Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 24, 2016 2:01 PM

May 2014
Man, that was weak. As I've said in some reddit discussions, it just doesn't make sense to both waste screentime with a recap, or this group be given some special privilege to advertise their school. Song was alright, but this finale episode fell completely flat for me and as a result loses a full point. 7/10 for the whole season.
Sep 24, 2016 2:26 PM

Aug 2013
I'm not a fan of Idol series, but I liked the original Love Live.
Unfortunately, this spin off was not that good. Tbh it was a trainwreck for me. Characters were annoying (especially main girl in most episodes and that chunni dark queen).
'+' for reducing that awful CG comparing to original LL.
5/10
Still better than Rewrite btw.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 24, 2016 2:28 PM

Jun 2016
I saw many people complaining about how the Aqours story had so many references to the original series. That is probably true, but I think they did it pretty well.

The only thing that pissed me off, or just annoyed me, was the fact, that their school was about to close down, just as in the original series. I mean, they already started with "I want to be like Muse" and went through, but then bringing in the fact, that their school was going to close was just unnecessary. It just didn't fit and it wasn't "that hard" criticized like in the original series and I believe they just could have leave that fact out.

For the characters, I agree that there were many similar characters, like Chika being Honoka, Ruby being Hanayo, etc., but I think they all do have a unique background story like for all the third years used to be school idols (I know Nico was a school idol before aswell, but that fact wasn't focussed that much as in Sunshine).

So all in all, I really enjoyed watching Love Live!! Sunshine!! and I'd be hyped for a second season! :)
Sep 24, 2016 3:22 PM

Dec 2012
Wonderful finale episode. The girls working hard & practicing everyday.
So nice to see the other students help support Aquors & contribute to saving their school.

Chika's Mom is pretty short. So use to seeing Anime Parents being taller than their kids for some weird reason.

Sweet moment between each year group before their performance.
Really cool to see a reenactment of how Aquors was formed. They've all come a long way since the beginning.
LOL Mari-"Hello Everybody" Her Engrish is hilarious as always.

From Zero to One. Best performance I've heard from Aquors. So damn good & great to see everyone join in.
Looks like people are going to start enrolling at Uranohoshi.
Beautiful group photo at the end.

Originally was not going to watch this as I thought I was done with Love Live, but after seeing a PV I was like why not & to my surprise this turned out to be really enjoyable & better than I expected. I think I enjoyed this way more than the first season of Love Live.

Every member of Aquors was so freaking lovable & unique in their on way that they are all BEST GIRL in my eyes. I love them all.

Overall an enjoyable & wonderful season. Loved the music. Hopefully this gets Season 02 which I think it will cause it deserves one.

Final score 8/10.
Santoryu_XBurnerSep 24, 2016 3:31 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 24, 2016 3:33 PM

Oct 2013
OK, so i'll be honest, this episode was alright closure wise. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel anything during the re-cap. The performance was definitely more theatrical than Muse's live performance routine wise. That being said, I almost wish this was an hour long episode, because the information they showed here felt like a bread crumb and although I did enjoy their little performance, I felt oddly like I really hadn't much at all when it comes down to it.

Overall, I think Aquors had many positive elements, and I enjoyed the plot overall, however I think too much reliance on nostliagia kind of killed the potential for them to do something different. Their from 0-1 presentation of wanting to save the school would have been way more compelling if it didn't all seem eerily familiar lmfao. I did enjoy Sunshine, but I don't think it really had what it takes to surpass it's predecessor (which had it's own flaws). I will say this season's dramas were far superior to Honoka's angsty little episode, which took way to long and quite frankly was unnecessary and annoying.

I'd give this a 6-7/10 just because although they did copy/paste a lot of stuff, they improved a little on the drama element which really is the highlight of the series imo.
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Sep 24, 2016 3:36 PM

Mar 2015
And this is where ends Sunshine, with a ridiculous stage play !

Overall Sunshine has been an excellent surprise, week after week demonstrating far more grace than the original at basically everything it did. That's not saying the original was bad or anything, it was (almost) constently endearing and full of great jokes and I still think Nico is the best character in the franchise.

