Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2019 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hyuuga is so tough in this show, it's scary. When he tries, I find him to be one of the most dangerous players on the field. He has great agility, control, and power in his kicks.

The shot he took shaped like a tiger as it scored the goal. So impressive. I almost feel bad for the goalie.

They need Tsubasa's leadership and teamwork more than ever now.

Mar 4, 2019 9:06 AM

Nov 2007
Hyuga guy vs. Tsubasa even though both team have injured members.

Tsubasa w. his injured leg preventing him... Hyuga guy's leg is strong. He got another point.

The coach that taught Wakabayashi said Tsubasa team will not win, but Tsubasa not giving up. Hyuga guy also going for offense. Wakashimazu guy's father notices, too.

Hyuga guy got another point. Tsubasa's team start to give up, but Tsubasa encouraged them.

Tsubasa using Hyuga guy's tiger shoot to drive shoot while blocking it!! He got it.

Both injured members are in limit. Tsubasa's team vs. Hyuga guy's team continues without Tsubasa w. one point losing.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 4, 2019 7:55 PM

Dec 2015
No matter how exaggerated all of that is, it's incredibly exciting ! Hyûga's presence alone makes any Cpt.Tsubasa episode great. And the Tiger Shots get various scenes, perfect !

Great counter shot from Tsubasa too ! I remembered the heel dribble to be pretty rare, nice to see it again here. Even if it's hard to have a thing for the hero, he's still impressive on the field.

5/5 Well, based on the title, I thought this would see the end of the final but looks like it isn't.

@FMmatron I'm glad too. I always wanted to like this despite my hate for anything around revolving sports but it was way too stretched and always felt worse than even DBZ in that regard. (im'm not talking from a "modern" viewpoint, I was only 3-10years old back then). In the end, I watched most of it absent-minded while waiting for Orange Road, DB, St Seiya, Ranma & many others in those years. But I already knew that Hyûga was great.
My fanatism for the character became even stronger (and I learned to like some others) once we played through all the Nintendo games with my brothers (FC, SFC) and since then, I never got the chance to revisit the story (the french version is non-edible, I had problems with the names in the german version, the 2002 series was mistreated in french too, etc).
I am only disatisfied with the level of movements in this current TV series.

Sorry for all this blabla.

PS: were'nt we supposed to see Schneider and some other euiropean players during this tournament by the way?
Rei_IIIMar 6, 2019 12:27 PM
Mar 5, 2019 12:23 AM
Dec 2018
Hyuga and his team are dominating the first half of the match, but it's really too early to proclaim a winner.

Tsubasa will never give up and his team-mates do their best to support him.

But the title of the episode is really ... damn Takahashi-sensei, I didn't remember that you did something like this!

You must never proclaim a winner before the end of a match!
Sanae28Mar 5, 2019 1:15 AM
Mar 5, 2019 12:37 PM

Oct 2015
That heel trick Tsubasa tried against Hyuga reminds me of my childhood. I remember I kept trying to do it as a kid, a lot, and I managed to learn it. I'm not good at football, hardly ever play it, but I still know that one trick, because of this show. Obviously, not while doing a full-sprint, but it's... something, I guess? That's a good piece of nostalgia.

Is there anyone else here who managed to learn a trick from this anime? Obviously not looking for net-ripping, wall-destroyer tiger shots, just wondering if anyone's been inspired or something like that.

As for the title, it feels like a "click-bait". That title seems such a bad choice. Other than that, great episode.

I thought Tsubasa would collapse while countering the tiger shot, not afterwards.

I don't remember much from later series, but if 12-13 years olds are capable of ripping nets, piercing walls, I'd expect them to be even more brutal in later series, which they were not, probably. That counter-shot was shounen at its best, very hype.

Mar 5, 2019 8:08 PM

Mar 2014
Damn, that drive shot BROKE THE WALL!!! Geez, they are 13 years old kiddos Still it was totally unexpected and awesome!

Pretty intense episode, I really love the attitude of both Tsubasa and Hyuga, each one giving their best.

Mar 6, 2019 1:39 AM
Jun 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hyuuga is so tough in this show, it's scary. When he tries, I find him to be one of the most dangerous players on the field. He has great agility, control, and power in his kicks.

The shot he took shaped like a tiger as it scored the goal. So impressive. I almost feel bad for the goalie.

They need Tsubasa's leadership and teamwork more than ever now.

Fully agree with you on this. Hyuga was tough as nails in the old version of the anime, but perhaps it's the fact that in this version they've given him reddish eyes which make him look like a demon sometimes, but he definitely feels a lot more dangerous than before, and considering how dangerous he was, that is saying something.

That aside, I've always been of the opinion that of all the players, Hyuga is definitely the best in terms of sheer strength and physique and this, coupled with his super extra intense attitude make him really scary.

As I rewatch this version of the anime makes me think that it was a real pity that Tsubasa was so badly injured coming into this game. I felt a little cheated we never got a Hyuga vs Tsubasa with both players in full strength as in my opinion, it would have been an even more epic battle.

Anyway, I can't wait to watch the final 4 episodes. It's going to be awesome!
Mar 6, 2019 11:30 AM

Nov 2016
Drilling the ball into a massive wall. I remember how amazed I was by this as a child.

Rei366 said:
No matter how exaggerated all of that is, it's incredibly exciting ! Hyûga's presence alone makes any Cpt.Tsubasa episode great. And the Tiger Shots get various scenes, perfect !

Great counter shot from Tsubasa too ! I remembered the heel dribble to be pretty rare, nice to see it again here. Even if it's hard to have a thing for the hero, he's still impressive on the field.

5/5 Well, based on the title, I thought this would see the end of the final but looks like it isn't.

Great to see that you're also having fun with this adaptation :D

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 6, 2019 1:00 PM

Nov 2016
@Rei366

Your story allowed me to get a better understanding of the situation, so no need to apologize hehe. And yeah, I can see what you mean with movements, but David Pro still exceels at making it pretty hype with it's eccentric style imoJoJo as well

And if I remember correctly based on the 2002 series, Schneider is with the FC Grunwald in Germany. He had his official debut as part of the preparation for the U-16 World Cup where the Japanese selection played against FC Grunwald and I think we also saw him one time before practicing with Wakabayashi.

The 1983 handled it slightly different and the Japanese met most European starplayers, including Schneider within the same episode before the tournament started.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 13, 2019 4:55 PM

Jan 2013
You CANNOT tell me that strike to the throat shit Ken did to Ishizaki ain't a penalty. The referees in this sports anime are inexistent
Apr 8, 2019 11:45 AM

Jul 2016
Wow, the tension was almost palpable during this episode... well, until Tsubasa got that "power up" to counter Hyuuga's "unstoppable" Tiger Shot while being injured. That aside, it was a very entertaining episode.
Jan 5, 2021 3:42 PM

Dec 2007
honestly, the dramatic BGM of the anime could have been changed for the better to make the match more dramatic, but they keep with this tech BGM which doesn't deliver the match well at all.

as i was expecting from hyoga - you broke my tiger shot with drive shot, i will break your drive shot with tiger shot ><
Oct 29, 2022 5:04 PM

Aug 2019
His shot literally destroyed concrete? Jesus Christ.

Isn't Tsubasa supposed to be injured, and he’s somehow capable of such destructive shots lmao?

It was a cool counter shot, though. It had extra power because of the tiger Shot.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2018

9 by Laughingking27 »»
May 17, 3:18 PM

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2018

49 by thepath »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.