Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 28, 2020 5:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Karin shouldn't feel nervous like that. She has a lot of friends and support.

I love this group of idols treats each other like a close family. Everyone supports each other and we got a likable group that feels inspirational. Decent performance this episode too.
Nov 28, 2020 6:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Friends but rivals... well that where the competition aspect is interesting I guess
Karin did a good job I think, and the visuals during the solo representation were great as usual
Nov 28, 2020 6:41 AM

Jul 2012
Great episode as usual. I'm glad that Karin has received support not only from Emma, but also Setsuna,
as well as the others. Plus, her performance was really good IMO, and I really like the song Vivid World.
I also like the part where Setsuna even gets to fangirl over her because Setsuna loves manga so much.

"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Nov 28, 2020 6:42 AM

Feb 2019
“Friends but rivals” love the competition between the girls to push each other.

Setsuna fangirling over a new LN drop was so cute.

Karin’s performance, which had a lot of EDM elements was definitely my favourite so far. Can’t wait for that to drop on Apple Music.
Nov 28, 2020 6:53 AM

Jan 2019
This time with N-girls out of two academies. Beside Shimonome Academy, we see some girls out of Touou Academy (At least Himeno Ayanokoji and Misaki Shido)

But most important, this episode is about Karin. And this episode has left some questions unanswered. Karin feels a strong rivalry. In her mentional breakdwon before her performance, she asked, why everybody is good to her.
So I asked myself, what she has experienced, that she doesn't really trust in the friednship of the other members of the club. Is she hiding bad experiences from her model carreer?
This ends in a good way and Karin is able to perform. But I think, there could be made much more story out of it, if it hasn't had shrinked into one episode.
Imho one of the inferior epsiodes. And one of the inferior songs.

A last thing, I want to mention:

The perfect festival name for a Diver Diva!

P.S.: I am a little disappointed, that I didn't spot Gyoro ;). But I will rewatch this episode and look for him/her ;) Perhaps....
Nov 28, 2020 6:59 AM

Apr 2015
Karin so pretty <3

🌙 Sailor Moon 🌙

Nov 28, 2020 7:02 AM

Jan 2019
Even I was feeling the pressure when she was about to perform. Always nice to see how everyone is supportive despite Karin seeing them as 'rivals'.

Good song, and the visuals were nice.
Nov 28, 2020 7:07 AM

Apr 2014
Friends but rivals, where the competition and friendship are together.
Big concert with and tough decision, it's not easy to decide who will perform in the concert when everyone wants to perform.

Nervousness and pressure are expected from Karin especially in this situation, but with support from everyone, she can perform a nice show.
And, again, I like this song. The previous 3songs Butterfly, Solitude Rain, Vivid World are my favourite ones.

Summer break and training camp is coming in the next episode, can't want to watch it.

Tigerle said:

So I asked myself, what she has experienced, that she doesn't really trust in the friednship of the other members of the club. Is she hiding bad experiences from her model carreer?

I think that model job is a real competition, everyone is your rival that tries to do their best for getting more job and more money. There are no real friendships like in the school idol club.
何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 28, 2020 7:10 AM

Dec 2014
Love it when Setsuna gets all excited. Very cute.

Damn, that Karin photoshoot was quite something. Top tier shots. I like how she's bad with directions and Yuu-chan comments how it makes her cute.

Performance was good as expected.
Friends but rivals. :)
Nov 28, 2020 7:37 AM

Jan 2019
The moment, when the own post is helping you to understand something...

In the stinger, we see Kasumi and Ai jealous about Karin for her gig at the "Diver festival". To see Kasumi jealously is pretty standard. But at my first watch, I was wondering, why Ai is shown as jealously. Now I was on my hunt for Gyoro (This was not really a rewatching), but after resigning, I let the episode simply end. And then I saw this scene again... And again this question dropped into my brain....
And then I thought on my own post, where I mentioned, that the name of this episode fits perfectly a Diver Diva like Karin. Now, this question is solved for Ai too :D

Perhaps, I am too analytical...
Nov 28, 2020 7:40 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i feel like this spin-off doesn't even have a main character lol
Nov 28, 2020 7:44 AM

Oct 2017
That was a lovely performance from Karin chan.
Nov 28, 2020 7:48 AM

Sep 2017
I get that they wanted to let Karin have an episode but like Nijigasaki got 3 songs for Diver Fes. Why not split into A•ZU•NA, DiverDiva, and QU4RTZ and perform one song each?
Otherwise good episode. I'm curious to see where the anime will go now that each girl has had her focus episode
Nov 28, 2020 7:49 AM

Mar 2020
Hmm...not one of the better episodes but still good.

Gotta say Karin doing her modelling, she looks so nice!

Her performance was good but I was wondering how the hat stayed on her head the whole time xD.

