Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 9, 2021 8:33 AM
Jul 2019
Seriously tho, I'm afraid of that mecha looking suits
Oct 9, 2021 8:49 AM

Dec 2016
I was really looking forward to it because of the obvious reason that it's from the same creators as Death Note. Personally I didn't find the storyline appealing enough, actually I'm quite disappointed.

The way they have been fussing about happiness is so cliche. And I'm sure they'll continue to blabber about it the whole 24 episodes. I don't know if I'll be able to survive that long.

And it looks like it'll turn into all mecha, this is really not what I was expecting. I don't want to judge it and reach conclusions too soon so I'll give it a few more episodes.
Oct 9, 2021 8:56 AM

May 2018
Starts off very dark. I guess Nasse has no moral compass
Oct 9, 2021 9:42 AM

Oct 2018
bastek66 said:
For those who don't believe that manga is garbage just look at how manga sales declined

Probably high hype in the beginning because it was the duo who did Death Note. But make a best seller doesn't mean you will do the same with another story.
Personally i didn't read platinium end so i will look the anime but with the pic you posted, the end of the manga make me feel there is something wrong with the story because it's really bad sells at the end :O
Oct 9, 2021 10:45 AM

Apr 2015
excellent start, what determines the success of the anime will be the strategy of each battle
Oct 9, 2021 10:52 AM
Jun 2021
Byniavo said:
Starts off very dark. I guess Nasse has no moral compass

Reminds me of kyubei
Cute and loose with their morals...
but they gave us the dark stuff first.. idk about this one yet
Oct 9, 2021 11:09 AM

Mar 2021
It started so fast and it felt like everything happened at once, but that's why there are pilot episodes, right ? :D

The first 10 minutes were a bit of a cliché but the twist about Mirai's aunt and uncle was really good and the anime went from 1 to 10 all of a sudden! Thank goodness there was no awkward scene between Mirai and his aunt. I'm trying to prepare myself for anything while watching anime....

Since it will last 24 episodes, I think there will be many filler episodes. I hope I am not bored at that time. But so far it's going really well. Also I don't want to read the manga because I want to be surprised while watching. :3 I really liked the mystery part.
This is Nanba Prison. No one has ever escaped successfully from this prison. -Nanbaka

Oct 9, 2021 12:14 PM
Mar 2021
Lets hope this isn’t another ‘Battle Game’.. lol..
Oct 9, 2021 2:33 PM

Mar 2010
Ive seen bad, and oh boi I just hated this first episode, I"m hoping it gets better with those other god candidates can damn this was a dumpster fire. I guess Its just not for me but I can be proven wrong if things go a different course.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 9, 2021 2:41 PM

May 2018
Death Note The eDgLoRd Edition Now With Really Intensive Raw eMoTiOnS!

So the uncle rigged the car in such way that it exploded in one push of a button...if no amount of dynamite was involved (and the police would be very intrigued) there's one explanation - this car was Tesla.

The angels are so sus.

PS
All the posters here who see "mature tone" - are you guys twelve or something?
alshuOct 10, 2021 5:12 AM
Oct 9, 2021 2:47 PM

Dec 2012
Definitely interesting in what comes next, even though the manga readers here seem less enthusiastic
Oct 9, 2021 3:31 PM
Feb 2020
I'm looking forward to seeing more of what the anime has to offer, does seem like they have set up something interesting with the 13 god candidates and what not. Personally not too big on the characters quite yet.
Oct 10, 2021 12:32 AM

May 2018
Man, this is way better than those lousy isekai themed animes...

So, are we gonna be seeing more fanservice after that hot aunt....
Oct 10, 2021 5:37 AM

Jan 2014
Well, this was somehow okayish episode, ngl I expected a bit more. And given that this is just too similar to Mirai Nikki (MCs name is Mirai - coincidence?) which wasn't all that great I shall keep my expectations low for now since with what manga readers are saying it is gonna get worse somehow? Like idk but the only thing this anime has going for itself is the mangaka and I just don't know if that is gonna cut it.
Oct 10, 2021 6:11 AM

Jan 2019
This episode was okay, nothing visually spectacular but not bad either. Skipping out on Mirai's nightmare and Tonma's short introduction on the TV was weird, makes it feel less coherent because he just appears for 3 seconds and gets killed by another candidate, and they'll have to explain the red arrows next episode.

