Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2022 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, the actual day for Valentine is here. It's also about time Kurumi got serious again since the beginning of this arc.

Even though this episode had Kurumi tease Shido again, she also showed a more vulnerable side too. One of the more interesting episodes this season if you ask me.
Jun 17, 2022 6:55 AM

Jul 2017
The last episode with all the Spirit girls' efforts culminate into one: the actual Valentine's Day. Origami's 3D printed chocolate...well that was a mark of a work, while Shido earns the ire of all the hopeless boys in his class for the same trio of girls to give obligatory chocolate.

Shido's even so sure he could secure Kurumi on his Valentine's date with her, what snively confidence, all I can say is: "Ganbatte Shido, make sure your plan goes flawlessly." To have Valentine's and White Day together, a sneaky plan together.

The topic on the Spirit of Origin, and Kurumi turning into her Ragnarok form definitely looks ominous. The simple story of a girl whose love for cats, the relationship with her dear friend Sawa (Yamauchi), and the scene of her meeting Mio Takamiya: the First Spirit who despises Spirits and bestowing Sephirah to Kurumi, turning her into a Spirit to aid her in her quest as an ally, a hero of justice. But alas, what Mio lured her down in this Spirit path is one where Sawa is used for her own gain, almost turning Kurumi into her Inverse form.

Mio definitely is Kurumi's enemy to defeat, and that's a goal bestowed enough to turn her into the dangerous Spirit whom she is today.

With this 2nd last episode, I'd not be surprised if the story left untold is left to the Final Season a.k.a Season 5, announcing next week to finish adapting the last bits of the LN.
Jun 17, 2022 7:00 AM

Feb 2019
Ngl, until Kurumi shot those four cameras, I had never questioned how the ship was watching them, I had chalked it up to anime stuff.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jun 17, 2022 7:03 AM

Sep 2009
Hesmiyu said:
Ngl, until Kurumi shot those four cameras, I had never questioned how the ship was watching them, I had chalked it up to anime stuff.

dude they had that explained in the first season.
Jun 17, 2022 7:11 AM

Jun 2020
komic said:
Hesmiyu said:

dude they had that explained in the first season.

Which is almost 10 years ago. I don't blame anyone for not remembering that. Even if you were to have watched it more recently, it is still something that might not stick in one's memory as much.

『歌』
◁  ❚❚  ▷
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Jun 17, 2022 7:17 AM

Jul 2021
Felt bad for Kurumi when Sawa died, and just remembering what happened in Date A Bullet, well that´s for sure showed us that Kurumi went through a lot in the life

I can´t wait to te next episode to show us more about it

This Arc is BLESSED
Jun 17, 2022 7:28 AM

Jan 2015
Oof Mio is an asshole. Making Kurumi kill other people without her knowing. Feel bad for her. I can see her hatred towards the spirit of origin, although it still doesn’t justify her killing sprees in season 1.
So, I’m guessing she’s after Shido’s powers so she can kill Mio. Still have some poor understanding on the spirits inversing. Tohka doesn’t look like those monsters at all when inversed.
Jun 17, 2022 7:33 AM

May 2020
So she met Kyuubey & made a contract & gives her her own soul gem.
She gains powers from it & gets her the Time Shield.

After killing lots of witches, she inadvertedly killed Madoka her bestfriend.

Somehow prevented becoming a Witch by using Dalet on herself.

I love the fact that she references her Date A Bullet self in the episode.

Nightmare session is finally used as an OST finally.

She somehow ties her hair when she is in her magical girl form when in the present she didnt.

Finally, ive been looking for Eyepatch Kurumi & she appears.

In other words, this episode is basically my profile picture.

LOVED IT!!!
Hitagi__FurudeJun 17, 2022 7:42 AM
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jun 17, 2022 7:51 AM
Nov 2019
Well know the people who haven’t read the light novel know
About where spirits came from and who the original is
About time they showed mío takayami!
Such a shame it’s a 12 episode season….. should of had 20 episodes to end the series on a good note!