Friends but rivals...indeed.

Good episode :)
Nov 28, 2020 7:57 AM

Apr 2019
Model Karin looks damn good. Weird for her to have a bad sense of direction lmao. Glad the rest of the group supported her to put on that amazing performance, the visuals were probably the best i've seen from this season.

Nov 28, 2020 8:06 AM

Sep 2019
I like Karin and her peformance in this episode was good. We’re getting closer to the group concert.
Nov 28, 2020 8:23 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode.

Karin looks beautiful in those photoshoots. And her performance was amazing. Probably the best one so far.

Nov 28, 2020 8:24 AM

Oct 2020
It's a pretty good episode imo, at least with this i actually like Karin more, and she goes up from my best niji girls list.
Being that one person who hammered reality often being that person who everyone hates. So it's nice to see her take herself for that part.
And i can relate to her so much on how late the nervousness and scared feelings sink in.. I'm glad at least she did her's well :D

EcchiGodMamster said:

I think that's exactly what the developer aiming for..?? XD

rubybestgirl said:
I get that they wanted to let Karin have an episode but like Nijigasaki got 3 songs for Diver Fes. Why not split into A•ZU•NA, DiverDiva, and QU4RTZ and perform one song each?
Otherwise good episode. I'm curious to see where the anime will go now that each girl has had her focus episode
i think there's a misunderstanding here. The 3 songs meant for the "school idol" corner of that festival. Since Shinonome and Touo (???) School idols each take 1 song spot, that means niji only have one song spot left too.
A certain person lurking here
Nov 28, 2020 8:31 AM

May 2012
I like that episode, I really really appriciate the fact that they are includin N-cards from School Idol Festival,that's very cool.
I enjoyed Karin solo,not my favorite but still very nicely animated.
Nov 28, 2020 9:14 AM

Jun 2013
EcchiGodMamster said:

that's the point
they're not an idol group but a gathering of solo school idol
and they don't aim for love live
that's why it's better
Nov 28, 2020 9:25 AM

Jan 2019
ChoiDalDal said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

that's the point
that's why it's better

I have to disagree with your post. I think, that Nijigasaki High school Idol Club is better than its predecessors, too. But I would say, this is ALTHOUGH they don't aim for love live.
Nijigasaki has the better graphics and most importantly the better characters. But there is one point I am missing: A global story. I really like it, when the story is evolving from one episode to another. But in Nijigasaki High School Idol Club, the story stopped after episode three. And an aim would have solved this missing plot. Therefore, I think, the anime could be a little better, if they would aim for Love Live. Or if they at least aim for something other. But they should aim for something!
Nov 28, 2020 9:42 AM

Jan 2015
Again, another great episode.
Karin didn’t need much development either so I’m glad we got introduced better to the other school.
Good song, although I liked the previous three better. Honestly, CGI quality has been outstanding in every song damn.

Can’t wait for the training, although I’m not sure where we going from now plot wise.
Nov 28, 2020 10:41 AM

Nov 2016
Loved the photoshoot and performance.

My first impression of Karin was that she's the mature beauty of the group (with the cool charm). This episode reaffirmed, but also relativized it a bit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 28, 2020 10:50 AM

Mar 2017
Although I'm glad that the song this time was true to Karin's style, it feels like Starlight was too high of a hurdle to overcome given how good it is. Visuals were top notch though, having plenty of good stills.

Best songs so far are Butterfly and NEO SKY, NEO MAP I guess

E: Aaaaaaaaaaaand just after posting this I get to see the new Diver Diva song. All is redeemed.
red-tomatoNov 28, 2020 10:54 AM
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 28, 2020 11:13 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Mei2Mei said:

EcchiGodMamster said:

I think that's exactly what the developer aiming for..?? XD

lol it makes picking best girl more difficult tbh, but i've had my eyes on Emma since before the show even aired

ChoiDalDal said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

that's the point
that's why it's better

lol i figured it may go that direction, interesting
Nov 28, 2020 11:33 AM

May 2020
Well, Karin is my least favorite, i do not like his personality either his songs, but still i cant deny this was a good episode.

I really want that by the end of the season we have a performance of all Nijigasaki (and most likely will be one) and hopefully they sing Tokimeki Runners.
Nov 28, 2020 12:49 PM

Mar 2019
Performing alone on such a big stage is really something...that's good and bad at the same time for our solo idols...

Yuu looked so...dunno...she wants to be an idol as well! Would be great to see her performing although she is us (anata) and we surely cannot sing and dance haha...but it's the anime with someone who really can do it, so give her a solo as well please. She totally deserves it, would be great to see her seiyuu sing and dance also...at least a character song.

