Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2014 10:50 AM
Jan 2014
Yukine y u do dis. Seriously though he needs to get his shit together.

Kofuku is awesome lol @ how she handled Bishamon
Feb 25, 2014 11:05 AM

Sep 2013
intense ep haha, i'm liking this series more and more
surprised the guy was able to hold himself back there

also, kofuku talking down to bishamon was GREAT :D
haha way to put her in her place. loved it
Feb 25, 2014 1:06 PM

Aug 2013
Kofuku can be really scary ..
until I'm already mad at Yukine, I think Yato should leave it
but I believe that soon the reason Yato bet on Yukine be revealed
or Yato may die before too ..
only improves the anime, best of the season

Kofuku pode ser realmente assustadora ..
até eu ja estou com raiva do Yukine, penso que Yato devia deixá-lo
mas creio que logo o motivo de Yato apostar em Yukine será revelado
ou Yato poderá morrer antes também ..
o anime só melhora, melhor da temporada
Feb 25, 2014 2:39 PM

Aug 2012
I never liked this Yukine from the start.. And after this episode it just builds up more. Sht now Yato is the one suffering. sigh. This guy is really pissin me off!
"I don't like Megane, I love them"

Feb 25, 2014 5:51 PM

Oct 2011
I feel sorry for Yukine T___T Can't Yato and Hiyori be his friends????
Feb 25, 2014 6:33 PM

Dec 2012
Wow, things certainly took a drastic turn for the worse. Hope Yato and Hiyori will be alright, and that Yukine's issues would finally be resolved (him sulking and running rampant is kind of getting old). Looks like there'll be some sort of ritual performed - to save them, or is it a hole appearing, I wonder?

Overall, a good episode, better than the last couple I think.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Feb 25, 2014 6:50 PM

Jun 2009
Anyone know the bathroom kid's VA. correction, his VA's voice doppleganger? It's killing me. The voice sounds like that of another character that this VA does not voice O_o can't figure it out!
Feb 25, 2014 7:08 PM

Jun 2009
Kofuku got scary o><o
Feb 25, 2014 7:49 PM

May 2009
Does anyone know if Yukine acts like a total ass in the manga too? Like to the degree to cause Yato this much harm.
Feb 25, 2014 8:22 PM

Nov 2007
This anime is so damn sad. I will never understand what Yukine is going through. But I know it's not easy on him. How can anyone blame him for his actions? Do we forget the fact that he is too young to accept the fact that he is not amongst the living anymore? Remember when Yato shed tears for Yukine? Probably that's why Yato is enduring everything.

I wonder why Bishamon stepped back when Kofuku threatened her. I thought Bishamon is the strongest of all of them. Is it because of she respects Kofuku? I think we heard that somewhere in one of the previous episodes.

Noragami is the best Winter Anime so far by some distance. There aren't many serious anime airing this season. So, this one leaves quite the impression after each passing week.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 26, 2014 2:50 AM

Jun 2013
I got so annoyed when Yukine lost control of himself I wanted to punch the screen but damn I'm glad he finally saw how hurt Yato is because of all the shit he has done.

And what's with Daikoku creating the borderline, it's a life and death situation here yo

Nonetheless, I'm freaking looking forward to the next ep (Yato please be okay ;_;)
Feb 26, 2014 2:55 AM

Apr 2013
Getting real tired of your sh*t Yukine ...
Feb 26, 2014 3:37 AM

Sep 2013
fuck that yukine kid -____-
Feb 26, 2014 5:03 AM

Jul 2009
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YUKINE WHY LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE
Feb 26, 2014 5:34 AM

Jan 2010
Yukine is already giving me rage, if he dies I will not be sorry. Kofoku is a fluffy even enjoyed it lurks in bishamon, but otherwise the weather was very dense episode, although a little slow could reinforce what Yukine Yato and feel real, and now I think I will enter the final straight.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Feb 26, 2014 6:02 AM

Oct 2009
Yato!! ;_;
Dam it Yukine getting real tired of your shit. Regardless the buildup and the atmosphere was done perfectly, love it! And Kofuku has a scary side to her too :D!
Feb 26, 2014 6:31 AM

Jul 2009
Yukine is a pain in the rear however I personally like the fact that a troublesome youth is actually damaging in this story instead of just being dissmissed as brooding and/or ranked as the 'cute bad boy' (love interest) - real reason for character progression here.