This first season has been remarkably consistent and actually with quite stunning heights (the conclusion of the third year tragic drama was as dramatically over the top as it was genuinely moving while You's episode demonstated the most understated episodic conflict of the franchise so far). That's not saying it was perfect, episode 7 was actually 'worse' than the majority of Love Lives' episodes and the 'save the school' thing while on the joke with the overt structural similarities felt out of place. But as far as silly entertainment goes, yeah Sunshine was a hell of a ride.

SUNRISE GIMME THIS FUCKING SEASON 2 !!!
"We'll move on, we'll keep making missteps and failing, but we will move on."
Sep 24, 2016 3:45 PM

May 2015
Great finale. I think I enjoyed this just as much as the original LL's first season. I won't be surprised if there's a season 2 announcement. I want that cameo, lol.

8/10.

Sep 24, 2016 3:58 PM

Jun 2009
The recap on stage was a let down for me. Also, the song was nice but I was hoping for Step! Zero to One. It would have been very appropriate here.
Overall, I really enjoyed the series, actually more than the very first season of Love Live. The characters were likable, the songs were nice and the drama between 3rd years was done well.
The ending shot was wonderful. I remember when Sunshine was announced. I hope 2nd will happen someday. 8/10
Sep 24, 2016 4:01 PM

Sep 2016
cringe episode tbh fam smh
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 24, 2016 4:18 PM
Jul 2018
Tl;dr a cringier version of the original LL, not a big fan of idol shows tbw. The OST saves this from getting a fatal 5/10. 6/10.
Sep 24, 2016 4:42 PM

Aug 2011
I rated this show 10/10 after episode 12. Well sadly disappointed with recap part. 8/10.

No my heart not shining after watching this.
Sep 24, 2016 5:20 PM

Apr 2011
Ending was good. Mirai Ticket and Theater performance were okay. I think they can do better. Must be playing on the save side.

It was a fun ride. Each girl has a personality on her own. They're all likable. The songs were good. Production quality really improved over the past Love Live.

Hoping for a 2nd season.
Sep 24, 2016 5:31 PM

May 2012
I enjoyed all 12 previous episodes, but this last one had the worst first half out of all of them. Which stings much more since it was the last. I just dont think I will ever enjoy that first half and a rewatch wont help. Chika being gungho to bring girls with no training on to the stage for such a weak reason, seemed just so off. Thats how you turn a 0 into a -1. The concert at the end was by far the best the series has had so far, but that dont save the story for me it simply was not a good ending storywise. However maybe they considered episode 12 to be the ending? It could be seen that way.

Also the recap speech just felt so incredibly off. I did love the ending shot though, being the first reveal for Aqours.
Sep 24, 2016 5:51 PM
Sep 2010
og love live should have came through and stomp them to the ground considering it was rushed! 10/10
Sep 24, 2016 6:29 PM

Sep 2008
underr said:
Lame episode.
Yohane-sama almost saved it but the recap ruined everything.

Well said.
step1: Enter Love Live
step2 Bore the audience with your sob story for 15 minutes, making every group wait who entered.
step3 Disqualification and ban.
But Chika already knew this. So she ran towards the exit before the security can catch her, leaving her group behind like the leader she is.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Sep 24, 2016 8:21 PM

Jun 2009
Alienshroom said:
I enjoyed all 12 previous episodes, but this last one had the worst first half out of all of them. Which stings much more since it was the last. I just dont think I will ever enjoy that first half and a rewatch wont help. Chika being gungho to bring girls with no training on to the stage for such a weak reason, seemed just so off. Thats how you turn a 0 into a -1. The concert at the end was by far the best the series has had so far, but that dont save the story for me it simply was not a good ending storywise. However maybe they considered episode 12 to be the ending? It could be seen that way.

Also the recap speech just felt so incredibly off. I did love the ending shot though, being the first reveal for Aqours.

I just can't agree more - it was really unrealistic and just unnecessary. Starting from crazy idea to add more people to Aquors before the important performance, because of Chika's personal feelings, putting all school in a concert hall (even Shiitake O_O), to top it with too long theatrical recap. It was a nice touch to tell audience how you feel, but they could take these 5 minutes to show members on backstage, when they're having some kind of motivation talk - it would have a better impact on feels in my opinion...
I was waiting for some kind of emotion, but final episode failed me. All that kept me interested durning this ep were feelings I still had in me from last 12 episodes.

