Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2016 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
It was okay

I'm a little concerned that it's just gonna be a rehash of the first season though

Which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but eh
Jul 2, 2016 12:16 PM

Feb 2008
Needs more Nico.

(Ruby seems cute, though...)
Jul 2, 2016 12:27 PM

May 2014
What a great start, I reaally like the episode 1
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2016 12:34 PM

Dec 2015
I loved the first episode! I love the characters so far and I'm happy they're not the same types of characters from the first Love Live. I was worried they would have the same types of personalities and traits but they all seem different and refreshing in their own ways!

I can't wait to see what's next in Aqours' story!
Jul 2, 2016 12:43 PM

Sep 2013
Visually the anime looks amazing, the songs were good too. It's shaping up to be good. I must admit I cried a little when "start dash" played.
Jul 2, 2016 12:44 PM

Sep 2013
krisichiki said:
Best girl in quotation marks because nobody will beat Nozomi. :3

Amen to that. Nozomi is best girl of all the things ever.
Jul 2, 2016 1:04 PM

Dec 2014
Veronin said:
Needs more Nico.

(Ruby seems cute, though...)

Maybe too shy, but yeah she's definitely the cute alternative to Nico-nii senpai IMO.
(even if I think that they wanted Yoshiko to become a new Nico...) .

The fact that "START:DASH" is probably the best song of this episode makes me wonder if they'll achieve to give LL Sunshine a true identity. The opening is decent, but not as a good as I expected (probably because the first LL opening was great but it doesn't mean that they can't do better). And moreover if we compare the ED of LL sunshine to Susume Tomorrow, they are both catchy but Susume Tomorrow had our attention from the beginning and perfectly concluded the first episode.

I don't hate changes, but for the moment, LL first episode is better than LLS's one IMO. I really want to know more about these 9 new girls !
Jul 2, 2016 1:05 PM

Jan 2014
Wow Riko is so cute...
Jul 2, 2016 1:13 PM

Apr 2014
Fucking fantastic first episode.

I loved every second of it and was extrememly sad when the episode ended

Waiting a week is going to feel like hell

Jul 2, 2016 1:16 PM
May 2016
10/10 1st episode I'm glad that the New Love Live does not Dissapoint and the MC is like Honka and i love it. Also i love the Harbor Country style they lived in plus i get to hear the Start Dash epicness of Love Live S1 and I'm glad that someone is Following the Muse Footstep haha the Setokaichou is not bad either cuz shes not overly strict and she is easy to ge along plus the Alien Girl haha love her , together with the Shy Girl and normal one haha plus the Red Hair Pianist Girl (not Maki) she will be the Composer of the group . Wow iLove Love Live so much even of the Cast is new they still maintain the overall feeling i had since s1 and s2 +movie all i have is Praise for this 1st episode and im Fanboying so much right now . so far almost all anime has a GREAT pilot episode with ReLife which i Binge watch *_*
Jul 2, 2016 1:17 PM

Nov 2014
Cute group, I like Rika.
I still think muse will stay superior but let's see..

Hi there
Jul 2, 2016 1:23 PM

Oct 2013
I thought ep 1 was okay. Lots of characters introduced, including three that have a very similar appearance with the exception of eye color. For me the best part was the homage to the original series. It's cool to see that Chika is inspired by the original girls instead of having Sunshine pretend that Muse never existed. I'm fairly confident I'll enjoy this more as the series plays out. I loved seasons 1 and 2 of Love Live.
Jul 2, 2016 1:32 PM

Jun 2016
good episode, quite funny, the characters look good.
Jul 2, 2016 1:56 PM

Sep 2013
I never wanted to be an idol fanboy, but I couldn't resist this show, I just couldn't :'(
It was so good :'(

Waiting for more chuuni cutey, but Chika is so lovey too.

Jul 2, 2016 1:59 PM

May 2014
No matter how many Love Livers will deny it, Chika is a literal copy and paste of Honoka.

