Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 18, 2020 3:38 AM

Feb 2018
so far episodes focus always follow OP scene order
so with OP scene order we will get
EP4 : Ai Miyashita
EP5 : Emma Verde
EP6 : Rinna Tennoji
EP7 : Kanata Konoe
EP8 : Shizuku Osaka
EP9 : Karin Asaka
then EP10-13 will have more freedom.
I doubt Shiroiko will appear on S1, maybe on S2 since her appearance on franchise is still new.

At least, from Setsuna's mind, they are still trying to reach Love Live as a group.
Oct 18, 2020 5:08 AM

Jul 2014
Considering how slow this had felt so far compared to previous Love Live anime, this episode felt incredibly rushed in terms of its resolution for Setsuna's issues and her place in the group. It didn't feel like the conversation on the rooftop did enough to justify such a quick u-turn on her part.

Either way, the group is almost fully assembled it seems and though we're bound to have episodes for the rest of the cast (many of whom I've already forgotten the names of somehow), I expect it won't be too long until we start getting group performances. But, to be honest, I'm much happier with these solo performances so far than I've ever been with Love Live's group performances: these individual performances are much more distinct from each other and are generally much more interesting to watch than the samey group performances have ever been for me (besides the technical merits behind those scenes, anyway). It'll be a shame to shift back to the old dynamic, but it's bound to happen eventually so I'm just hoping they keep on pushing these individual performances as long as possible.
Oct 18, 2020 5:49 AM

Feb 2018
Atavistic said:
Considering how slow this had felt so far compared to previous Love Live anime, this episode felt incredibly rushed in terms of its resolution for Setsuna's issues and her place in the group. It didn't feel like the conversation on the rooftop did enough to justify such a quick u-turn on her part.

Either way, the group is almost fully assembled it seems and though we're bound to have episodes for the rest of the cast (many of whom I've already forgotten the names of somehow), I expect it won't be too long until we start getting group performances. But, to be honest, I'm much happier with these solo performances so far than I've ever been with Love Live's group performances: these individual performances are much more distinct from each other and are generally much more interesting to watch than the samey group performances have ever been for me (besides the technical merits behind those scenes, anyway). It'll be a shame to shift back to the old dynamic, but it's bound to happen eventually so I'm just hoping they keep on pushing these individual performances as long as possible.
next episode is still focus on Solo for Ai. At least until EP9 we will get solo song.
Oct 18, 2020 7:21 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
She shouted out her love, you even got your first love confession too. Darn, nice catch there, Yuu! And welcome back to school idol, Yuki Setsuna! I never thought that the moment of her return would be something so special like that. Its kinda, epic, and her solo just, damn, beautiful!

Ngl, its feels so good. The story felt simple to coming through every parts, and never expected with Yuu's role so far that keep clinging and motivating on every pioneer of Nijigasaki's school idol members. So far, three girls already felt on her nice charm, who else? I doubt it might reach the last two members. But i am surely know nothing xD. Overall, its really a nice direction, simple and easy to be following up as their successor story telling. Ofc its not so similar. Because, yeah, there so much solo-ish singing parts that becaming their flagship and marking points. My impression obviously enjoying that!

Also, Setsuna cheer personality kept adored me, together with her ability to maintaining the twos different personality as one body, really impressive. I don't hate Seito Kaichou mode on her. So, i really hope that mode still intacted, at least on the school. Because, yeah, she always surprised me, at least on these first three episodes xD.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 18, 2020 7:50 AM
Oct 2017
I wonder if Karin and Emma are a couple
because they seem a bit too close
Oct 18, 2020 10:19 AM

Jan 2015
Yep, I’m loving this so much.
Didn’t feel Setsuna’s song this week, but god damn what a good episode. I’m glad all this drama about Setsuna wasn’t dragged too much.

So far so good
Oct 18, 2020 2:39 PM
Aug 2016
The first half was kinda eh, but the second half made up for it. But like a few have mentioned, it felt rushed, especially the part where they all meetup and discuss Setsuna, atleast for me. Other than that it was a pretty decent episode. Not the best so far but decent.

