Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2018 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, the look on Hyuuga's face looks like he was fighting for his life out there. No surprise considering the high stake match.

I wonder if he really hit his limit though as I've never seen him this intense before. So far, I think this was the most intense match of the series. I wasn't even sure who to root for. Tsubasa and his team obviously also knew the competition they were up against.

Sep 24, 2018 10:06 AM

Nov 2007
The enemy goalie is strong.

Misaki, already at limit, sacrificed himself and passed to Tsubasa. His overhead kick is not straight and and that goalie allowed the ball to get in, but too late for time's up and the judge not approved for goal in.

Both guys thinking about when they won. After struggle, Hyuga guy and that fourth grader are stronger. The game ends with Wakabayashi protecting the ball.

It seems like a lady came to visit and happy to see Misaki (his mother?).

Raining after being so hot for so long to cool down. Taking a break and thinking they need to win.

Wakabayashi suggesting the golden combi to take break and let enemy team to attack first half. Enemy goalie figured out their plan when Wakabayashi is at limit. Still, he protected the goal from enemy goalie's kick.

25:50 next.

Two more eps. until elementary arc ends (October 15 starts the junior high arc).
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/300941
tsubasaloverSep 25, 2018 12:25 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 24, 2018 1:30 PM
Jun 2015
The anime does not pay attention to the football rules :D
I know its a Anime, but why is the fucker canceling the goal ...
Sep 25, 2018 12:54 PM

Nov 2013
Lol, in the part that Tsubasa is dribbling and an drawing of Brazil appears they drew it wrong, without the southern most state. They never draw Brazil right in the series, even in the manga it's always in some bizarre shapes. I love it.

AngelNine said:

The ref just want us to enjoy a dramatic finale lol.

What i find more weird are those insane amounts of extra times, i didn't quite get it.
Sep 25, 2018 12:59 PM

Nov 2016
AngelNine said:

Lol, that annoyed me a little bit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 25, 2018 2:26 PM

Nov 2017
AngelNine said:

And why doesn't he give red cards to the 4 (!?) Meiwa players that destroyed Misaki's leg? Maybe I really don't understand football rules XD
Sep 25, 2018 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
Honestly, if it were me, i'd just drag these Meiwa fuckheads out of the pitch and throw them into a garbage can, that's where they belong with this style of play. The referee too, fuck that blockhead.

Great defense Nankatsu. They shut down any attempt of these anything-but-soccer-players of Meiwa.

Can they also stop with this whole Hyuga family thing already? I get it, Hyuga needs to use his beastly and American football skills in order to win this match to feed his little brothers, but no need to show them little shits cheering on every time

Gagui79 said:
AngelNine said:

And why doesn't he give red cards to the 4 (!?) Meiwa players that destroyed Misaki's leg? Maybe I really don't understand football rules XD

CT is not exactly the best soccer anime if you want them to follow the rules. It's intentionally done by the author I think. it's bullshit yes, but kinda more fun this way. Not with this fucking Meiwa team tho.
Sep 25, 2018 6:07 PM

Jul 2017
The cancelling of the goal was pretty dumb and kinda ruined the incredible match for me, but I'd still call it a very good episode, but flawed episode.
Sep 26, 2018 3:56 AM

Jan 2016
The horrible match continues, in this weeks episode:

1.A cunt ref blows the whistle when the ball is about to go into the net so that we can enjoy 30 extra minutes of our injured bois playing at the risk of never playing football again.

2. Misaki can't stand up because of his injuries and what do the gallant defenders of Meiwa FC do? They all go in for a slide tackle and end up hurting him even more, the ref stays quiet!

Don't get me wrong, I love Captain Tsubasa. But this match is horrendous.
Sep 26, 2018 5:56 AM

Dec 2016
I'm having a completely different image of this match, compared to the first time I watch it when I was little.

In fact, cancelling the goal was ridiculous in my opinion. Soccer isn't a basketball game... And the successive tackles of Meiwa's defenders were ridiculous too.

I'm a big fan of this series, I read all the manga and I'm loving this new remake, and everything that's happening is just for fun, to make this match more interesting. But there are something that makes me feel very fustrated.

I love Meiwa, and Kojiro was my favorite childhood character, but the only character I find likeable now is their goalkeeper (I always liked him, anyway. And his shoot at the end? OMG, perfect!). I don't know, I'm feeling something different that I didn't feel in the past about this match.