When I first watched love live series it was pretty meh to me, untill second half of season 2. Sunshine got me from the start - the visuals, character introduction, better stages, and more relaible drama it was all great, But I feel like they left us with nothing, on the final episode, like that photo was just end of their adventure even if it suposed to start. I think this show would be way more enjoyable if it wouldn't be under Love Live franchise - just a new independent idol story without a strong rival that will always make people question the fact if it was better then orginal.

Sunshine was a great show 9/10 from me, but I still think that the Otonokizaka LL was better.
Sep 24, 2016 8:23 PM

Nov 2010
Good ending.
I guess we all know season 2 is coming but let's see when will they'll announce it.
Sep 24, 2016 10:09 PM

Aug 2012
That recap speech before the concert (and Chika's mom), raised the score for me. There was a LOT of awful cringe-y moment during the entire series, but this one isn't one of those.

They need to keep the pace up for the sequel (if there's any) to be able to catch up to it's predecessor.. but I don't think they will ever be able to surpass them.
Mainly because most of the songs that they sings lack of individual personality compared to Muse's.
I still remember the reason that I watched the anime is because I listened to Snow Halation once, and Aquors has yet to show me that same capabilities.

7/10 overall, okay casts, decent story, good songs, but nothing extraordinary.
Would certainly wait for a second season.
Sep 24, 2016 10:32 PM

Jan 2011
Tyrel said:
Comic_Sans said:
This series is the perfect example of why self-worthiness wanking never is a good idea

Self-worthiness wanking can be compared to goodness wanking, something which a lot of regressive leftists here in Sweden love to do: it might feel great at first to advocate cultural relativism and silence anybody who doesn't think abolishing national borders is a good idea by accusing them of being a Racist-nazi-sexist, but eventually, if you don't watch out, you're going to end up with 50+ no go zones, honor oppression in the suburbs, sex segregated bath houses and criminals throwing rocks at police and medic personnel

Likewise, the creators of Love Live are a bunch of self-worthiness wankers who're still high on endorphins because of the first series' success and thus at first, when their boss or whatever told them to come up with a brand new LL! anime, they thought "Wow copy + pasting the story line and the characters and throwing in a bunch of muse references is an amazin idea cuz we dat good" was a great idea. However, it seems like they realized their mistake around episode 7-8 since that's more or less when they tried deviating a little from the original story line, but sadly, it was too late

Hanamaru was the only character worth remembering, everybody else was either annoying or/and used goods (especially Mari)

The songs were also shit except for Saint Snow's which was gr8 m8 I r8 8

Not that this is going to stop the series from selling platina, but then again, the same can be said about any Adam Sandler movie as the protagonist that isn't Punch Drunk Love

4/10

Comic out
Just going to quote you because you say is what I thought. This new Love Live was so much worse than the previous ones. And wanking the franchise here was just... Lol. It'll prob sell well just because it's a Love Live franchise, but whatever. It still wasn't good. Oh yeah, the songs were bad.

Mod Edit: Edit quote.

I'll pretty much echo this as well. Never been a big LL supporter (original Idoalm@ster is still tops) because I think it's just a culmination of every trope in order appeal to someone somehow somewhere. In that regard Sunshine is no different. It is, however, worse because I feel those aforementioned trope or character type were rammed down our throats in every annoying way possible for 18 minutes an episode with the last 3 minutes slotted for MC 1 on 1 time with whatever cast member was feeling grief that episode. I felt more annoyed watching this each week then actually enjoying it. I still remember when I saw the first cover art for the show I had to double take because I was like...is it...is it the same cast members....or their children...or some alternate universe. No...no same city actually but just duplicated looks AND personalities. Still think the LL hype is ridiculous and people watch this simply to pair characters and nothing more. I will say that the first LL (notably the second season) was pretty decent as idol shows go. Sunshine is pretty much inferior to it's counterpart and as an idol show. But there will be more...that much I'm sure of.
IZEROIISep 24, 2016 10:40 PM
Sep 24, 2016 11:11 PM

Feb 2014
I don't know what Chika was thinking when she thought making something like 20+ more people perform on the stage with them at the last minute, most of whom are probably untrained and tone deaf singers, would be a good idea. So glad that didn't happen, but I would much rather watch that than the cringeworthy skit/play they did before performing the song. Are they even allowed to do that, considering the tight schedule?