It just felt rushed… :/

I doubt we will get a season 5….
At most they might make a 2 hour movie with the ending…
Of the light novel…

With out spoiling it for people many things happen

Let’s just say it’s sad what happens to Tohka….
Jun 17, 2022 8:01 AM
Mar 2021
Probably the greatest episode so far.
But why do I feel that the spirit of origin is 
Jun 17, 2022 8:02 AM

Sep 2021
GressMek said:
Probably the greatest episode so far.
But why do I feel that the spirit of origin is 

I think the same, maybe because the hair color and how she feels similar
Jun 17, 2022 8:18 AM

Apr 2014
That chocolate lmao... Origami's chocolate was a masterpiece.
Shido went on a date with Kurumi and the first place they visited was a lingerie store. What a chad!

I want you to make a contract with me and be a magical girl. I really feel bad for Kurumi and Sawa for everything that happened in the past. No wonder why Kurumi wants to kill Mio.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 17, 2022 8:51 AM
May 2022
Kurumi goddess thanks for carrying date a live
Jun 17, 2022 9:00 AM

Apr 2021
It really can't be helped why Kurumi became what she is now due to her past. I hope the sequel won't be a long wait like the S3 to S4

Jun 17, 2022 9:02 AM

May 2020
I expected more from Kurumi's backstory tbh

Jun 17, 2022 9:04 AM

May 2021
Well, that sets up her motivations. Can't figure out why she would want to be a hero of justice though.

Jun 17, 2022 9:06 AM

Oct 2017
Origami really gave him that figurine chocolate of her, what a girl.

The truth is finally out and it's a harsh one. Everything makes sense now.
Jun 17, 2022 9:15 AM
Jun 2021
Hitagi__Furude said:
So she met Kyuubey & made a contract & gives her her own soul gem.
She gains powers from it & gets her the Time Shield.

After killing lots of witches, she inadvertedly killed Madoka her bestfriend.

Somehow prevented becoming a Witch by using Dalet on herself.

I love the fact that she references her Date A Bullet self in the episode.

Nightmare session is finally used as an OST finally.

She somehow ties her hair when she is in her magical girl form when in the present she didnt.

Finally, ive been looking for Eyepatch Kurumi & she appears.

In other words, this episode is basically my profile picture.

LOVED IT!!!

Ara ara Hitagi-san, VERY MUCH Ara Ara in this episode. Finally I can see the true appearance of his Origin Spirit as well. And of course, Kurumi's underwear.
Jun 17, 2022 9:15 AM

May 2020
If only Date A Live was always this good, i kinda feel thankful to myself for not dropping this series halfway after the second season.

Waited long enough, but finally Kurumi's backstory was worth the wait. Though it had those shades of Madoka Magica lol. Also please best girl kill this silver haired witch real quick now.
Jun 17, 2022 9:31 AM

Dec 2020
So we got finally a backstory of kurumi how she got her spirit powers and also that mia spirit of origin.
As ever kurumi the mvp this episode.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 17, 2022 9:41 AM
Nov 2016
Let's hope for best and make it to season 5
Jun 17, 2022 10:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol their date was cute for sure with all of what they did (even the underwear part xD) but Kurumi's backstory is sure heavy even though it was somewhat short but with Mio's turning her into a spirit killing her friend etc she sure suffered compared to how normal her life was before that :/
Jun 17, 2022 10:14 AM
Jul 2019
Ayo bro are you guys thinking what I'm thinking
Jun 17, 2022 10:45 AM

Jun 2021
Xenocrisi said:
Oof Mio is an asshole. Making Kurumi kill other people without her knowing. Feel bad for her. I can see her hatred towards the spirit of origin, although it still doesn’t justify her killing sprees in season 1.
So, I’m guessing she’s after Shido’s powers so she can kill Mio. Still have some poor understanding on the spirits inversing. Tohka doesn’t look like those monsters at all when inversed.

Those are different things,the monsters were berserk humans who aren't compatible for Sephirah... inversion of spirits are a total different thing,Kurumi was about to undergo inversion when she saw Sawa dead but prevented it by using her powers.
Jun 17, 2022 11:02 AM

Feb 2019
Only took 4 seasons but finally Kurumi gets fleshed out and I actually kinda like her now with the development she got today. No wonder she wants to destroy shit so bad. Her character arc kinda reminds me of Homura where the constant time looping and emotional trauma just completely changed her personality making her what we see now.