But I loved the episode as always, and I'm very hyped for the next arc!
TheBloodyMondaySep 26, 2018 8:06 AM
Sep 26, 2018 6:58 AM

Dec 2014
Well, Captain Tsubasa has never payed attention to the actual rules of football so it really isn't worth complaining about at this point. It is a little annoying that Tsubasa's goal was ruled out and the tackle on Misaki was horrendous.

Nankatsu defense actually stepped up big time in the second half of the episode which was nice.
Genzou stole the show, fantastic keeping from him. Wakashimazu was really cool too.
Sep 26, 2018 10:53 AM
Jan 2016
AngelNine said:

True, i was wondering about that!

Btw, I dont remember how it will finish, but have been an intense game, i am hyped to know who will win, and which one will be chosen for Toho academy!
Sep 26, 2018 2:02 PM

Mar 2013
As long as we can ignore all common sense about football rules it's fine

4 guys sliding tackling a guy in the floor and hitting him? no biggie.. not even fault
Finishing the 1st time of overtime while the ball is mid air towards the goal? who cares

Sep 27, 2018 2:50 PM

Jan 2014
Terrible bad show, it started 'fine'(6/10) but got more and more ridicules to me. The football aspect of this series is beyond silly and to the point of frustrating to watch. Sliding 'karate-kick'(spikes first) tackles are perfectly fine as long as you manages to hit the ball, ...before hitting/clashing with your opponent are just one of many bad examples. In the real world there would have been handed out +20 yellow & +10 red cards and various players would end up banned from playing any further matches lol...
After much fast forwarding the latest +10eps i'm dropping this here, 4/10
Sep 28, 2018 9:18 AM

May 2015
So it's ok when like 3/4 guys tackle and hit an injured player? I know it's just a serie, but the ref could least give them a yellow card.

That aside, the episode was really intense! I bet they'll win with that combined attack of Tsubasa and Misaki, would be really cool!
Sep 28, 2018 11:17 AM

Jul 2016
I loved this episode, it was so intense although I didn't understand why that goal was invalidated... I was like "what happened?".

And other thing I don't get... will the match conclude when one team score a goal?, like the match between Nankatsu and Jun's team. Or will they play during the whole extra time no matter who scores first?

Well, regarding the episode, despite the referee's decisions, I really liked it. I really want Meiwa to win although it seems I'm the only one who want that to happen xD
Being honest, I don't get why the hate toward Meiwa's players I mean, it's not like all of them wanted to injure Misaki on purpose. That sort of things usually happens in football/soccer and in the end, it's the referee who "deserve" the hate for not doing anything.

All in all, I think the match will conclude next episode and so continue with the next arc. And I'm really looking forward to that. I hope I can see more of Wakashimazu in the future tho. He's a beast and easily my favorite character alongside Hyuga.
Sep 30, 2018 4:31 AM

Feb 2013
FireFistYK said:
The horrible match continues, in this weeks episode:

1.A cunt ref blows the whistle when the ball is about to go into the net so that we can enjoy 30 extra minutes of our injured bois playing at the risk of never playing football again.

2. Misaki can't stand up because of his injuries and what do the gallant defenders of Meiwa FC do? They all go in for a slide tackle and end up hurting him even more, the ref stays quiet!

Don't get me wrong, I love Captain Tsubasa. But this match is horrendous.

Yeah I am still guessing which sport they actually do here.
It certainly isn't football.
Rugby maybe?
Sep 30, 2018 12:27 PM

Dec 2013
Damn south separatists! They already took Rio Grande do Sul in this anime's universe!
If an otaku in Springfield sees the "Moe's Bar" sign, wouldn't he mistake it for a Maid Café?
Oct 1, 2018 4:27 AM
May 2018
MrFalkers said:
Terrible bad show, it started 'fine'(6/10) but got more and more ridicules to me. The football aspect of this series is beyond silly and to the point of frustrating to watch. Sliding 'karate-kick'(spikes first) tackles are perfectly fine as long as you manages to hit the ball, ...before hitting/clashing with your opponent are just one of many bad examples. In the real world there would have been handed out +20 yellow & +10 red cards and various players would end up banned from playing any further matches lol...

Captain Tsubasa isn't real football, it's fantasy football. Making it "realistic" would defeat the series' entire premise. It's supposed to be ridiculous. It's supposed to be over the top. That was obvious since episode 1, and everyone who watched the original show as a kid. But more importantly, it's a SHONEN.

Just like how you wouldn't expect real martial arts from Dragonball and all these other battle shonen (naruto, one piece, bleach, boku no hero academia) you shouldn't expect real soccer from Captain Tsubasa. You're supposed to suspend your disbelief.