(But we need our manager to go the idolmaster way otherwise we must have a love live.)
Nov 28, 2020 3:24 PM
May 2020
Tearing Karin is so cute >_<
Nov 28, 2020 3:44 PM

Apr 2015
Setsuna getting excited over Otaku stuff makes this Otaku happy. Love to see her get so excited.

So only one to perform on that diver stage, tough choice had to be made as only one of the 9 girls could perform. Honestly, they made a good choice with Karin. She really shined out there, despite having a little rough moment before the actual perfomance.

Also loved the quick photoshoot we saw in the episode. Karin is absolutely gorgeous and this episode made it so much harder to choose who best girl is D:

Summer camp next week, so I take it that means that the solo character arcs are over! (unless I am forgetting someone) Can't wait to see everyone improve.
Nov 28, 2020 11:31 PM

Oct 2007
that's a lot of pressure put on Karin. Even a professional model can be afraid to perform alone in front of approximately 3000 people. Well, but with encouragement, Karin realize she is not alone, and is able to perform.

my most favorite Nijigasaki member is still Shizuku, the performance last week still cannot be topped (not arguing with others, this is personal preference). Watched Shizuku's performance afew times after watching this new episode.
Nov 28, 2020 11:34 PM

Aug 2019
I think this spin off might be more interesting than the originals, also if you told me Karin was a college student I would believe you shes honestly way more mature in comparison to the rest of them
snowykevinNov 28, 2020 11:37 PM
Nov 29, 2020 2:42 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hot, ellegant, charming, and very cool. Thats Karin senpai live concert time, for me. "(we are) Nakama, dakedo, rivals. Rivals, dakedo, nakama! (boom!)" Nice quote, there, Karin.

At her own shoulder, finally, you already step up on to the next level of being a school idol. As a charimatic girl at their group, ofc she was taken that sweet chance. Ellegantly, with a lot of effort, she was life concerting herself in the middle of a huge stage. Its kinda relieving, its really her rainbow color time to shine. How lovely. Thanks for the help of her precious friends, their trust, their support as one being. The first flag of Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol big concert, attached, and will be forever remember by a lot of peoples there. Mission success to shut those hidden fan girl up, and, a pleasant surprise by giving such an enjoyable performance at my point of view too.

Okay, girls, the last one is done perfectly. Now, you all must prepare for the deal. After a huge succession, the after match must be great too to bring more effect for the audience. Their concert, as a whole, finally they concern for those subject! Oh-kay, its time for the antic activity do its best to satisfy me. A training camp! Really looking forward to see their interaction there!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 29, 2020 12:05 PM

Jul 2014
Karin is definitely one of my favourites among the Nijigaku cast, and this episode only cemented that fact. However, I can't help but be confused as why the group would vote for her specifically to perform at DIVER Fes based on what we've seen so far: if anything, Setsuna would be the obvious choice to perform here, and the only reason it was Karin was because of the whole "one episode per character" formula we've followed so far.

Speaking of, it's going to be interesting to see what the show does with four episodes left and without that formula it's been following from the start.
Nov 30, 2020 6:42 AM

Feb 2018
rubybestgirl said:

Nijigasaki didn't get 3 songs. Those 3 songs slot were for all school idols, 1 for Haruka's school, 1 for Ayanokoji's school and 1 for Nijigasaki. and also in anime, sub unit plot doesn't exist. Not even ori Love Live and
Sunshine anime use subunit as plot.
Nov 30, 2020 7:36 AM

Mar 2013
Tigerle said:
ChoiDalDal said:

that's the point
that's why it's better

I have to disagree with your post. I think, that Nijigasaki High school Idol Club is better than its predecessors, too. But I would say, this is ALTHOUGH they don't aim for love live.
Nijigasaki has the better graphics and most importantly the better characters. But there is one point I am missing: A global story. I really like it, when the story is evolving from one episode to another. But in Nijigasaki High School Idol Club, the story stopped after episode three. And an aim would have solved this missing plot. Therefore, I think, the anime could be a little better, if they would aim for Love Live. Or if they at least aim for something other. But they should aim for something!

It really depends on what you like. I found the story of the muse group to be quite great and Kotori is still my favorite idol in the franchise but the Sunshine story just felt like a rehash with a beach theme here and there. The anime adaptation ever since Sunshine should have been a more "slice of life" with cute insert songs from the very beginning and that's why i'm finding this new one to be so great. I'd rather see small stories for each girl than having a third "singing to save our school and win competition" plot.
Nov 30, 2020 2:28 PM
Nov 2020
Karin is so pretty, nice dress there. Vivid world is nice song, like it but I thought she will perform a ballad song because her voice are suitable for that. BTW, nice episode.
Dec 1, 2020 9:12 PM

Jul 2016
Yep, it's decided. This installment of Love Live has the best set of characters in my opinion. The synergy they all share is simply perfect and unlike the previous LLs, I actually find all the girls here rather likeable.

