Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 11, 2022 5:57 AM

May 2018
Season 3 destroyed much of the story, and S4, although to a lesser extent, also did that,
In the anime very little was shown about DEM, about Shidou's past and any reference to Mio was completely erased.
Assuming that S5 and S6 will be adapted with 3 volumes for each season, do you think there is still hope?
Jun 11, 2022 6:13 AM

Jun 2021
Kurumi Tokisaki = Hope
Jun 11, 2022 6:24 AM
Apr 2022
MaouHero said:
Season 3 destroyed much of the story, and S4, although to a lesser extent, also did that,
In the anime very little was shown about DEM, about Shidou's past and any reference to Mio was completely erased.
Assuming that S5 and S6 will be adapted with 3 volumes for each season, do you think there is still hope?

yes because its highly popular, hope as in
everything will be adapted as it is then no but hope that the show continues its good run then yes.
Jun 11, 2022 6:39 AM

Jul 2021
MaouHero said:

I think that as far as the arc's are progressing they are gonna show it in adaptation, especially Shido past as it is very important to the next volumes
Jun 11, 2022 6:41 AM

Jan 2015
Anime only here. S3 was absolutely mindblowing for me. I was prepared for the worst, I throughly enjoyed it much more than S2. Origami’s arc was really great. Sometimes the animation quality isn’t everything about an anime.
Jun 11, 2022 7:15 AM

May 2018
Onedux said:

I think that as far as the arc's are progressing they are gonna show it in adaptation, especially Shido past as it is very important to the next volumes

Well, it must be adapted, but my point is: Without all the construction that LN has, will it be good?

Xenocrisi said:
Anime only here. S3 was absolutely mindblowing for me. I was prepared for the worst, I throughly enjoyed it much more than S2. Origami’s arc was really great. Sometimes the animation quality isn’t everything about an anime.

Apart from the bad animation, we still have many parts that were adapted in a very questionable way. The worst part is the last episode, they adapted 1 volume into an episode and it was horrible. All the construction that started in S2 about Shidou using angels and Kotori having to kill him was destroyed. Apart from not showing that it was thanks to this that Kurumi finally found Nia... and many other things

Btw, if you only watched the TV version of the S2, I recommend watching the BD, it has several extra scenes that are worth it.
Jun 11, 2022 7:37 AM

Jan 2013
This anime keeps getting worse. I just dropped it, lack of story, rinse and repeat mindless content.
Jun 11, 2022 8:45 AM

Jul 2016
_cybersadist_ said:
Kurumi Tokisaki = Hope

Nothing else even has to be said. DAL will forever be amazing because we have Tokisaki Kurumi
Jun 11, 2022 9:09 AM

May 2021
Well, a certain yandere is making sure to carry the series.

Jun 11, 2022 9:13 AM

May 2020
We know whos carrying the series.

As long as she is there it will still be popular.

Regardless of how this show is gonna go.

Unless if her character is ruined.
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jun 11, 2022 9:29 AM
Nov 2020
The story just gets darker from here on out, so it’s definitely just keep getting more popular. Not to mention S4 has actually been very good when it came to adaptation, with Volume 16 being the end for this season( Unless they announce a part 2).

Also Kurumi is one the most important character in DAL story.
Jun 11, 2022 10:18 AM

Jul 2008
Xenocrisi said:

Same here - I had heard so many awful things about S3 but going into it from only watching the anime I actually really liked it. Definitely more than I enjoyed S2.
Jun 11, 2022 3:00 PM

May 2018
Hitagi__Furude said:
We know whos carrying the series.

As long as she is there it will still be popular.

Regardless of how this show is gonna go.

Unless if her character is ruined.

RioFS said:

Well, that has nothing to do with the topic. The question is not about being popular. DaL has been popular since the beginning, that's not a concern.
Jun 11, 2022 4:44 PM
Jan 2017
Considering the good rating Date A Live has on this website, I think it's safe to say that the show isn't in any danger of getting cut short or something like that.
Jun 11, 2022 6:47 PM

Jul 2021
MaouHero said:
Onedux said:

Well, it must be adapted, but my point is: Without all the construction that LN has, will it be good?

