Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 4, 2022 7:21 AM

Jan 2017
For me its Kurumi>every other girl
She has been carrying this whole franchise from day one (with Shido)
What about you guys?

H-Callahan_XXJun 4, 2022 7:34 AM
Jun 4, 2022 7:32 AM
Feb 2018
Tohka (15 characterers min)
Jun 4, 2022 7:34 AM

Jul 2015
Well, it is an objective fact, that if it wasn't for Kurumi, this whole series would be a generic, forgettable trash and nobody would even talk about it.

Jun 4, 2022 7:42 AM

Sep 2018
My favorite is Kaguya, but the clear main one is Tohka.
Jun 4, 2022 7:53 AM

Jun 2021
Anime-Artist_XIX said:
What about you guys?

Unlike other show's best girl debates,in DaL it isn't even a topic of opinion but a fact,Kurumi carries the show... almost half of the audience watch the show only for her. I don't think I would've watched this kinda series for 4 fucking seasons if a top tier personality like her weren't in it.
Jun 4, 2022 7:57 AM
Apr 2022
Piromysl said:
Well, it is an objective fact, that if it wasn't for Kurumi, this whole series would be a generic, forgettable trash and nobody would even talk about it.

I don't understand why everyone says the same thing. Kurumi is the only beautiful thing about this Series

The first time I got to know this anime not bec Kurumi but bec one day I listened to its beautiful OST

and When I saw the first episode of it, I loved it.
bec it story, plot and charecters

It's true that Kurumi made the anime more beautiful, but she isn't everything.

I'm looking forward to Westcott more.
Jun 4, 2022 7:57 AM

Sep 2020
Tohka is main girl but Kurumi is main girl in my heart
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2022 8:01 AM

May 2020
Its thanks to Homura that i discovered her.

Shes just that cute & popular up to the point that she is more well-known than the show itself.

& yes, i dont really care that much about the other girls in this series.

A literal carry job by her alone.
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jun 4, 2022 8:05 AM
Jun 2021
it's honestly funny how it's kurumi since she gets the least amount of screen time unless the story focuses on her. if the story isn't about her then she isnt there unlike every other girl. but she byfar has the most personality and she hasn't lost it after meeting shido like most of the girls
Jun 4, 2022 8:37 AM

Oct 2019
Technically Tohka is the mascot and franchise’s poster girl. Well, it was supposed to be like that at least.
In reality is without any debate whatsoever that Kurumi is the star.
Obviously in Anime format is VA’s fantastic job that also works but even if you choose to talk about the LN specifically. Her direct role in the plot, the fact that she is not there to be yet another trophy for MC to collect, her ideals and her motivation, her character development.
Obviously she is waifu just for her design alone, but underneath that profile she is a very compelling interesting and very well written character. Hence the reason why Kurumi is beloved by everyone.
Jun 4, 2022 8:46 AM
Jan 2022
I mean as who’s the most promoted and stuff I would say Tohka, but Kurumi is the more well known character
Jun 4, 2022 9:04 AM

Jul 2017
We don't need a poll. Facts are facts.

Jun 4, 2022 9:13 AM
Apr 2021
Without Kurumi no one would watch this garbage
Jun 4, 2022 10:05 AM
Apr 2022
We are here for the Kuudere Queen Tobichii Origami
Jun 4, 2022 1:22 PM

Jul 2021
Good to see almost everyone is choosing the queen Kurumi 🥵🥵
Jun 4, 2022 1:32 PM

Apr 2020
definitely kurumi, she carries the whole show imo and my favorite character from the show and shes just so interesting compared to the rest of the cast
Jun 4, 2022 1:42 PM
Apr 2022
why there is no fans for Westcott!?

in my opinion is greater character in the Anime world

and of course greater than kurumi
Jun 4, 2022 2:28 PM
Feb 2021
Mr_westcott said:

let me correct you: there are fans of westcott, just not many. i do think westcott is a great antagonist and gives a more intense feeling whenever he fights.
Jun 4, 2022 3:11 PM

Dec 2018
Kurumi Tokisaki. There is no doubt. She is the best girl in Date A Live franchise.
Jun 4, 2022 3:28 PM

Oct 2021
Origami > everyone else
Jun 4, 2022 4:45 PM

Jan 2017
titodacat said:
it's honestly funny how it's kurumi since she gets the least amount of screen time unless the story focuses on her. if the story isn't about her then she isnt there unlike every other girl. but she byfar has the most personality and she hasn't lost it after meeting shido like most of the girls

The irony is plain as day here. It's like: Less screentime= Better Character. I think it would be extremely convincing if someone said that Shido has the ability to seal spirit powers as well as character development.
Jun 4, 2022 4:51 PM
Mar 2022
Even tho Rin Tohsaka is my waifu for more than 4years I was so close to switching to Kurumi since everytime it's a romantic song and the "ara ara" y'all know what I'm saying, also is she a yandere or a tsundere?

