Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 15, 2021 2:33 PM

Jan 2020
This show so far feels a little too edgy to be any interesting, and it may be just me, the whole God shtick seems downright ridiculous. Particularly, that scene where Mirai somehow found the resolve to live on tried really hard to make me sympathize with him, but instead it just came off as off-putting. I don't necessarily dislike the angel character, but in a supposedly dark series like this, she doesn't really fit in. What's up with the robot at the end btw?

Is there any underlying meaning behind Mirai's name? If so, I think I have found an apparent one (ironically). Mirai means "future" in Japanese, so I'm assuming this name serves as an implication to Mirai now wanting to live on so that he could find happiness in the future.
Oct 15, 2021 9:32 PM
Dec 2019
That car "accident" was hilarious. Even a 10 year-old or whatever (not to mention the police) would be a little confused how a car would just explode so violently it damaged a house.
Oct 15, 2021 10:58 PM
Sep 2020
The first episode did not disappoint!

So far they're doing a good job with adapting it from the manga. The robot person (can't remember their name lol) shows up earlier than that manga but everything else has been accurate so far :D
Oct 16, 2021 5:22 AM

Jun 2010
Thought it was pretty decent. I was wondering why I got death note vibes... the power to kill.. a supernatural guardian/follower... same art style.. I guess i have my answer reading this thread lol.
WallenwhatsitOct 16, 2021 5:27 AM

Oct 16, 2021 7:39 AM

Aug 2021
Not my type of story but I guess i'll watch it randomly when in mood

The visuals and ost are cool tho
Oct 16, 2021 8:15 AM

Jan 2018
A new anime adapted from the manga written by the same authors of Death Note. It's kinda sad and unfair that this show will constantly get compared to DN. But from what I've heard Platinum End manga since halfway through never gets out of the shadow of DN which is very unfortunate.
But this isn't the manga, it's an anime. Every adaptation has the ability to improve upon or fix the source's faults. If this anime addresses the flaws of the manga with original content then it could be something special. But after watching the first episode my hopes aren't all that high. The animation looks average and it doesn't have that style which Madhouse's Death Note had. The OP doesn't seem anything special.
I just hope this isn't just Death Note but everything is the opposite.
Hopefully this is the last comparison to DN I'll make.
Oct 17, 2021 9:41 PM
Sep 2020
Really to be honest I am not satisfied by the studio choice here ,the animation is beautiful ,but it dosent have that rawness feel to it ,the suspense genre dosent fit well for style ,the music is decent ,the voice action is good the animation is good ,but it's just not having that Death Note vibe
Oct 17, 2021 9:42 PM
Sep 2020
0451 said:
A new anime adapted from the manga written by the same authors of Death Note. It's kinda sad and unfair that this show will constantly get compared to DN. But from what I've heard Platinum End manga since halfway through never gets out of the shadow of DN which is very unfortunate.
But this isn't the manga, it's an anime. Every adaptation has the ability to improve upon or fix the source's faults. If this anime addresses the flaws of the manga with original content then it could be something special. But after watching the first episode my hopes aren't all that high. The animation looks average and it doesn't have that style which Madhouse's Death Note had. The OP doesn't seem anything special.

To be honest I don't have a problem with that ,the only reason is the style dosent suit the suspense genre ,it feels toned downed a bit ,the story though is really interesting
Oct 18, 2021 2:20 AM

Jan 2018
Mack_Yeager said:
0451 said:

To be honest I don't have a problem with that ,the only reason is the style dosent suit the suspense genre ,it feels toned downed a bit ,the story though is really interesting
The artstyle looks dumbed down in the anime. It doesn't do Takeshi Obata's art justice. Madhouse did a better job adapting the Death Note art in the anime. Both looks recognizable there.
Here it looks more generic. If I didn't know this story is from the authors of Death Note I wouldn't have bothered.
Oct 18, 2021 4:16 AM

Aug 2017
I love anime with this concept of battle royale with super powers or abilities among the candidates!!! Also the opening song is sick
ElqBellOct 18, 2021 4:24 AM
Oct 21, 2021 8:18 PM
Jan 2011
Great 1st episode very much enjoyed it alot
Oct 22, 2021 9:02 AM

Jul 2021
LOL at the MC talking to his angel and rediscovering the drive to live while being covered in blood, while the uncle is just standing there like "sure go ahead, finish your speech, I'll pretend to conveniently be in shock till you finish", and seeing no angel.
Oct 23, 2021 8:29 PM
May 2020
Really interesting, in a way it reminds of Death Note but with angels instead. This took a somewhat dark turn towards the end, and it made me more hooked to it.
Oct 24, 2021 5:33 AM
Nov 2020
Episode 1 has me already impressed.
Oct 25, 2021 6:02 PM

Sep 2018
Death Note is a masterpiece and Bakuman. is great, I enjoy these anime so much. I have expectations with this one but I won't be too hard on it. For now, I like the story.. very interesting! Sasuga Ohba & Obata :)
erenmeiiOct 25, 2021 6:21 PM
Nov 6, 2021 2:14 PM

Sep 2015
Glad the main character didn't steal the Melonpan

BUT WOW the red arrow is more than just falling deeply in love with someone, the fact that it compels people to tell information and things for their lover !