Yeah, i mean even if there isn´t all the construction that the LN has, i think it would still be a good anime/season mainly because of the characters in it and the history

But if they did adapt all of the LN in the anime, it will be better and most dramatic and emotional, giving an excellent job and making it so much more interesting

Jun 11, 2022 7:31 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
_cybersadist_ said:
Kurumi Tokisaki = Hope

best answer and couldn't agree more
the last 2 episodes were pretty great lol

and (not that it matters)
the first episode with Kurumi back in it, it blew up on Reddit taking the number one rank of the week.
Jun 11, 2022 8:20 PM

May 2018
Onedux said:

Yeah, i mean even if there isn´t all the construction that the LN has, i think it would still be a good anime/season mainly because of the characters in it and the history

But if they did adapt all of the LN in the anime, it will be better and most dramatic and emotional, giving an excellent job and making it so much more interesting

I hope you're right. I just wish the anime moved to a better studio, but I think it's hard to happen

If the S5 is volume 17-19, at least we will have a much better pace. I just hope they don't try to lighten things up.
Jun 11, 2022 8:46 PM

Nov 2009
MaouHero said:
Onedux said:

I hope you're right. I just wish the anime moved to a better studio, but I think it's hard to happen

If the S5 is volume 17-19, at least we will have a much better pace. I just hope they don't try to lighten things up.

Well... last I saw is that someone said the current season is sponsored by a Chinese company... so I doubt the Japan division changing studios will do anything.

Cause apparently the Chinese company changes some stuff that was in the LN in the anime. (to make it "CCP" standards)

Basically what's already written for the anime will not be changed regardless of any studio move.

(unless this is about the art, which I don't think that's what ppls is talking about)

___ ___ ___

Personally I just watch the anime for fun, cause I don't read the LN in the first place, lol.

Tho I do agree that Kurumi has been carrying this franchise like crazy... She's so popular... I think everyone just wants Kurumi to step on them.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 11, 2022 9:08 PM

May 2018
amlg said:

Well... last I saw is that someone said the current season is sponsored by a Chinese company... so I doubt the Japan division changing studios will do anything.

Cause apparently the Chinese company changes some stuff that was in the LN in the anime. (to make it "CCP" standards)

Basically what's already written for the anime will not be changed regardless of any studio move.

(unless this is about the art, which I don't think that's what ppls is talking about)

___ ___ ___

Personally I just watch the anime for fun, cause I don't read the LN in the first place, lol.

Tho I do agree that Kurumi has been carrying this franchise like crazy... She's so popular... I think everyone just wants Kurumi to step on them.

I imagine that in part the new season serves to promote the gacha that is from China and seems to be very popular there, but about them controlling the anime I didn't see anything. This studio doesn't have a good record of adaptations, I think it has nothing to do with china.
DAL has always been popular, no wonder it had the first anime when it only had 2 volumes (before Kurumi appeared).
MaouHeroJun 11, 2022 9:13 PM
Jun 11, 2022 11:16 PM

Nov 2009
MaouHero said:

I imagine that in part the new season serves to promote the gacha that is from China and seems to be very popular there, but about them controlling the anime I didn't see anything. This studio doesn't have a good record of adaptations, I think it has nothing to do with china.
DAL has always been popular, no wonder it had the first anime when it only had 2 volumes (before Kurumi appeared).

Yea, the game got "re-released" yesterday, tho I am skipping it, I didn't find it all that fun. (the original)

The only difference between the original and "HD" is literally just better Art, some that's from the anime.

