Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 5, 2020 6:52 PM
Feb 2018
To be honest, although I haven't seen the Love Live! Sunshine Movie yet, I'm a bit disappointed there weren't any cameos for 1 or 2 M's members.. I think the original is the most iconic and remembered compared to the second spinoff, so I'm not not too sure what to think about a third spinoff where the possibilities of a lot of parallels may be nothing new..
Jan 5, 2020 7:16 PM
Feb 2017
I've waited for the longest time for them to announce this ever since the PDP girls were introduced honestly. A few spinoffs can't really hurt Love Live as a whole, it just adds on to the longevity of Love Live as a whole; look at iDOLM@STER. And we rarely ever get good idol anime adaptations that often anymore so I more than welcome it.
Jan 5, 2020 9:16 PM

Mar 2017
I am interested in how PDP plays out since the girl’s personalities seem to be considerably different. However if it turns out to be similar to Sunshine with a
“saving the school” plotline and stuff then I probably wont even attempt. Never got the motivation to finish Sunshine’s second season once that was introduced and I barely cared about the girls which brought my motivation down even more.
Jan 6, 2020 11:47 AM

May 2019
Definitely yes there's never enough cute idols
Living for the day i see animes of:

-Under Night In-Birth
-Atelier Arland and Mysterious series
Love Live! Perfect Dream Project (WE GOT THIS ONE :D)
Jan 6, 2020 12:22 PM

Dec 2018
YEEES!!!

We need one new Love Live each year!!! They are so good!!

Even if my its going to be hard to beat my favourite lesbian couples. Nico with Maki!! Rin and her girlfriend Hanayo!!

But It need to follow the same concept!! Strong Yuri with only females and I will fucking love it!!! Sunshine was very good and have big hopes for the new one!! And we definitely need more a lot more!!! I miss my little lesbian idols and their dancing around in their skimpy outfits!!,,YEEES!!!! They are so much fun!!

Jan 6, 2020 5:42 PM

Apr 2018
I just hope they change the story this time
Jan 7, 2020 2:26 AM

Oct 2015
lolno sunshine is better
Jan 7, 2020 1:59 PM

Apr 2017
I'm pretty happy about this. I have yet to have a PDP girl that I can confidently call my favorite since I don't really know a whole lot about them. The anime will help with that.

But show we get more spinoffs? I think no. I would have preferred if they added more to Muse's and Aqours' overall story than just make another spinoff, but I'm not against it. I mean, I was neglecting Love Live Sunshine as a whole because I thought that a spinoff would not be as good as the original, but I ended up liking it more than the original Love Live, so who knows. Maybe my love for Aqours will finally be dethroned after all these years.
Jan 8, 2020 12:14 AM

Nov 2009
Love Live is not the first idol franchise to introduce new generations. Idolm@ster, Aikatsu, and Pretty Rhythm/PriPara all did it successfully. I really enjoy long running, multi-generational idol shows, and I actually hope Love Live doesn't stop with Nijigasaki.

Let's not even talk about the fact that I prefer Aqours over Muse (although I love them both). I've also been saying "Nijigasaki anime when" at least once a week since the girls were announced. So yes, I am very excited to have more of this!
Jan 10, 2020 12:41 PM

Jan 2013
Great, more of the samey looking girls by sunrise. Guess that rina character looks unique, but can't they innovate their artstyle ffs? Can't wait for the doujin artists to add their touches to these characters.
Jan 11, 2020 7:54 AM
Apr 2019
I and so many PDP fans were really surprised when the accidentally leaked the production of the PDP anime at their first Blooming Rainbow Live. Since Nijigasaki has been so different from Muse and Aqours im excited to see how this anime will lay out.
Jan 11, 2020 2:42 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
I guess it helps bring Love Live! to a newer generation (and it prints money, I guess). Perhaps Sunrise wants to take the Idolm@ster and PreCure route, which makes sense.
Personally, if they should continue to make spin-offs and sequels, I would favor if Sunrise'd break the mold of the stereotypical Love Live! theme. (That doesn't mean to just make the cast all-boys with yaoi shipbait either.)
I'm talking new professions and subjects (la BRO SAVE DA SCHOOL plot can be thrown out). Introducing more schools from the SIF game and potential competition, idol crossovers, etc. Though it is but a pipe dream, since this is Love Live we're speaking of. I'd really love to see potential genre/tonal shifts (been watching too much Katekyou Hitman Reborn), but that's an even bigger pipe dream than any other imaginable situation. I'm sure that for the profit of Sunrise and Love Live!, the greater benefit is to stick to the same as it has always been with a slight change in direction.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2020 7:38 PM
Jan 2020
of course they need a spinoff series that is fresher than before