5/10
MeanEYE said:
I just love how the angel states "don't worry about wings, they won't snag on anything" and the very next scene MC is flying and touching the surface of the ocean with wings creating waves. If you come up with your own rules and then break them it's incredibly short-sighted and annoying. Other than that good first episode.
That's just the animation team making a mistake. It doesn't happen in the manga.
"Never underestimate the stupidity of the average anime fan"
Oct 10, 2021 7:37 AM

Jul 2014
Brushrop03 said:
GingZ said:
This can be my anime of the year ngl. Idc about the manga, I like the concept and I already liked it since the 1st ep, can't wait for the rest of the episodes

Lol how do you not care about the source material when this is just an adaptation? Manga readers are just giving you a heads up of what to expect. Anime of the year after just 1 eps? C'mon, man...

They say its bad but idk in what way , maybe for me i’ll like it, its not because majority hated the manga , i’ll for sure hate the anime. And I said “this can be” my anime of the year, the year almost finished and its my favorite among the other fall 2021 anime I watched. I liked episode 1 and I see it has potential from what i’ve saw so far, in the end it being my anime of the year is opinion based. Agree to disagree 🤷🏻‍♂️
Oct 10, 2021 9:18 AM

Aug 2010
Not a fan of battle royale tbh but I will be keeping an eye of this because I liked the authors past works despite being so different from one another.

Nasse or I guess all the angels are really creepy, but Nasse especially with that childlike voice and act.
Oct 10, 2021 12:46 PM
Jul 2021
Who else just wanted him to kill his aunt and uncle… Ik the aunt died but like I wanted him to actually kill him
Oct 10, 2021 1:35 PM
Apr 2015
It was a good and fucked up episode. I love the death-game topic, despite some little things regarding the animation, so far it’s really promising, knowing the creators if the adaptation is well made, I think it can be really amazing.
Oct 10, 2021 2:46 PM
Jul 2020
looks really good better than everyone said
Oct 10, 2021 2:51 PM
Jul 2019
Death games getting real popular this days
Oct 10, 2021 2:55 PM
Aug 2021
i like it very much !
Oct 10, 2021 3:49 PM

Jul 2012
Interesting but could better
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2021 4:20 PM
Aug 2018
I finished the manga. This was a pretty good 1st episode adaptation except 1-2 moments. Good work.
Oct 10, 2021 5:08 PM

May 2021
Rizaadxn said:
This episode was okay, nothing visually spectacular but not bad either. Skipping out on Mirai's nightmare and Tonma's short introduction on the TV was weird, makes it feel less coherent because he just appears for 3 seconds and gets killed by another candidate, and they'll have to explain the red arrows next episode.

5/10
MeanEYE said:
I just love how the angel states "don't worry about wings, they won't snag on anything" and the very next scene MC is flying and touching the surface of the ocean with wings creating waves. If you come up with your own rules and then break them it's incredibly short-sighted and annoying. Other than that good first episode.
That's just the animation team making a mistake. It doesn't happen in the manga.

That's good to know.
Oct 10, 2021 5:15 PM

May 2019

AnthonyLuffy said:
bastek66 said:
For those who don't believe that manga is garbage just look at how manga sales declined

Probably high hype in the beginning because it was the duo who did Death Note. But make a best seller doesn't mean you will do the same with another story.
Personally i didn't read platinium end so i will look the anime but with the pic you posted, the end of the manga make me feel there is something wrong with the story because it's really bad sells at the end :O

That chart above is the perfect image of:

1. LET'S FOLLOW THE HYPE! IT'S FROM THE DEATH NOTE AUTHOR!

2. Err.... wtf, disappointing. Dropping this shit.
Oct 10, 2021 5:45 PM

Dec 2016
I'm not sure if this Angel is good or evil ^^; I mean, she's basically giving options for Mirai to turn a delinquent without ever being noticed lol

I'm in shock just by discovering Mirai's aunts have trashy souls who only cared about money and nothing else. There's a saying that "If you want everything, you'll lose everything" and that is soo true :/ , at least that's my point of view and the way they are trying to show us here.

The beginning seems alright and I'll give a couple of episodes to see the progress/development of this series, cuz I'm not so sure yet.
Also, this is giving me Mirai Nikki vibes >.>

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 11, 2021 12:52 AM

Apr 2014
I’m not feeling the animation, it just feels so uninspired.
MC is another generic edgelord.
Checks off the box of dead parents and being adopted by assholes.

