Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 8, 2022 4:34 PM

Aug 2020
Date A Live is like my childhood anime back then. Seeing it now feels nostalgic. Even though the art style changed, I think it was for the better. Good job Geek Toys for adapting it beautifully. Remembering things in DAL:SP it is quite impressive. Glad to see inverse tohka in the opening. Ending song sounds good af

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 8, 2022 4:49 PM
Dec 2021
What a flippin start since I read few of the LN's, in the beginning right when my gothic waifu coming in clutch is so satisfying and scary, but I love all of what she's doing!
Apr 8, 2022 4:52 PM
Dec 2021
Syureria said:
At first I felt weird about that appearance but yeah, it turned into a pretty girl. That's Nia Honjou, the first time I saw it made my heart flutter, my favorite LN being anime. An angel who sees everything in the world. Everything written in Ragel is true. And yeah really like next Saturday because it was Akihabara's date, lol. Kotori was still watching as usual. Look at shidou face, lol... I think he's used to dating because he's been on dates with a lot of girls.

Nia is quite entertaining, her Sephira when I read the LN is nuts as F!
Apr 8, 2022 4:52 PM

Mar 2013
What a boring episode

the new girl has the personality of a change of paint.
Apr 8, 2022 4:57 PM

Mar 2014
And here I was going to say "Somebody wake'me up when best girl and waifu Kurumi appears" and just like that BOOM the first spirit to pop up!

Off to a good start, let's keep it up, Kurumi is really the only thing keeping me watching this tbh.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 8, 2022 5:32 PM

Mar 2021
Date A Live IV has completely improved the franchise by storm. Earning the franchise's first 8 (well deserved and hopefully staying) on MAL which already has put it on par with some of the best the harem genre has to offer. I also enjoy how peaceful and small the fanbase is, and how Tsunako's awesome designs lead to amazing figures. LN readers will know, based on what just covered it is uphill from here onto DAL V and DAL VI. After the first episode premiere, a lot of Japanese are now talking about DAL.
Apr 8, 2022 6:26 PM
Mar 2016
this might be the last DAL season. I got that feeling. I mean 4 season with 4 different studios. is this a bless or a curse. lol.
Apr 8, 2022 6:31 PM

Jan 2021
That ending I can only love 2D this episode jumpstarted my brain so as I was watching I started to remember everything from the previous seasons because it’s been a while
Apr 8, 2022 6:37 PM

Nov 2017
i really wish, GEEK TOYS gonna re-adapt S3 last Episode, since J.C STAFF fucked up this episode by adapting 1 volume into one episode, since many important things happen in volume 12.

oh yeah btw, it's kinda weird Date a Live get a high score in this platform, since the highest one was Kurumi Encore OVA haha, but it's nice tho.

last was the OP was good af, didn't expect Mio was made a cameo in the op too.
Apr 8, 2022 6:48 PM

Mar 2021
NiaAlexandria said:
i really wish, GEEK TOYS gonna re-adapt S3 last Episode, since J.C STAFF fucked up this episode by adapting 1 volume into one episode, since many important things happen in volume 12.

oh yeah btw, it's kinda weird Date a Live get a high score in this platform, since the highest one was Kurumi Encore OVA haha, but it's nice tho.

last was the OP was good af, didn't expect Mio was made a cameo in the op too.

Hope the score stays that way, since this franchise always suffered in the 7's like Danmachi, SAO, Toaru, DXD. Animation and production values are a huge point along with series impact and popularity.
Unless shonen fans mass review bomb every show this season since I don't think they want kaguya in the 9's. We have beated Gotoubun already in the harem score and Season 5 and 6 are guaranteed to beat DAL IV in the mal scores. Saekano is all that is left for DAL to beat.
Apr 8, 2022 7:15 PM
Jan 2021
I waited so long for season 4 and it was worth it. The new art style is amazing. Definitely one of the best art styles. I love Nia's personality and she's a interesting character. I'm looking forward to see more about her and what really happened in those 5 years. I think I know where it's going. She has definitely a sad past and it's hard for her to overcome the pain but Shidoe the goat changes her life. I think that's also the reason why she has that type of personality.
Apr 8, 2022 8:12 PM

Mar 2018
I really like this new visual style and I really like this new girl.

