Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2022 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
After getting to know more about Kurumi and her past in this arc, I do feel bad for her.

This arc has definitely been the most intense imo and Kurumi herself experienced all sorts of emotions, especially when confronting her past. Then, there's also Shido who still stood by her side. Felt like this was the best arc in the franchise in awhile.

Bring on Season 5.
Jun 24, 2022 6:28 AM

Jul 2017
Kurumi's history with Mio Takamiya a.k.a the Spirit of Origin / First Spirit that tormented her life into being the dangerous Spirit she is today, she wants to erase the fact that Sawa's death wasn't deserved and her forcing to become a Spirit to save her, everything hinges on Shido and his willingness, everything, except her Spirit power Zaphkiel.

The Worst Spirit Kurumi giving the only thing that's worth her life: her virginity to Shido, but of course, with Westcott's Beezlebub Spirit they only attempt to do killings, which Kurumi's 7th Bullet Zayin does the trick to stall their time and movement, but in the process, sapping more of her power and humanity away. This is something that D.E.M certainly hasn't accounted for, and to have a clone pass on the message to the already-dead Shido (if the date plan hadn't gone as observed with D.E.M's interference to kill Shido, and wreak havoc upon the world with the Inverse Spirits and not being able to revive him with Dalet).

Kurumi's 6th Bullet Vav, we're seeing for the second time since Season 1 (mentioned briefly) when Shido sealed Kurumi's powers to save Kotori, and this power reversed back to Kurumi just in time to reverse time back to the past and save Shido. Her clones doing all of the background work while in preparation for a day like this after Shido being killed and revived 204 times, that must've been some work done.

Kurumi seeking a resolution with her clone, while not having much energy to fight, and the appearance of the Phantom (which turned out to be Reina Murasame), the pieces are falling into place: Reine secretly playing a cat-and-dog chase with Shido and the Spirits, while Shido bolds his resolve to save Kurumi.

A very ominous cliffhanger that leads to Season 5...and since it is already in production, just hoping that whatever the staff team is doing to DAL's adaptation, this is going back to form of how I remembered it to be.

The question is when will we get Season 5 to finish adapting the entire LN.
KANLen09Jun 24, 2022 7:02 AM
Jun 24, 2022 6:57 AM

May 2020
Bruh like watching Kurumi removing all her clothes and asking Shido to take the treat had me jump off my chair for an instant lol. Though that was the sole easy-to-go part of this whole episode, again Kurumi explaining the past events even dating back to that Kotori's fight in first season, made it all clear how much she was involved in pretty much everything for this whole time. Damn, best girl for a reason.

Leaving things off like that.... good thing fifth season is already on the way. Maybe the only season I liked after that very first one, or atleast this arc made this season look more better.
Softhenic03Jun 24, 2022 7:24 AM
Jun 24, 2022 7:00 AM

Sep 2021
That was a big cliffhanger, at least season 5 is already in production and after the end of this one obviously i will watch that one, looking forward to it.
It really was reine all along i mean the hair color was kinda a historia but it seems it really was her, know i want to know why did she make all that to kurumi.
This season become my favourite of date a live 9/10
Jun 24, 2022 7:04 AM
Mar 2021
I had some expectations for this episode but it still has blown my mind.
Looking forward to season 5 and I'm really hyped
Jun 24, 2022 7:04 AM

Feb 2019
Holy shit I wasn’t expecting to see shido decaptitated without censorship. This was a really brutal finale emotionally and physically.

I’m definitely starting to understand why people like Kurumi now. This arc has done a really good job of giving some much needed backstory and development to her character. Loved seeing how bashful she was when her clone told shido how she feels

Nice cliffhanger to leave off on leading up to season 5. Really happy with the job the studio did with this. Looks like DAL finally has a happy home who are committed to the story. Excited for what comes next.
Jun 24, 2022 7:07 AM

Feb 2019
Softhenic03 said:
Bruh like watching Kurumi removing all her clothes and asking Shido to take the treat had me jump off my chair for an instant lol. Though that was the sole easy-to-go part of this whole episode, again Kurumi explaining the past events even dating back to that Kotori's fight in first season, made it all clear how much she was involved in pretty much everything for this whole time. Damn, best girl for a reason.

