Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 10, 2020 6:53 AM

Mar 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very cool episode, the moment where she record her friend with her phone was very cute at then end !
Oct 10, 2020 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
This second episode is kinda cute, even with the idols talking about cuteness.

That Kasumi girl might be a bit sensitive though, at least compared to some of the other cast. Ayumu also needs to be more confident in herself if she wants to be idol at this school.
Oct 10, 2020 7:34 AM

Jan 2019
So sweet that it hurts!

My respect for Ayumu, who survives a full treatment of Kasumi! At least, Kasumi recognizes herself, what she is doing. But it would be very understandable, if Ayumu had ran away.
Oct 10, 2020 7:46 AM

Jan 2014
So conflicting ideals is the reason why the club broke apart basically? Makes sense, I'm sure we'll find them working that out as the show goes along. Nice ep.
Oct 10, 2020 7:58 AM

Oct 2020
I find it really nice that Kasumin realize what she just did was what she hated others do to her by herself.
I'm curious on how it will play out from here on, especially recruiting new members
A certain person lurking here
Oct 10, 2020 8:01 AM

Dec 2014
Very nice episode again.

KasuKasu sure is a feisty one. She sure has some strong ideals in terms of 'cuteness' and I agree with Yuu-chan that Setsuna comes off more as cool rather than cute.

So the club broke up because of conflicting ideals, curious to see how they'll bring it back and get everyone on a similar page.

Easily the best moment of the episode is when Karin walks past Ayumu trying to practice her introduction. xD
She made a nice introduction at the end though, without any of KasuKasu's forced appeal.
Oct 10, 2020 8:03 AM

Mar 2018
Am I the only one bothered by how the songs feel like a jarring music video interruption?
Oct 10, 2020 8:07 AM

Feb 2019
I love the new art style so much. The girls are so freaking cute ugh. Kasumin deserves infinite headpats.

So karin’s really invested in the Setsuna situation, I wonder why tho. Can’t wait for the OP to drop on Apple Music so I can learn it
Oct 10, 2020 8:12 AM

Jan 2019
@Jaces_Sanctum: I remrked this for the first episode. But in this episode I've started to get used with this. I would wish, the change of reality, when Kasumi started to sing, hadn't been so abruptly, but i am less confused by this than for the first episode, when Setsuna and Ayumu had their songs.

P.S.: I am more bothered about this big spoiler in the stinger :(
Oct 10, 2020 8:14 AM

Mar 2018
My girl KasuMeme she was lovely this episode
Oct 10, 2020 8:15 AM

Sep 2019
Hmm, Kasumin is really cute as well but my #1 is still Rina.
Oct 10, 2020 8:20 AM

Sep 2017
Kasumi's song was really good. Considering it + Ayumu's song, I love how they show each girls' URs and the initial SR outfit from All Stars.

The opening song itself didn't initially grab me, but the visuals are really nice. ED>OP right now (although i feel like every love live season's ED is better than the OP)

So Setsuna is next to be focused on? I would've thought it would be Shizuku since she's next in the initial order but I guess not

I don't play SIF but All Stars is doing special events for the anime! All last week they had a login bonus to get Ayumu memorial pieces and an Ayumu-focused scout. So starting today they'll do the same for Kasumi, and so on.
Oct 10, 2020 8:21 AM

Nov 2008
So far, Ayumu might be a bit too nervous to be an idol. I also didn't expect a conflict of ideals as a reason for the school idol club to break up.

Jaces_Sanctum said:
Am I the only one bothered by how the songs feel like a jarring music video interruption?

The MV style performances are a step up in well everything so far and Kasumi's sugary music video was slightly better than Ayumu's.

Oct 10, 2020 8:21 AM
Twincool~

Oct 2018
My goodness! That was a riot of an episode. Every one of Kasumi's actions was just spot on.
Oct 10, 2020 8:33 AM

Aug 2013
Honestly, I wasn't expecting Kasumi's song at the end. It took me by surprise but it was still good.

Now we know the reason why the club was disbanded.

