Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 4, 2009 11:37 AM

Jun 2008
Those saying the show is just for the VN readers, don't be so stupid. That is a rather small target audience.

I can understand everyones problems with it so far as it isn't making sense and is hard to comprehend without any external knowledge of the anime. Instead of people focusing on how the deaths and events can logically explained, people are questioning whter this is a fantasy story rather than a mystery. To be honest I am confused myself and am finding it hard at times to get my teeth stuck into this as it there is no clear path for thought.
Sep 4, 2009 11:51 AM
Aug 2009
Keykeyoh said:
Bea's laugh about 7 min in sounded really bad >.>

Really?
I loved it. Made me laugh too. Too funny!
Sep 4, 2009 11:54 AM

Jun 2008
I hope they use the laugh from the game in the next episode. They used it once so maybe they will use it again
Sep 4, 2009 12:44 PM

Jul 2009
Compared to the game Beato in the anime is ugly and has no charm (
Sep 4, 2009 2:42 PM

Jun 2008
Zekses said:

Ha ha! Yeah, in the VN she really looks like a witch. Ugly as hell. Not that the others look very good.
Sep 4, 2009 2:44 PM
Apr 2009
Monad said:
Zekses said:

Ha ha! Yeah, in the VN she really looks like a witch. Ugly as hell. Not that the others look very good.

say that to my face and not online and see what happens
Not sure if you're trolling..
DenwaSep 4, 2009 2:54 PM
Sep 4, 2009 3:08 PM

Jun 2007
PsychFreak said:
DesolateSol said:
Way too rushed compared to how it happened in the VN...

Are you kidding me? This was slowest paced episode so far of the season. If you look at the first few episodes, now that's what you call rushed.

The preview looks good and it looks like they'll leave some important stuff in next episode, but I still have a feeling it's going to be rushed into the ground. Guess we'll just have to see how they handle it :/

How much each episode has covered.

Legend of the golden witch

Turn of the golden witch

"Back to Main Menu" means the tea parties.
Sep 4, 2009 3:56 PM
Mar 2009
So the last episode and this one were the slowest paced episodes so far huh? Lol, I knew something didn't seem right.

If the next episode is the last of EP2, it's gonna be really jampacked.
Sep 4, 2009 4:02 PM

Jun 2007
Keep in mind that "Resurrection" is really short. It could be done in a minute or less.
Sep 4, 2009 4:14 PM

Jun 2008
Denwa said:
Monad said:
Zekses said:

And yes she is ugly in the VN. If that's not ugly then wtf is it?
Sep 4, 2009 4:14 PM
Mar 2009
MarthX said:
Keep in mind that "Resurrection" is really short. It could be done in a minute or less.

That's right, maybe it'll be nicely paced after all. It has much potential to be as good as episode 5 I believe.
Sep 4, 2009 4:25 PM
Apr 2009
Monad said:
Denwa said:
Monad said:
Zekses said:

And yes she is ugly in the VN. If that's not ugly then wtf is it?

Hurr.
You will never know of beatoriches troll face, tsundere face, ronery face, happy face. ;_;

Pretty much what the person below me said.
DenwaSep 4, 2009 4:37 PM
Sep 4, 2009 4:25 PM

Jun 2007
Yeah the art in the VN is pretty bad to be honest. At least thats what I thought when I started reading it. But like most VN readers have said, it grows on you and now I actually prefer the VN art to the anime ones.
Sep 4, 2009 5:01 PM

May 2008
awesome episode, looks like the next episode is gonna be great

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 4, 2009 5:13 PM

Nov 2008
Great episode. I liked it more than ep 9. At first, I actually thought it was Asmodeus who killed Genji until someone mentioned it was Beelzebub. >///<
Sep 4, 2009 5:16 PM

Jul 2009
That's Gohda, not Genji.
Sep 4, 2009 6:53 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Again, we can't even confirm that the murders actually occurred in these closed rooms...

And Battler, YOU ARE INCOMPETENT. There, I said it.

