'black' are gorgeously sexy and lovely. [✓OwO✓]
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 7, 2022 4:33 AM

Nov 2016
same old business, leading up to the ending here, turned into an awesome surprise. little did anyone expect this series getting something serious
wonder why they didnt try anything this deep in the earlier seasons (cmiiw)
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Nov 11, 2022 10:47 PM

May 2014
FONZACUS said:
same old business, leading up to the ending here, turned into an awesome surprise. little did anyone expect this series getting something serious
wonder why they didnt try anything this deep in the earlier seasons (cmiiw)

It's literally following the LN that's why. The first set of volume is pretty much a build up and getting all the spirits to comply, now as for the rest of the story is pretty much battle after battles.
Nov 12, 2022 4:56 AM

Oct 2021
I suspected it was Reine based from the hair color and voice from the previous episode.
Nov 14, 2022 11:51 PM

Aug 2017
Banger of a finale. Better season than I expected, and I see now why the rating is quite high. Kurumi is the queen, so much better than all the other girls. She should win the harem. Kissing her 200 times, lucky boy Shidou.

Are there any games for this in English?

Beciu said:
The best episode by far for the whole season and with such a cliffhanger...

Other than the Kurumi wedding OVA it's the best DAL episode I can recall
CarbonMDNov 15, 2022 12:01 AM
Nov 21, 2022 3:49 PM
Nov 2022
Best episode ever
Nov 22, 2022 11:03 AM

Jan 2021
Loved this season. Date a Live V cannot wait!
Nov 29, 2022 6:38 AM
Jun 2015
Excited for newest season to get answers about Reine - Who seems to appear cloned?
Dec 7, 2022 6:51 AM
Dec 2022
qweqwqweqweweqweqwe
Dec 28, 2022 6:55 AM

Dec 2012
Kurumi undressing.
Give him her everything?
Oh shit! The bra and pantsu!
Dat booty.
Nibeelcole appear.
Dat booty.
Ike and Ellen and Artemisia.
With Nibeelcole.
2nd best Kurumi is back? Nice.

And that was the end of my My Little Shido run after 6 years of no DAL. What an ending. LMAO I got it right. I knew all the way back in DAL III when I first saw the Spirit of Origin, that it was Reine (I explained in detail in episode 9 thread). I understand why Elliot said he fell in love with the Spirt of Origin at first sight. Under the old art style, I too fell for Reine, especially with her large oppai. That emotionless face with bags under her eyes is attractive as fock. We had Shido going back in time to save Origami, now we have Kurumi going back in time to save Shido. 2nd best Kurumi design returns in all her glory. Ending this with Kurumi-ception with Kurumi talking to Kurumi is perfect. How can you not get a boner from hearing her talk to herself? Then seeing 2nd best Kurumi with Kurumi and the clones with the guns up and shooting got me excited. If Kurumi offered me coitus, would I have been able to reject that Nightmare inducing pussy... cat? Let's just say I'm going to sleep immediately and Freddy Krueger ain't got nothing on Kurumi.

With that said... the best thing that happened this season was Mukuro. Perfection. She saved the season because I was worried that I wouldn't get a screenshots this season. I've already made every complaint I could make about this season in the previous episodes. This is the 1st time I've complained so much so its telling that I didn't like the direction they went with. That goes for art style, sweet ARMS performing the ED theme instead of the OP, no OP narration, inconsistent fanservice (DAL needs to air at 1 AM instead 9:30 and 10:00 PM), focking ugly ass CG during fights and on characters when past seasons were 2D, etc. All of the things that made DAL... DAL... weren't DAL this season. DAL II had Mana chopping off Kurumi's head with blood coming out and no shadow. There was shadow here when Shido got his head chopped. And I'm talking about the BD. In DAL III, I said Natsumi was my least like Spirit because she was a sore loser and she dragged her arc out, but I thought her witch powers were cool. She won me over since then so she's no longer my least liked Spirit (I like them all, btw).

Anyway, IV ends on volume 16. DAL has 22 volumes. So V either covers 17-19 or 20. If it covers to 20, then I assume it will end with a DAL movie. At this point, I'll just wait and binge the rest. Might rewatch the series first when the story is finish since it will most likely be 2 years when I come back. Only concern is that I'll get pissed off again going from III to IV.
RobDec 29, 2022 7:53 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 8, 2023 3:41 PM
Dec 2018
Watched it awhile back, forgot the plot. Might have to binge this along with season 1-3 once the next season comes!
Jan 8, 2023 6:26 PM

Nov 2010
Ike wasn't joking when he said he wanted Shidou's head on a platter.
I want to see Kurumi's inverse form. If there's one.
I remember why Kurumi was always in my top 5 waifus of all time!
Interesting turn of events. Looking forward to season 5! 8/10
Jan 26, 2023 3:29 PM

Mar 2013

That's a big reveal at the end
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jan 29, 2023 9:17 AM
Apr 2021
great improvement especially in drawings
Feb 8, 2023 3:15 AM

Apr 2013
Tbh I already forgot who Phantom is, but I guess Reine being her is a big thing? Don't remember lol

Season was pretty meh until Kurumi appeared, she made it a bit more entertaining at least. 4/10
Feb 18, 2023 3:27 PM
Dec 2022
Perfect anime.Im waiting for another season.
Mar 8, 2023 1:39 AM
Oct 2021
I can't wait for season 5
Jun 25, 2023 8:16 AM
Jul 2021
Normal just like other Episode
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Date A Live IV opening

blood898pt - Apr 6, 2022

34 by yungneutron »»
May 6, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

52 by Banana1233441 »»
Apr 28, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Giorgosman13 - Apr 8, 2022

122 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 24, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

5 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 21, 12:36 AM

Poll: » Do you think Shido actually loves the girls in his harem?

Lost_Hearts - Feb 5

8 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 1:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.