Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2019 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hyuuga is still such a badass, even when he's not playing soccer.

Looks like this episode is setting up for another match soon. Hopefully the physical and mental conditions of the players will be in top shape, especially Tsubasa's team. They look like they have a new aura of confidence.
Feb 18, 2019 9:05 AM

Nov 2007
Tsubasa's team got official uniform.

Thought so, that coach wrote a letter to ask the current coach to let Hyuga guy to attend the final game. The team was also going to ask the same thing or ..., Hyuga guy asked, too, in the name of challenging him. He gave him chance by challenging against the three key players without Hyuga guy. That shot he learned got the coach to agree on letting him in. The coach asked to resign, though.

The doctor not letting Tsubasa participate for his injury, but Tsubasa still want to participate.

#10 player from the last game also came to watch the game. He said he was satisfied with his game against Tsubasa.

That coach also came to ask again, without knowing their decision.

The audiences are excited about both Tsubasa (still) and Hyuga guy (finally) participating.

Wow, there are few people participating with a thought of thinking it as final game (leaving after this). Not just them, but also that Wakashimazu guy is also danger of not being able to play soccer again.

Hyuga guy almost got it because it got the side, but it surprised Tsubasa team and the ball got broken.

ED w. Hyuga guy ver.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 18, 2019 3:32 PM

May 2016
Hyuga the true mvp. My favorite character of the show. Finally we have his come-back !!!
Feb 18, 2019 8:57 PM

Jul 2016
Oh man, what a great build up episode this was, I was really excited to see the start of the match and that demonstration of Hyuuga's power didn't disappoint me at all.

I also have to say that I truly admire the loyalty all of Toho's players have towards Hyuuga, I really like the bond they all share. Unfortunately, everything says that Nankatsu will end up winning the competition for the third time in a row, which is a real shame, personally speaking. In all honesty, during these 46 episodes, I've always felt more empathy for the other teams rather than for Nankatsu.

That said, I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

P.S.: Sanae would definitely be a better mother than Tsubasa's. At least, she would show more concern about the possibility of her child not being able to play soccer for the rest of his life... honestly, I still can't fully understand some parents in this series.
Feb 19, 2019 12:09 AM
Dec 2018
Finally Hyuga will play again and also Tsubasa will play, even he has a lot of problems again and Sanae worries about this.

The moment of the final has arrived: Nankatsu vs Toho.

This will the last match for Tsubasa in Japan with his team, because, after graduation, he will go to Brazil to Roberto.

Lol that little scene of Furano and Matsuyama.

Even Matsuyama knows that Jun and Yayoi are lucky, beacuse they can stay always together.

Hyuga's shot is always stronger.

It's nice to watch 'CT', because it seems to watch real matches on TV.

Feb 19, 2019 1:56 PM

Mar 2014
Those kicks are achieving pretty high DBZ levels of power!

I can't wait for the match next week!
Feb 21, 2019 9:24 AM
Mar 2016
Really like the coach-student relationship between Hyuga and Kira!
Feb 21, 2019 9:59 AM
Sep 2015
Tsubasa has injured so much, to balance things out, Toho get many death flags such as Hyuga's resignation letter, Wakashimazu's dad will make him stop playing football if he lose, and the first failed Tiger shot.
Feb 21, 2019 11:16 AM

Oct 2015
I am not exactly the fan of the drama here. So much begging in a single episode, but it's also part of shonen, I guess. For a build-up episode it wasn't bad, especially the last few minutes of the episode. I thought it'd end with the whistle that the game starts, but we got a good look at the tiger shot.
The last episodes are gonna be epic, hopefully.
Feb 21, 2019 12:23 PM

Nov 2016
Damn, bring on the hype.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 22, 2019 2:15 PM

Aug 2014
what is the name of the cute girl that likes him that outside of the hospital?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 22, 2019 11:38 PM
Dec 2018
Mezo-RPWPA said:
what is the name of the cute girl that likes him that outside of the hospital?

Her name is Kumi Sugimoto.
Feb 23, 2019 10:10 PM
Jun 2013
Hyuga is really badass,that was a hell of a shot.
Mar 2, 2019 12:10 AM

Dec 2015
Great episode, great choice for the last minute... but I'm disappointed that the Tiger Shot is already resorting to stock footage, no matter how much the scene shows the makers love for the technique.

5/5

Isn't this match the one with all the drama about Tsubasa using yet another Drive Shoot and risking "losing" his leg?

Joycdonnell said:
Those kicks are achieving pretty high DBZ levels of power!!

Inazuma shows DBZ levels. Tsubasa is more "down to earth" with its DB-level techniques.
Mar 2, 2019 8:47 AM

Mar 2014
Rei366 said:
Inazuma shows DBZ levels. Tsubasa is more "down to earth" with its DB-level techniques.

I consider Inazuma Eleven to be similar to JoJos because every player has unique "superpowers" (even are some bizarres ones like "summoning" a drill or a bunch of players creating a literal stone wall). Meanwhile DBZ is very limited to pretty similar -but powerful- ki energy attacks, like right now with the Tiger/Drive shot in Captain Tsubasa.
Jul 4, 2020 6:21 AM

Jan 2017
that tiger shoot was insane! it's even more impressive than the drive shoot.

imo there are several reasons why toho should win the tournament, but i highly doubt that's gonna happen.
Jan 5, 2021 2:48 PM

Dec 2007
and of course hyoga going to start with that shot...

i wish that toho would swept tsubasa's smile, even if they are not gonna win.
Oct 29, 2022 4:47 PM

Aug 2019
Tsubasa will go to any length to play in the finals. When Hyuga almost punched the coach, I lost it.

Hyuga's shot was so powerful that the ball blew up.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2018

9 by Laughingking27 »»
May 17, 3:18 PM

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2018

49 by thepath »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.