I think pdp girl will become a bomb to attract more fans. and again, their music also sounds fresher and more modern than the prkaorinnnnevious love live series.

p.s. I was really impressed with their first live (especially with agupon, kaorin, and chiemi) >\\\<
Jan 21, 2020 10:06 AM

Jan 2016
I mean, more doujin to read.
Jan 25, 2020 5:28 AM
Nov 2016
not aqours = might be half decent

Jan 28, 2020 6:40 PM
Sep 2018
Oof, looks like Niji isn't even supposed to be the next gen group after all.
Also looks like we'll be getting a female self-insert MC, the player character from the All Stars game. They just released a new key visual that includes her design and will begin voting for her name on the 30th.
Jan 29, 2020 8:37 AM
Jul 2019
Syrup- said:
Great, more of the samey looking girls by sunrise. Guess that rina character looks unique, but can't they innovate their artstyle ffs? Can't wait for the doujin artists to add their touches to these characters.

This anime is actually a spin-off and will have a different character design than the previous series.
Feb 1, 2020 4:47 PM

Apr 2015
At this point it's strange to call Aquors and Niji spinoffs, it's an idol company launching new groups like all idol companies do
Feb 1, 2020 7:17 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I like idol stuff so why not.
Feb 2, 2020 7:49 AM
Jul 2019
Lanz said:
At this point it's strange to call Aquors and Niji spinoffs, it's an idol company launching new groups like all idol companies do

But it seems that Niji is a real spin-off from the mainline series. It is very different. Solo idols, 10th member, different staff involved, etc.

They have another project in production that suggests it's the real mainline group with 3 exclamation marks "Hello!!! Love Live!"

Though, being a spin-off doesn't necessarily mean they have less importance. There are spin-offs that become more popular than the mainline series. (e.g. SMT to Persona series)
nevergainFeb 2, 2020 7:52 AM
Feb 25, 2020 6:09 AM
Jan 2017
StufedAnmalQueen said:
I think a majority of us think that Aquor's wasn't as great as M's. Do we really need another spinoff? This series definitely doesn't have the hype it did years ago.

Well to be say I haven't watch sunshine s2 since I don't have much time irl so I don't know much whether aquor is better than μ's or not since the only part I remember in sunshine is basically they got slapped in the tournament as no one vote them and they only got 1 application for their school but why not have another spin-off I mean new spin off, new waifu, new waifu = new hen- I mean fan. Everyone have their own opinion and taste so dont just say that we all want enjoy our neet liveWell to be say I haven't watch sunshine s2 since I don't have much time irl so I don't know much whether aquor is better than μ's or not since the only part I remember in sunshine is basically they got slapped in the tournament as no one vote them and they only got 1 application for their school but why not have another spin-off I mean new spin off, new waifu, new waifu = new hen- I mean fan. Everyone have their own opinion and taste so dont just say that we all want enjoy our neet live
Mar 13, 2020 4:14 PM
Jun 2011
It is needed because of new game. To be Aquors ruined Love Live for me. Sure there was good music in Sunshine, however characters were more annoying than likeable, and story was pure garbage. I still will give 3rd gen a chance since its unlikely that they will do such crap again, and from what I seen alreday girls are a way better than any of Aquors
Mar 22, 2020 3:03 AM

Jan 2013
dadnaya said:
And I personally think Aqours has even surpassed µ's

^this
I love µ's because of Nico but sorry not sorry Aqours as a whole are better

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Mar 30, 2020 1:59 AM

Jul 2017
The world needs Love Live.

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Apr 16, 2020 12:44 PM

Oct 2017
Considering SIFAS story, they definitely have to reset the anime timeline, right? Since the whole point of the game was basically bringing the three idol groups together, being active at the same time.
Apr 17, 2020 9:17 AM

Apr 2013
javitaxy said:
Considering SIFAS story, they definitely have to reset the anime timeline, right? Since the whole point of the game was basically bringing the three idol groups together, being active at the same time.

Maybe yes and no. The timeline of this new NijiGaku anime maybe in same timeline like previous two, muse and Aqours anime, but in later time, maybe gap years after what happen in Sunshine movie.

