Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2019 9:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh, I don't think trying to slide and take the ball from the bigger guys is a good idea. They're just too physically tough.

A pretty rough episode again with the gameplay. Even saw a bit of blood! Now I do like Tsubasa's team for making a counterattack and not giving up. This match has just been so intense that it's been one of the most impactful ones I've seen in this series.

My favorite moment is when the ball hit right against one of the guys' chest into the goalpost
Jan 21, 2019 9:22 AM

Nov 2007
He is successful this time. Wow, not just once, but twice!

The reporter who noticed Hyuga guy's shot named it Tiger shoot.

That made tall guy to return, but with Tsubasa returns with his instruction, goalie blocked it. The enemy captain also sacrificed himself to block Tsubasa's shot. That long hair guy also went for blocking it.

But it seems like the doctor thinks it's limit.

After several shoot and blocking while going towards the goal, it got in with that tall guy getting pushing it.

Tsubasa did fell like the doctor predicted.

Long hair guy is also getting serious and showed his eyes.

The people other than the main players are getting serious, too.

Long hair guy's overhead kick blocked by Tsubasa.

Serious fight between captains. Tsubasa, though already at limit and passed to his teammates with visions of the three not in Japan, and got the point.

One more min, and they protected the win.

At least the captain of enemy team has a goal of defeating Tsubasa again and decided to not give up soccer.

Judging from the title, it's Hyuga guy's team's turn next?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 23, 2019 11:05 AM
Dec 2018
Tsubasa with his 'drive shot' aka 'eagle shot' has marked three goals, even if the goal of victory of Nankatsu has marked by the 'silver duo' of Nankatsu, Taki and Kisugi.

It's nice to see Sano's eyes, like in the in the original version of the anime.

Jito and Sano are a great duo, but they can't win alone.

Let's go to the semi-finals!
Jan 24, 2019 4:03 AM

Oct 2015
It was a really enjoyable episode.

For some reason this episode made me laugh quite a few times. Tsubasa spamming his drive shot reminded me of fighting games when you just keep using the same combo against your opponent. Especially when the long-haired dude blocked it, then Tsubasa kept spamming his combo into the big guy until he was pushed into the goal. Ridiculous, but enjoyable!

The last goal was expectable to be a team-effort. I thought this was supposed to be the last match before the final match, but apparently there's still 2 teams to beat, luckily.

Tsubasa is getting quite injured. veeery injured, and he still has 2 matches to go, and judging by the OP (and remembering some stuff from the original), he'll really have to keep pushing those injuries to win.
Jan 24, 2019 3:50 PM

Jul 2016
Geez, what a way to spam "draivu shutos" xD

It was an OK episode. I'm glad this match is over. Honestly, it was starting to get a bit annoying since Jito isn't of my favorite characters and not to mention that the way he was talking as if he had been in a thousand battles was really tiring to hear.

Anyways, at least that's over and on a side note, I'm really happy for my boys, Taki and Kisugi. They did a great job with the forth goal. As I've said before, I really enjoy the moments when the goals are scored by other players besides Tsubasa.

All in all, the last four teams are established and now it's time to see Toho Vs. Furano. Really looking forward to it.
Jan 24, 2019 11:36 PM
Dec 2018
The two semi-finals probably will be:

Meiwa vs Toho

Furano vs Nankatsu

The boys of the Meiwa seem to want to take revenge with their ex-teammates.
Jan 26, 2019 8:09 AM

Jul 2017
Decent episode but the spam of Drive Shots was a bit annoying. Especially since it's a new killer shot.
Feb 4, 2019 6:20 PM

Dec 2014
Hah, the Drive Shot spam. If you thought this spam was too much, just wait. XD

This episode was more like watching a battle shounen than a sports shounen. xD
Feb 25, 2019 10:49 PM

Dec 2015
I had forgotten how too much Drive Shoot could annoy me.

3/5
Jul 2, 2020 5:34 AM

Jan 2017
tsubasa has too much plot armor. this dude could break his legs and he'd still be running on the field while spaming drive shoots xD
Jan 3, 2021 3:54 PM

Dec 2007
great episode, tsubasa finally mastered that shot, though i find this match more a battle than football xD
Oct 28, 2022 3:24 PM

Aug 2019
Tsubasa's technique destroyed him multiple times.

And Tsubasa is a beast; he didn't care that he was severely injured during the match, or that he wasn't supposed to use his technique more than once, as his doctor advised.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2018

9 by Laughingking27 »»
May 17, 3:18 PM

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2018

49 by thepath »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.