Honoka - sees A-Rise perform on a big screen in the city which inspires her to become an idol.
Chika - sees U's perform on a big screen in the city which inspires her to become an idol.

Honoka - her mom runs a sweet shop and she has a reliable sister.
Chika - her mom runs a cafe and she has a reliable sister(?)

Honoka - happy go lucky, doesn't really take it seriously. Gets rejected by student council president.
Chika - happy go lucky, doesn't really take it seriously. Gets rejected by student council president.

Honoka - has orange hair.
Chika - has orange hair.

Honoka - once Kotori sees how serious she is, she joins.
Chika - once You sees how serious she is, she joins.

And I swear to weeb jesus that a fair few of Dia's lines were literally copied and pasted from Eli.
Jul 2, 2016 2:02 PM

Aug 2014
Star Dash came and I f//cking cried with such mainly tears
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jul 2, 2016 2:15 PM

Dec 2009
Oh wow, what a huge relief~
I was worried they'd be unable to recapture the magic of the first, like what happened with Cinderella Girls... But i can already see a season full of smiles, joy and wonderful goofiness. Just need to wait, hope and see if there is a great emotional chain of events to go with the Love Live magic~

GuidedCursor said:

I love this goofy stuff.
ichii_1 said:
Waiting for more chuuni cutey, but Chika is so lovey too.

Love Live never fails to give me the biggest smile i've ever had.

DID NOBODY SEE HOW MANY FRIGGIN TIMES SHE SKIPPED THAT ROCK!? HAX
Chika is officially a rock-skipping god.
GenesisAriaJul 2, 2016 2:22 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jul 2, 2016 2:26 PM

May 2014
Everything feels a hell of a lot silly, which is cool by me since it's a rather fun watch.

Hoping they don't drop the ball with some bad drama later on down the track.
Jul 2, 2016 2:40 PM
Nov 2013
Did anyone get a little sad when Chika was telling Riko about Muse? The feels came back to me when I saw all my beloved girls ;-;

Riko is going to be the best girl, I can already tell. Maybe the chuuni girl as well/

Loved it. I'm glad it wasn't entirely similar to the first episode of the first series, and the characters were unique in their own way (except the student council president, she was very similar to Eli-chan).

The music is very catchy, and the animation was amazing as well. I think the CG dancing has gotten better too! High expectations for this.
Jul 2, 2016 2:46 PM

May 2013
Hnnngggg.. Chika X Riko moment...

FIX !! I'm Shipping Chika X Riko
Jul 2, 2016 2:47 PM

Oct 2011
ahhhh love live 😍😍
Jul 2, 2016 3:00 PM

May 2013
HecticLeo said:

The chuunibyou single-bun blue haired girl's voice does not fit well with her character design. Something about her voice and how she looks bothers me and I can't help but picture Ranko from Idolmaster. No problems with the rest of the characters.

Yea, unlike Ranko (who are natural born chuunibyou), Yoshiko use different voice for potraying Yohana whereas Ranko always use her natural voice
audianJul 2, 2016 3:04 PM
Jul 2, 2016 3:19 PM

Feb 2015
Very fun and cute, and as I expected, VERY similar to school idol project. Resentful student council present whose icy heart will inevitably be melted, light brown haired happy, fun main character with a sweet grey haired sidekick. I don't dislike it for this though, idol shows are very fun to watch and school idol project was great so it's not a bad thing. It was also really nice to hear my favourite love live song, start dash again. Would be great if they got to all meet muse, like how muse originally got to meet that 3-piece idol group (and took their first place in the love live competition). Should be a fun ride, will continue...
Jul 2, 2016 3:34 PM

May 2010
yeh no reason to watch this.
Jul 2, 2016 3:40 PM

Oct 2012
Not bad for a start and I like how they put µ's and Start:Dash in. Aquors seems like very normal girls, and this anime has high slice-of-life potential.

