Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2018 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn what an episode. I love what Tsubasa did in the match during his one-on-one against some of their opposing team's key players. It added more layers of excitement and I'm proud of how much he has improved tbh.

Just very impressive for a guy of his age.
Aug 13, 2018 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
After heated battle, enemy team is the one got the first score.

Tsubasa used overhead kick to get their first score.

It seems like Misugi guy invited his parents to show his opponent he wants to fully fight.

Offsite trap to Tsubasa. And Misugi guy can also use overhead kick.

Tsubasa getting damaged from Misugi guy's higher skill in soccer and leadership than he does.

Wakabayashi arrived.

Misugi ED ver.?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 14, 2018 12:32 PM

Dec 2014
The long awaited match between Nankatsu and Musashi and the showdown between Tsubasa and Jun.

The match started of really lively but the moment became conscious of Jun's heart disease after hitting him in the chest once, doubt began creeping into Tsubasa's mind. :(
Poor Tsubasa, he's completely lost it now feeling totally outclassed by Jun. Hope he can recover.

Technically Jun is in fact the better player, it's a shame he's afflicted by disease. :(
I absolutely loved all of Jun's fancy tricks and dribbles. I hope there's more before we get into the certain parts of the match that should probably show up in the next episode or the one after that if they choose to elongate the game.

I'm not sure whether I like or dislike the fact that the matches in the 2018 anime move so fast. The original 1983 anime used to drag out matches like crazy but at the same time that kinda gave rise to a lot more action and character exposition. I'll give you that the 1983 anime was crazy dragged but sometimes I feel 2018 suffers from the opposite scenario with things moving far too fast.

Genzou is here. :D

Looking forward to next week.
Aug 14, 2018 1:55 PM

Nov 2016
One of my favorite matches of the franchise. It's such a shame for Misugi, without his disease he would probably end up as one of the best players, even at the world stage.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 14, 2018 2:48 PM

Jan 2017
This is the first time Tsubasa ever played against a better player (technically), it's even better than the last match.

5/5
Aug 14, 2018 10:46 PM

Jul 2017
This was an amazing episode and seeing Tsubasa actually struggle with himself for the first time was pretty sad to watch. But I am so fucking hyped for that next episode.
Aug 15, 2018 8:38 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
It's definitely nice to see Tsubasa's confidence shatter. Not because I like seeing characters in pain, but because it makes him more human. I haven't really been a fan of his since episode 1, since he always seems so upbeat and positive, almost to an annoying point. But him completely shutting down like that was also a bit frustrating to watch. I guess he's still young, that's why.

Misugi is an amazing player and captain. I was a bit taken aback by his slap though....his anger is understandable, but that was too much. Slapping anyone is a no-no. Obviously the manager was out of line telling Tsubasa a secret that Misugi didn't want anyone else to know, but you still can't slap someone for that :( I hope he apologizes later. His likeness meter was at the top for me, partially because of Saito Soma, but also because he's a good opponent that's not annoying like those twins or Hyuuga.

That Saito Soma ED though. I find it funny how both him and Eguchi sounded so monotone singing the EDs lol. They sound so flat.
Aug 15, 2018 7:58 PM

Jul 2016
Great Ep. I enjoyed it a lot. Especially the part when Jun decided to use the offside technique. I really like how they animated and represented the use of it.

Looking forward to the next episode and to how Nankatsu will recover from a 3-1 score.
Aug 16, 2018 2:43 AM

Jun 2017
WHAT IS happening in the last 3 episodes?
THE quality has been incredibly high, from an animation standpoint and from an intensity standpoint
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Aug 16, 2018 2:56 AM

Jan 2013
Young Tsubasa is completely overwhelmed by Misugi. Honestly, healthy Misugi could be even better than Tsubasa.
Aug 16, 2018 5:51 PM