Leaving things off like that.... good thing fifth season is already on the way. Maybe the only season I liked after that very first one, or atleast this arc made this season look more better.

And what the fuck, spirit of origin is Reine??

The spirit of origin is mio we literally saw her last week…
Jun 24, 2022 7:15 AM

Jun 2015
Totally wrecked me. Shido put in the position he has been. Epic story.

This is also why American comics and film franchises are dying. The people writing the stories have no concept or creativity. #animetellsgoodstoriesfucktheusa ;)

To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 24, 2022 7:15 AM

Dec 2020
Now we know a lot more about Kurumi and her clones that a kiss helped Kurumi to bring Shido back to life.

Nice Season 5 in Production.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 24, 2022 7:17 AM

May 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Softhenic03 said:

My bad, I mixed up between that luminous creature and spirit of origin.
Jun 24, 2022 7:19 AM

Oct 2017
Ending this season on such a cliffhanger is pure evil. The truth is finally revealed, Kurumi saved Shido all this time. She's such a great girl. Also Reine was phantom all along? Damn. This was a great finale. Need s5 asap, hopefully we'll get an announcement soon.
Jun 24, 2022 7:20 AM
Oct 2020
I loved seeing how Kurumi was heavily involved in the plot even from season 1, no wonder she is my favourite character.

I really enjoyed this season and can't wait for season 5
Jun 24, 2022 7:21 AM
Oct 2020
MegamiRem said:
Ending this season on such a cliffhanger is pure evil. The truth is finally revealed, Kurumi saved Shido all this time. She's such a great girl. Also Reine was phantom all along? Damn. This was a great finale. Need s5 asap, hopefully we'll get an announcement soon.

we got an announcement at the end of the episode :)
Jun 24, 2022 7:25 AM

Oct 2017
Nougxt said:
MegamiRem said:

we got an announcement at the end of the episode :)
Sorry should have clarified it better, I meant the date.
Jun 24, 2022 7:28 AM

Jan 2019
Can't wait for season 5!
Jun 24, 2022 7:31 AM
Dec 2021
Some stuff revealed, and season 5 announced!!!!!
Jun 24, 2022 7:32 AM
Apr 2020
Season 5 should come in really quick.
Jun 24, 2022 7:35 AM

Sep 2019
What a thrilling conclusion!!! Even though there was foreshadowing, I didn't expect Reine to be the Phantom. Thanks to her arc, Kurumi has now surpassed Kotori as my second favorite DAL girl, with Tohka remaining my favorite.
Jun 24, 2022 7:37 AM
Dec 2021
Mio Takiyama was reine all along
Jun 24, 2022 7:37 AM
Jun 2016
GEEKTOYS the unknown savior that we need all this time to do justice for DAL
Jun 24, 2022 7:44 AM

Aug 2020
NGL, I really hope to see the Yamai sisters' inverse forms but oh well, it didn't happen.
I hope we will get the rest of the spirit's inverse design in some unknown upcoming art book, who knows?
DILF characters need more appreciation
Hot boys which are not Bishies also welcome
Jun 24, 2022 7:45 AM
Jun 2022
Shido died 204 times was a certified Re:Zero moment. Overall this last ep was generally good, excited for the new season as usual but this time the show will get more serious than ever and im ready for it!
Jun 24, 2022 7:49 AM
Oct 2021
Heyy! Can I know Date a Live Movies are Canon or its just Recap movies.?
Jun 24, 2022 7:58 AM

Feb 2020
Dang that was one hell of a cliffhanger lmao, let's hope the fifth season will come soon enough. 7/10 for this season, animation was good but the cgi was definitely not it. Kurumi arc was pretty good and nia was a cool character. Not a big fan of mukuro though
jsookaJun 24, 2022 8:01 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2022 7:58 AM

Jan 2015
Holy. Shit.
This the best episode ever. I’m at loss of words. Reine being phantom? Phantom was the Spirit of Origin right? These last episodes oh my god. And on a cliffhanger too?!