And I swear, this anime brainwashes you <_<

Frostwake said:
Thats my problem too, its pretty obvious magic exists at this point, and that makes the show worthless

I mean, wasnt the whole fun seeing Battler try to prove that everything happened without magic? Well if magic exists he already lost and I dont see the point of the anime at all

Some witch kills a bunch of people over and over with random magic, weeee

Unless they pull an higurashi and explain the magic as delusions of people -.- maybe theres also a secret virus here and people start seeing golden butterflies after lvl 5 rofl

Once again, whether magic exists or not depends on if Battler can win against Beatrice. If he does, then magic doesn't exist. If Beatrice wins, magic exists. That is part of the risk. I guess the first two arc are just "introductory" stages of the whole game, so don't expect Battler to even have a chance of winning in the first two rounds...The next few arcs will hopefully show that even Beatrice can be beaten and I suspect the introduction of foreign pieces into the equation that will throw off everything....
wakka9caSep 4, 2009 6:57 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 4, 2009 8:53 PM

Jul 2008
Sep 4, 2009 9:05 PM

Apr 2007
New preview link since the old one got deleted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akvpzm4pUXY
Sep 4, 2009 9:16 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
Nope, because I'm at the point where I'm looking at it from both sides since I'm not satisfied with the presentation of magic in the show, and I yet still believe that magic was the cause of the initial murders. As you can see from my posts in this episode and I think maybe the last two, I've been more concerned about what is said regarding where people are and what they are and aren't saying.

To me, the whole show is over-wrought and trying too hard to be cerebral with the "turning the chessboard around," blurry, undefined, inconsistent narration, meta-world, Schroedinger's cat and other thought experiments while doing a terrible job at the most important things like 3 dimensional characters, coherence, and focus.

I have to agree. I came into this with an open opinion knowing that there would be both mystery and "magic". I knew from people's reviews of the VN that I would end up falling into one of two category's....or at least I thought I would. Up to this point I've been trying to see things from both sides, more so from the non-magic side since the majority of the VN fans are for magic and I just wanna be different from them ;P, but right now both seem to be doing a piss poor job of what they where intended to do. The "magic" just isn't attention grabbing or believable and is tossed in as a cheap way of trying to kill what little mystery there is. The mystery is almost moot, every time we're in a position where we should have to "think", magic gets tossed in making the mystery seem almost non existent or just plain laughable. As of right now I'm still pretty much in the middle and feel this show is doing a horrible job of getting me to truly choose a side. I'd also like to see other situations that don't require a locked room, flying butterfly's, or Battler just saying "ahhh I'll never accept you ahhhh". I'm pretty sure if he solved one locked room riddle he would probably win the game since it seems that's all Beo~ has going for her right now.
Sep 4, 2009 9:28 PM

Sep 2008
Epic mindfuck. OP/ED are really growing on me.
Sep 4, 2009 10:33 PM

Jul 2009
DeathfireD said:
noteDhero said:
Nope, because I'm at the point where I'm looking at it from both sides since I'm not satisfied with the presentation of magic in the show, and I yet still believe that magic was the cause of the initial murders. As you can see from my posts in this episode and I think maybe the last two, I've been more concerned about what is said regarding where people are and what they are and aren't saying.

To me, the whole show is over-wrought and trying too hard to be cerebral with the "turning the chessboard around," blurry, undefined, inconsistent narration, meta-world, Schroedinger's cat and other thought experiments while doing a terrible job at the most important things like 3 dimensional characters, coherence, and focus.

I have to agree. I came into this with an open opinion knowing that there would be both mystery and "magic". I knew from people's reviews of the VN that I would end up falling into one of two category's....or at least I thought I would. Up to this point I've been trying to see things from both sides, more so from the non-magic side since the majority of the VN fans are for magic and I just wanna be different from them ;P, but right now both seem to be doing a piss poor job of what they where intended to do. The "magic" just isn't attention grabbing or believable and is tossed in as a cheap way of trying to kill what little mystery there is. The mystery is almost moot, every time we're in a position where we should have to "think", magic gets tossed in making the mystery seem almost non existent or just plain laughable. As of right now I'm still pretty much in the middle and feel this show is doing a horrible job of getting me to truly choose a side. I'd also like to see other situations that don't require a locked room, flying butterfly's, or Battler just saying "ahhh I'll never accept you ahhhh". I'm pretty sure if he solved one locked room riddle he would probably win the game since it seems that's all Beo~ has going for her right now.