This episode was amazing. I literally have zero complaints. The Meiwa sliding force is just one fun aspect of the series. People get destroyed in Tsubasa. All is normal. It's par for the course.

With shows like Inazuma Eleven out, I thought people understood this, but apparently, some of you still don't get it.

EauDeBlaOct 1, 2018 6:06 AM
Oct 1, 2018 6:04 AM

Dec 2016
EauDeBla said:
MrFalkers said:

Captain Tsubasa isn't real football, it's fantasy football. Making it "realistic" would defeat the series' entire premise. It's supposed to be ridiculous. It's supposed to be over the top. That was obvious since episode 1, and everyone who watched the original show as a kid. But more importantly, it's a SHONEN.

Just like how you wouldn't expect real martial arts from Dragonball and all these other battle shonen (naruto, one piece, bleach, boku no hero academia) you shouldn't expect real soccer from Captain Tsubasa. You're supposed to suspend your disbelief.

This episode was amazing. I literally have zero complaints. The Meiwa sliding force is just one fun aspect of the series. People get destroyed in Tsubasa. All is normal. It's par for the course.

With shows like Inazuma Eleven out, I thought people understood this, but apparently, some of you still doesn't get it.

I agree with you completely. I can't comprehend why people kept complaining about "real football" here. This is a shonen jump show. Adding unrealistic shit didn't make Kuroko no Basuke bad, why would it be for CT? Want real football? Go watch Giant Killing.
War really is cruel, heh?Whether you win or not, you always lose more than you gain.
The victor can still console themselves by counting their gains,
but the defeated can only count everything they've lost.
-Kondo Isao-
Oct 1, 2018 6:10 AM
May 2018
ChronoF said:
EauDeBla said:

With shows like Inazuma Eleven out, I thought people understood this, but apparently, some of you still doesn't get it.

I agree with you completely. I can't comprehend why people kept complaining about "real football" here. This is a shonen jump show. Adding unrealistic shit didn't make Kuroko no Basuke bad, why would it be for CT? Want real football? Go watch Giant Killing.

I haven't watched Kuroko, but I assume the unrealistic stuff is passed off as realistic so not as to piss off those who seek realism too damn much.

Captain Tsubasa PRIDES itself on the over the top impractical plays. It's what the manga does best. If we needed a referee everytime someone got hurt, the match would become over restrictive, and more importantly, boring.

I mean look at how crazy the techniques are in the game and manga. Some people just didn't get the memo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXwGyqzz9Eg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eCHFbOwkkU

I hope people complaining about realism watch the videos above to finally get it in their skull that Tsubasa will never be the series they're looking for.
EauDeBlaOct 1, 2018 6:14 AM
Oct 6, 2018 9:15 AM

Sep 2013
Actually, the whistle thing had happened in some matches, but still kinda weird. No wonder why usually the games ending like that are suspicious of being fixed.

Jan 21, 2019 6:07 AM

Dec 2015
VReally? They went over the half show and put the last minutes in the 27th ep? -_-

4/5

@MrFalkers It sounds like you were expecting something entirely different than what the title had to offer, sorry. It's like the 200x people who were "spiting" on Ring ni Kakero 1 TV not because it was badly made/build but because it was not "a good boxing animated series like Hajime no Ippo" when both weren't even boxing in the same category (different genres). Or before, when "older" people criticized HnIppo as worse than Ashita no Joe (who was also part of a whole other genre).
Using a certain element to illustrate a story doesn't make the fiction a part of "insert element" genre, especially when it isn't a fiction genre to begin with.

@EauDeBla I don't see how the fact it was published in a shônen magazine is related to the non-realistic approach. There are titles using less exaggerated/actually realistic sports in the same kind of magazines.
The comparison with IE and DB is quite strong. IE would be a "football DB" but Cpt.Tsubasa never claims to be part of a fantasy world, it is more "tame" and just does what Ring ni Kakero did before with boxing.
Jun 7, 2020 11:06 AM

Jan 2017
wakabayashi is insanely good, even with his injured leg. i'd say he's nankatsus real ace.
also, fuck that referee. that was a legitimate goal and misaki almost broke his leg for it.
Dec 8, 2020 4:17 PM

Dec 2007
thought that the title "phantom goal" would be actual goal...

anyway, glad that the match continues to 5th episode, really great match.
Oct 26, 2022 5:29 PM

Aug 2019
Misaki is out here risking his leg and everything

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2018

9 by Laughingking27 »»
May 17, 3:18 PM

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2018

49 by thepath »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.