Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 13, 2022 9:52 PM
Mar 2019
I genuinely afraid they will make the same mistake if they continue to fast forward all 4 volumes right into this season. I hope and pray we get a proper execution of the light novels and
. Date A Live in my opinion is the best harem show imo because of the storyline and deep lore in it. Hope the studio keep doing their best efforts and make animes until the final volumes of DAL
Apr 13, 2022 10:31 PM
Oct 2020
In short, yes, it is normal for studio to adapt 4vol in a cour. Plus they are hinting alot in op and ed. My guess is 3ep for Nia, 5-6ep for Mukuro and 3-4ep for Kurumi. Let’s just trust grektoys
Apr 13, 2022 11:23 PM
May 2021
ya they have adapted 4 LN volumes in a single season. And be happy that atleast they are getting adapted lol. So many LN adaptations are still waiting for Season 2 or 3
Apr 13, 2022 11:26 PM

Nov 2017
That what's likely going to happen. It was hinted before 6 months, and we can figure that after we saw the Opening. It's normal to adapt 4 volume in one cour (Not the best thing, but they can make it very good if they know what they are doing). However, I have a faith in the new stuff.

Apr 13, 2022 11:37 PM

Sep 2020
My only concern is that if there's no s5, it would be kind of weird to end the anime with vol.16 ending, because it is technically in a middle of something if I remember correctly.
Apr 14, 2022 5:11 AM

Mar 2021
A bit of vol 13 got adapted into that opening scene.

Do note vol 15 is very short, coming around 240 pages vs the standard 330 pages. So almost certain due to current pacing, vol 16 gets adapted at least partially.

Nia should be 3 episodes tops, mukuro probably 5, kurumi 4 (which makes sense considering her popularity).
Apr 14, 2022 10:32 AM

Oct 2020
Most likely will be like this, may also be wrong. Lets see.
Apr 15, 2022 7:49 AM

Apr 2021
Adapting 4 volumes in one 12-13 episode season is normal.......
Apr 15, 2022 9:52 AM
Mar 2022
Adapting 4 volumes in one 12-13 episode season is definitely not normal....... That's called rushing.......
Apr 17, 2022 8:17 AM

Nov 2019
Vol 16 will happen, as evident from:

1. Promo art

2. Opening

3. Early adaptation of DAB

This kinda sucks, but I'd go inverse if they ruin Tenka and Muku, two of my favorites...

Good end: There's a DAL IV Part 2
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 18, 2022 9:35 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Seeing ep3 preview and checking on the LN, I think they should end vol13 next episode, maybe with a lack of OP and ED it would be able to properly adapt the rest, if not they will just rush it.

Anyway, next episode is gonna be bone chilling at parts, cant wait to watch.

I actually prefer they are adapting 4 volumes (S2 was tthe sole one that adapted 3 volumes) because that means we get into Kurumi's arc and if so, no way they can not then do a sequel to continue the plot, and that arc is just amazing, so seeing it adapted is a must!

TsunderesTheBest said:
Adapting 4 volumes in one 12-13 episode season is definitely not normal....... That's called rushing.......

Yet some prefer it when it is rushed because otherwise they would call it boring and nothing happens, what a dilema you see.
Apr 19, 2022 5:45 PM

Jun 2016
S1 was 4 lns and it was fine. (except the filler ep).

Whitefox and Rezero did ~4 per cour, the popularity speaks for itself. Imo, the DAL ln's aren't super heavy in content so a 4 ln cour could be good.

That being said, geek toys isn't necessarily white fox lol, but so far s4 has been great.
Apr 19, 2022 7:02 PM

May 2018
Inorichi said:
S1 was 4 lns and it was fine. (except the filler ep).

Whitefox and Rezero did ~4 per cour, the popularity speaks for itself. Imo, the DAL ln's aren't super heavy in content so a 4 ln cour could be good.

That being said, geek toys isn't necessarily white fox lol, but so far s4 has been great.