I think the VN players were saying too much to make you misunderstand something. Yes, there are two sides: anti-fantasy and anti-mystery, but there is no choosing here. I'm sure that noone will truly choose the anti-mystery, because the magic scenes may be fun to watch, but it'll be ridiculous if something like that actually happen.

Second, if you think that Umineko is something that should encourage you to solve the mysteries, you are wrong. It is totally opposite. It seems that Ryuukishi purposely tries to discourage the his fans to do that. After all, Umineko is a challenge from him to them, if they give up, that'll be his victory.

And you underestimated Beato too much, this is just the beginning. There'll be non "closed room" mysteries later, and they are the hardest to solve, to the point it seems impossible for human to commit the murders.
Sep 4, 2009 11:30 PM

Oct 2008
This epi makes me want to punch anyone standing in my sight.
Sep 5, 2009 12:48 AM

Jan 2008
The preview looks interesting. Finally more scenes with Bern next episode.
Sep 5, 2009 12:12 PM

May 2008
So wait...is Battler only telling Maria he believes in Beatrice to get into her head and get info from her? Or did he really crack under pressure there? <_< No matter which Higurashi you're watching, it'll always be sure to mess with your head and make you think differently about everything all the time.

Beatrice's laugh is getting more fucked up by the minute. I'd rather hear hers over Maria's though.

Sep 5, 2009 2:52 PM

Jul 2009
A bit of oftopic : candy that Maria recieved from Beato I think has just enough volume to hold Kinzo`s ring.
Sep 5, 2009 4:46 PM

Jun 2007
4saken_762 said:
DeathfireD said:
noteDhero said:

I think the VN players were saying too much to make you misunderstand something. Yes, there are two sides: anti-fantasy and anti-mystery, but there is no choosing here. I'm sure that noone will truly choose the anti-mystery, because the magic scenes may be fun to watch, but it'll be ridiculous if something like that actually happen.

Second, if you think that Umineko is something that should encourage you to solve the mysteries, you are wrong. It is totally opposite. It seems that Ryuukishi purposely tries to discourage the his fans to do that. After all, Umineko is a challenge from him to them, if they give up, that'll be his victory.

And you underestimated Beato too much, this is just the beginning. There'll be non "closed room" mysteries later, and they are the hardest to solve, to the point it seems impossible for human to commit the murders.

From what people say it sounded like I would naturally pick a side or get drawn to a side...which isn't happening. I find both sides horrible and lacking.

I hope it gets better. Right now it feels to repetitive and anti-climactic.
Sep 5, 2009 9:55 PM

May 2008
I heard Worldend Dominator.:D

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 6, 2009 3:19 AM

Jan 2009
I DEMAND TEA PARTY
Sep 6, 2009 3:25 AM

Jul 2009
Valandis said:
Lambdadelta is like that with Houjo Satoko?

I don't know how you can come up with that idea. But no, Lambdadelta has nothing to do with Satoko.
Just a hint here: In Greek numeral system, lambda = 30, delta = 4 so Lambdadelta = 34. And there is a certain character in Higurashi has a similar name.
Sep 6, 2009 1:22 PM

Apr 2009
This must be my fav episode so far *-*
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Sep 6, 2009 4:01 PM

May 2008
Umm, didn't Battler give up and admit magic was real, along with Beatrice? I know it was the Battler on the board not the one with Beatrice, but it didn't count?

And in the VN Beatrice really told Battler that he was incompetent in red letters? But wouldn't that be an opinion, and therefor making everything else she says in red questionable?
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Sep 6, 2009 6:06 PM

Jul 2009
Who knows, maybe that's actually the truth XD
Sep 6, 2009 6:33 PM

Jun 2008
it is true. Battler is incompetent right now
Sep 6, 2009 7:25 PM

Feb 2009
Beatroll's laughing is scary...
Sep 7, 2009 1:45 AM

Dec 2007
mangastar said:

And in the VN Beatrice really told Battler that he was incompetent in red letters? But wouldn't that be an opinion, and therefor making everything else she says in red questionable?

no, that's a fact.