All in all, this show turned out to be everything I feared it would be. An empty, soulless, cynically designed cashgrab spinoff/sequel that spared no effort in riding the coattails of its predecessor. It gets a generous 4/10 from me. Wouldn't bother with another season of this cringefest even if I was paid.
Sep 24, 2016 11:54 PM

Dec 2013
Coming from a first time viewer of any part of the Love Live franchise, I must say that I found this series to be alright for an SoL, with interesting and diverse characters, but overall that was it.
The theme of searching for one's purpose after blindly following the purpose of others is a pretty dated theme, and the fact that they explicitly used that as the premise (how happy Chika was when she found out that their school was going to be shut down, aka the same crisis that had befallen her favorite idol group) made for some pretty poor writing. Recycling of ideas and situations isn't all that bad, but when our main character's very existence and drive depends on becoming "just like" her favorite school idol band in every which way up till the second last episode, I begin to have doubts on whether I should even go back to watch the first series, since I'm already expecting more of the same.

Then there's the 4 minute long recap of the last 12 episodes which I felt was pretty unnecessary to us as the viewers. It may have seemed nice to act out their story on a stage in real life, but then I would also wonder if organizers of a national event like this Love Live would actually allow finalists to take minutes off their schedule to recount their back story like so. It all seemed quite unrealistic to me.

Not saying this was a bad show. The characters were all fun and interesting enough, but considering I was expecting them to join a competition and battle it out with other teams, I was quite disappointed when next to nothing of the sort occured during the entire season. Heck, we only saw one other set of "rivals", and there wasn't really any battling or real rivalry going on either.

Still... I'm not sure I would actually want to watch a second season of this. The realization and conclusion that this new group should find their own voice and not blindly follow in their idols footsteps seems a decent enough ending. The only reason I would want to go and watch the old LL series would probably be if you guys tell me that the characters were just as, if not more, interesting as this current cast.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 25, 2016 3:58 AM

Jan 2010
I'm just gonna pretend this anime doesn't exist. 5/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2016 4:05 AM

Jun 2013
Damn even Chika's mother is ugly.

I'm gonna miss this show. The weird Ruby noises. The zura's. The Yohane. The ugly Chika. The stupid You hat. The Riko x Chika. The retarded Mari accent. The Dia mole. And the Kanan in bikini.

Good thing anything Love Live is second season confirmed right?? right. .?
Sep 25, 2016 5:06 AM

May 2010
The side-character girls wanna become main characters...Sadly not everyone is meant to be on the stage. They can help with the other stuff like lightening etc.

Chika's mom is so cute and young--invite her to become an idol too lmao

"dagyaah!!!" "dagyaa?" someone make a repeat version of this.

Yeah gather a thousand people on the stage so that the floor can crack nicely. Wth are these 3 girls thinking lmao
Im glad that rule exists. But I thought Riko would be reasonable and say "I appreciate the feelings but we are best as a 9 members group" She might have felt it, but idk she didn't say it so.

"Yohane and little demons descend upon love live" lmao. I love Yohane

That play was pretty cool. I lost at Yohane's entrance. Too fab.
These girls got acting skills. Loved the scene when You said "Are we gonna give up?" in Chika's ears. It's like she really meant her words, she already knew what Chika would say but she said it anyway. The direction was really good.

I love when the mob girls (im srry) went "10!!!" Was really nice.

I think that performance song was the best yet (other than the ED song)

The "0" became "1"... Feels.

Okay. I loved it. It was inspirational. And I found the overall messages really nice. It delivered better than the original series. The themes were better. I love S1 girls but I prefer Aquors as a whole.

Can't wait for s2!
Sep 25, 2016 6:39 AM

Nov 2012
Judging from how we didn't get to see Saint Snow anymore, I'd say there's definitely going to be a season 2 for this. Its obvious that they did really well though, even if they didn't actually win LL, which is probably what S2 would be about, similar to the original LL.

Episode itself was enjoyable, which is probably the word I'd use to describe Sunshine as a whole. It never peaked and reached the highs of the original LL for me, but felt much more balanced, with almost no especially boring parts.

One issue I had was with the character design though. Early on I had trouble telling the girls apart as they all looked so similar, and even now I sometimes mix up You and Hanamaru. This was never a problem in the original LL as Muse all had distinct body shapes/sizes/hair/personality.