Jun 4, 2022 4:52 PM

May 2021
Piromysl said:

This. There's a good reason why her OVA is the highest rated entry in the DAL franchise animation.

Jun 4, 2022 5:40 PM

May 2020
Anime-Artist_XIX said:
Hitagi__Furude said:
Its thanks to Homura that i discovered her.

Shes just that cute & popular up to the point that she is more well-known than the show itself.

& yes, i dont really care that much about the other girls in this series.

A literal carry job by her alone.

Your mention about Homura reminds me when I watched the first season of Madoka (that is if your are talking about Akemi Homura) I didn't like anybody from that anime. But then I watched the movie rebellion and Homura instantly become my favorite character of the series. Her character development is through the roof.

I really dont mind if Kurumi is a yandere or crazy to an extent.
If she pulled a Homura at some point in the story to save Shido or to clear her objective, then i really cant blame her.
Who would not go crazy after all those loops???

Also, Homura>>>>Kurumi.
Be it in a fight or as a character.
Homura will always be my number one favorite female character in anime.(I dont see Homura as a waifu though.)(& all my favorite characters & my username are an indirect references to her.)
With Kurumi as a close 2nd.
I always see Kurumi as a waifu version of Homura.

Both will always be my timeless favorite female characters in anime.

Jun 4, 2022 6:01 PM
Aug 2021
Show me some fan art, I’ll pick one
Jun 4, 2022 6:17 PM

May 2020
Anime-Artist_XIX said:
Hitagi__Furude said:

I really dont mind if Kurumi is a yandere or crazy to an extent.
If she pulled a Homura at some point in the story to save Shido or to clear her objective, then i really cant blame her.
Who would not go crazy after all those loops???

Also, Homura>>>>Kurumi.
Be it in a fight or as a character.
Homura will always be my number one favorite female character in anime.(I dont see Homura as a waifu though.)(& all my favorite characters & my username are an indirect references to her.)
With Kurumi as a close 2nd.
I always see Kurumi as a waifu version of Homura.

Both will always be my timeless favorite female characters in anime.

If Kurumi pulled THE "Homura Card" on everyone, its gonna be mind-blowing and hype at the same time.

As a fan of both,
I'll not be surprised if that happens.
In fact, i'll love Kurumi more if that indeed happens.
& ive never read the LN by the way.

Jun 4, 2022 7:10 PM

Mar 2021
probably needs a spoiler tag for this poll given the choices
Jun 4, 2022 9:55 PM
Sep 2021
Anime-Artist_XIX said:
What about you guys?

How is this even a question, Kurumi's own movie is the highest rated thing from this franchise, I don't remember seeing any other instance where a spin off got higher rating than the original series, not that I can think of... such is the influence of this girl. Tohka is loveable but sorry she ain't coming close.
Jun 5, 2022 1:50 AM
Jun 2021
Mr_westcott said:
Piromysl said:

I don't understand why everyone says the same thing. Kurumi is the only beautiful thing about this Series

The first time I got to know this anime not bec Kurumi but bec one day I listened to its beautiful OST

and When I saw the first episode of it, I loved it.
bec it story, plot and charecters

It's true that Kurumi made the anime more beautiful, but she isn't everything.

I'm looking forward to Westcott more.

I started watching the series cause of the date a live spirit pledge app and it got me hooked on the first episode and funny enough I wasn't an anime person lol
Jun 5, 2022 3:35 AM
Feb 2022
the only reason for me to watch this is kurumi lol
Jun 5, 2022 3:38 PM

Jan 2019
If I have to admit it, then I'll vote for Kurumi. Not my favourite and as I said many times, I find her overrated, but apparently(and sadly) the anime is carried by her, or the say it better, many anime watcher are causing the show to be carrier by her. I mean she is an important character but she isn't the only one making the story good: both in the LN(expecially) but also in the anime, the story itself was good even when she was not there, but half the comments I read now are people just talking about her, like "fuck all the first 8 episodes/2 arcs of the season". Still I would have preferred a less rushed adaptation of Nia and Mukuro arc, and a fifht season with both Kurumi Ragnarok and Refrain adapted.
Jun 5, 2022 4:14 PM

Jan 2021
I mean, the fanbase is like 80% Kurumi, 10% Tohka 10% the other girls. I never got all the fuss for Kurumi, and even knowing everything she does in the series by the novels I still don't get it, specially I don't get anime onlies liking her since she has barely done stuff in the anime so far. I know she carries the franchise, so I guess she wins by default? Specially because she has been a relevant waifu since 2013 and people still talk about her.

However, I have a hard disagree thing with the people that say that Kurumi is the only likable thing about DAL and that without her it would be forgettable and trash.