High hopes for the rest of the season.
Apr 8, 2022 9:03 PM
Oct 2019
Beautiful episode! I miss the sweet ARMS opening a lot, but this one is pretty good too! I'm looking forward for next week!
Apr 9, 2022 12:40 AM
Aug 2021
Nia Honjou is so adorable

Definitely another best girl
Apr 9, 2022 1:32 AM

Mar 2020
I'm only into 2D. Love you Nia-chan!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Apr 9, 2022 1:37 AM
Sep 2021
To tell you the truth, I am really waiting and excited for this fourth season of Date A Live. It is now been release and the first episode was a great episode for this week. The new spirit "Sister" is kind of just funny and is that what I thought but she is really has a serious side that makes it more exciting and I'm happy to see the other spirits that is still together until now. I'm expecting that the next episode will be more good.
Apr 9, 2022 2:21 AM
Mar 2021
I read light a weak ago but didn’t the amime story will be this much good... It was a total satisfaction ❤️❤️❤️. GEEK TOYS nailed it 😘😘❤️
Apr 9, 2022 2:32 AM

Jul 2020
it's really nothing out of the ordinary plot-wise, I love the animation and art though
Apr 9, 2022 2:39 AM
May 2019
Date A Live is finally back, boys! The animation is definitely a step up from all past seasons so I'm definitely hyped for this iteration of my favorite show and how GeekToys brings the rest to life. I guess Shido is going to have to come up with some wild scheme to win over Nia since she only prefers 2D. Come on, guys.. we can all relate to Nia right? 😆
Apr 9, 2022 3:04 AM

Nov 2019
My first heartbreak: They didn't redo Itsuka Disaster.

But Kishibe Rohan spirit is here!

Please don't destroy the storytelling and animation this time - the really good parts are coming.

I like Nia's voice acting (shouneeeen) and Shido's nearly novel accurate handsome look. The overall art style feels little nerfed from S1 but who cares?

Just don't skip stuff; the too much Kurumi in OP and ED worries me (LN readers know what I am talking about).
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 9, 2022 4:53 AM

Oct 2008
Nia Honjou The unusual spirit that won't fall for the usual date tactics of Shidou and Co...lolz
5/5.

Apr 9, 2022 5:02 AM

Apr 2013
Mana Appears! Unlike the former Season which completely abandoned her. This is already a great improvement. Hope she gets more screentime than just this little Fanservice scene in this first Episode.

Finally Nia animated! and the art style looks way better than season 3 too. It's on a whole different Level and a worthy successor for S1 and S2
at least Nia seems to get what she deserves unlike Origami and Natsumi with the quality of their season.
Nia a fine Addition to the Harem

That Mio in the opening.
DelusionalUzumeApr 9, 2022 5:07 AM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Apr 9, 2022 5:11 AM
Jun 2017
This just confirms it, 2D > 3D... hahahaha
Apr 9, 2022 5:37 AM

Jan 2008
Character designs seem to have dumbed down and now it kind of has that cheap color gradient but at the very least its not JC.

Nia seems pretty fun so far though. Do enjoy the more playful characters.
Apr 9, 2022 6:20 AM

May 2016
They got me good for the first episode I hope the rest be the same.
Apr 9, 2022 6:35 AM
Aug 2015
I like the new art style! (Though I also just remembered how they butchered season 3, it's not hard to surpass that.)

And wow, the new girl has a stronger version of the death note. And only likes 2D, lol.
Apr 9, 2022 8:14 AM
Aug 2021
From the previous three seasons, in terms of pictures, season 4 is the best
Apr 9, 2022 8:16 AM

May 2018
I love the animation! Definitely the best!
Apr 9, 2022 8:34 AM
May 2021
Softhenic03 said:
Oh well another season of Date A Live with yet another new studio, which should've been around here by the last year itself if it wasn't for a delay, though anyways here it is..

Well they didn’t waste any time introducing us to the new girl, and the usual going to the date stuff, also she’s an… otaku. Some cliches too from the get go, so yeah pretty typical episode for a premier.

That’s what I was saying for a premier episode it seemed very just OK nothing much
Apr 9, 2022 8:54 AM
Oct 2012
mf really drop the "i only love 2D guys" XD
Apr 9, 2022 9:16 AM
Dec 2018
This season is pretty enjoyable than the previous so far.. Studio changed(for better)..
Apr 9, 2022 10:39 AM

May 2015
awwww shit, here we go again!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 9, 2022 10:44 AM

Sep 2007
Wooh Nia is a total clone of Fie Claussell minus the eye's color (Google is your friend) which is a good point actually. Her power is quite impressive in fact. The last sentence was funny and not that surprising XD.
Apr 9, 2022 10:51 AM

Nov 2017
Decent start for the season. I like the new art style. The first minute made me certain that this season will be much better than S3. Nia has an interesting power. It's good that they adapted a chapter from volume 12.
Apr 9, 2022 10:51 AM

Jun 2021
I LOVE THIS ANIMATION SO MUCH OMG, NIA, MUKURO, TOHKA SO PRETTY <3
Apr 9, 2022 2:14 PM

Nov 2011
The fuck is with this animation? I am having Quints two flashbacks with these Nerfs...wtf.