(also, they seem to be going for Kurumi fans and horny ppls with their "ADs" where 3D Kurumi dances in her black lingerie.) (before this AD tho, they just used screenshots of scenes from the first 3 episode of anime)

___ ___ ___

China or no China, the anime is still OK I guess, just some LN censorship here and there. Tho I do agree that they should have just used "fogs" or "bobbles" like before so that ppls buying the BD would get the uncensored version (which seems to be what most ppls are complaining about)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 11, 2022 11:56 PM

May 2018
amlg said:

Yea, the game got "re-released" yesterday, tho I am skipping it, I didn't find it all that fun. (the original)

The only difference between the original and "HD" is literally just better Art, some that's from the anime.

(also, they seem to be going for Kurumi fans and horny ppls with their "ADs" where 3D Kurumi dances in her black lingerie.) (before this AD tho, they just used screenshots of scenes from the first 3 episode of anime)

___ ___ ___

China or no China, the anime is still OK I guess, just some LN censorship here and there. Tho I do agree that they should have just used "fogs" or "bobbles" like before so that ppls buying the BD would get the uncensored version (which seems to be what most ppls are complaining about)

I read somewhere that this new version of the game would have new mechanics and would change some things.
The censorship of these scenes and some others was really sad lol but there was also another type of censorship, such as not showing any of the tortures that Nia suffered.
Apart from censorship, we have cuts of important points, and a lot of CG
Jun 12, 2022 2:09 AM

Jul 2014
MaouHero said:

completely disagree
Season 3 is when things really started to get real interesting in terms of plot and unveiling mysteries, especially season 4.
Jun 12, 2022 5:18 AM

Mar 2021
MaouHero said:

I read somewhere that this new version of the game would have new mechanics and would change some things.
The censorship of these scenes and some others was really sad lol but there was also another type of censorship, such as not showing any of the tortures that Nia suffered.
Apart from censorship, we have cuts of important points, and a lot of CG

The issue if is they made a nsfw version, the streamed version will be considered unwatchable. There will probably be rampant white flashes and things covering any nudity, people will get angry. Basically what happened to dxd when it streamed where thousand of comments saying hero was unwatchable since they started censoring. Also generally the more nsfw an anime is, the less mainstream it can be.
Jun 12, 2022 7:18 AM
Nov 2019
considering that DaL changes the studio every season, I'm waiting for the 5th season to be from Deen Studio, the 6th - from Visual Flight.
Jun 12, 2022 10:51 AM
Nov 2016
MaouHero said:
Onedux said:

Dude I don't think season 5 take only 3 volumes usually it takes 4volumes per Season i hope next season will air till story concluded or season 5 and end with movie also i think geektoys did a good job and if they changed studio maybe we get bad animation i think animations right now are good enough
Jun 12, 2022 7:02 PM

May 2018
icefirestone23 said:

The issue if is they made a nsfw version, the streamed version will be considered unwatchable. There will probably be rampant white flashes and things covering any nudity, people will get angry. Basically what happened to dxd when it streamed where thousand of comments saying hero was unwatchable since they started censoring. Also generally the more nsfw an anime is, the less mainstream it can be.

Well, I talked about ecchi, but that's only part of the problem. It could be at the same level of LN, which is equal to S1 and S2 (S3 was also censored). DxD is a different case, there are a lot of nudity lol. DaL is a mix of many things, romance, comedy, sci-fi, fantasy and gore. So I guess it's never been easy to be mainstream

AnimeAddict117 said:

completely disagree
Season 3 is when things really started to get real interesting in terms of plot and unveiling mysteries, especially season 4.

There were interesting things, of course. But it was supposed to be much better.

D0DIK said:
considering that DaL changes the studio every season, I'm waiting for the 5th season to be from Deen Studio, the 6th - from Visual Flight.

hope you're wrong lol but the S4 is better than the S3 so it's not completely 0 the chance of going to a better one.

Malhotra55 said:

Dude I don't think season 5 take only 3 volumes usually it takes 4volumes per Season i hope next season will air till story concluded or season 5 and end with movie also i think geektoys did a good job and if they changed studio maybe we get bad animation i think animations right now are good enough

Kurimi's arc will have 4 episodes on S4. As it has already been done, I doubt that Kurumi ragnarok on S5 has only 3, and then there are 2 more extremely important volumes that end an arc. After that, only the last 3 volumes are left, which are a single arc.