Mio being the spirit of origin is a massive wtf too. Hiding in plain site this whole time
Jun 17, 2022 11:24 AM

Jun 2015
Kurumi has always been my fav, and that cheeky shout out to the special I liked. But damn, Kurumi revealing why she is Kurumi. That hit hard. I wonder what Shido will do about this new understanding. Hashtag SaveKurumi !!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 17, 2022 12:05 PM
Mar 2022
Can someone explain to me how sephira gems work I didn't understand it very well , please ?
Jun 17, 2022 12:41 PM
Feb 2019
Anyone realised the "spirits" that kurumi killed are failed versions of the spirits we have now? First the ice one that attacked Kurumi, Yoshino. 2nd not quite sure but maybe looking at the light based attacks, Miku?? 3rd with the wind blades, Yamai sisters. 4th, the wizard guy with a key, Mukuro. Last one, where Sawa was turned into a flame monster, Kotori. Just a pretty cool observation I noticed during the episode. Overall one of the best episodes of DAL so far.
Jun 17, 2022 1:51 PM

Jun 2021
Amazing episode! 10/10

Only one left :( im sad, hope we will get Season 5 soon!
Jun 17, 2022 1:53 PM
Oct 2020
Houp2me said:
Can someone explain to me how sephira gems work I didn't understand it very well , please ?

Essentially,

Mio takes a sephira crystal which is a fraction of her powers and is not compatible with humans at first. She gives humans the crystals, causing them to go berserk, but once they are killed off, she retrieves the gems which are more purified and compatible with humans. Think of it as a water filtration system cleaning out dirty water, but using humans to clean it out.
Jun 17, 2022 2:49 PM

Dec 2014
wait, so where does loli (younger) Kurumi come from? the one from where Shido travels to the past?
Jun 17, 2022 3:04 PM
Mar 2022
Dall-kun said:
Houp2me said:

Essentially,

Mio takes a sephira crystal which is a fraction of her powers and is not compatible with humans at first. She gives humans the crystals, causing them to go berserk, but once they are killed off, she retrieves the gems which are more purified and compatible with humans. Think of it as a water filtration system cleaning out dirty water, but using humans to clean it out.

thanks bro you make my day
Jun 17, 2022 4:03 PM
Jan 2022
will there be season 5 of date a live? I want that there should be
Jun 17, 2022 4:08 PM

Jun 2017
Woah that escalated quickly. I love Kurumi even more now. If you guys want the full story on Sawa definitely watch Date A Bullet.

Mio looks a lot like Reine...probably not a coincidence. She also comes off as a huge ass so far, I wonder how many people she conned into killing their friends..
Jun 17, 2022 4:15 PM
Oct 2020
divesh03 said:
will there be season 5 of date a live? I want that there should be

theres enough content for 1 and a half more seasons or so.
Jun 17, 2022 4:15 PM
Oct 2020
Anime-Artist_XIX said:
Best episode so far from season IV.
To me this episode proves that Kurumi is the strongest spirit after Spirit of the origin. She is built different. Plus, when there is a time ability, you know you are overpowered.

id say mukuro is stronger, she could just seal kurumi’s abilities lol. mukuro almost stopped the entire rotation of the earth as well
Jun 17, 2022 4:55 PM

Jan 2021
I forgot to come here XD

So, Shidou gets chocolate from the girls and every single guy hates him for that, poor boy, can't even have a harem in peace. At least they calmed down with the chocolates from that trio. Then Kurumi comes in ready to give chocolates for Shidou and go on a date.

In the date we got to see them doing some stuff, and Kurumi in white lingerie is something nice to see even if it lasted like 3 seconds, brings good memories. After the date they give their chocolates to each other.

But after that Kurumi is ready to tell the reason of why she wants to kill the Spirit of the Origin, Mio Takamiya. We get to a scene of her past as how she got the Sphyra Crystal to help the "ally of justice" Mio Takamiya from those evil Spirits. However after some time doing that Kurumi discovers the truth after seeing her friend Sawa dead, knowing the truth about the Spirits Mio knocks her out. Kurumi got a pretty harsh past, it makes complete sense as to why she wants the Spirit of the Origin dead.

Some comments above talking about Mio are funny
Jun 17, 2022 5:06 PM

Mar 2021
After this episode, I say date a bullet is on the mandatory to watch list.
Jun 17, 2022 9:02 PM

Aug 2020
Why do the last few episodes of this series must be so good?

