Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 10, 2022 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Even though Kurumi is the main girl for this arc, I'm also glad to see the rest of the female cast remaining relevant and helping Shido with his conquest. Plus, it's Valentine's Day so plenty of opportunities.

Gotta admit that some of the girls were really bold towards Shido this episode. Some of their lack of common sense is priceless.
Jun 10, 2022 7:02 AM

Feb 2019
Thought I was watching shokugeki no soma for a while at the beginning of the ep lol.

Man Shido can be annoying at times. Mf wakes up with Origami, Nia etc in bed in lingerie and kicks them out, only to get ambushed as a result. Deserved.

Funny seeing the aged up versions of the girls, especially Kotori. Boob scene was funny

Date a Live also topped anime corner charts for the week, nice to see it getting some well deserved recognition. Can’t wait to see the rest of Kurumi plan unfold
Marinate1016Jun 10, 2022 7:07 AM
Jun 10, 2022 7:20 AM

Jul 2017
Best Girl finally going on a date with Shido, it's like the LN readers have been waiting for this moment to arrive, and it was truly a blessing.

Kurumi being weak on cats, and Shido won't back down from his fight to win her over, the first being a bento lunch battle. Shido certainly has learnt how to handle this dangerous Spirit much better after 3 seasons, and with the upcoming Valentine's Day, all the girls also want in as well as a precaution if Kurumi acts out of the ordinary.

Shido sure wasn't expecting Nibeelcole to show up on his window to be killed by it many times, but the boldness of the Spirits man to win Shido's affection, they really went all out in their own distinctive ways. Nia, Origami and Miku tried to sneak a headstart but failed spectacularly, while the others did their best to shake Shido with their "assets". Reine adds into the picture with making chocolate and her own short storytelling session of a love gone past.

Unsurprisingly, Kurumi creeps at the eleventh hour to compete with them, and this is a good opportunity to get data on her. Kotori, despite being the most proud, she is a lost cause when it comes to things like these.

The Valentine's date is next...and Kurumi will begin her Ragnarok real soon.
Jun 10, 2022 7:28 AM

Oct 2017
The girls doing cosplay was hot. Good for Shido, he got so many chocos.

Jan 2015
It was so nice seeing everyone making their best for Shido. As always, great episode. Made my laugh a couple of times.

I’m also reaaaally curious about that “And for Shido’s sake”. I wonder what Kurumi meant by that. Also, was it a dream or not, that one about those spirits trying to kill Shido?

Apr 2014
Origami was trying to make her lifesize chocolate. lol That was Yamai's chocolate but on the next level.

Happy Birthday! Kurumi!
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 10, 2022 7:37 AM
Mar 2022
This is an important episode because they forshadow a so much important thing for future
Jun 10, 2022 7:44 AM

Jun 2021
Shido with the brutal burn about Kotori's assets.
Jun 10, 2022 7:56 AM

May 2020
Damn it Shido!!!
Giving her the meow-meow!!!
That's unfair!!!

Again, Did Shido die at the hands of DEM Nibelcole there???
& somehow once again, Kurumi pulled a Homura on him hence why he was alive???

Ofc, Kurumi crashes the chocolate party & she leads the way & puts everyone in their place!!!

& finally, we will meet the White Queen/Sawa once again, next week.

Happy Birthday to the Queen, Kurumi Tokisaki!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jun 10, 2022 8:06 AM

Dec 2020
Their battle on the roof of the school was nice kurumi is really my fav girl. They bake chocolate together and yeah origami was make something special.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 10, 2022 8:49 AM
Nov 2016
Kurumi is the one of most favorite of DAL and makes the show comes back in ranking and as for review for the sake of shido i think she saves him from shadows from a long time and do everything in order to help him but that's not explains why she wants to kill 1st spirit maybe 1st spirit is the cause of her parents death or maybe someone close death or maybe she is the one who makes her spirit and disrupts her daily life
Jun 10, 2022 8:53 AM
Jun 2021
Hitagi__Furude said:
Damn it Shido!!!
Giving her the meow-meow!!!
That's unfair!!!