But I’ll probably keep watching just for the pedigree.
Oct 11, 2021 3:27 AM

Mar 2016
This episode was as hollow, cliched and empty as you could go, but I will try to trust it a bit more since it was made by the team who had also made Death Note.
Oct 11, 2021 4:04 AM

Jul 2021
Not really a fan of the art style used for the characters, however the scenery when he was flying around was absolutely stunning.

Episode was decent, enjoyed it a bunch though. I was reluctant to watch this too, and I'm glad I ended up going through with it cause it's pretty interesting. Didn't even know it was by the same people that made Death Note till coming here lmao
Oct 11, 2021 6:13 AM
Oct 2019
I remember in Death Note, Light said he want a Wings and now the author give it to the MC in another series.
Could be a reference to that lol

Oh boy isn't that a depressing first episode.
Interesting Premise, another Battle Royale Anime.
Animation and Art was alright, i like jt.

I think the last one that i watched was Darwin Game was on 2020.
Considering the amount of Isekai, i kinda like something different.
davidyodo24Oct 15, 2021 5:09 AM
Oct 11, 2021 10:35 AM
Jan 2021
PLATINUM END 1st Episode IMPRESSION:

Well, we didn't even get to the main plot yet in this episode, so i'm not sure if i even allowed to say this. But is it intended to be so boring like this in the beginning?

First of all, i noticed the exact opposite theme the creator decided to go through, that linked heavily with their older projects. And i kinda worry about that, because now they have confidently set a pretty high bar for this show - not to mean that the bar does not there before, it just with this direction the bar become even more clearer - I'm just saying, people gonna be more frequently comparing and complaining about this.

Ok back to the episode..

I understand that this episode only served as a character foundation, but surely they can do better at the narrative to help people invested in it, right? I mean if i didn't know the creator behind this already, surely i would immediately assume that this show is a version 2.0 of a shitty last season death game anime "Battle After 5 Second Meeting" or some kinda... only with a better graphics and a hotter waifu

The narrative could be so much better if we instead start with the death of the protagonist family first, then we see him got adopted, we see him getting stressful, and then he attempted suicide, right? Rather than we see a man out of nowhere suddenly jumping off a building, with us audience not knowing a single things about him. I mean if he die on that attempt, then his actions could be impactful. But then he got rescued by an literally Deus Ex-Machina (now i starting to hating this more), then we learn his backstory and tragedy through an exposition, then after that we immediately go to revenge arc. And by the end, did they expect the audience would sympathize with him? Sorry this is not effective

Not to mention the angel character is also boring asf - i kinda hope they would go with an "accurate biblical angel" potray in this. That's should be a lot more interesting

In the end, the potential gruesome moral war plot that i've been hyping for from the beginning, is the only one holding me back. And sure the early details looks promising -But this is mostly only because i know the creator trackrecord beforehand- I can easily see a blind viewers get turned off by this premier alone, because me personally also didn't want another "Battle after 5 second.. crap polluted my season watchlist anymore

But we'll see
EmpireDeLunaOct 11, 2021 10:53 AM
Oct 11, 2021 10:39 AM

Apr 2015
So much originality lol, the 24 minutes felt like an hour.

God aesthetics were decent I guess
Oct 11, 2021 12:42 PM

Oct 2013
That was a minimum 9/10 first episode. People are just giving it bad ratings because they went in with a negative opinion of the manga.

This and Saihate no Paladin getting ratings in the 7's is fucked up when Komi is getting over an 8.5. Everyone just wants to watch "misunderstood kid at school" over and over and over again.
Oct 11, 2021 1:21 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Hmm, I liked the beginning and the concept that being an Angel doesnt necessarily means that they're good. But overall I felt that its just gonnna be another Battle royale kind off Anime with some weird powers like the love arrow und such.

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Oct 11, 2021 1:26 PM

Nov 2019
2-cour and Evangeline has never been complete. I doubt it hard.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Oct 11, 2021 2:17 PM
Dec 2020
bastek66 said:

Ok? So? The anime could save it. Most people (including in Japan mainly) watch the anime even if they drop the manga or if it not popular. Maybe the adaption can do the Manga (and story) justice. Sales dont mean everything all the time. check out tokyo revengers sales before and after the anime. The whole point of anime is to boast the sales of manga.
Oct 11, 2021 5:18 PM
Oct 2017
I liked the start and the concept until the whole "You should die" bit then when she actually dies he freaks out as if that's not just what he wished for. I haven't read the manga but I'm interested to see if MC actually fights or does anything or if it's just going to be another "If you kill the bad guys murdering everyone you're just as bad as them" tropes.
Oct 11, 2021 10:11 PM
Dec 2020
Nice....I think first episode was awesome
Oct 11, 2021 10:57 PM

May 2009
GodHandGriffith said:
bastek66 said:

Ok? So? The anime could save it. Most people (including in Japan mainly) watch the anime even if they drop the manga or if it not popular. Maybe the adaption can do the Manga (and story) justice. Sales dont mean everything all the time. check out tokyo revengers sales before and after the anime. The whole point of anime is to boast the sales of manga.