The only way to change that, in my opinion, would be if kurumi Ragnarok were in a movie. In that case I have no idea how they would adapt the rest.

Well, I think it's unlikely to change studios, but if it were possible I'd like to. This studio is not up to DaL.
Jun 14, 2022 11:02 AM

Jan 2020
The only thing that kind ticks me off is how weak Shido is. Wish he could’ve been more of a badass
Jun 14, 2022 2:13 PM

Mar 2021
Are people aware that DaL has the best chances of followup seasons except SxF. Almost all the other spring 2022 shows are lucky to go beyond 2 cours
Jun 16, 2022 9:49 AM

Nov 2019
RioFS said:

Kurumi isn't a yandere.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jun 16, 2022 9:51 AM

May 2021
Laplace_kun said:
RioFS said:

Kurumi isn't a yandere.

Well, I don't know much about the dere types. What is she, btw?

Jun 16, 2022 9:57 AM

Nov 2019
RioFS said:
Laplace_kun said:

Kurumi isn't a yandere.

She's a "yangire". Sweet but psycho. She's also slightly chuuni in nature.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jun 16, 2022 10:09 AM

May 2021
Laplace_kun said:
RioFS said:

She's a "yangire". Sweet but psycho. She's also slightly chuuni in nature.

'Kay, then. There's gire as well, huh.

Jun 17, 2022 6:01 AM
Jul 2021
Animillion said:
The only thing that kind ticks me off is how weak Shido is. Wish he could’ve been more of a badass
I'll say that kurumi's arc and beyond is where he started to be more of a badass actually so hoping they adapt it nicely.
Jun 17, 2022 9:36 AM
Nov 2016
I say kurumi and touka are the hopes of date a Live to get a new season and season 5 will also get 17-20 volumes and season start with Kurumi Ragnarok and end with touka world also since story goes towards its end too many mysteries will solve
Jun 19, 2022 9:58 PM

Oct 2019
MaouHero said:

I'll be honest, I'm watching date a live

first for kurumi

second for the dating segments being pretty damn fun

third the soundtrack

forth the other characters

fifth the visuals

and 6th the story.

so to be frank, I'm not really watching it for the story. imo the story has never been good anyways. so The worse they can do with is turn a weak element to weaker element.

season 3 was the worst, but my main reason for it is the animation being crap.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 20, 2022 2:41 PM

Mar 2021
MaouHero said:

This comment makes no sense. DAL IV already basically has the likely the most plot out of all the anime this season. So many facebook are talking about the hints and later reveals. How else is it consistently in anime corner top 3 even before the Kurumi episodes. SxF has basically been SoL with little progression which is why it tanked so hard on polls. Kaguya also had little progression which explains the huge dips. Don't get me started on Shikimori and aharen.
Jun 20, 2022 3:03 PM

May 2018
icefirestone23 said:
MaouHero said:

This comment makes no sense. DAL IV already basically has the likely the most plot out of all the anime this season. So many facebook are talking about the hints and later reveals. How else is it consistently in anime corner top 3 even before the Kurumi episodes. SxF has basically been SoL with little progression which is why it tanked so hard on polls. Kaguya also had little progression which explains the huge dips. Don't get me started on Shikimori and aharen.

We had some problems. The rushing end of the Nia arc, where it doesn't even properly show what she's been through. The Mukuro arc had the beginning cut, and was adapted in only two episodes. The Kurumi arc is being adapted better overall. And of course, the CG.
But the plot is really interesting (it could be much more in the anime), especially if you haven't forgotten everything that happened in the previous seasons, which I think happened to a lot of people.
Jun 20, 2022 3:24 PM

Mar 2021
MaouHero said:

We had some problems. The rushing end of the Nia arc, where it doesn't even properly show what she's been through. The Mukuro arc had the beginning cut, and was adapted in only two episodes. The Kurumi arc is being adapted better overall. And of course, the CG.
But the plot is really interesting (it could be much more in the anime), especially if you haven't forgotten everything that happened in the previous seasons, which I think happened to a lot of people.