Again, Did Shido die at the hands of DEM Nibelcole there???
& somehow once again, Kurumi pulled a Homura on him hence why he was alive???

Ofc, Kurumi crashes the chocolate party & she leads the way & puts everyone in their place!!!

& finally, we will meet the White Queen/Sawa once again, next week.

Happy Birthday to the Queen, Kurumi Tokisaki!!!

Gokigenyou, Hitagi-san. I feel this episode is better and more exciting than the previous one, can't wait for the next one. Finally shidou and kurumi's fight starts to heat up, ara ara..
Jun 10, 2022 8:59 AM

May 2021
Initial sequence was basically Lunch is War. Like damn, Kurumi's antics are so alluring.

Jun 10, 2022 9:01 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That short date with Kurumi xD but now it seems like it's valentines day so of course everyone has to be ready especially to prevent Kurumi's attractiveness on Shido but lol he had to opportunity to have them in his bed or even their adult version but well.. though that was fun, I wanna taste this human size chocolate xD And that last scene with Kurumi...
Jun 10, 2022 9:18 AM

May 2020
Yeah it was as clear as day that something definitely was up, given Kotori's sudden plumpy growth. And sorry girls you all don't stand a chance when it's Kurumi you're all up against.

Also hey give Reine some more screentime.
Jun 10, 2022 10:44 AM

Oct 2020
Still no spare from work.....aww man, you guys are so lucky.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jun 10, 2022 11:40 AM

Jan 2021
The beggining with Kurumi and Shidou exchanging food was pretty funny, their competition to get the other's heart is pretty intense.

Also some more fanservice, yay, we get to see Miku, Origami and Nia in lingerie, but Shidou wuickly gets them out of the room, stay strong Shidou. However quickly the scene goes in a completely different way, poor Shidou getting attacked by the Nibelcols, but suddenly they weren't there anymore.

When Shidou gets back we get more fanservice, yay, this season has been pretty lacking in that aspect so is good we get some. And we get to see and grown up Kotori (those thighs tho), also Tohka as a teached, grown up Yoshino, aged down Miku, Nia and Origami, between other things lol.

They try to make chocolate for Shidou to not make him fall for Kurumi. We also get some more insight about Reine, saying how was her first boyfriend, that boy surely sounds like a nice one doesn't it? And then Kurumi suddenly gets to also make her chocolates.

This episode is building up to some more stuff, as the Kurumi clones are doing stuff in the background for Shidou's sake. And next time we will get Kurumi's past, it will be nice to see.
Jun 10, 2022 11:56 AM

Sep 2020
Really great episode, one of the most important plot is coming! The lunch scene is so intense and funny.
Jun 10, 2022 2:26 PM

Jun 2021
I love all the girls from Date a Live, they are all perfection <3
Jun 10, 2022 4:49 PM
Dec 2021
this is a great episode. differential topology.
Jun 10, 2022 4:59 PM

Mar 2021
So did Nibelcole kill Shido? Reine discussing more so I think everyone now can guess what's up. The girls in lingerie looks hot too bad we barely saw anything. Kurumi licking Shido cute.
Nice to see Sawa from Date A Bullet reappear for next week.
Jun 10, 2022 5:18 PM
May 2022
Actually I already know why Reine always calls Shidou by the name Shin
And I also know who is Reine's best boyfriend of all time
Jun 10, 2022 7:36 PM

Jun 2017
Hmm, so it's pretty much confirmed Kurumi is doing time rewind shenanigans to save Shido. It's like a reverse Higurashi now. lol

Can't wait to see her past revealed. Reine was also dropping some suspicious info, like there's no way that's a coincidence.
Jun 10, 2022 8:40 PM

Nov 2017
ok, but somehow i miscalculated it, because i thought Kurumi's past would be told in episode 10, and i was wrong, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!!!!
Jun 10, 2022 8:43 PM

Nov 2017
icefirestone23 said:
So did Nibelcole kill Shido? Reine discussing more so I think everyone now can guess what's up. The girls in lingerie looks hot too bad we barely saw anything. Kurumi licking Shido cute.
Nice to see Sawa from Date A Bullet reappear for next week.