I guess this new NijiGaku anime has clearly interaction in same timeline with other new generation group of new series that they making like the announcement of it. Who knows.
May 2, 2020 3:12 PM
Jul 2019
javitaxy said:

All Stars (was called PERFECT Dream Project before the game was revealed) is where these 3 groups are the same age and could interact with each other.

Nijigasaki anime is under a separate project of their own and will be a different story that will likely be years after Aqours won Love Live!
Sep 23, 2020 7:43 PM

Oct 2014
Aquors is better than M's, atleast for me.

Although I kinda agree with you. Love Live should stop these spinoff. I hope this will be the last.
Sep 23, 2020 9:16 PM

Jul 2019
Love Live is a multimedia project, it exists in more than just anime. The members of Muse have been doing live shows and performances for the last nearly 10 years and Aqours for around 5 years. It's about time they hand it off to the next group. Though I am surprised they announced a PDP anime considering there's also Love Live Superstar which has been announced but I won't complain about seeing Ai and Setsuna in anime form
Sep 24, 2020 5:15 AM

Aug 2011
Gazz said:

Although I kinda agree with you. Love Live should stop these spinoff. I hope this will be the last.

It kinda refreshing and it different than us and aquor, because nijigasaku more focus on single than a group. Also this will not have plot school closed like previous one because their school so damn rich.
Sep 24, 2020 11:01 AM
Dec 2019
What’s the harm? Its still better then nothing at least and sunshine was better because the characters where more likable and stuff tho at first I hesitated at watching it because of the copies but I eventually watched it and it was just better but I still like all of them.
Sep 26, 2020 4:11 AM
Dec 2018
imagine complaining about more yuri
Sep 26, 2020 3:49 PM

Jul 2008
Gazz said:

It's already not the last. They announced Love Live Superstar.
Sep 26, 2020 9:01 PM
Jul 2019
Gazz said:

LL will just continue until it's not earning anymore. LL only had like a movie during the start of 2019 yet it was still the 2nd highest-grossing media franchise in Japan. 1st if it wasn't for Demon Slayer.
Sep 26, 2020 9:25 PM
Sep 2017
Yes, it does. Loved sunshine way more tham the original and this one promises to be different enough to be engaging
Sep 28, 2020 6:47 AM

Oct 2014
nowigen said:
Gazz said:

LL will just continue until it's not earning anymore. LL only had like a movie during the start of 2019 yet it was still the 2nd highest-grossing media franchise in Japan. 1st if it wasn't for Demon Slayer.

I get that but why not just continue M's or Aqours story?

Or maybe theyre planning something grand like making an allstar cast of the all?
Sep 28, 2020 6:19 PM
Jul 2019
Gazz said:
nowigen said:

I get that but why not just continue M's or Aqours story?

Or maybe theyre planning something grand like making an allstar cast of the all?

People will eventually get bored and their (anime) stories are pretty much over. Also, Aqours (the voice actresses) are still active, they still release a lot of new songs and have been doing concerts. On muse's case, when they were at their peak they were already hitting their 30s and some of them have health issues. They were unable to do many activities outside of voice acting, they still voice the characters in the games but that's it.

On Nijigasaki's case, since they are solo idols this kinda avoids having to rehearse with everyone all the time and giving their voice actresses more time to work on their own careers. One voice actress in Nijigasaki cast is already very popular with 3 other lead anime roles this season, with some others making names for themselves.

Heck, other idol franchises have a lot more idols. Idolm@ster is successful with almost 200 voiced idols.
nevergainSep 28, 2020 6:43 PM
Oct 2, 2020 1:51 PM
Oct 2016
I don't see Sunshine that bad. The first season was good. From season 2 onward, it became a letdown, and lost all expectations. While I'm sure this new series is not going as superior as the first series is, it might be good in some ways. I hope it's at least better than Sunshine.

Oh, and there appears to be a fourth series coming at some point (or whatever it was).
Oct 2, 2020 1:53 PM

Jul 2015
It makes me pretty happy so
Oct 2, 2020 9:42 PM

Nov 2013
'More'? You clearly don't know how LL works, Sunshine and Aqours was gen 2 and SuperStar!! will be gen 3. This is the only first true spin-off that acts as a side project to the main generations. Also considering Love Live is still the second most profitable franchise in Japan, I don't see why they'd want to stop.
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Oct 3, 2020 4:31 AM

Aug 2010
There will never be too many idols
Oct 3, 2020 5:40 AM

Oct 2013
Eira_99 said:
'More'? You clearly don't know how LL works, Sunshine and Aqours was gen 2 and SuperStar!! will be gen 3. This is the only first true spin-off that acts as a side project to the main generations. Also considering Love Live is still the second most profitable franchise in Japan, I don't see why they'd want to stop.