GIVE ME SEASON 5 NOWWWWW I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.
All hail Kurumi.
Jun 24, 2022 8:06 AM
May 2022
Best season, the story is now really interesting. New art style is amazing, good animations, cgi smart and well used. Kurumi arc = Peak
Jun 24, 2022 8:07 AM

May 2020
KAWASHITA YA!!!
KUSOKO!!
WASURENAI YO ME!!!
WO TOJI TASHIKAMERU!!!
OSHIYOSE!!!
TA YAMI!!
FURIHARATTE SUSUMO YO!!!

Anyways,
Shido had a glimpse of greatness at the start there.
IM ENVIOUS!!!

& yeah!!!
Using her Time Shield,
She prevented everyone from becoming witches.

& to think Kyuubey was with them all along.

HER TSUNDERE & HONEST SIDE ARE SO CUTE!!!

This episode is my profile pic in a nutshell!!!

CANT WAIT FOR NEXT SEASON!!!
Hitagi__FurudeJun 24, 2022 8:11 AM
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jun 24, 2022 8:32 AM
Nov 2019
It ended well
By episode 8 I was losing hope from his season..

But wow what a end!!! Yes I am glad that their adapting the last volumes from the light novel!!!

And I like how they finally revealed who phantom was reine murasame haha

Of course I know what happens cause of the light novel
But seeing it is different of course!!

Next season mío takayami will reveal her self
Big fight with DEM industries

And finally the sad part with tohka which I won’t spoil for people…
Jun 24, 2022 8:39 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Definitely was the best arc when it comes to Kurumi and her development, of course I'm starting to like her more and more so seeing her past + explanations was good for sure, I can't wait to see what will happen in the 5th season.
Jun 24, 2022 8:42 AM
Apr 2022
What can I say except...MASTERPIECE! I'm so hyped for 5th season!
Jun 24, 2022 8:46 AM
Nov 2019
Xenocrisi said:
Holy. Shit.
This the best episode ever. I’m at loss of words. Reine being phantom? Phantom was the Spirit of Origin right? These last episodes oh my god. And on a cliffhanger too?!

GIVE ME SEASON 5 NOWWWWW I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.
All hail Kurumi.

Yes and no

You could say

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
-DxP-Jun 24, 2022 9:23 AM
Jun 24, 2022 8:47 AM

Jun 2021
How many more times will this girl make me fall in love with her over and over again? She redid Shido's death 204 times instead of devouring him without his permission, bless my girl...
Kurumi Tokisaki > your favourite waifu
Jun 24, 2022 8:57 AM
Jun 2021
Hitagi__Furude said:
KAWASHITA YA!!!
KUSOKO!!
WASURENAI YO ME!!!
WO TOJI TASHIKAMERU!!!
OSHIYOSE!!!
TA YAMI!!
FURIHARATTE SUSUMO YO!!!

Anyways,
Shido had a glimpse of greatness at the start there.
IM ENVIOUS!!!

& yeah!!!
Using her Time Shield,
She prevented everyone from becoming witches.

& to think Kyuubey was with them all along.

HER TSUNDERE & HONEST SIDE ARE SO CUTE!!!

This episode is my profile pic in a nutshell!!!

CANT WAIT FOR NEXT SEASON!!!

Ore mo, shinjirarenai desu wa.

There will be a 5th 😱😆
Jun 24, 2022 8:59 AM

Mar 2018
I love Kurumi, and it was definitely worth having multiple episodes showcasing her. I love how she see's herself as the villain (rightfully so), but still has noble reasons for continuing to wreak havoc.

Big twist at the end, who knew they had an insider working with them.

S5? Well, this season was better than s3 so I'm hopeful.
Jun 24, 2022 9:11 AM
Jan 2020
Peak Date A Live Season. Also, I'm surprised this shit actually got this brutal tbh.