NiaAlexandriaJun 11, 2022 3:31 PM
Jun 10, 2022 9:54 PM

Jul 2021
GOD DAMMIT I CAN´T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE ALREADY

This one was so gorgeous and cute, i really like that besides Kurumi being the main girl in this arc, they still are showing the others girls and making then have an appearance that is important and not leaving them aside

Also Happy Birthday My Quenn!!!!!

Jun 10, 2022 10:27 PM

Jan 2021
I think I was spoiled about Kurumi's plan last week on CR, so that kind of sucks since I was looking forward to the shock factor of whatever is coming. I'm still excited, but since I haven't even read the LN I haven't been able to even be surprised. This episode is still pretty good though.

Jun 11, 2022 2:05 AM
Jul 2019
this foreshadowing is absolutely crazy
Jun 11, 2022 3:07 AM
Jun 2017
im ready for next weeks episode... kurumi's past
Jun 11, 2022 8:07 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The next episode is gonna adopt Chapter 4 from LN Vol 16, gonna be sweet.
Also seeing Kurumi arc getting adapted makes IV very much worth it, not that Mukuro arc didn't have its moments (Nia's needed a better adaptation, ep3 was disappointing).

Kurumi and Shindo fighting with their bentos, so adorable. Also, Reine dropping some foreshadowing for the next arc...

At the end of episode 12, we should get an S5 announcement, it cant go another way, if not that, fuck them all for stopping the best arc that had its middle and then making us wait without knowing further.
Jun 11, 2022 2:25 PM

Jan 2017
Two things:
1) I don't like Kotori. But her adult version speaks volumes. I wish she could have looked this way from the very beginning.

2) Kurumi-hen has officially kicked off. We did see her friend in Date A Bullet if I'm not wrong. Bring on her past!
Jun 11, 2022 4:49 PM
Jan 2017
This episode was seriously lacking in plot progression, but very heavy on character moments and I have no problem with that. Yes, I'm perfectly aware that, in theory, a good story should have a healthy balance between characterization and plotting, but if I had to choose, I'd choose characterization, any day, no questions asked.

While the episode does continue the story arc of Shido's dates with Kurumi, the real core of the episode was with the Spirits, who get a moment to shine and interact with each other. I just love how this episode reinforces the theme of family introduced all the way back from Mukuro's story arc.

Date A Live is the gift that keeps on giving, intense action and meaningful character development included, and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Jun 11, 2022 6:09 PM

Jan 2021
Anime-Artist_XIX said:
Two things:
1) I don't like Kotori. But her adult version speaks volumes. I wish she could have looked this way from the very beginning.

Ah, someone who gets me, I would also like for Kotori to look like that since the beggining. Those legs are yummy kek.
Jun 11, 2022 10:59 PM

Nov 2009
The start of episode... LOL

"Two pros are facing off, just like in manga!, I think I see their auras"

Totally not Food Wars, LOL (plus the reacts)

Kurumi is so cute flustering, cause Shido found out one of her weakness is she likes cats.

Tho, part of them is acting, only some is true.

Both had ulterior motive to make the other fall in love first, but the taste of food are the true deal.

And Kurumi steals a lick on Shido's face. How Shido not get super flustered from that is... well... actually... Shido has always been somewhat of a block-head dense harem protag...

(actually... couldn't Kurumi just constantly try it over and over with time rewind til Shido falls in love first?)

___ ___ ___

FK U Shido... getting cute girls dressed in their lingerie and going into your bed... AND all you did was pushing them out the door... could have at least talked with them and enjoy the view for a while.