Oct 10, 2020 8:42 AM
May 2020
Another amazing episode, the Niji girls are all great and I’m really enjoying seeing their anime come to life, the story in the anime is a complete step up from the story in game so far, excited for next week’s episode
Oct 10, 2020 8:45 AM

Jan 2015
Amazing episode

Yup, there's no denying that this spin off is superior in almost everything. Pacing is on point, visuals are great, CGI is jaw dropping, songs are fire, characters are super fun and the plot is entertaining.

Also, that after credit plot twist. I wasn't expecting Setsuna to be the seitokaichou.
I'm so excited for this one. Haven't played the game nor have heard any of the songs from the group, so I'm even more hyped.

So far, better than the original and sunshine

Kasumin is 100% cute and hilarious lmao, my favorite personality presented as of now. But I'm more interested in the pink haired girl
Oct 10, 2020 9:41 AM

Apr 2018
I love all of them so much :') Especially Ayumu, she's too adorable T__T

Kasumi's song was really good!!

THEY SHOWED RINA'S BOARD IN THE OP AAAWW <3
speaking of the OP, I love it way too much-

I can't wait for next week's episode<3
Oct 10, 2020 10:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice development for Kasumi now I expect more development for the other members of the band especially Rina and why she restricts herself to express her feelings
Oct 10, 2020 11:08 AM

Jul 2008
I'm sure someone pointed this out already but the first line Kasumi says in the episode is lyrics from the chorus to her song Wonderland. https://youtu.be/01kjQV-7fQQ?t=35
Oct 10, 2020 11:18 AM

Mar 2018
Tigerle said:
@Jaces_Sanctum: I remrked this for the first episode. But in this episode I've started to get used with this. I would wish, the change of reality, when Kasumi started to sing, hadn't been so abruptly, but i am less confused by this than for the first episode, when Setsuna and Ayumu had their songs.

P.S.: I am more bothered about this big spoiler in the stinger :(

This is my first Love Live, so I guess it's something I'll have to try to get used to. The sudden bursting into song just feels weird and out of place, and it's accentuated by the different animation style and large set pieces and costumes for these segments.
Oct 10, 2020 11:20 AM

Jan 2019
I just rewatched this episode and recognizes, that this little theft in the beginning was in fact a dióuble theft!

Here the prrof:

(Sorry, that this is my third post)
TigerleOct 10, 2020 1:17 PM
Oct 10, 2020 11:30 AM

Jan 2019
I'm sorry for Kasumin, but Ayumu is the cutest.

Great episode as usual. Is it my impression, or is this anime more musical than the others? I like it. Wasn't expecting that revelation at the end, but now the club's sudden closure makes more sense. I liked how Kasumin was introduced, it is important that the anime does not try to introduce all the characters at the same time and give enough screen time to each one. I have nothing to criticize, this is my anime of the season.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Oct 10, 2020 11:30 AM

Jan 2019
Nice episode. KasuKasu is quite an amusing character. She realized she was kind of forceful with her cute ideal upon Ayumu, which is the attitude she disliked from Setsuna. Glad to see she has some sort of self-awareness. I appreciate Yuu as a supporting character and acting as "the manager" too. Ayumu is a bundle of adorableness tho.

I'm not familiar with the game, but what I'm getting from this is that the club was focused on being idols as a group and they had conflicting ideas which made them disband. From what I've read the girls are solo idols, so I guess the solution is exactly that? Y'know, being able to maintain the club, but everyone has the creative freedom.

OP gives me previous LL OP vibes, so that's nice. Kasumin's song was nice too.
Oct 10, 2020 11:44 AM

Nov 2016
I think I migh've found my Nico replacement with Kasumin. Hyperactive in an entertaining way.

Really enjoyed the episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 10, 2020 1:14 PM

Nov 2008
So it looks like each new episode will focus on one of the girls, i like this pacing. Kasumi is a cheeky little shit, but with that kind of character she cannot avoid being compared to Nico of µ's and the comparison is not in her favor. Can't help but think of her as bootleg Nico, sorry Kasumi fans. Also surprised to see people here being surprised about reveal that student council president is Setsuna. I thought it was obvious if you just look at the two.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Oct 10, 2020 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
I really like Kasumi, she is super confident of herself and realizes what she did wrong to other people. She might surprass Nico characteristically.