Also Yandere Kasumin:
Oct 18, 2020 3:29 PM

Mar 2013
Setsuna's voice actress sure has a lovely voice.
Oct 18, 2020 11:51 PM

Oct 2007
Yuu help Setsuna come back to being an idol. Glad this issue got resolve by episode 3. We can move on now. Setsuna-chan is back! :)

oh, and also glad they kept the cat and not throw it away. Student council pres is a kind person.
Oct 19, 2020 12:47 AM
Jun 2013
animejas said:
May just be me but this Love Live cast is easily the most boring and forgettable bunch among the Love Live groups.

This cast is way better than Sunshine.

Looks like Ai and Rina might join the club next week. Then all that's left is Karin.
Oct 19, 2020 1:36 AM

Dec 2015
I just realised by watching the OP that Yuu is not part of the group so I won't be able to watch her singing and dancing I am disappointed .
:(
Oct 19, 2020 3:21 PM

Mar 2018
I've always been a Setsuna hater... Her character doesn't appel to me at all (voice is wonderful tho), it annoys me that she's so popular among the fandom in general, I thought the anime could maybe change that, but no, really didn't appreciated her storyline... I don't like characters that need someone to push them up like Yuu did.
On the other hand, Kasumin has been a wonderful surprise! I'm really enjoying her screentime!
Karin definitely best girl, can't wait to see more of her and Emma!
Oct 20, 2020 12:53 AM

Aug 2018
Decent episode

So this was a faster paced compared to 2 previous series because the club was well established already they just need to need some few members.

In SIP and Sunshine they started from a scratch thats why they ptook long to established the club and complete the group then faced a lot of conflicts from school and to one another
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Oct 20, 2020 9:39 AM

Nov 2017
I enjoyed this episode even though it kind of went the way I thought it would. As soon as I knew it would be focused on Setsuna, I had a good idea on what was going to go down
Oct 20, 2020 2:44 PM
Apr 2020
Cliché, la protagonista convenciendo a la presidenta del consejo estudiantil de ser de nuevo school idol. Honoka 2.0
Oct 20, 2020 6:34 PM

Jan 2010
I loved this chapter, setsuna x yu OTP!

Oct 21, 2020 4:12 AM

Dec 2018
It was a great episode so much sweet Yuri

The idols are now back together. I like that the president got some attention. And my little princess Yuu was adorable and shined more then a million stars! Going around telling other girls that she loves them and stuff,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEES!! You are so sweet and are my very well behaved little lesbian honey!

In the end the lesbians was clinging on to each other the love was in the air! And they almost kissed! It was so damn close. Next time I want some lesbian kissing! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Yuri-CrusaderOct 21, 2020 5:47 AM
Oct 24, 2020 1:26 AM

Oct 2008
oh god! Yuuki Setsuna was awesome this episode! props to Kusunoki Tomori for her great performance!!!
5/5.

Oct 24, 2020 7:39 AM

Jul 2012
Setsuna Yuki's outfit is amazing. It captures both of her personas very well, with one side being the military uniform representing the prim and proper
Nana Nakagawa and the other being the punk uniform representing the free, wild Setsuna Yuki. Tomori Kusunoki has done an amazing job voicing her.

Can't wait for the next episode!

DawnHibikiOct 24, 2020 7:45 AM
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Oct 24, 2020 6:29 PM
May 2019
Overall, a pretty okay episode to me. The show’s structure is still solid, but I’m starting to realize an issue with the show. They seem to, at least for now, be focusing on overarching issues regarding the club rather than individualizing each of the characters to make them all likeable and unique in their own ways. The only one that seems different than the others so far is Rina, but that’s more derivative of her tone and what-not than her personality. The song placement towards the end felt a bit odd after the emotional moment the came before it. This show’s songs seem to take the mindset of “we’ve gotta put a song in here somewhere, it’s an idol show” without realizing that you can make an interesting and overall great idol show without a full song sequence in every episode, especially as shoehorned as they are in this show. Granted, this is my first experience with Love Live as I am an iDOLM@STER fan myself, so maybe take all this lightly. I’m just pointing out some more obvious issues with this show’s structure. Also, how the heck did Ayumu and Yu not realize that Nana was Setsuna? It was so obvious. I could tell it was her from the very first episode!
Oct 26, 2020 1:41 PM
Oct 2016
Setsuna's song in this EP was a banger...bc MOMIKEN from SPYAIR done the music arrangement. But I like the CHASE song more...but still banger is a banger

CGI is gud as always
Oct 27, 2020 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
When Yuu was playing the piano, she reminded me of Maki. I still miss her. :(
Oct 28, 2020 7:20 PM

Nov 2009
And yet again, Yuu being the one to solve all the other girl's problems.