How do you save shit plot? You are wrong, manga is much more mainstream then anime in Japan. When sales dip this much it clearly means there is something wrong with the story.
Oct 12, 2021 5:29 AM

Jul 2015
The plot seems interesting will not lie.. everything else? idk..
the world seems empty.. the animation is mediocre at best.. Death note from 2006 looked better.. the hype osts aren't either used properly or just.. lack that hype..
lets see.. i hope the animation gets better..
Oct 12, 2021 11:33 AM
Nov 2019
After watching the first episode of this one, it became clear to me that anime industry has changed alot since Death Note and in the worst possible way in every aspect, be it presentation, animation and music. I will only talk about anime here and since it is written by the author of Death Note so, it is only fair to take it as measring stick.
First the presentation. Platinum End despite being dark fantasy was presented in a very spearkly and bright format something which kills the atmosphere of the show not to mention the first episode felt rushed. Another thing that really ruined it for me was use of unecesssary base and way to overdramatic panels. Where Death Note was presented as gritty thriller, Platinum End's presentationwas that light hearted magical girl anime.
That takes me to second aspect, music. Where Death Note's music felt experimental regarding OST, OP and Ed, Platinum End's music has that Kpop or Jpop ish feel to it which makes it very difficult to take the show seriously.
And finally animation which although was good but it definitely lacked the feel that a show like Platinum End needed. It felt groggy at some instances.
Amalgamation of these factors make show way too overdramatic rather than a gritty thriller unlike its predecessor and that is the problem of current anime industry. Everything has becomme so generic that there is hardly any space for experimentation.
In case of Death Note, first episode was enough to hook anyone due to its feel and presentation. Not to mention both OPs had different styles, grit and themes to them but the OP of Platinum End and any other moderrn anime in general looks like a preview of showw with some hype frames and all. I wish people in industry look at these things and realize just how formuliac everything is nowadays and change it.
Oct 12, 2021 1:40 PM

Jun 2011
Animation is pretty standard, not the best, but not the worse I've seen either. I'm looking forward to seeing this animated. Not the biggest fan of the story, but I'm hoping they do a better job at adapting this, since the manga itself is a real slow burner.
Oct 13, 2021 4:06 AM
Jun 2019
Interesting first episode excited to see where it goes from here. I definitely already get a death note vibe from this series too.
Oct 13, 2021 6:33 AM

May 2020
Good start, nothing crazy but i liked it. Let's see..

Didn't read the manga and maybe it's somehow stupid but i compare Lucifer with Nasse as she called her self ''high ranked angel'' and all those things about steal money/killing people etc.
“Reality rejected… synapses shattered… be vanished from this world!” ~ Rikka Takanashi
Oct 13, 2021 9:45 PM

May 2015
Enjoyed the first episode a lot. Got me hooked for at least a few more.
"I'm always alone. Other people don't factor into what I do. The things that happen in front of me are parts of my life and my life alone." - 8man
Oct 14, 2021 3:07 PM

Nov 2011
Why'd I get Death Battle vibes from this anime. Like yeah it was kinda serious but the Gods are Sentai now? Idk we'll see how this goes.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 14, 2021 3:47 PM

Feb 2016
davidyodo24 said:
I remember in Death Note, Light said he want a Wings and now the author give it to the MC in a another series.
Could be a reference to that lol

I noticed that too. 🙂
その目だれの目?
Oct 15, 2021 12:07 AM

May 2021
Basically death note + mirai nikki
Oct 15, 2021 12:40 AM

Mar 2019
that was a good start and loved how it shows you exactly what kind of a show you're expecting to see from this ( Dark and fucked up ) this is what this show all about
kinda gives me Death Note vibes as well which is not a bad thing tbh
looking forward to watch it once it finish airing i'm not into this 1 episode every week crap
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

274 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 20, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

162 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2021

117 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

139 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:01 AM

» moral of the story

Kanashito - Apr 3, 2022

23 by bastek66 »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.