Chika seems to be way too similiar to Honoka though and Dia is much like Eri in her strictness as school prez (strangely she knows a lot about idols and Love Live).

Two surprising things already - is Mari (the blond one in the helicopter) foreigner? And to think that Riko attended Otonokizaka Gakuen and yet she know nothing about µ's is really strange. Or does she hide it cause she knows them (possible cameo incoming)?

Kanan the best girl so far! (weirldly her chara design is very similiar to Yoshiko who hasn't been introduced yet - are they related somehow? but I guess the personality-wise they are totally different)
Mich666Jul 2, 2016 3:53 PM
Jul 2, 2016 3:56 PM

May 2008
It was okay. Nothing groundbreaking, but okay.

Seems like this is going to be a rehash of the first season. That's not a bad thing, though. The songs so far are quite good.

I find it impossible for Riko to not know about idols or µ's. Everyone at their school knew who they were.

I kind of wished this show would be different, but what am I kidding? Love Live's just a big moneymaking machine.
Jul 2, 2016 4:05 PM

May 2011
Better CG than berserk
Jul 2, 2016 4:07 PM

Oct 2012
Melcookie96 said:
Anyone know about the whole time skip in between the series? Because surely everyone in Otonokizaka would know about the famous idol group that saved the school. Unless Riko has some reason to not know.

I believe there is basically no timeskip if I'm not wrong. It's continuing with new school year after µ's Dome concert that was at the end of March after their graduation.

Rufix said:
Still, where's the Washi Washi character?

I bet Yoshiko is actually meant to be one.. or it could be Mari.. but we'll see.
Jul 2, 2016 4:09 PM

Dec 2012
That was a good episode. OP song is quite catchy. ED song is good as well.
Chika is determined to form a school idol group.
Nice to see the other girls that will eventually join.
Nice to hear Start:Dash!!.
Looking forward to when they all sing.
Santoryu_XBurnerJul 2, 2016 4:21 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 2, 2016 4:27 PM

Dec 2014
It's charming and the 3D animation is significantly better than it was in School Idol Project.

My only concern is that it appears to be following the first season note by note. Hopefully they'll start changing it up soon.
Jul 2, 2016 4:39 PM

Mar 2012
krisichiki said:
Not impressed with the first episode. The pacing was weird, but I understand they had to introduce all nine girls somehow. Although I don't want to compare the two series too much, I have to say I did enjoy the first Love Live! episode more and I found it more touching. The pacing there felt more natural as well.

I can't comment too much on the opening song. I need to listen to it a few more times before I can form an opinion. What I do know, however, is that I fought Love Live!'s first opening more catchy... but that might be just me having expectations of Aqours. Their songs so far have been decent (and some of them really great) so I was a little let down by the opening.

Despite all this, I believe this series has potential and I want to believe the Aqours girls will turn out to be great and love-able. It's just one episode, I can't judge them nor compare them to μ's who has six years worth of development that allows us to watch their episodes fondly.

Lastly, the animation is a lot, a lot better than the first series. I also love the setting and it's really fitting considering it's summer. It's a pleasure to watch.

I share a lot of similar thoughts with what you wrote here. Some of the transitions of Chika going from one character to another felt a little jarring/unnatural. But yeah, it indeed has been only one episode and it wasn't like the original LL grabbed me right away from the get-go. Definitely am looking forward to seeing this new cast being fleshed out this season.
Jul 2, 2016 4:42 PM

Aug 2014
That was a nice start! This might just be the anime of the season for me. Though the pacing was a bit off.
Ruby does look a lot like Nico, I think I already know who the best girl is.
Jul 2, 2016 4:42 PM

Feb 2013
I felt my heart stop when the first notes of start:dash started playing omg... Im still not over them and I hope this show doesnt constantly start showing cameos and stuff because it would be too sad for me ;-;

So far Ruby and that girl with chuunibyou are my faves, I also liked the ending Song :3

Jul 2, 2016 4:52 PM

May 2014
Rufix said:
kathionth said:

The blue ribbon is just the first years' ribbon color. You get a different color every year, Riko was not necessarily in the same batch as them.