Mar 2013
Took forever to be able to watch it

Wakabawashi arrived to save the day ~
Aug 17, 2018 7:20 AM

Dec 2016
That slaping! But I think Yayoi deserved it. I read some comments in other sites about feminism, if Jun should slap her or not. I'm a girl and against all kinds of violence, but she's ruining a match that was important to Misugi, even though Tsubasa said that he would play with all his might because Jun would want that. Well, they always could talk about Yayoi's reasons with calm, but there are sometimes when a person can't think racionally.
But anyway, I read all the manga and watched all the older versions of the anime, and I already know what will happen between those too (Jun and Yayoi) in the future... -.-

And I didn't like Tsubasa's reaction. Well, I don't like Tsubasa in general, to tell the truth, but he said he would play with all his might and now that happens. Maybe, it's just the fervor of the moment, but please!

And there was Wakabayashi! Genzo, my Genzo!! xD
Aug 17, 2018 2:03 PM
Mar 2018
Tsubasa's character took a 180. A boy full of enthusiasm and optimism was left shaken to the core and was not confident about his own skills. Somewhere in your life you will encounter people who will be better, stronger and more skilled than. Admiring those are good; but at the cost of demeaning yourself isn't. And falling into slump and making a comeback is a part and parcel in sports. It doesn't matter how you fall!!! It matters how you get back up!!! In sports, no matter how dire the situation; giving up is not an option!! An athlete without will is nothing!!!
Aug 18, 2018 1:45 PM

Nov 2017
Finally offside! The first time since the beginning of the animated!
On the other hand, Roberto's reaction is epic! xD
Dec 6, 2018 8:41 AM
May 2017
Misugi Jun at half-time though...

"What did the five fingers say to the face?"
Jan 20, 2019 9:32 PM

Dec 2015
Positively impressed by the slap's presence in 2018. I was foreseeing terrible reactions on this page though, I'm a bit disappointed.
Good to learn what's an offside after so many years getting this fault in videogames. XD

4/5 Misugi playing = one of the best things after Hyûga's being in an episode.
Rei_IIIJan 20, 2019 10:01 PM
Jul 23, 2019 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
So up until no they have been playing games without ever getting a single offsides? The line inspector have been either sleeping on their job or the opposite teams have been that dumb XD

That aside good episode, it is nice to see tsubasa mentally crumble and finally realise that there are players out there that surpass him in technique, ability to read the game and leadership. Hopefully this will change him and reduce the cocky that he as been presenting from the begining of the series.
Also as much as i can understand Jun frustration he is still being too much of a drama queen to slap Yayoi over that. You told her about your situation so ofc she would want to do everything on her power to make sure you had an happy final victory without puching yourself too much even if such victory wouldnt be that earned.
Aug 30, 2019 8:05 PM

Oct 2015
Didn't think shounen sports had technicalities such offsides since they all about exaggeration and op!

But nonetheless Misugi is really using the game system well, a true prodigy indeed. Tsubasa needs to reawaken and find his happy go lucky self otherwise they will lose to musashi.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 25, 2020 10:21 PM

Oct 2012
Eh, the check to heart, Misugi's Gundam slap and Tsubasa falling to his knees in the rain. I realize it's over-the-top anime football but this was all a bit much for me in one episode.
Dec 5, 2020 3:45 PM

Dec 2007
'till now i really wanted tsubasa's smile to shattered down, but the anime makes me really doubting in that, and that's good i guess.

i may forget that they are primary school children but that offside trap could be avoided by simply... not passing to tsubasa...
Oct 24, 2022 1:04 PM

Aug 2019
forgot how people in this anime get slapped left and right.

I had completely forgotten that Mitsugi had slapped his manager for informing Tsubasa about his heart condition.

Mitsugi was whipped for Tsubasa. The manager could never.

Mitsugi singing the ed song

Genzo it’s here
Sun_ChanOct 24, 2022 1:09 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2018

9 by Laughingking27 »»
May 17, 3:18 PM

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2018

49 by thepath »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.