This said, fantastic episode once again. It was really nice to see more of Karin aside from her usual mature and cool persona. I like the fact of her being self conscious about if what she says can be taken as something harsh or insensitive and the addition of her being bad with directions also gives a certain air of charm and cuteness to her overall character. Her performance at the festival was splendid as expected and seeing all the other girls comforting her just before going onstage was simply precious. Friends but rivals... rivals but friends indeed.
SouthRzVaDec 1, 2020 9:18 PM
Dec 1, 2020 9:25 PM

Nov 2012
Drama from nowhere, hoping they can get better

My Candies:

Dec 2, 2020 10:47 PM

Oct 2012
I liked seeing Karin showing a bit of vulnerability and then the club came through and lifted her up like a rainbow colors.
Dec 4, 2020 9:01 AM

Nov 2017
I do like this episode despite the problem/conflict starting late and being resolved way too fast.

The "friends but rivals" is a neat theme here because some people would have a more "kill or be killed" or "dog eat dog" mentality, but they all get that there's enough room in the universe for everyone to win and there's nothing wrong with supporting others
Dec 5, 2020 12:45 AM

Oct 2008
Karin is so gorgeous and awesome performance!!!
5/5.

Dec 6, 2020 11:36 AM
Feb 2019
Is there any way to actually find out who sings the songs at the end of every episode? I feel like a boomer but i don't really understand the whole concept of fictional characters releasing songs and they don't seem to credit an actual singer, or is it the voice actors?
Dec 7, 2020 9:27 PM

Jan 2013
captain3xtreme said:
Is there any way to actually find out who sings the songs at the end of every episode? I feel like a boomer but i don't really understand the whole concept of fictional characters releasing songs and they don't seem to credit an actual singer, or is it the voice actors?

The voice actors sing the songs.
Salmon is delicious.
Dec 11, 2020 12:42 AM

Mar 2012
TRI_Mike said:
Tigerle said:

It really depends on what you like. I found the story of the muse group to be quite great and Kotori is still my favorite idol in the franchise but the Sunshine story just felt like a rehash with a beach theme here and there. The anime adaptation ever since Sunshine should have been a more "slice of life" with cute insert songs from the very beginning and that's why i'm finding this new one to be so great. I'd rather see small stories for each girl than having a third "singing to save our school and win competition" plot.

The first love live seems like a more childish show, it's really difficult to watch for me.
This one is better for my taste at least. Girls&dialogues seems more mature, and the anime is pretty good looking this time !
Dec 15, 2020 5:12 PM

Nov 2009

This story is based on the Game, and the Game is made to be "open ended", meaning it will never end.

Otherwise the game will also end and no more updates... which is something no game dev wants unless it's meant to be a one-time-play game like most console games. But this is a mobile game and they're meant to be long lasting as long as possible in order to make money out of it. (which is also the reason they started up this anime even tho they originally decide not to make an anime out of the game...)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 28, 2020 6:02 AM
Jan 2016
look at that same poster
is this still in one universe?
left : Love Live! School Idol Project ep. 9
right Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai ep. 9

Apr 9, 2021 9:11 AM

Feb 2019
ame17 said:
look at that same poster
is this still in one universe?
left : Love Live! School Idol Project ep. 9
right Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai ep. 9

I know Sunshine is in same universe as original.

When I've looked on the wikia at some character trivia for Nijigasaki, I've come to conclusion it is also in same universe.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Apr 22, 2021 12:01 AM

Feb 2020
That was great! Karin did a good job and I'm sure the whole school is so proud of her. The visuals during her performance looked awesome too.

She was so beautiful in her model pictures. <3

SerafosNov 19, 2023 2:51 AM
Oct 8, 2021 7:40 AM

Sep 2011
Seriously, it drives me nuts of wanting to see them perform a live as a group and, wishfully hoping, that they will create a group in the future.

Oct 27, 2021 8:50 AM

Apr 2011
I can understand Karin feeling the pressure, but good thing the girls are supporting her and they gave her strength to perform and what a performance it was. It was nice knowing the other idol is a fan or Karin.

They maybe rivals, but they're also friends and clubmates who help each other in need.

Its a bit of a downer they're not performing as a group. I thought the solos would be just temporary but it seems different on this series compared to past Love Lives. Will we seem perform as a group this season or in the future?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2020

66 by Sommernacht »»
May 12, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ringare - Oct 10, 2020

65 by Sommernacht »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

» Better than Sunshine?

Kayroad - Dec 23, 2023

14 by Otakupervert890 »»
Apr 8, 4:20 AM

» What character is the center?

Kayroad - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Amranhakim8 »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

NV2301 - Dec 26, 2020

99 by Desaturate »»
Nov 5, 2023 7:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.