Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2019 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, that's brutal. Some players on the field using their brute force to try and win...

Anyone who is physically dominant in soccer has an advantage here and one of the strikes this episode felt like a rocket launching. In reality, these type of players always exist and tbh, I think it's poor sportsmanship.

Tsubasa's team faced off against opponents with attitudes and imo, this was a really tough match. Might be my favorite episode of this arc so far.
Jan 14, 2019 9:05 AM

Nov 2007
It was a trick for the front 3 to be away and shoot changing shot...

That huge guy is strong and fast.

Long hair guy is also fast, and waits for that huge guy to come.

The enemy team got 2 points fast.

They only release their true skills in front of strong teams. That's why they always won with 1:0.

They are also strong with defense, so that they don't allow Tsubasa team to get a point.

The enemy team is like Hyuga when he was elementary school. The huge guy injured few players.

The long hair guy was used for final blow of first half, when goalie went off guard.

Tsubasa seeing the three he was thinking when he went unconscious. Robert reminds him of the drive shoot.

That huge guy was only looking for a player stronger than him so that he can be serious...

I hope Tsubasa's drive shoot can be successful this time.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 14, 2019 1:50 PM

May 2016
But where is the referee ? In a real match, there would be several fouls.
Jan 14, 2019 11:44 PM

Jan 2016
It was a tough first half for Nankatsu, especially Tsubasa. Can't wait for Tsubasa's first successful drive shoot soon.
Life is strange

Jan 15, 2019 12:52 AM
Dec 2018
It seems that there's a new duo in 'CT': Jito and Sano.

So, after:

- Tsubasa and Taro aka 'the golden combi'
- the acrobatic Tachibana twins
- Hyuga and Sawada

I think it would be really interesting to see all these players play together, maybe in a national team.

Damn, Gito is like a truck that has swept across the Nankatsu, but, 'Captain Tsubasa', is back and the real match starts now.

Tsubasa-kun isn't alone and can use the drive shot.

Ikke Nankatsu!
Jan 15, 2019 10:07 AM

Nov 2013
Sadly they didn't show Jito's full backstory, otherwise good episode.
Drive Shot hype now again.
Jan 16, 2019 3:46 PM

Jul 2016
Pretty intense match although it's a bit funny how it's necessary a guy (14/15 years old) of 1,80 Mts. and 85 Kg. to cause serious troubles to Nankatsu.

But that aside, it was a very enjoyable episode. Especially, I found the confrontation between Jito and Takasugi rather powerful. Too bad the later couldn't even stop him.

Being 0:3 in the score is really bad, emotionally speaking but since it's obvious the dream won't end here, I'm really curious about how Tsubasa and co. will manage to win, considering some of them aren't physically at 100%. That said, I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 17, 2019 8:03 AM

Oct 2015
This episode seemed rather annoying to me. 1-sided, just because in Captain Tsubasa referees are only there if someone's basically dying. Though if I remember correctly it'll be more brutal later.

At least they already hinted that Tsubasa will turn the table.

Tsubasa's first successful drive shot? And here I already thought that he's already managed to do it a few times. I know he failed many times, I just thought he already managed to achieve at least one goal using his drive shot.
Jan 17, 2019 9:49 PM

Aug 2014
Damn this bitch playing football while the others are playing football.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 19, 2019 10:35 PM
Jan 2016
0-3 down, haha, it's not impossible to comeback, man...remember Istanbul 2005 Liverpool vs Milan, I'm Milanisti but I must admit that it's a football miracle...and what the hell ref, Jito had fouled Tsubasa so many times...
Feb 4, 2019 5:55 PM

Dec 2014
I generally dislike this match because of how rough Jito is. I realize it's too late to complain since I've already seen the original and know that Captain Tsubasa was never about football rules but I guess after growing up and learning what an actual game is like, it's kinda hard to watch when it's so obvious that it's foul play.

Also, the first goal should have never been scored. How did no one notice Sano running towards the ball, sometimes Nankatsu(Middle School team only) just don't do anything. xD
Feb 24, 2019 10:50 PM

Dec 2015
Stumbled upon a weird english fansub with some translation errors (despite the professional foreign translations available) who adapted the Drive Shoot into a "dead leaf" when it's already english in the text...

3/5 Too, too, tooooo many stills for any kind of (non-)action.
A slideshow would often be better.

August 18, 2022
@Estefan I can't find any old episode right now, but after some research it seems that it was the "translation" for the Drive Shoot in "Olive et Tom" back then. Since the french dub of the new adaptation targeted nostalgic fans (at least in France), it seems logic they kept those (stupid) names.
(I hated the show as a kid, thus my limited memories from it.)
Rei_IIIAug 18, 2022 4:06 AM
Aug 5, 2019 4:58 PM

Jan 2019
That referee lol

I love Sano
Jan 3, 2021 3:06 PM

Dec 2007
once again i'm confused with tsubasa's "specialness", he confronted hyoga couple of times and he still cannot run through someone with brutal force?

never the less, the continuation of this game going to be interesting.

and from some reason the all name of the drive shoot in the translation in this ep changed o_o
with couple of other big mistranslations.
Aug 12, 2022 9:06 AM

Dec 2015
Rei_III said:
Stumbled upon a weird english fansub with some translation errors (despite the professional foreign translations available) who adapted the Drive Shoot into a "dead leaf" when it's already english in the text...

I am watching the French version, and there they call that special shot "feuille morte", which would be "dead leaf" in English. I have never heard of "feuille morte" or "dead leaf" before, so I do not know if these expressions exist.
@Rei_III I knew the older Tsubasa versions existed, but the 2018 show is the first one I watched. So the Tsubasa franchise has its own specific expressions. Thank you for the research.

I know it is pointless to think about physics during this kind of show, but somehow I can't stop myself, and I was thinking about the question if rotation can actually influence the trajectory of a ball. Actually, it seems to be possible, due to the influence of the air. Some calculations here: https://www1.grc.nasa.gov/beginners-guide-to-aeronautics/curveball-trajectory/ (I think that can be applied to any ball). I do not know from experience if it is true, because I never managed to apply such a rotation to a ball like it happens in this series.
Even more simple movements like taking a posture like Tsubasa does before shooting were impossible to imitate when I tried it. He lifts is back foot to the rear so far and stands somewhat angled... I do not know how this is possible while keeping the balance.

But uh well it is fiction. As long as it looks cool, it is OK I guess.
EstefanAug 19, 2022 6:30 AM
Oct 27, 2022 7:11 PM

Aug 2019
The goalkeeper was murder bro. Bro that isn’t marking? That’s was a foul. He intentionally targeted his injured side. How many players like that exist in here.

The whole game was foul play.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2018

9 by Laughingking27 »»
May 17, 3:18 PM

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2018

49 by thepath »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.