Re:zero was 4 episodes per volume (if you count the extra minutes it's 5) on S2. Re:zero has 320 pages per volume, while DaL has 350 in the volumes of this S4.
It should be 4 per volume, it would be perfect, but most likely they won't do that.
Apr 21, 2022 11:10 PM
Apr 2020
From the prolonged of episode 3, we might get to see the end of volume 13.
Apr 22, 2022 8:34 AM
Nov 2016
you guys are right 4 episodes per arc is best but what we got is very good compared to previous season so please please support this season any way you can so that we can also see season 5 i am really looking forward for them to say season 5 on the way and story getting good and good from here after and you guys like it to so guys its a genuine request please make this season totally hit
Apr 23, 2022 6:19 AM

Mar 2021
I go back to my original statement. 13-16 for this cours. Vol 14 should be 3, vol 15 could be 2, vol 16 4.

Vol 15 is short having 200ish chapters. If nia's arc didnt get a lot of epiaodes, mukuro likely shouldnt either. Meanwhile kurumi shoild easily get the most (fan fave, original cast, spin off lead). Vol 16 they likely want to dedicate a higher episode count since vol 16 onwards is the meat of the series so i say 4 eps. And they want to adapt 16 to properly space out 3 vols per season for the next 2 seasons.

Date a live ii had the best pacing with 10 episodes for 3 vols and the miku ones were shorter around 200 pages.
Apr 26, 2022 3:06 PM

Feb 2016
Playcool said:
TsunderesTheBest said:

Yet some prefer it when it is rushed because otherwise they would call it boring and nothing happens, what a dilema you see.

Please point me to those readers who think the source material is slow and boring.
その目だれの目?
Apr 26, 2022 4:01 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Lucifrost said:
Playcool said:

Please point me to those readers who think the source material is slow and boring.

I m not talking about readers in specifc, it is just that I have argued with people in the past about adaptations like Oregairu or Danmachi, where they prefer it to be rushed, so more shit is happening, to avoid being boring.
But honestly, these kinds of people dont read the source material but rather summaries for the LNs... but yea, people like that exist.
May 6, 2022 10:57 AM
Mar 2019
icefirestone23 said:
I go back to my original statement. 13-16 for this cours. Vol 14 should be 3, vol 15 could be 2, vol 16 4.

Vol 15 is short having 200ish chapters. If nia's arc didnt get a lot of epiaodes, mukuro likely shouldnt either. Meanwhile kurumi shoild easily get the most (fan fave, original cast, spin off lead). Vol 16 they likely want to dedicate a higher episode count since vol 16 onwards is the meat of the series so i say 4 eps. And they want to adapt 16 to properly space out 3 vols per season for the next 2 seasons.

Date a live ii had the best pacing with 10 episodes for 3 vols and the miku ones were shorter around 200 pages.

_After ep 5, i can guarantee they will make the eps for Kurumi Refrain for 4 episode which is good. Vol 15 two eps is good enough if they execute it well. They will prioritize Kurumi because this vol is the beginning of peak plot in this second half of DAL story. Which is im happy for itt_ 😳😆
May 6, 2022 12:26 PM

Mar 2021
Auzaie2019 said:
icefirestone23 said:

_After ep 5, i can guarantee they will make the eps for Kurumi Refrain for 4 episode which is good. Vol 15 two eps is good enough if they execute it well. They will prioritize Kurumi because this vol is the beginning of peak plot in this second half of DAL story. Which is im happy for itt_ 😳😆

Kurumi is even the author's favourite until Natsumi. She was developed by Tachibana even before he began the series
May 6, 2022 5:35 PM

Sep 2011
If they end it with Kurumi Refrain, which I'm guesing, there's actually a high chance we'll be getting DAL V, and after that they'll be having animated almost the entire main story.
May 6, 2022 11:10 PM
Nov 2016
Sury said:
If they end it with Kurumi Refrain, which I'm guesing, there's actually a high chance we'll be getting DAL V, and after that they'll be having animated almost the entire main story.