The shrine visit largely didn't really add anything to the story so it made sense why they cut it. It is basically kind of encore filler. Way too much of mukuro planet was the fairy tail so I don't think that needs 2 episodes. Nia for the most part they basically covered what they need to. Perhaps they could have made the fight longer, but DAL is kind of the few anime that actually has fights this season. They did a good job with the fraxinus and DEM ship battle. If they go at 1-2 per season, give up any hope for getting to the finale. We will end up with a bad ln to anime gap like tensura did since they chose to go 1 ln per season.
Jun 20, 2022 4:42 PM

May 2018
icefirestone23 said:

The shrine visit largely didn't really add anything to the story so it made sense why they cut it. It is basically kind of encore filler. Way too much of mukuro planet was the fairy tail so I don't think that needs 2 episodes. Nia for the most part they basically covered what they need to. Perhaps they could have made the fight longer, but DAL is kind of the few anime that actually has fights this season. They did a good job with the fraxinus and DEM ship battle. If they go at 1-2 per season, give up any hope for getting to the finale. We will end up with a bad ln to anime gap like tensura did since they chose to go 1 ln per season.

The Nia arc ends in a way... the fight is extremely fast and with low cost animation, and everything happens so suddenly that it's even difficult to assimilate.
The beginning of volume 14 is important, it shows how Nia entered the group and how things turned out, something that also happened at the beginning of S3, where it seems that Miku just arrived. Of course, there's talk about Mio which was the chance to fix some of the S3 (volume 12). And other parts about DEM.
There are other animes with fights this season, and I think most people don't care so much about the fights they had on S4, animation and direction were no big deal.
It doesn't have to be 1 volume per season, it could be 3 volumes per season, it would be good enough. I prefer it to be adapted right, than just done in any way to finish soon.
MaouHeroJun 20, 2022 4:45 PM
Jun 29, 2022 6:47 AM

Aug 2020
Just finished season 4. The last ep of season four is where things really begin!

I read a lot of spoilers and it was great. No more conquering random spirits in season 5. its all mystery and action!

You will see what happened in the past and more things.

Tho I was disappointed in Kurumi's past. I thought she was a crazy type but looks like she was a normal girl who just wants to avenge a friend.

So season 5 is probably gonna make a lot of Reine fans or Ellen simps. I am both of those already lol
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Jun 29, 2022 10:31 AM

May 2018
Ren-sama- said:
Just finished season 4. The last ep of season four is where things really begin!

I read a lot of spoilers and it was great. No more conquering random spirits in season 5. its all mystery and action!

You will see what happened in the past and more things.

Tho I was disappointed in Kurumi's past. I thought she was a crazy type but looks like she was a normal girl who just wants to avenge a friend.

So season 5 is probably gonna make a lot of Reine fans or Ellen simps. I am both of those already lol

They are not random spirits... whatever lol.
Kurumi was never completely crazy. At the end of S1, Shidou almost manages to convince another version of her to go to his side, and in the OVA he succeeds. It's also clear that she had a goal in mind, as in S2 where she helps Shidou rescue Tohka so she can look for Nia. In S3, despite being a disaster, it shows that she empathizes with Origami who wants to change her tragic past.
That's in the anime, if it's on LN right at volume 4 (end of S1) there's her conversation with phantom where she says she wants to make spirits never exist and phantom says she's a kind girl.