The main character is really good with his mindset, he is negative, but still retains morals and is mindful about other people !

However the concept and idea of the 13 god candidates put me off

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Nov 12, 2021 5:43 AM
Nov 2021
uncontrollable eyeshake...that was very Light of you Mirai.
Death Notes little sister, i like it.
also i know what my next cosplay will be already
Nov 19, 2021 8:02 PM

Dec 2013
Ok first episode. Mirai seems ok so far and the angel is really adorable to me for some reason.

The Uncle and Aunt really are disgustingly terrible people.

I like the idea of pursuing an ordinary happiness. It's a good happiness to pursue.

The introduction of the god candidate process really reminds me of Future Diary.
Nov 23, 2021 2:50 PM
Apr 2019
Can't wait to see how twisted the MC gonna be, who his adversary will be and how the angel will be messed up.
Nov 24, 2021 3:33 PM
Jun 2017
Been the same author of Death Note gave me high hopes. This start of the series I actually really enjoyed. It looks like a promising series. It seems like a very quick opening and I see death note written all over it.
Nov 29, 2021 7:46 PM

May 2018
I think Nasse might actually be a devil.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Dec 19, 2021 4:52 PM

Oct 2019
This first episode was so comically terrible that I literally couldn’t sit through it without laughing at the sheer absurdity of its plot points. Coming from the creator of Death Note you’d expect something that delved better into the human psyche than whatever this garbage did. Jesus, I can’t emphasis enough how many plot points they added into this single episode, and for no apparent reason at all? Wow! Dude’s about to die! Wow! Thematic cutscene with him flying over the ocean! Wow! Childhood best friend sub-plot? Wow! Abusive family! Wow! Abusive family killed biological family! This is all in the first 12 minutes, dear lord.
Jan 13, 2022 11:12 AM

Dec 2015
Let's see if this gets worse later - cause the score here is low. First episode felt 8-ish. Classic fun setup with crazy faces/eyes (main chars reaction when aunt went crazy and killed herself) - was fun.

Power ranger styled suits ... not to my taste. Ending hints that they might wear those all the time. Nasse probably evil? (Like a certain other creature that gave main chars special powers - in another anime. But only did so for their own benefit.)
Jan 15, 2022 7:24 AM
Jan 2022
主人公は偽善的すぎるので、このアニメを見るのはうんざりです
Apr 16, 2022 2:31 AM
Jan 2016
The whole time I could only think abou how the angel's halo looks like an electric cooking stove xD
May 17, 2022 2:14 PM

Dec 2007
time to start watching this finally.
hope i won't be too heavy with my manga comparison.

i didn't excepted the studio to copy-paste the art of the manga, but it wasn't dark enough.
well, i will correct myself, it's dark at times, but like MADHOUSE made DN "art" dark, the art here isn't dark at all but all light and shiny.
kinda gets the feeling though the studio makes this story as mirai nikki got treated.

i get the fast pace, the first episode was rushed, but on the way it felt like they lost depth.
the last few scenes specially lol, they crammed 60 pages of the 2nd chapter to 3minutes lol.

dunno if i like it, but they changed mirai's personality a bit. only time will tell if it's for good.
he's just not too suicidal enough lol.
Jun 16, 2022 2:37 AM

Jul 2015
Certainly from the same creator as Death Note with the whole angel thing (Ryuk a lot more cuter than Nasse though) and I also get some Mirai Nikki feel from the 13 participants to become God thing. Let's see how this plays out.

Aug 23, 2022 7:43 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
First 2 episodes are 10/10 great! and Nasse is cute!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 5, 2022 9:37 AM
Sep 2022
It was a good start... to set up the vibe... ehhhh not much to talk about.It's just like a pyschological kinda thing... Decent i guess
Sep 15, 2022 4:14 PM
Jul 2021
it's horrible, terrifing
Nov 25, 2023 9:03 PM
Oct 2019
Made me think of Light Yagami in Death Note... I think it is actually by the same mangaka, need to fact check. I don't think I'd continue this anime unless I get really bored. The animation is a bit lacking for having been released in 2022 and watched in dub. It's a pretty dark concept of God and angels. very unique and not something I was expecting--as well as explicitly suggestive in terms of killing, and getting what you want for the sake of "freedom", and the ability to control people through "love".
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

274 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 20, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

162 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2021

117 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

139 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:01 AM

» moral of the story

Kanashito - Apr 3, 2022

23 by bastek66 »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.