Now, could we revive AIC to make S5 again?
Jun 24, 2022 9:12 AM

May 2016
It was a great episode, and they award us Kurumi fans with some good naked kurumi scenes 😌
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2022 9:17 AM

Nov 2016
Season really picked up towards the end and I'm glad the 5th one was announced right off the bat after such a cliffhanger xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 24, 2022 9:18 AM
Dec 2021
Fantastic episode and anime!!!! I am waiting for season 5 eagerly.
Jun 24, 2022 9:20 AM

May 2021
THIS IS F*KING AWESOME!!! the new animation... i have nothing to say to it, it was perfectly done, those some scene are bad but ITS GOOD!!!

and also kurumi cute side of her in the end is so 😍✨👌👌. also cant ignore the fact that the phantom is there also!!! what a big plot twist, but why put us all in a interesting massive cliff hanger wth man! i just hope for the season 5, they dont change animators, lets just keep it as season 4 as it is.
Jun 24, 2022 9:29 AM

Apr 2021
damn this show was pretty good enough until we got season 5 has been announced
よろしくね!
Jun 24, 2022 9:44 AM

Feb 2016
I didn't like any of the drama or action this season. Only the lighthearted episodes were good.
その目だれの目?
Jun 24, 2022 9:55 AM

May 2021
These last few episodes gave me nearly all of what I wanted. Glad S5's already confirmed.

Jun 24, 2022 10:11 AM
Dec 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Softhenic03 said:

Yea I guesed she was looking like Reine-san but I thought to myself that she just happened to look like her Why Reine-san will be the spirit of origin if she's playing a major role in saving Spirits it just didn't fit right..... then this episode blewed my mind definately a 10/10 episode for me looking forward to the upcoming season hope it won't be last one :(
Jun 24, 2022 10:15 AM
Dec 2021
_cybersadist_ said:
How many more times will this girl make me fall in love with her over and over again? She redid Shido's death 204 times instead of devouring him without his permission, bless my girl...

Fax!!
(15. character limit)
Jun 24, 2022 10:16 AM

Jun 2021
_Mehraan_ said:
_cybersadist_ said:

Fax!!
(15. character limit)

Wow we have 4 fav characters in common
Jun 24, 2022 10:18 AM
Dec 2021
_cybersadist_ said:
_Mehraan_ said:

Fax!!
(15. character limit)

Great.. :) To make this night more memorable I'll watch the hour long finale of Kaguya sama Ultra romantic... Mann this day couldn't get any better Two GOATs ending tonight.!
Jun 24, 2022 10:21 AM

Jun 2021
_Mehraan_ said:
_cybersadist_ said:

Great.. :) To make this night more memorable I'll watch the hour long finale of Kaguya sama Ultra romantic... Mann this day couldn't get any better Two GOATs ending tonight.!

Yes Kaguya sama's ep is what I'm the most excited for...even though I've already read it I can't help it, it is just that goated
Jun 24, 2022 10:39 AM
Oct 2018
1 eps 2 plot twists

kurumi is mvp man!
Jun 24, 2022 10:44 AM

May 2020
damn that was a perfect final episode

the 2 plot twits were really good

cant wait for s5 to start

Jun 24, 2022 10:49 AM

Jun 2021
We did it bois. Date A Live V is confirmed. Road to full adaptation let's f***ing go!

This season, they stopped with the spirits getting naked upon being sealed by Shido but having Kurumi take it all off for Shido more than made up for it. This should have led to seggs.

Earlier, when Nia was talking about Kurumi wanting to kill the original spirit, the camera angles were suspiciously focusing on Reine. Now we know why.

See y'all on season 5.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Date A Live IV opening

blood898pt - Apr 6, 2022

34 by yungneutron »»
May 6, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

52 by Banana1233441 »»
Apr 28, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Giorgosman13 - Apr 8, 2022

122 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 24, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

5 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 21, 12:36 AM

Poll: » Do you think Shido actually loves the girls in his harem?

Lost_Hearts - Feb 5

8 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 1:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.