The BGM was weak and unmemorable compared to OG LL, but the insert songs and OP/ED were a step up for me, with none of them causing me to cringe a bit the first time unlike with some of the inserts in OG LL.

My personal biased ranking of the characters:
1. Yoshiko
2. Dia
3. Riko
4. Hanamaru
5. Everyone else in no particular order

Here's to hoping there's a season 2 in the works.
Sep 25, 2016 6:57 AM

Feb 2015
I can't say I liked Sunshine as much as the original series. But they did include a lot of elements that I enjoyed watching. If there's ever a season 2 I hope Aqours can walk their own path and not follow behind μ's.

Anime | Profile | Manga
「The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday I saw a deer, and today, you.」

Sep 25, 2016 8:14 AM

Feb 2013
So...its over and i still have mixed feelings.

For one part, i disliked how they follow the exactly same formula, to how they recruite the members, to how they fail their first audition to even the whole school being closed. The songs never really catched my atention (i remeber when i watched the original series how i stoped the episode just to download Start:Dash it was and it is still so catchy >-<) but with sunshine songs...I honestly dont remember any lol

People also complain about how the characters are just a mix of the originals, but i think originality in characters in CGDCT shows are really eh....I mean, i remember reading a post of some user here, saying who the original love live cast was so similar to K-On and its indeed quite true, so judging this show for that would be unfair imo.

So saying all this bad stuff why i still have mixed feelings? because i enjoyed it A LOT. Even tho every episode felt like the same from the originals, it was fun, made me smile and loved few scenes, that will probably enter on my top personal favorite scenes in anime (Mari/Kanan hug, Hanamaru speech on how she wanted to protect Ruby, and that last scene in this episode which i think it was awesome).

so my final score is a 6 and i really hope, second season would able to distinguish from the original LL, just with that i would be 100% satisfied.

Sep 25, 2016 8:45 AM

Jun 2014
It's over. I so glad it's over.
There really wasn't anything left to say after the previous episode. I consider this pure filler.

At points during the season I felt they were going to tread new ground, instead it just kinda fizzles out into "doing something meaningful and fun together with friends". Thankfully, some of the characters were rather likeable which saved it from falling flat on its face.

krisichiki said:
PS. Mari Riko best Aqours girl.

There we go :D
Sep 25, 2016 8:50 AM
May 2016
PERFECT!!! Really all I can say! :)
Sep 25, 2016 8:51 AM

Sep 2010
Epic emotional finale...

Season 2 when?

8/10
Sep 25, 2016 9:07 AM

Aug 2014
I feel like the only downside to that episode was the mass Recap they all had on stage....The entire time I just felt like "if i was at that concert, I would be just pissed off that one of the groups just started talking about their life stories and was wasting time" Like seriously, who does that at a competition...

Still, it was good and I hope for a second season.
All Hail Lelouch Vi Britannia!!
Sep 25, 2016 11:52 AM

Aug 2013
Why would you devote half of the ending to a recap theatre act? Why?
I would give this show a 7/10, if only they didn't do that (and a few other things).

As it stands, I can't see this show deserving anything more than a 6/10. I gave the original LL that too, but I wasn't thinking of giving the original LL a 7/10 ever, so I guess Sunshine is better in terms of enjoyment, but only barely.

Nice anime though. Looking forward to a much improved Season 2. I'm confident that, with Sunshine putting aside the copycat business, their season 2 will be as good, if not better than the original season 2.
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Sep 25, 2016 12:47 PM

Jul 2013
That recap when the performances had to happen hurt an otherwise solid episode and fitting goodbye. Lets see if we get a S2.
Sep 25, 2016 1:07 PM
May 2013
If there is something that I learn from LLS it will be this.

No matter how good you start, how good you progress, a crap ending will ruin the whole thing.
Sep 25, 2016 1:45 PM

May 2016
Wow, does nobody here understands that the "recap" theatre was not for the sake of filling space? It had an actual purpuse in the plot, as they were trying to appeal to the people, telling the story of they group and about their school in a theatrical way in hopes of going "from 0 to 1", and it was not unnecessary either because it actually helped...

No matter though...People will still watch that part and say "wow, that recap part was like, soooooo unnecessary"...AKSJASK, I'm pissed...