Out of curiosity, which franchise is first?

One Piece? Something else?
Oct 3, 2020 7:00 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
It is good for their pockets (Lantis), they will keep introducing new units while they keep getting cash from them. Also, in Japan the older units graduated or got saturated, so they need fresh units to fill the spot.
PipeOct 3, 2020 7:07 AM

Oct 3, 2020 9:31 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
still waiting for the collab OVA
Oct 3, 2020 9:43 AM
Jul 2019
dadnaya said:
Eira_99 said:

It's based on last year's media sales (this includes CDs, blurays/DVDs, manga, books).. 1st was Kimetsu no Yaiba
Oct 3, 2020 9:50 AM
Apr 2019
Of course it needs spin-offs! Thats the backbone of Love Live! Its not just an anime afterall, its a series!

Its going to continue with more and more media having aother anime was obvious. Hell, we are already getting the third generation announced. What wasn't as obvious is getting Nijigasaki girls animated. But i think the love live community has grown so much recently that people forgot that Nijigasaki girls were just a side project created for All Stars, that they treated it like a true third generation. Hence, why we have this anime!
Oct 3, 2020 9:55 AM

Nov 2013
dadnaya said:
Eira_99 said:
Also considering Love Live is still the second most profitable franchise in Japan, I don't see why they'd want to stop.

Idol Master, lol. Idol Master and Love Live both have manga and anime, not as popular as One Piece, obviously. But they also make and sell just as much merch, while having way more CDs, concert ticket sales, and of course the mobile games. It really all comes down to the mobile games that cause these franchises to make so much money.

Arrekusa said:
What wasn't as obvious is getting Nijigasaki girls animated. But i think the love live community has grown so much recently that people forgot that Nijigasaki girls were just a side project created for All Stars, that they treated it like a true third generation. Hence, why we have this anime!

No, we've known we were getting a Nijisaki anime since December last year, it has nothing to do with people treating it like the 3rd gen or anything. It's just cause obviously you want to make an anime for a new group, otherwise they'd just be leaving money on the table. Love Live is run by smart buisness people who know how to make money, as soon as Nijigasaki began I'm sure they were planning to make an anime, even if it's a side project it still get's all the same stuff the other groups got. Them not getting an anime would be surprising, them getting one is not a surprise.
Eira_99Oct 3, 2020 10:01 AM
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Oct 3, 2020 10:04 AM

Jan 2019
Yes, we need more.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Oct 4, 2020 4:52 AM

Mar 2012
This is the only Love Live spin-off series. The others are more like sequels.

Pipe said:
It is good for their pockets (Lantis), they will keep introducing new units while they keep getting cash from them. Also, in Japan the older units graduated or got saturated, so they need fresh units to fill the spot.

The only one that properly graduated is u's, and even they did a comeback at Love Live Fest in January (which was incredible! I was there)

They're back in a limited capacity, and Aqours are still going at the same pace with their non anime activities. They were gonna do a dome tour this year but... yeah. The world isn't in a position to handle dome concerts. So they've got a two day online concert next weekend and they're gonna try doing the dome shows next year.

It's not just bringing in one group and throwing out the other. They're just all simultaneously very popular. Hell, Nijigasaki is a spinoff group for the mobile game that wasn't even meant to get an anime. But they got so much fan support they made one anyway.

The next proper group is Liella, which is still not fully off the ground, but even when that comes I don't see them dumping Aqours.
SeibaaHomuOct 4, 2020 5:06 AM
Oct 4, 2020 7:55 AM
Apr 2012
Aqours wasn't as great as Muse? Don't get me wrong, I'm a Muse person myself, but I will admit that Aqours have better songs, especially if you listen to some of their more recent stuff.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2020

66 by Sommernacht »»
May 12, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ringare - Oct 10, 2020

65 by Sommernacht »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

» Better than Sunshine?

Kayroad - Dec 23, 2023

14 by Otakupervert890 »»
Apr 8, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

54 by youchl »»
Mar 11, 1:48 PM

» What character is the center?

Kayroad - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Amranhakim8 »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.