Before you ask, yes, I already read the novel, I just never put it in my MAL list and I'm reading it again.
Jun 5, 2022 7:59 PM
Jan 2021
look, i love both Kurumi and especially Reinee, but Kurumi is the face of the franchise, without a doubt.
Jun 6, 2022 12:50 AM
Nov 2018
the main heroine is def Tohka, but youre free to pick which you like

personally, i like Miku and Yuzuru

and least fav is Mukuro / Nia
Nia would be a great pal to have though
Jun 6, 2022 12:51 AM
Nov 2018
Kingslayer990807 said:
We are here for the Kuudere Queen Tobichii Origami

yeah boiii

degenarates rise up
Jun 6, 2022 12:52 AM
Nov 2018
yamai_natsugami said:
Mr_westcott said:

let me correct you: there are fans of westcott, just not many. i do think westcott is a great antagonist and gives a more intense feeling whenever he fights.

sorry, who was westcott again? i feel like he never showed up or anything

lol
Jun 6, 2022 4:27 AM

Jan 2019
Ionliosite2 said:
I mean, the fanbase is like 80% Kurumi, 10% Tohka 10% the other girls. I never got all the fuss for Kurumi, and even knowing everything she does in the series by the novels I still don't get it, specially I don't get anime onlies liking her since she has barely done stuff in the anime so far. I know she carries the franchise, so I guess she wins by default? Specially because she has been a relevant waifu since 2013 and people still talk about her.

However, I have a hard disagree thing with the people that say that Kurumi is the only likable thing about DAL and that without her it would be forgettable and trash.

Before you ask, yes, I already read the novel, I just never put it in my MAL list and I'm reading it again.

Wow, literally what I think too, though I can understand why novel readers like her(not anime only, or at least not so much). Of course if the story is good it's not only because of her, but it's sad seeing all that "fans" watching the show just for her
Jun 6, 2022 8:38 AM
Sep 2016
Tohka is technically the main girl but Kurumi could be said to be the most important girl for one simple reason... She is the one that makes the most money. The LN author admitted that Kurumi (and the merchandising she has) is his biggest source of income regarding DaL.
Jun 7, 2022 11:38 AM

Mar 2014
I think there are some girls pretty good but for me (and most people)Kurumi is the best girl
Jun 9, 2022 11:22 AM
Oct 2017
_cybersadist_ said:
Anime-Artist_XIX said:
What about you guys?

Unlike other show's best girl debates,in DaL it isn't even a topic of opinion but a fact,Kurumi carries the show... almost half of the audience watch the show only for her. I don't think I would've watched this kinda series for 4 fucking seasons if a top tier personality like her weren't in it.
whats she been up to, I stopped watching weekly when she didn't appear in the first 3 episodes
Jun 9, 2022 11:29 AM

Jun 2021
Kevinj2 said:
_cybersadist_ said:

whats she been up to, I stopped watching weekly when she didn't appear in the first 3 episodes

She never appeared in the first part of any of the previous seasons either. She only returned in last week's ep, that's just how they use her... occasional arrivals but that enough is to boost the hype of the franchise. I heard from LN readers that her arc is starting.
Jun 9, 2022 11:37 AM
Oct 2017
_cybersadist_ said:
Kevinj2 said:

She never appeared in the first part of any of the previous seasons either. She only returned in last week's ep, that's just how they use her... occasional arrivals but that enough is to boost the hype of the franchise. I heard from LN readers that her arc is starting.
I'll definitely get back to it once it's completed, gotta see my best girl and everyone else mainly best girl
Jun 10, 2022 9:33 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
First, Reine can go FUCK herself, second, I did choose Kurumi in the poll, BUT she was NEVER my favorite girl, up till I finally read these current true arcs from her we are getting, on the LN.

Many people favored her from the start, but I did not see the appeal, until she gets to shine, because they are really the best arcs of the series.

NOW, that doesnt mean the other girls arent great either, 3-4 of them came pretty close to Kurumi IMO.

Reine is bottom list because, FUCK HER.
The person doing the poll really want people to shit on her, by singling her out, like, FUCK REINE!
Jun 16, 2022 9:56 AM

Nov 2019
Kurumi is great and she's a convenient plot enforcer.

But I like Shido, Origami, Mio and Westcott better as characters and the people who made the LN special for me.

If the author didn't spend 10+ volumes following "girl of the arc" methods and did more character build-up for some of the other girls, I believe it could be the best supernatural harem series.

I mean, most of the other girls have better designs, character archetypes, background and themes for me, so all they needed is more agency and stronger grip on the storyline. Kurumi benefits from nearly being a protagonist.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

54 by BertBert »»
Yesterday, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2022

66 by BertBert »»
Yesterday, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

68 by demonsword101 »»
Jun 6, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2022

158 by AkashiKyojuro »»
May 31, 6:51 AM

» Date A Live IV opening

blood898pt - Apr 6, 2022

34 by yungneutron »»
May 6, 8:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.