Also Karin, she is sharp as hell and reminds me of Nozomi. An unique girl but still underrated in terms of popularity :(
Oct 10, 2020 2:51 PM

Jul 2012
Another really good episode. To be honest, I wasn't that fond of Kasumi at first. She definitely reminds me of Nico Yazawa in several ways but she grew on me. She became confident in herself, and I like her song "Poppin' Up!". Also, Ayumu making a bun intro by putting her hands on her head is so cute!
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Oct 10, 2020 2:52 PM

Sep 2016
Okay, I don't know a lot about Love Live, but I've seen fanart of yandere Ayumu. So, you better watch your back KasuKasu.

Oct 10, 2020 3:14 PM
Nov 2017
I love the 360 ​​degree turn that the franchise has given, I am getting excited with each chapter, I did not expect that post-credit ending.

Kasumi kawaii power ✨
Oct 10, 2020 4:43 PM

Jul 2016
This episode sure had a good amount of meme-able faces and most of them came from the same girl xD

Nice episode overall. Kasumi is on the thin line between being endearing or too annoying but I like her so far and the fact that she realized on her own about her hypocritical attitude towards Ayumu gave her character some really good points as well.

So Setsuna is the "too passionate" kind of Idol, uh? Well, I can see something like that being a problem in a numerous group full of different personalities so having the Idol group breaking up due to a clash of ideals actually makes sense.
As for the "plot-twist" at the end... not gonna lie, now I feel kinda stupid for not noticing that Setsuna and Seitokaichou~ were the same person...
Oct 10, 2020 4:49 PM
May 2020
This episode so cute because i can see Ayumu-pyon🐰 again and excited to waiting Setsuna🔥
Oct 10, 2020 5:37 PM
Jul 2020
Very different type of exposition of character's inner conflicts this time around in love live! Liking it a lot so far.

Kasumi reminds me of Nico a little bit, very cute episode.
Oct 10, 2020 7:54 PM

Apr 2017
Ayumu-pyon take my whole attention in this eps xd, also love the OP
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Oct 10, 2020 8:17 PM

Jan 2011
ah yes there's the overbearing cute type it's always the first years lol ,Ayumu showing you can be cute by simply being yourself like a true idol

i will give Kasumi that she seems self aware of her issues if all the girls get proper inner conflicts instead of being one off notes i can see myself enjoying this group a lot

also now 99% expecting a MV for each new member
Oct 10, 2020 8:34 PM

Mar 2012
I'm glad they went much more in depth with the club breaking apart compared to what was introduced in the All Stars game. I was fine with Kasumi before, but this really felt like it built her character in a way I can understand better.

Really loving the direction this anime has gone so far!
Oct 10, 2020 9:58 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013

Ayumu-bunny pyon, must protect that smile.

Yuu also look very interested when she does pyon-pyon.
Oct 11, 2020 2:30 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
These episode explained some mystery, finally. Such as the reason behind the disbandment of the club, its actually pretty simple. Girls really had a complex manner there, by putting all of that squabbling into a real problems, and put them in a cold war, long hiatuses, and ended up with the disbandment. Setsuna, a mysterious girl that clever enough to hide her own identity, having so much sensitivity like that, must be hard for her. Kasumin, mostly, reminds me much with Niko characteristic at her first appearance, quite arrogant with her own definition of cuteness without thinking about the others feeling and created a gap to the groups that led them into a long-ass trouble. Unfortunately, with the time skip happened, their problem seemed unresolved, until Ayumu and Yuu arrived and realizing Kasumin of her damn mistake. Gladly she was not holds up any shyness, so in the end, she easily came up realized her own mistake. Will they make up again in the next episode and reform the club? The chance already to be expected, by the looked at the end credit, revealing the former member knewing the true identity of the student council president. She got busted!
So, yeah, the plot really unique and made me interesting to follow whats goin on in the next one. Especially with the last two members, at the cat scenes. How did they join? Etc, etc. Lol. Lets see...