You are right there is a great chance of season 5 to happen with volume 17-20 and maybe then we see Last 2 volume in movie
May 8, 2022 3:09 AM

Jan 2019
Malhotra55 said:
Sury said:

You are right there is a great chance of season 5 to happen with volume 17-20 and maybe then we see Last 2 volume in movie

That wouldn't be a bad idea
May 8, 2022 10:27 AM
Mar 2019
Hakaishin99 said:
Malhotra55 said:

What we can do right now is keep supporting and voting the anime in charts so people will be curious about the rating and give this show a chance to be explored, and perhaps we get DAL V and the finishing stories. Like i said the story is the best, it's all upon us to make them happen 😍🗿
May 9, 2022 6:07 AM
Nov 2016
Auzaie2019 said:
Hakaishin99 said:

What we can do right now is keep supporting and voting the anime in charts so people will be curious about the rating and give this show a chance to be explored, and perhaps we get DAL V and the finishing stories. Like i said the story is the best, it's all upon us to make them happen 😍🗿

Dude you are absolutely right please guys support season 4 anyway you can whether it's in ranking charts or anything so that season 5 happens
May 9, 2022 1:03 PM

Mar 2021
Auzaie2019 said:

Financial support I say is also crucial right now. I have already bought all the LNs and a lot of the scale figures and spend a bit on Spirit Pledge to get a strong character. Remember to vote on anime corner and anime trending.
May 10, 2022 8:54 PM
Sep 2019
Auzaie2019 said:
I genuinely afraid they will make the same mistake if they continue to fast forward all 4 volumes right into this season. I hope and pray we get a proper execution of the light novels and
. Date A Live in my opinion is the best harem show imo because of the storyline and deep lore in it. Hope the studio keep doing their best efforts and make animes until the final volumes of DAL

i havnt read the LN but am i the only one who thinks the anime is just throwing shit at us that were just supposed to accept and say “yea, no that makes sense” what im tryna ask is, was the LN executed well or is it just dumb like the anime
May 11, 2022 8:05 AM

Mar 2021
HelpIAddicted said:
]
i havnt read the LN but am i the only one who thinks the anime is just throwing shit at us that were just supposed to accept and say “yea, no that makes sense” what im tryna ask is, was the LN executed well or is it just dumb like the anime

If you are an anime only, most things should literally make sense by now of how the mechanics work. The only confusion should be about why Reine calls Shido Shin, Westcott called Shido Takamiya, Phantom, Spirit of Origin, since that will be revealed at the end of this season and season 5. There are just too many people that don't pay attention or get through the series
icefirestone23May 11, 2022 8:11 AM
May 11, 2022 10:41 PM
Mar 2017
While the fairy tale part was a bit out there. Everything for Vol 13-14 so far has been accurate from what I remember having not read them in years (since S2 came out) even if going through it quickly it has hit the notes it needs to. I mean they even got the ending with Nia saying 'were human before we are turned into spirits' and them all going 'WHAT' in the scene after the credits. For the most part the anime has made me remember many scenes I didn't like that Westcott transports them to the fairy tale land when I thought it was Murkuro and remembering the Murkuro date is Volume 15 with the fairy tale parts being the last chapter of Volume 14 and making more sense as the author wanting to make it a side story more than anything from the afterward/author's note.

Which I mean it was kind of obvious they were human they just needed to say it. Kind of like Origami's arc in S3 taking that long when in S1 it took Kotori's arc for them to regain their memories. There is always a lot of foreshadowing/waiting to tell us even if you can pretty much guess what is going to happen if you really think about it.

Like icefirestone23 said Shin being what Reine calls him, Takamiya and how Mana connects (if she ever does I have no clue), First Spirit, Phantom and so on all need to be mentioned. They did miss Mio though which is why I think S3's Episode 12 was so bad is they had the 'fun parts' of Volume 12 but they skipped that part but S4 has not brought it up once I think. I don't remember it being brought up again in the light novels I think but I haven't read Volume 13-14 since S2 and I finished Volume 15 literally a few months ago when I was in the mood as I have to be in the mood to read light novels while manga isn't too bad. Everything Volume 16+ I have no clue but need to read. Been reading the side stories in the mean time to get them out of the way before committing to the major ones. So end of S4 if they include Vol16 stuff will be totally new to me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

54 by BertBert »»
Yesterday, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2022

66 by BertBert »»
Yesterday, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

68 by demonsword101 »»
Jun 6, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2022

158 by AkashiKyojuro »»
May 31, 6:51 AM

» Date A Live IV opening

blood898pt - Apr 6, 2022

34 by yungneutron »»
May 6, 8:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.