As far as I know, I don't know of any official time gaps from the original Love Live to Sunshine, so I could be wrong too.

Well, the opening scenes were just after u's have won Love Live, what brought Chika into School Idols thing, then she mentioned the Dome concert to Riko - way past u's disbanding, 3rd Love Live, if I remember correctly, or if we go by real life u's, their last concert. Still, she can't be younger than Maki-roll, Rinyan and Kayocchi, unless u's were popular 'nuff to stay on top for a year after disbanding.

Take note that the screen Chika had seen was MUSE already popular, and the video is playing all the time meaning it can be seen in all timelines after muse was disbanded. (Unless a MORE popular group overtakes muse's popularity)
Riko said she didn't know about MUSE so it's possible that Maki, Hanayo and Rin (1st years) already graduated on Otonoki. It means that she was a first year (blue ribbon) when all of muse has graduated and ARISA and YUKIHO are in 3rd years. (they stated that they will go to Otonoki as first years after the 3rd years had graduated)

Meaning, this anime may take place 4 years after (during the movie) and 1 year after (end of the movie)
Jul 2, 2016 5:09 PM

Aug 2013
Brilliant first episode. I'm already a Chika fan. Loved that song at the end, too. Very excited for this anime to be back!
Jul 2, 2016 5:45 PM

Jun 2014

I can already tell this is gonna be a fun season. Man, hearing Start:Dash really gave me some nostalgia, and the songs they used as the op/ed sounded great. I feel like I'm going to end up being a huge fan of Riko, Yoshiko, and Kanan, but I'm definitely going to love all of them just like with µ's. Chika's voice sounded really good to me as well. The clarity in it reminded me of Rin's singing. It was also a surprise to see that Riko is a transfer student from the same school that everyone in µ's was in. The CGI and animation has also noticeably improved. So far, so great. I'm extremely excited for the rest of the series now.

EDIT: I JUST REALIZED RIKO PLAYS THE VIOLA AND PIANO, WHICH ARE THE EXACT TWO INSTRUMENTS I PLAY, AND MY BIRTHDAY IS 9 DAYS AWAY FROM HER IDK WHY BUT THAT MAKES ME SO EXCITED
nyarikoJul 2, 2016 10:08 PM

Jul 2, 2016 5:50 PM

May 2015
EXFalchion said:
Yoshiko is confirmed to be the best character in all of Love Live

Top reason why I'm tempted to make her my best girl.
All her chuuni poses just keep bringing me back there. (Dia pointed at Chika in one scene though coughs)
Jul 2, 2016 6:07 PM

Jun 2015
good start!
the characters are interesting and cute, im looking foward to this new love live
Jul 2, 2016 6:14 PM

Apr 2012
Hearing start dash again brought a smile to my face.
I loved this episode, fantastic start!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jul 2, 2016 6:20 PM

Jan 2014
First time I ever watch this series. The girls are surprisingly adorable. I guess they must be if it is an anime about idols. Still they are so full of personalities. I think these girls are gonna be fun to see, considering their quirks and interactions.

Considering how much Dia seems to know and reject the idea, it seems she attempted to do something like this before but didn't work.

Anyway looking forward to this.
Jul 2, 2016 6:53 PM

Mar 2013
Liked it a lot. The new girls seem very nice though a few of them seem very similar to the first group girls (Chika is basically a new Honoka). Still, very good start. The opening and ending songs were very good and the animation seems top notch. I'll be surely watching the rest.
Jul 2, 2016 7:03 PM

Jul 2012
Watching this made me miss the previous Love Live! characters.

I really liked when they showed them. A lot of people in here mentioning nostalgia because of that, a few people said they did even though they watched it for the first time a few months ago. I watched it while it was airing from the 1st episode and it was pretty nostalgic. I like that this is at least in the same universe.