Nia kept me interested so there's that
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 9, 2022 2:46 PM

Jan 2019
Finally, I was very hyped about it(I've read all the novel but was waiting for it too). The opening is fire, expecially the visual, that first episode was chill but interesting, and the new artstyle and animations are very cool too
Apr 9, 2022 2:58 PM
Mar 2016
"But the truth is, I can only love 2D." - Nia
I love the new character they introduced, she is so funny and is original, rather than a ripoff. I love the new visuals! They add to the anime perfectly, the music is awesome so is this episode. So excited for the next episode.
Apr 9, 2022 7:35 PM

Jun 2021
Nia is TOP TIER Waifu <3
Apr 9, 2022 8:58 PM
Jan 2017
Date A Live is back, boys and girls! The adventures of Shido and the Spirits continue in yet another season as the mysterious Nia makes her first appearance. Even after all these years, Hitomi Nabatame still rocks young girls like there's no tomorrow and she has fine chemistry with Nobunaga Shimazaki. Also, this season features some of the finest graphic details and lighting I've ever watched in an anime. This was a good way to start one of my most anticipated series in the entire year and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Apr 9, 2022 10:17 PM
Mar 2021
Best Ending for the first ep XD- Defeinitly watching this anime till the end
Apr 9, 2022 10:34 PM
Jan 2013
Interesting.Date a live started off as a loose twgok x battle harem ripoff,but as time went on the show improved to meet some mainstream sucess.I heard its story is finished so i hope to see its full story animated

Date a live's author kept it up,while the twgok author went mad and clearly gave up in his writing...

Apr 9, 2022 11:42 PM

Mar 2017
They did Nia quite well! YES!

So far I am satisfied with how it turns out, let's keep with this pace I have high hope.
Apr 10, 2022 5:10 AM
Oct 2016
So Nia can watch anything and even make things happen with her angel.
She draw Shidou flipping her skirt and it happened against Shidou's will.

Which begs the question, can't she just draw Westcott/Ellen killing themselves and it will happen?
Can the angel be used as a kind of a Death Note?
Apr 10, 2022 5:55 AM
May 2020
new girl is a fully fledged otaku. good luck
Apr 10, 2022 7:31 AM
Aug 2017
Before the new season came out I binged watched the seasons prior and the new studio did a very good job in making Date a live look very high quality and realistic. However, with the comedic scenes with goofy music, the style did not fit as well as the studios before. Either way, it was a good episode and I look forward to seeing more from the new spirit.
Apr 10, 2022 8:06 AM

Sep 2010
Little underwhelmed by the opening scene where the Kurumi clones just float around like invincible ghosts, but it's short.

Scene with Kotori and Mana has a little too much repeated motion in my opinion.
Not sure how accurate that translation is, but it sounds like it's teasing a yuri incest scene.

Still, art feels improved from season 3's episode 1 at least. Not sure I'm going to really get used to the new eye art style though.
TakataApr 11, 2022 1:38 AM
Apr 10, 2022 9:13 AM

May 2018
I've been waiting for this moment for so long ever since I watched season 1 of DateALive IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS.

OP and ED are and absolute BOP! AND it was so so nostalgic and sweet to see all the girls gather again together!!

The appearance of Nia was unexpected but cute and ofcourse she uses liking only 2D as the reason 🤣 so far it's all just Nia so I can't wait to get more scenes with the other girls as well, especially Tooka and yoshino pls 😍

IM SO HAPPY TO SEE ALL THE GIRLS BACK AGAIN <3
Apr 10, 2022 11:08 AM

Dec 2014
well...its funny at least
Apr 10, 2022 3:18 PM
Nov 2018
Nice start for the season, Nia is interesting. The visual looks great and much better than S3 (Thank you JC Staff😒).

The opening is great! I like it so much.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Date A Live IV opening

blood898pt - Apr 6, 2022

34 by yungneutron »»
May 6, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

52 by Banana1233441 »»
Apr 28, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2022

156 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 24, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

5 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 21, 12:36 AM

Poll: » Do you think Shido actually loves the girls in his harem?

Lost_Hearts - Feb 5

8 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 1:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.