Well, they haven't announced the staff for the new season yet, so I'm still hopeful. At least I think it will only be 3 volumes, which at least guarantees a little better adaptation.
Jun 30, 2022 1:30 PM
Jun 2022
S5 and any after can have their own take and tie the plot holes. I do agree though that the anime create a lot of characters that do not fit anywhere and character building has been lacking quite a lot but Origami and Kurumi's arc were good if you think how much it changed the world building and the characters. Still, they were far from perfect and were rushed(3-4 episodes of plot and rest is filler or is inconsequencial)
Jul 2, 2022 5:52 PM

Mar 2021
blacknemesist said:
S5 and any after can have their own take and tie the plot holes. I do agree though that the anime create a lot of characters that do not fit anywhere and character building has been lacking quite a lot but Origami and Kurumi's arc were good if you think how much it changed the world building and the characters. Still, they were far from perfect and were rushed(3-4 episodes of plot and rest is filler or is inconsequencial)

and a ton of other shows this season basically had no action for like the entire cour and somehow that isn't filler? isn't it contradictory for the pacing to be fast and there to be only 3-4 episodes of plot. Completely false analysis
Jul 2, 2022 6:09 PM
Jun 2022
icefirestone23 said:

and a ton of other shows this season basically had no action for like the entire cour and somehow that isn't filler? isn't it contradictory for the pacing to be fast and there to be only 3-4 episodes of plot. Completely false analysis

Not sure what you are trying to say exactly but lack of action is not good or bad, character development and plot can be furthered without needing to have any sort of action or drama going on, you don't seem to grasp what filler is.
As for the 3-4 episodes of plot, thats how many episodes actually added anything to the progression of the series.
Thats not false analysis, thats just what this season was.
blacknemesistJul 2, 2022 6:13 PM
Jul 2, 2022 6:34 PM

Mar 2021
blacknemesist said:
icefirestone23 said:

Not sure what you are trying to say exactly but lack of action is not good or bad, character development and plot can be furthered without needing to have any sort of action or drama going on, you don't seem to grasp what filler is.
As for the 3-4 episodes of plot, thats how many episodes actually added anything to the progression of the series.
Thats not false analysis, thats just what this season was.

So the isaac getting Raziel does not add to the plot even though it added stakes and a villain.
Shido getting Michael somehow did not add to the plot? You clearly have not read the light novel.
The westcott showdown vs Elliot did not add to plot? This is a key component
No character development? even tho the fairly tale showed the struggles Shido has become.

That is the definition of false analysis. You have absolutely no points to back up your claim. Especially if you watched this far
Jul 2, 2022 7:41 PM
Jun 2022
icefirestone23 said:

So the isaac getting Raziel does not add to the plot even though it added stakes and a villain.
Shido getting Michael somehow did not add to the plot? You clearly have not read the light novel.
No character development? even tho the fairly tale showed the struggles Shido has become.

That is the definition of false analysis. You have absolutely no points to back up your claim. Especially if you watched this far

Since 3/4 didn't even happen as you described at all in the anime, the other one is just simply not character development and your general aggression I rather just pass on replying to you. Have a good one
Jul 2, 2022 7:53 PM

Mar 2021
blacknemesist said:
icefirestone23 said:

Since 3/4 didn't even happen as you described at all in the anime, the other one is just simply not character development and your general aggression I rather just pass on replying to you. Have a good one

If you think what I said didn't happen, you are basically not paying attention. Everything I said happens. Your opinion is absolutely worthless, since DAL has already achieved what has pretty much been considered impossible for a long time for LNs. Full adaptation.
Anyone that disagrees don't know that is ultimately the older, more historical series that will truly be remembered. Film history overrides nonsense online from newcomers
Jul 2, 2022 9:14 PM
Jul 2021
blacknemesist said:
icefirestone23 said:

Wait it did happen tho are we watching the same anime?
Jul 17, 2022 12:18 AM
Jan 2019
Kurumi already saved the show tbh

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2022

158 by AkashiKyojuro »»
12 hours ago

» Date A Live IV opening

blood898pt - Apr 6, 2022

34 by yungneutron »»
May 6, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

52 by Banana1233441 »»
Apr 28, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Giorgosman13 - Apr 8, 2022

122 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 24, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

5 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 21, 12:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.