Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 3, 2009 4:45 PM

Aug 2009
I don't know what this show is anymore...

George was awesome though.
Dec 3, 2009 4:47 PM

Jul 2009
How long does it take for one VN EP to come out? one each year?

noteDhero said:
Another boring episode. It seems like all this did was all but confirm what magic is supposed to represent in the show. The stuff with Ange was most important, but not really focused on, instead opting for these cheesy fights. With Ronove's comments, it feels like they are placing (at least) Genji and Kumosawa on the evil side. Jessica mistakes Ronove for Genji, and he calls him his vessel. We've seen that Kumosawa was actually Virgilia on one of the game boards, and we've seen Eva and Ange inherit the title of Beatrice.

Also, I wonder how much of this show has to do with psychological manipulation on the part of Genji. We see this prison, and Genji/Goldsmith has remarked to Nanjo about what they did there. I'm beginning to even wonder if his children are related to him by blood, but that's another story.

Finally, was a sophisticated card system like that at the bank even invented at the time? I don't think it was. It just confuses me why they even have this show set in the 80s if they're going to take such liberties in some places but not others.
all i say:
1.me and genji, never been evil for one tiny second~ :D
2. dont really know what you mean in the second paragraph~
3.it was 1998~
Dec 3, 2009 4:55 PM

Jul 2009
hirahira said:
To me, the most interesting part about this part was that whoever sent those letters knew that Ange wouldn't be going to the island that year. I wonder if that makes Eva and Hideyoshi more suspicious or less suspicious since they are the ones who asked where she was.
That is actually what I was thinking for a minute now. Due to the street fighter stuff + Gaap and the gap in her clothes, I completely forgot the letters in the beginning lol... I took for granted that the letters were from the culprit (for whichever reason it might be), but now that thinking about it, it just came to me that the letters were actually from Eva, who possibly understood the "game" and survived the murders, she got gold and paid the relatives of those, who were actually not really involved, aka not the relatives (neither shano, kanon or genji) but Nanjo, kumosawa and gohda(?)
Dec 3, 2009 5:01 PM

Jun 2008
but those letters were sent on October 3rd. That's before the family conference.
Dec 3, 2009 5:01 PM

Aug 2008
vinesage said:
all i say:
1.me and genji, never been evil for one tiny second~ :D
2. dont really know what you mean in the second paragraph~
3.it was 1998~

I meant that what I've been calling a split personality (or other mental things) with Maria, Eva, Rosa, Jessica are the manipulations done on Kinzo's part (sorry, I said Genji/Goldsmith instead of Kinzo/Goldsmith) to create sufficient 'offspring' to carry on his will.

Was it 98? That guy looked much younger in the the flashback, and he said that he went to the bank right after it was sent.
noteDheroDec 3, 2009 5:06 PM
Dec 3, 2009 5:07 PM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:
I meant that what I've been calling a split personality (or other mental things) with Maria, Eva, Rosa, Jessica are the manipulations done on Kinzo's part (sorry, I said Genji/Goldsmith instead of Kinzo/Goldsmith) to create sufficient 'offspring' to carry on his will.

Was it 98? That guy looked much younger in the the flashback, and he said that he went to the bank right after it was sent.
ah ok. find it unlikely but cant deny what i dont know ~

hmm you are right, forgot it was a flashback and the letter was received around that time. so, i dont know. :D but I still dont find it weird though~
Dec 3, 2009 5:08 PM

Feb 2008
eh
not killer or being kill
lol
so many Gaap fan service
Dec 3, 2009 5:47 PM

Oct 2009
kidichi said:

so many Gaap fan service
So I was not seeing things...it was meant for fan service...

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 3, 2009 5:52 PM

Apr 2009
Didn't like.
But I really enjoyed watching George do something for once.
Dec 3, 2009 5:53 PM
Jul 2009
Amazing episode! I thought it was REALLY good. Probably one of the best Umineko episodes I've seen so far. ^_^

I've seen quite a few people saying that the anime version of Umineko isn't as good as the Visual Novel version. Is it really that bad compared to the visual novel? Are they really cutting out a lot of scenes good/important scenes? If so, that sucks. -_-

I really can't say Umineko is a bad anime or a bad adaption since I've never seen the visual novel before. :P To me, it's AMAZING! :D
Dec 3, 2009 5:57 PM

Jun 2007
Zer0-sama said:
Amazing episode! I thought it was REALLY good. Probably one of the best Umineko episodes I've seen so far. ^_^

I've seen quite a few people saying that the anime version of Umineko isn't as good as the Visual Novel version. Is it really that bad compared to the visual novel? Are they really cutting out a lot of scenes good/important scenes? If so, that sucks. -_-

I really can't say Umineko is a bad anime or a bad adaption since I've never seen the visual novel before. :P To me, it's AMAZING! :D

All the important scenes are intact. They just don't have the intensity the VN had.