Also, Kasumin solo was awesome, and Ayumu cute scenes, with that Pyon style, surely the best scene for me. Unfortunately she kept the formal introduction at the end which was making me sad for a while. The interaction seemed smooth, and i already attached with the storyline very easily. So, yeah, once again, let me see how well the next episode holding up the feeling with an unresolved problem.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 11, 2020 2:47 AM
Sep 2020
Kasumi's personality is very similar to Nico-nii, it feels like I got deja vu.
and the plot twist at the end, really surprising me ... yes, I haven't play all stars thought
Oct 11, 2020 7:05 AM

Jul 2017
Kasumeme's solo was great, I can't wait to get all the songs for this anime. The op was also good. Yuu is building up her harem slowly. The real MVP here is Karin, she made Ayumu realize her wants on being a school idoru, and it seems in the preview that she looked up for Setsuna-chan in the records.(We all knew the fact already though lmao)

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Oct 11, 2020 7:06 AM

Feb 2011
With how little of a spoiler it actually is (in SIFAS, it was revealed at the end of the first chapter, which is more a prologue than anything), I'm glad that Setsuna's true identity was revealed so early. Drawing it out much longer would have been a dumb farce, even considering that the anime expands the first chapter into a real story.

Really, Rina's face is more of a spoiler than Setsuna's identity and the anime shows it right away.

Oct 11, 2020 7:30 AM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
Yet another cute episode. Kasumin is not my favourite girl, but I still love all of them and glad to see how the club is getting more members. I also enjoy the fact that they changed the plot compared to the game, makes it more interesting to follow.

And even more of Ayumu cute moment in this episode, this girl melts my heart.

Oct 11, 2020 7:35 AM
Jul 2020
Yes Watched the live stream and rewatched for the sub version
Finally next episode is best girl Setsuna's time
YuuXAyumu
KasuKasu is always cute
Overall like it, love it
Oct 11, 2020 7:37 AM

Jul 2014
I didn't like Kasumi from the little glimpse we got of her last week, but this episode considerably improved my opinion of her. She's cute, she's fun and she's just very entertaining to watch no matter what she's doing. Her song was a fun one as well and the visuals once again enhanced it greatly.

At this pacing, I think it's already fairly clear that this is going to get a second cour unless they rush things, as even by Love Live standards this is very slow in getting the group together.
Oct 11, 2020 6:46 PM

Feb 2018
Atavistic said:

At this pacing, I think it's already fairly clear that this is going to get a second cour unless they rush things, as even by Love Live standards this is very slow in getting the group together.

We know it will get 2nd season or maybe movie like u's and Aqours, give more time to build up Love Live Superstar!!! 4th group on franchise
Oct 11, 2020 6:48 PM

Feb 2018
didn't know i need the gangs on suit

Oct 12, 2020 7:16 AM

Oct 2017
Prez is 100% Yuki Setsuna.

Kasumin is kinda annoying, can't follow others ideals but pushing her own on others. Well she atleast realised it.
Oct 12, 2020 10:47 AM
May 2016
every group has to have a Nico, and I'm fine with that
Oct 12, 2020 11:50 PM

Oct 2007
Kasumi introduction episode. She has a really cute voice, that makes me smile and laugh while watching this.

yeah, it's never good to force others.. just let them do their thing.
Oct 12, 2020 11:51 PM
Jul 2018
I liked what they did with Kasumi. They let her be hypocrite and let her realize what she did was wrong. It helped give her a better understanding on Setsuna's thought process.

My problem with some of the Love Live! girls is that they can come off as too perfect at times, so it was refreshing to see one of the idols make a human-like mistake.

Ayumu's bun thing reminds me of Umi's Love Arrow Shoot. They're both shy about it too.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2020

66 by Sommernacht »»
May 12, 4:41 AM

» Better than Sunshine?

Kayroad - Dec 23, 2023

14 by Otakupervert890 »»
Apr 8, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

54 by youchl »»
Mar 11, 1:48 PM

» What character is the center?

Kayroad - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Amranhakim8 »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

NV2301 - Dec 26, 2020

99 by Desaturate »»
Nov 5, 2023 7:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.