The one thing in Umineko that you are given that you shouldn't question is whats in red. You can try looking at what she says in a different light to get different answers, but the basic facts of what she says are absolute truths.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2009 7:33 AM

Jul 2009
Red is always truth but only to a word. You may imply quite a lot more things than really happened from those red truth.

Example : The chapel can`t be locked without the key.

Reads : You have to insert the key into the lock to lock the chapel

Actually : There might exist a second lock somewhere in the house that closes it as good. No one said that you have to use the lock on the front door, you imagined it yourself.
ZeksesSep 7, 2009 7:40 AM
Sep 7, 2009 8:34 AM
May 2008
Zekses said:
Red is always truth but only to a word. You may imply quite a lot more things than really happened from those red truth.

Example : The chapel can`t be locked without the key.

Reads : You have to insert the key into the lock to lock the chapel

Actually : There might exist a second lock somewhere in the house that closes it as good. No one said that you have to use the lock on the front door, you imagined it yourself.

That's kind of leaving logic and substituting arbitrary reasoning.

Anyway, enjoyable episode imo better than the previous two... hard to explain but I felt that the pacing was back on track and not as sporadic as the previous two felt.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Sep 7, 2009 10:12 AM

Jul 2009
NeloDeath said:
That's kind of leaving logic and substituting arbitrary reasoning.

That`s the only kind of logic to win against red "truth"
Sep 7, 2009 12:52 PM

Jun 2007
It's a battle of crazy logic.
Sep 7, 2009 2:54 PM

Jun 2009
its getting interesting, it reminds so much of 1st season of higurashi just because i havnt got a clue whats going on and why it reapets it self, but its still gd.
Believe in me that believes in you.
Sep 7, 2009 3:17 PM

Dec 2008
snakea said:
its getting interesting, it reminds so much of 1st season of higurashi just because i havnt got a clue whats going on and why it reapets it self, but its still gd.

If you don't know ahy it repseats itself, watch episode 5 again.
Sep 8, 2009 5:31 AM

Apr 2009
Great episode,btw,I made a AMV for Umineko(scenes from episode 1 to 10),I want your aprove :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Jje0CBIXo
Sep 9, 2009 12:37 AM

Aug 2009
maria is cute in this episode. :] xD

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Sep 10, 2009 2:20 PM

Aug 2007
Does Maria have a heart? She is so unfazed by everything happening. It's really disturbing. Even more so is her mother and how she treats her. On the subject of Rosa, it seems completely idiotic to suggest that the two servants killed by Kanon were just faking it. That amount of blood on the floor? Who could just walk away from that!?

The magic in this series is so lame. I second Gohda on the "what the hell" when seeing those goats walk down the hall. It reminded me of Kuroshitsuji when Sebastian was wearing the deer head, except then it was comical and didn't take itself seriously like Umineko.

I'll still watch though, just because I want to know the explanation, but this is 100x more annoying than Higurashi, which I didn't find annoying at all. Higurashi was a good kind of confusion, and the explanation no one could have guessed coming. Umineko is just BAH.
Sep 10, 2009 11:04 PM

Sep 2008
Yet another good episode. Although the goats annoy me :| why goats?!
It's too bad I can't watch episode 11 right away :[ I'm so curious, too...meh, can't wait to see what happens next whenever I get around to it.
Sep 11, 2009 8:29 AM

Jun 2008
because goat-heads are supposed to be the symbol of death or something like that. You should look it up
Sep 20, 2009 8:04 AM

May 2008
I really liked Rosa's expressions this time, although I still hate her more than any other character in Umineko... And piece-Battler was nice too... But the most awesome was Gohda :D I like him more and more. Maybe I should stop listening to Happy Maria all the time XD
Dec 6, 2009 9:33 PM

Apr 2009
lol @ Battler's cry.

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
Dec 26, 2009 8:27 PM

Jun 2008
OH DESIIIYAAA, my favorite part of this whole anime. Goats looked creepy, still a what the fuck suckity show but hey, I like that Beatrice smile.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.