I'd say the anime is a B adaption. It's solid but not spectacular.
Dec 3, 2009 6:45 PM
Nov 2009
hopefully there will be a test for maria next episode?
Dec 3, 2009 7:23 PM

Jun 2007
Umineko 24 preview

Dec 3, 2009 7:35 PM

Jun 2008
They spoil too much in the previews. It was funny though and at least 556 got mentioned in it
Dec 3, 2009 7:38 PM

Jun 2007
Now things to note about this episode.

07151129, the number to the bank vault is the same number written on the door near the end of EP3.

The letters containing that number were mailed BEFORE the start of the conference. So something had been set in motion before it even began.

Extra character TIPs

Something else worth noting, since piece Battler hasn't seen the bodies of the six victims of the first twilight, they aren't shown as dead on the character screen at this time.
LunarEmeraldDec 3, 2009 7:47 PM
Dec 3, 2009 7:55 PM

Jun 2008
I just noticed that they mentioned the sick granddaughter in Masayuki's TIP. I wonder if she is important somehow
Dec 3, 2009 7:59 PM
Mar 2009
That is one of the prime reasons Nanjo is high on my suspect list, he's one of the few we could actually see a clear motive for, while the others are harder to figure out.
Dec 3, 2009 8:00 PM

Aug 2008
I think she'd only be important if she were a point of manipulation on Nanjo's part.
Dec 3, 2009 8:50 PM

Jan 2009
Badass george.

No mortal stampede or victima propiciatoria, but the battle music pretty good. not bad.

again, the pacing is too fast, makes the battle less intense. 2 episode left and i think DEEN will do their best for the tea party, i hope.
Dec 3, 2009 9:49 PM
Oct 2009
That was a pretty cool episode. I liked the fight scene between Gaap and George, who knew he had such skill!
Dec 3, 2009 10:00 PM

Jul 2008
From the preview it looks as though more and more VN music will be used in the final episodes.
Dec 3, 2009 10:17 PM

Sep 2007
Man this show is so much more interesting when it's not focusing on Ange. Her scenes are just so... dis-engaging.

Watching Gaap fight also made me realize she's a perfect fit in Guilty Gear with her drill hair and sexy sideboob outfit.
Dec 3, 2009 11:56 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
No Beatrice, but still a great episode.

Dec 4, 2009 12:49 AM

Nov 2007
oh wow George is suddently awesome? O_o

anyways great episode again, catching up on the VN takes a while xD

http://gamesmind.wordpress.com/2009/12/04/umineko-no-naku-koro-ni-23-george-lee/ my blog on it
Dec 4, 2009 1:23 AM

Jan 2009
The first part where Ange was talking to the other people was kinda boring but it did give out some important information like what that number written on the door on EP3 was. I'm curious about Ange's 'realization' though.

Oh lawl~ George is being so GAR in this so is Jessica. If I'm not mistaken they're hinting the power of love, determination and belief? I'm not such a fan of George (and I don't think I will) but he did justice to his character in this episode; proves that he's not all talk. Had my laughs during his and Gaap's fight, DEEN loves fanservice so much too bad I don't but really, I wasn't able to take those scenes seriously because I was laughing.

Totally loved Jessica's speech. You go girl! It was kind of funny that what she was saying was shown to her father and Kanon. So embarrassing yet so sweet at the same time.

On ep. 24 preview:

God, I can't believe we're almost nearing the end - I'm still at 1/4 of the EP4 vn.. Geez, I wonder when I can catch-up? xDD
Animanga Blog: -ALPHANoX- PROJECT
Like anime, manga, otome games or other fandom? Then why not join me in -A-P and be one of the co-authors? ;D PM me if interested xDD♥

Love me, Hate me, I don't care as long as you're with me
Dec 4, 2009 4:02 AM
Jul 2008
Is th next episode the finale?
Dec 4, 2009 4:19 AM

Apr 2008
wow they spoiled the hell out of the next episode in the preview @________@
Dec 4, 2009 5:12 AM

Dec 2007
George's karate was much more random in the SN... I mean it came out of nowhere!
Some really nice dialogue was cut that I'm unhappy with, bit i shouldn't be surprised anymore.

And the preview doesn't give much hope that they won't skip over a certain scene...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2009 5:18 AM

Mar 2009
(Anime-only watcher)

I...I don't even know anymore.
I can't think of anything to explain all the fighting. I guess I have to wait for Battler to see the aftermath to begin coming up with possibilities.

Damn, so few episodes left...
I wonder how many more VN episodes there will be, and how long it will be before more anime?
Dec 4, 2009 5:44 AM

Jun 2007
confuser987 said:
Is th next episode the finale?