Allow me to state my only problem with this anime...the "school in going to close" returning again...Like, people were complaining sinse the beggining that Sunshine was coping a bunch of stuff from the first one, but I didn't care about it they weren't major and at least they happened slightly different...But then they came with the exact same school problem and that left me disappointed, because at least Chika's motivations were different from Honoka's, but now just like Honoka she wants to save the school be cause "she loves the school" and stuff...I'm definitely not a fan of it...

But that's it, that was my only problem, the rest was as all good...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Sep 25, 2016 3:38 PM

Mar 2014
Needs more Yuri scenes

well anyway, so what happened at the end ? Win ? Lose ? Disqualified because of the rules ?
Sep 25, 2016 3:44 PM

Sep 2016
xiety10 said:
Needs more Yuri scenes

well anyway, so what happened at the end ? Win ? Lose ? Disqualified because of the rules ?
disqualified for muse plagiarism rofl
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 25, 2016 4:53 PM

Apr 2013
That act they did before singing was pretty cringeworthy.

This show really tried to force the drama and emotion and it was actually just making it kind of awkward at times. I'm still giving it a relatively decent ranking because I did enjoy it and because Yohane. It's not touching the OG series, but it wasn't a bad spin off either. I'm sure the sequel will be significantly better.
Sep 25, 2016 5:28 PM

Aug 2016
Gonna be honest here. I didn't really like this last episode. Don't get me wrong I still liked Sunshine but and ending like that can put you off sometimes.

The show started off average I was worried of a copy-paste scenario but I got really excited after the later half because those episodes were great and the show as a whole has a lot more character development that Muse's series. Even so I still think Sunshine seems a little bit rushed or tried to cram too much into 13 episodes. Might not have a 2nd season (though knowing Sunrise, it will). I think it's on par with the original LL, they are different sort of style though maybe? I feel wrong comparing. Muse had more charm and draw in more attention but Aqours have more "feeling"? Dunno how to put it.

7/10 for me. Both Love Live's are no masterpiece anime show to begin with but I enjoyed my time. I'd give both Muse and Aqours series 7/10 as a fan and maybe from a more "pro" review point of view a 6/10.

But man I must say (in obligatory caps): MIJUKU DREAMER IS STILL THE BEST LL INSERT SONG IN EXISTENCE ALONG WITH ANGELIC ANGEL. (Yes, that makes it a bit obvious that I don't have those "j-pop" sort of tastes which is what mot LL songs are).
The final boss fight in Kirby: Planet Robobot is the most epic thing since toasted bread.

DEDEDE DEDEDE DEDEDE DEDEDE DEDEDE- D3.
Sep 25, 2016 5:32 PM

Aug 2016
xiety10 said:
Needs more Yuri scenes

Definitely DQ for not following the rules. It was stated they couldn't get the crowd singing by the stage with them but YOLO.
The final boss fight in Kirby: Planet Robobot is the most epic thing since toasted bread.

DEDEDE DEDEDE DEDEDE DEDEDE DEDEDE- D3.
Sep 25, 2016 6:32 PM

Jan 2011
no way that would of actually pass letting them spend 5mins reenacting the recap of the whole show in a somewhat cringey play lol.

i'm not a rabid fan of LL but i do find them quite enjoyable while i had a good time watching this i couldn't get over the fact of how much of a copy paste it was and you can't say it wasn't from the extremely tropey characters that have random catchphases they have to say whenever they're on screen at least once ,to the almost exact same plot which they tried to progress the story with them trying being their own group and had some fair amount of character development in the end it just ended up being more of the same LL.

which is fine but with a brand new cast i was a expecting something little bit different seeing how it's the 3rd part of the series.
7/10
Sep 25, 2016 8:49 PM

Oct 2011
omfg Chika and the others telling the. their story and that song 😭 Season 2 Please
Sep 26, 2016 3:00 AM

Dec 2014
I think this season ended really well. The final performance was amazing, i loved how they brought he crowd/school into it a little.

I kinda saw it as cliffhan but it's whatever because I'm hoping they get a second season! I really enjoyed this anime overall, and is happy they didn't keep comparing themselves to Muse.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Sep 26, 2016 7:05 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
8/10
I thought it was touching when the group did the whole recap of how Aqours came to be.
The performance was just amazing, background visuals, the way the stadium lit up to blue glow sticks, what a way to end season 1. Then the transition from the performance to the beach, it looked very good, loved the sparkleness from the waves. End the episode with a group picture.