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jun 17, 2022 9:49 PM

Nov 2017
ok the past wasn't over yet next one gonna be different, everything was smooth af until Sawa death, well it's good to see Mio debut here even without the face until the next episode, EXCITED AF !!!, LAST EPISODE LET'S GOOO !!!!
Jun 17, 2022 10:38 PM

Jun 2021
Yeah, alright. I’m with Kurumi. This Mio chick needs to go. Seeing a pre-Spirit Kurumi was pretty interesting. She was so different back then, not as jaded or cynical. She genuinely enjoyed helping others and had a big heart. Then Mio came along and ruined her. Kurumi genuinely thought she was saving the world when in reality Mio was using her to carry out her wet work. This bitch used humans as lab rats for a stupid shiny magical rock and manipulated Kurumi into cleaning up her mess. Like hell nah, man. Shido needs to help her get rid of Mio. Idk how or if they’re even strong enough at this point, but she has to go.
Jun 18, 2022 1:58 AM

Feb 2016
HOLY SHIT, DATE A LIVE HAS BEEN A DARK MAHOU SHOUJO STORY ALL THIS TIME? I DIDN'T EXPECTED THAT PLOT TWIST, THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME!!!
Damn it I don't want this to end next week (╥_╥)
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Jun 18, 2022 3:04 AM

Sep 2020
That chocolate from Origami is like wow, I thought this episode would cover another thing related to Kurumi and Shido, so excited for the next episode!
Jun 18, 2022 4:24 AM
Apr 2021
Kurumi is best girl
Jun 18, 2022 5:00 AM
Mar 2017
Really enjoying this. While not read Volume 16 so the Kurumi arc is new to me the rest has been close enough of key points so far.

Even if not read it yet the Kurumi arc like the Origami arc are up there for me besides the fun ones. Only care for the story the animation and so on can be what it is I'm fine with it even though not see n the Date A Bullet ones for reference either. The CGI doesn't bother me though in action scenes it is very noticeable but didn't hate them. I do think 'they killed my friend' while a simple thing I do feel the impact for sure here like with any 'in a new world/world used to know turned upside down'.

Finally Mio is shown and mentioned unlike Volume 12/S3' s final episode being garbage.

I know that the Volumes after spoil it on the front cover of those two parter novels so eh but how and reasoning is still unclear (to me having not read them) when we know the Westcott doing his thing and the others breaking away but how Reine fits in who knows.

Xenocrisi said:
'

I think the killing spree was because of that clone being the way they were or because she was still focusing on the goal of getting back to 30 years ago or when she had a been handed the crystal to prevent it. We know the goal of 30 years from two episodes ago of course which is when the first spatial quake happened and the first spirit happened by the creators and we know Westcott and the others separated since but with this episode and the flashback we know that may also be an option as it much shorter and still a likely possibility but 30 years is the bigger goal than wasting power on her first encounter which she may or may not have tried or knows is a waste so it's better to go for 30 years back instead.

That's my theory. I haven't read these volumes for this arc yet only up to Mukuro's have I finished (started Kurumi's first volume, volume 16 prologue) and besides what we know in the anime up to this point (and what I remember of the novels that are revealed like Mio's name in volume 12, S3 episode 12 cutting it because that was a bad idea and Geektoys didn't fix it just started Nia arc so eh and we now get to see Mio now).

Hesmiyu said:

Don't blame you they don't show them much in the anime but I think they mention them a fair amount in the light novel so it's always clear (from the least time I read a few volumes consistently than I have now very on and off). Of course they introduce this all in S1 but even with the amount of times I have seen S1 I still forget or it from inside the ship not outside looking at the floating cameras.
Suntanned_Duck2Jun 18, 2022 5:04 AM
Jun 18, 2022 5:22 AM
Jun 2017
LOve this episode as it shown about what Kurumi's past are and whats her goal...
looking forward to the final episode next week
Jun 18, 2022 7:33 AM
Oct 2020
Did people aware that first spirit has the same family name with mana
Jun 18, 2022 10:41 AM

May 2015
Poor Kurumi. Killing people and shiet.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 18, 2022 11:56 AM

May 2016
The spirit of origin finally appears and we see Kurumi's past after a long 8 years...
Jun 18, 2022 12:15 PM
Mar 2022
This episode was 🔥
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2022

158 by AkashiKyojuro »»
11 hours ago

» Date A Live IV opening

blood898pt - Apr 6, 2022

34 by yungneutron »»
May 6, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

52 by Banana1233441 »»
Apr 28, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Giorgosman13 - Apr 8, 2022

122 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 24, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

5 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 21, 12:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.