No. There's 3 episodes left.
Dec 4, 2009 6:22 AM
Aug 2009
vinesage said:
How long does it take for one VN EP to come out? one each year?
2 EPs every year.
Every August and December.

hirahira said:
I just noticed that they mentioned the sick granddaughter in Masayuki's TIP. I wonder if she is important somehow

When I noticed Nanjo mentioning his sick grandchild in EP3, the first thing that came to my mind, was that maybe that grandchild was Ange, who was also known to be sick at that time.
But weren't her parents Rudolph and Kyrie?
Now that you helped me notice the sick daughter in Masayuki's TIP, my suspicions about either Rudolph or Kyrie NOT being Ange's parent have doubled.

Symphonica said:
That was a pretty cool episode. I liked the fight scene between Gaap and George, who knew he had such skill!

He learned it from his mother.
Dec 4, 2009 6:30 AM

Apr 2008
lols ... what kind of choices are that o-o!!

Dec 4, 2009 6:59 AM

Nov 2009
I liked it, George is awesome now. Not sure if his answer to the test was his real one or just what he knew they wanted to hear to make them lower their guard.

Let's be serious, they did lol now he is large and in charge.

I'm looking forward to Battler and Maria's tests if they happen after these ones.

4/5
Dec 4, 2009 8:13 AM

Apr 2009
nice. this show just got more interesting ;)
Dec 4, 2009 8:21 AM

Dec 2008
I'm not sure how this episode will go down with people,

Personally I thought it was awesome and I never thought George or Jessica could be so badass. A 5/5 from me!
charspetcatDec 4, 2009 8:28 AM
Dec 4, 2009 8:24 AM

Jun 2008
Tanpopo_91 said:
well not bad but the scenes where Jessica and George were fighting looked like scene from some battle-action-shounen XD

It was supposed to look like a shounen anime.
Dec 4, 2009 11:40 AM

Jul 2008
Oye. This episode was awesome! O.o Love the 'determination turns into magic' thing. George and Jessica can FINALLY fight a little. xD
mcc badge

Toph: "Even though I was born blind, I've never had any problems seeing."
Dec 4, 2009 1:12 PM

May 2008
So it was a bag eh? I don't remember that bag being in the VN.
And it was...who in there? No way. Someone screencap that I didn't our little adorable shota at all.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 4, 2009 1:21 PM

Aug 2009
moldy_tomato said:

He learned it from his mother.

Damn! Why wasn't that in the anime!?
Dec 4, 2009 1:38 PM
Sep 2008
Did not recall that scene in the slightest. It's pretty awesome sounding.

Eva seems to like to use roundhouse kicks, with it being the one thing George learned. Even if it's shallow, it still works.

Oh hey, Ryukishi is right. You can solve the mystery by the end of episode 4, especially with the metaphors finally done.
Dec 4, 2009 1:44 PM

Jun 2008
ukonkivi said:
And it was...who in there? No way. Someone screencap that I didn't our little adorable shota at all.

In the VN he was in a display case, I think.

If you look closely you should be able to see him
Dec 4, 2009 1:47 PM

Jun 2008
z2000 said:
Did not recall that scene in the slightest. It's pretty awesome sounding.

Eva seems to like to use roundhouse kicks, with it being the one thing George learned. Even if it's shallow, it still works.

That's from the beginning of EP1 and it is one of my favorite parts from EP1. Everyone else seems to think the beginning of EP1 was boring
Dec 4, 2009 2:15 PM

Aug 2008
This is youth.
"Cicadas, even though their lives last only a few weeks, fall in love and disappear"

~Heed the roar of the mighty ocelot~
Dec 4, 2009 2:18 PM

May 2008
Just couldn't get into this episode that much, not to mention the fights being a little cheesy. I can't wait to see more Battler next episode. I saw the preview for the next episode (I'm glad it has subtitles, pity they didn't really tell anything important though) and at
I wanted to lol it seemed so stupid. Also, from the preview I gather
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Dec 4, 2009 2:28 PM
Apr 2009
^
Dec 4, 2009 2:41 PM

Oct 2009
DarkIceXIII said:
(Anime-only watcher)

I...I don't even know anymore.
I can't think of anything to explain all the fighting. I guess I have to wait for Battler to see the aftermath to begin coming up with possibilities.

Honestly, you can't? It didn't occur to you that the metaphor is probably just that they are fighting for their lives against "x" culprit(s)? I don't know why people think they have to explain every detail in the magic scenes as having an equivalency. You don't. That would be simile, not metaphor, after all. ;)
Dec 4, 2009 2:42 PM

Jun 2008
mangastar said:
Also, from the preview I gather

Dec 4, 2009 3:13 PM

Jul 2008
hirahira said:
ukonkivi said:

Dec 4, 2009 3:14 PM

Apr 2009
From what I'm hearing.. spoiler city right now.

Yay, I'm glad I skipped the preview.
Yay.
Dec 4, 2009 3:16 PM

Jun 2008
GarLogan78 said:
hirahira said:
ukonkivi said:

Can't you see his head at the bottom and the red scarf?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.