That'd be awesome if they actually show up at some point in this also.
Jul 2, 2016 7:13 PM

Jan 2011
Well that was a good start...the characters seem quite animated?and more goofy then U's members, plus to early to tell if having a whole brand new cast of voice actors will be good or not.

body can't handle all these cute girls doe.

gonna be hard not comparing the two in the coming weeks hopefully the new girls branch out a bit more than the old cast already got a chuunibyou confirmed.

still not a fan of the 3DGCI even if it's improved you would think with all their money they would change it up now ,only thing that bothers me still
Jul 2, 2016 7:22 PM

Jun 2015
As the first episode its very cute, but im sure as time passes on itll be hard to compare the original LL. Favorites are hanamaru, yoshiko and riko.

Though im pleasantly suprised that chika is different from honoka- chika seems a bit more mischevious and not as goody two shoes. Just my two cents.
Jul 2, 2016 8:09 PM

Jul 2012
I like it. I still think the second season of the first series was lacking something.... but somehow this has, i dunno, recaptured the spirit of the first season? I'll be looking forward to how this develops :)
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Jul 2, 2016 8:12 PM

Apr 2011
I love the first episode. We've seen all the girls.

Yohane is funny and cute chuuni girl. Riko sooo cute. my heart skipped a beat when she smiled when she introduced herself.

Its quite a funny twist when Riko smiled when she was ask to join only to decline at the end.
Jul 2, 2016 8:28 PM

Jan 2013
It was decent, I feel like I was too hyped up for it and it didn't necessarily live up to the hype I had.
I personally thought that the were trying to fit too many things into the first episode- They showed every character, even when it wasn't necessary (for example, the scene with Mari in the helicopter could have easily not have been there and it wouldn't have changed anything about the episode). The 'ending' song at the end too- I liked the song a lot, but the way it was placed into the episode felt really forced. Also, I felt like the scene with mu's dragged on for too long.
There were parts I really enjoyed however, such as the beginning until Yoshiko appears (I like her, but again, the way she was added into that part felt forced), the scene when they were at Kanan's diving(?) shop, the scene on the beach with Riko and the scene with You signing the sheet to the School Idol Club.
However, this episode really made me like Chika, she is so funny! Music was good, animation was good, and characters seem likeable.

6/10 for me, I hope the series eventually gets better.
Jul 2, 2016 9:28 PM

Feb 2014
I was a little hesitant to pick this up, but it didn't feel as big of a rehash of the first series as I thought it would. As of now, anyway. Except for Chika. She's pretty much a Honoka 2.0. The pacing was somewhat fast during the first half of the episode, and it tried a little too hard to sell the show and the quirks of the characters. Still, not a bad start.
Jul 2, 2016 10:02 PM
Jul 2016
This episode was just too much for my heart. Just as many people commented: When Star Dash started I cried so much, I miss Muse. I have high expectations for them, I love both opening and ending and all the time my heart was beating fast.
By the way, I fell in love with Riko, she's so cute, so passionate and for some reason she remembers me of Sonoda Umi.
Well. I'm anxious for 9 july :)
Jul 2, 2016 10:22 PM

Jan 2011
VanishingKira said:
Okay start,no real distinct/unique personalities in the girls shown so far.

You mean Sunshine is just a reincarnation of the original cast. That's the most off putting thing to me is it's literally like watching an alternative cast bc they all look exactly the same. It's LoveLive 2.0

I remember when I first saw the first visual for the anime I was like...is...is this like all their daughters or something?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Top 5 Favorite Love Live Sunshine Girls

TomCena1114 - Mar 29, 2023

25 by Erikor »»
May 1, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2016

142 by nanuha »»
Apr 13, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

164 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 10, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Favorite Aquors member ( 1 2 )

ya_hallo - Sep 10, 2016

70 by LemonXChio »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

101 by laaala »»
May 9, 2023 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.