At this point, it feels like Yuu should be the actual "main main character" instead of Ayumu that didn't really get that much screen time.

And yea, Setsuna is ultra "cool", she have a huge passion for School Idol, a bit too much that it interfered with her passion itself.

And we got a mini-Yuri moment there at the end with Yuu jumping on Setsuna, LOL.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 8, 2020 3:27 PM

May 2016
THis seems like Aikatsu now, cute girls do cute things, then there is a problem, oh no, and they fix everything and then sing a song, the setting is similar and all, I'm not quite fan of this franchise but after the failure (talking about an original setting) of Sunshine I hoped for something more original.
Apr 21, 2021 5:48 AM

Feb 2020
Yet another great episode. Setsuna's performance was awesome. That girl is on fire!

Maybe her problems got resolved more quickly than I expected but I really don't mind.

It's also a good thing they don't need to save the school this time.

SerafosNov 19, 2023 2:46 AM
Apr 26, 2021 3:25 PM

Dec 2012
I'm loving the music video format of each performance. It reminds me of the musical approach to the other Love Live movies, with each girl's personality & style creatively taking center stage to change the world around her.
May 28, 2021 3:42 AM

May 2016
A talented person like Setsuna being crushed by the self-induced need to fulfill the expectations of those around her to the point of holding herself back... I can most certainly emphatize with her and I'm really glad that she realized that it's not a requirement to reach the top right away especially if the need to get there as soon as possible would end up getting in the way of her happiness as well as others'.

The live performances continue to be excellent and it definitely looks like I can DIVE a lot deeper into this franchise than I already have!

Oct 11, 2021 2:24 AM

Aug 2017
I still find the show boring but I love in anime when the glasses come off and pigtails dissolve into beautiful tresses.

Setsuna is a great name. I think I like her the most.
Dec 8, 2021 7:56 AM

Nov 2017
Hehe, they dead ass had English, Korean, and Chinese comments on Setsuna's YouTube video. That's pretty cute.~

Setsuna's song was bananas in hindsight. When I first watched this, I thought it would take a bit longer for her to warm up and join, but nope! &++ she just killed that performance
Dec 14, 2021 6:02 PM

Jun 2021
Setsuna is the GODDESS of Love Live!

Love her so much, best songs ever <3 I'm with you forever Setsuna-chan!

And Yuu is literally an angel :')
Oct 10, 2023 3:42 PM

May 2021
This is literally every Love Live episode at its finest. One characters have problem, the other try to talk no jutsu, at the end that characters is convinced and everyone is happy again.
Hello everyone, i like Slice of Life and CGDCT (Cute Girls Doing Cute Thing) anime.
I'm also like to make a lot of friends online, so feel free to add me as a friend or invite me to a club :)

Nov 1, 2023 9:11 AM

Feb 2014

Such progressivismness. So much wouke. Finally a cat in anime that questions the primitive, patriarchal, toxic masculine social constructs such as gender and sex (blegh), and boldly takes a stand. I'm sure this stunning and brave non-binary cat is the most intelligent cat that has ever lived, since they were able to break free of the societal conditioning imposed on them and wake up to their own truth that is as valid as anyone else's. What a time to be alive and proudly be on the right side of history.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2020

66 by Sommernacht »»
May 12, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ringare - Oct 10, 2020

65 by Sommernacht »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

» Better than Sunshine?

Kayroad - Dec 23, 2023

14 by Otakupervert890 »»
Apr 8, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

54 by youchl »»
Mar 11, 1:48 PM

» What character is the center?

Kayroad - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Amranhakim8 »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.