Especially right afterwards Shido gets "attack of the clones"... Tho he wakes up next day with no wounds... (probably a dream, part "wet dream, part nightmare") (that or Kurumi clones strikes again)

BUT, younger girls are now older.

Kotori sure grew some boobas. Yoshinon playing as the "wife"... so cute.

Tohka, the Twins and Natsumi didn't change much... especially since we already seen the "grown up" version of Natsumi from her self-transformation...

Muku just grew a tiny bit taller (probably from shoes) and dressed in Geisha cloth, maybe her booba is a bit larger too.

Meanwhile... we got younger version of Origami, Miku, and Nia.

Not really sure why they need Lolis to resist Kurumi's sexiness... I doubt Kurumi would turn into a Loli anytime soon.

___ ___ ___

Meanwhile Reina is teaching the girls what to do for Valentines.

And Reina talks about her first and last love...

While in mid, Kurumi shows up in Apron... and Reina returns back to the ship. Guess we don't get Reina's Choco.

And Kotori never made choco before? huh? and while fail melting the chobo, there's a tiny bear in it... RIP bear.

On the other hand... Origami is using 3D printer... that's cheating Origami.

We saw what choco the girls made, and they look fairly normal, with exception of Nia's booba choco...

I wonder what Kurumi made.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 12, 2022 10:36 AM

May 2018
God I want Kurumi's valentines chocolate so badly nya~~
Jun 12, 2022 10:55 AM
Nov 2016
I want to see kurumi kaguya Yuzuru and tohka chocolate
Jun 12, 2022 6:49 PM

Apr 2013
That Ambush just after waking up early in the Morning from Origami, Nia and Miku.... and their punishment for acting on their own lol Miku was so Cute, small Origami is as adorable as i remember her and then there is the addition of small Nia this time, she is adorable too =v=

Nibelcole scores another kill.

Reine is such a mother to Shin and too the Spirits too hehe
Glad she and some other Spirits who didn't get much Screentime before actually get some more this season,
too bad Reine went away early cause she wanted to observe from Fraxinus.

Natsumi the all knowing and all rounder Spirit shines again helping the other Spirits out with her "basics" knowledge of Chocolate making,
Good Girl🧡

That Chocolate from Nia though lmao
and she presents her Chocolate with the smile of an Angel
not too surprising she is pretty naughty after all only rivaled by Origami or Miku in beeing perverted
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jun 13, 2022 9:27 AM

Jul 2020
Nice to see Kurumi in this episode.
Jun 14, 2022 2:25 PM

Jun 2015
Things are getting sweet.. Erm I mean things are getting wild! I'm kinda biased on opinion as Kurumi is my fav character, and seeing how all the alternatives she is creating still exist even after death exist in some kind of universe, and can talk to each other is kind of mind blowing lvl epic from a story point of view. I wonder if its iteration of her is building to try seal Shido from past experience of failing to kill him.

I can only assume the start of the eps foreshadowed this Kurumi vs Shido sealing battle which has raged across time and multiverses over bento on the rooftop, while us as the viewer just begs them to go get a room already.

Could this chocolate fest be truly the final showdown between the pair! Love it!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 15, 2022 8:14 PM

Aug 2015
Date A Live IV Original Soundtracks by GO SAKABE
29/6

GO SAKABE IS A ROUSING SONG
Jun 16, 2022 5:19 AM

May 2015
So much chocolate. YUMMY
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 22, 2022 12:36 AM

Aug 2018
Shido, you sleazy boy.. ;P Using Kurumi's love for cats like this..
Nice guess, Shido.. You guessed all 3 right.. ;P Miku, Nia, Origami indeed.. ;P Guessing girls like that in your bed, without seeing them.. You sure, Shido, you haven't done some things with them before?.. ;P Also nice scene overall.. ;P
Milf Kotori.. Well.. Interesting..
Everyone turned older looking?.. And our trio we saw in bed earlier are younger..
Tohka, be careful, you'll eat all the choco at this rate..
Miku and Nia had interesting ideas about chocolate.. ;P Even if they didn't try them now, who knows about future.. ;P
Hm.. How Reine is related to Shido..
Well.. Origami's body size figures are nice.. Though, I probably would enjoy more just real Origami in poses like that.. Or with wings.. ;P Not to eat.. But to appreciate.. Maybe hug.. Or something more.. ;P I hope Origami would be so kind as to make some present.. ;P
Em.. Nia.. Your chocolate looks.. Interesting.. ;P
Sep 17, 2022 5:32 PM

Jul 2019
Didn't expect the ending, btw. Shit was so good.