Why I gave the show an 8/10?

- Songs, I enjoyed Sunshine's songs more than Muse's.

- Enjoyment, Sunshine to me did very well in that aspect, the characters all had their fair share of memorable highlights and funny scenes, certainly better than Muse's.
- Outfits, those outfits that Riko, Chika and You wore on the 1st performance looked very pretty. In general the outfits Aqours wore to me looked better than muses but that's just my preference.

The downfall to this show was the similarity to how Muse started, and the late realization that Aquors needs to have their own identity. If they would have realized sooner or even from the start, perhaps they would have done better in their earlier performances.

If season 2 does come, I think it would be better to focus more the Love Live and have the group get some exposure, like do outside events so fans and others know who they are.

Sep 26, 2016 8:54 AM
Oct 2014
HyperL said:
Wow, does nobody here understands that the "recap" theatre was not for the sake of filling space? It had an actual purpuse in the plot, as they were trying to appeal to the people, telling the story of they group and about their school in a theatrical way in hopes of going "from 0 to 1", and it was not unnecessary either because it actually helped...

No matter though...People will still watch that part and say "wow, that recap part was like, soooooo unnecessary"...AKSJASK, I'm pissed...

Allow me to state my only problem with this anime...the "school in going to close" returning again...Like, people were complaining sinse the beggining that Sunshine was coping a bunch of stuff from the first one, but I didn't care about it they weren't major and at least they happened slightly different...But then they came with the exact same school problem and that left me disappointed, because at least Chika's motivations were different from Honoka's, but now just like Honoka she wants to save the school be cause "she loves the school" and stuff...I'm definitely not a fan of it...

But that's it, that was my only problem, the rest was as all good...

Yup, I really liked that recap part too, don't know why so many hated that

And isn't on the original LL the rule mentions that you can sing as many song in the regional final? So Aqours did the smart thing by doing that recap which I think is very well done
Sep 27, 2016 12:43 AM

Jun 2011
Oh man Riko has the best faces ever... Waifu right there
I was worried that if Riko hadn't told them that rule, that Aquos was going to pull off that nation wide Idol Flash Mob u's did.
I was never a fan of Sunny Day Song to begin with, so I didn't want to see a Final Live with the whole school joining in, it just wouldn't make sense.

I absolutely love that little recap story performance they did with the audience, I had the stupidest grin on my face.
I cried at that performance, beautiful ending.

Can't wait for Season 2.
Rayn3698Jul 17, 2017 12:01 AM
Sep 27, 2016 1:08 AM
Mar 2016
I think ... too much blame on this episode, then all people like say

"This is worst than LL Original"
"This anime is trainwreck"

bla bla bla

This ending is one of the best ending this year and you can't say this anime bad cause one episode only

I think this series get many praises in this site, but i guess it wrong

I'm dissapointed

Note : This is one of the best idol anime for me (i still don't like LL Original), behind The Idolm@ster Original
Sep 27, 2016 3:37 AM

May 2013
Rin is actually Chika's mom lmao

Riko actually knows and admit she's pretty haha

Yohane mom is best LLS mom

Sunrise screwed the fanbase to think they were gonna perform Step Zero to One with all the hints and foreshadowing. Best troll ever. hahaha

I really like how they retold their entire season in a play before performing Mirai Ticket instead of Step Zero to One.
DarkwindJRSep 27, 2016 3:42 AM
Sep 27, 2016 4:01 AM

May 2010
done watching this and its a good anime. but i dont think this will have a second 2 well we will see about it..
Sep 27, 2016 7:01 PM

Feb 2013
This was good, I liked the original Love Live more, but this was still good. I think the second season will be better.

7/10
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Top 5 Favorite Love Live Sunshine Girls

TomCena1114 - Mar 29, 2023

25 by Erikor »»
May 1, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2016

142 by nanuha »»
Apr 13, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

214 by Kayroad »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Favorite Aquors member ( 1 2 )

ya_hallo - Sep 10, 2016

70 by LemonXChio »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

101 by laaala »»
May 9, 2023 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.