This's my profile
This's my anime list
This's my reviews
🌸Would you be my friend?. I'd love to have an online friend.🌸
Nov 29, 2022 5:50 AM
Jun 2015
Pretty casual episode, nothing much happened but I like how entertaining Kurumi can be.
Dec 28, 2022 3:25 AM

Dec 2012
Kurumi-ception.
Dem bento's.
A shokugeki?
LMAO at the girls clapping.
Dat lick.
Valentine's day.
LMAO at Shido guessing Origami, Miku, and Nia.
Miku oppai and booty.
Dat knock.
Nibeelcole.
Oh shit! They cutting Shido.

LMFAO at Nia's chocolate. The 1st set of nipples in DAL and its chocolate. Definitely feels like a spit in the face considering they've been hiding nipples and nakedness as much as they can. Not only Miku's oppai, but her booty is lacking in comparison to DAL II. The pain. Oh look at that, the small chested Nia has large oppai now during the bed scene. Inconsistency is key this season. Shido going head first into Reine's oppai don't hit the same due to the reduction. So I guess Nibeelcole got bored and left because they couldn't kill Shido?
RobDec 29, 2022 9:24 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 8, 2023 5:19 PM

Nov 2010
That lunch battle made me so hungry for Japanese cuisine! I'm gonna order one later.
I can't believe he declined Miku's offer to take care of him!
I love their adult forms, especially Kotori; she looks hot! I'm not into lolis, but Miku's form is very cute!
I like Origami's chocolate. However, I don't think I can eat such a work of art.
Feb 7, 2023 3:12 AM

Apr 2013
Rather bland episode, even the fanservice was boring.
Mar 6, 2023 11:41 PM
Dec 2018
As a Huge fan of DaL I want to see this story evolve but understand that it is a harem and it ma hinder the bigger picture. Yet I find that having so many different characters that are "main casted" hinders the quality and excitement of the main hero ultimate decision to who he will pick but at this point he either pick tohka or the last girl ever to be written into the story do to the fact he needs to do the "right thing" and either pick none or one. unless it chooses all of them in which case is lazy writing
Mar 7, 2023 3:06 AM

Mar 2021
Tatsama said:
As a Huge fan of DaL I want to see this story evolve but understand that it is a harem and it ma hinder the bigger picture. Yet I find that having so many different characters that are "main casted" hinders the quality and excitement of the main hero ultimate decision to who he will pick but at this point he either pick tohka or the last girl ever to be written into the story do to the fact he needs to do the "right thing" and either pick none or one. unless it chooses all of them in which case is lazy writing
DAL is like a totally different story to quintuplets or nisekoi. The harem tag is misleading
Apr 6, 2023 1:02 AM
Dec 2018
icefirestone23 said:
Tatsama said:
DAL is like a totally different story to quintuplets or nisekoi. The harem tag is misleading
That is true, But it's rare for this type of archetype of the harem to be found so high in rating. i truly am unaware if there are any others in the genre that carry this many "side pieces" but I know it is not often done for the same reason I even wrote this comment. so in sum, more quantity equals less quality
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Date A Live IV opening

blood898pt - Apr 6, 2022

34 by yungneutron »»
May 6, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2022

156 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 24, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Giorgosman13 - Apr 8, 2022

122 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 24, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

5 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 21, 12:36 AM

Poll: » Do you think Shido actually loves the girls in his harem?

Lost_Hearts - Feb 5

8 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 1:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.