Feb 26, 2014 6:49 AM

Jan 2011
Kofuku does not discriminate, she hugs everyone :)

Yato giving blades to that bullied student... so that's how he handles cases like this
Feb 26, 2014 8:30 AM
Jul 2011
GhostCell said:
Does anyone know if Yukine acts like a total ass in the manga too? Like to the degree to cause Yato this much harm.

He's even worse in manga.
In anime Bones toned down Yukine, but till now the animation was more or less faithfull to original work.
Feb 26, 2014 8:53 AM

Jul 2009
traittrait said:
GhostCell said:

He's even worse in manga.
In anime Bones toned down Yukine, but till now the animation was more or less faithfull to original work.

I think I'll pick up the manga now.

Feb 26, 2014 9:22 AM

Apr 2011
Anyone noticed the slight change in the opening? I don't think I can describe this episode as anything other than: "HOLY FUCKIN' SHIT".

Teira27 said:
Damn those cliffhangers!
I actually hate Yukine, he really is one of the most selfish characters I have ever seen. He just doesn't care how he has hurt Yato at all -- RAGE

Well, to be fair to Yukine, he didn't know anything about how serious his actions had a consequence on Yato uptil now. All he was told was that Yato would suffer for his actions and he was treated as nothing but a tool. Part of the blame lies on Yato.
Feb 26, 2014 10:31 AM

Jul 2011
Damn yukine is really getting on my nerves. I never really liked him. Ungrateful bastard. I hope Yato kills him..

Although that seems unlikely. Yato cares too much for him that he's now dying for him.

Well I get why he put the borderline between them, didn't want kofuku to get infected as well. But anyways now hiyori is infected as well.
Feb 26, 2014 5:51 PM

Aug 2013
Working with Yukine is like walking on the thin line of craziness. He's a bomb always ready to explode. Real tired of your shit Yukine...

I'm glad that Hiyori finally realised the impact Yukine had on Yato.

Also, YatoxHiyori is love :3
They are a mix of cuteness and hilariousness :P

Kofuku mad face was epic :D
Bishamon servant are so classy.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 26, 2014 6:36 PM
Jul 2013
Hiyori called out on Yukine for his selfish acts, finally! That moment when Hiyori pauses and tells Yukine that he's coming with them was powerful. Looks like we'll be seeing Tenjin and Mayu again next episode, perhaps they will be the ones to help save Yato if Kofuku and Daikoku don't help.

The bullying side-story was a pretty interesting take on the issue. I'm glad that Manabu was able to overcome his temptations. Yato's method was questionable but it does fit his character.

Also, Kofuku never disappoints whenever she appears.
Feb 26, 2014 8:21 PM

Mar 2009
I want to kill yukine myself! They should just beat the hell out of him!
Feb 27, 2014 4:36 AM

May 2010
Kofoku is so adorable, loved it when she clung to Bisha.

This got really intense near the end, Yato fainting like that. Loved this episode.
Feb 27, 2014 4:10 PM

Jul 2012
Top notch episode. Great. Might bump up the score to an 8 if it can keep this consistency.

kelken said:
Anyone know the bathroom kid's VA. correction, his VA's voice doppleganger? It's killing me. The voice sounds like that of another character that this VA does not voice O_o can't figure it out!

You mean the kid who pissed his pants? He sounded like Yoshitsugu Matsuoka...
Feb 27, 2014 6:05 PM

May 2013
Apparently Yukine has forgotten who it was that gave him his "life" he has now. Needs to learn to be more grateful.
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Feb 27, 2014 10:42 PM

Aug 2012
Hiyori's VA, Uchida-san, did a great job. Gosh.. those feels.
Feb 28, 2014 5:48 AM

Aug 2013
Yukine is sure a rebellious :<
That bullier got what he deserves !
I wish to turn this anime from 9/10 score to 10/10 <3 can't get tired of it

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Feb 28, 2014 7:12 AM

Apr 2013
Nice episode. It look like the blight can spread to other gods. Yukine should stop being Emo all the time. I feel sorry for Yato :/
Feb 28, 2014 9:15 AM
Aug 2013
AppoX said:
Yukine just became a character I hate the most this season. Everything he says and does just makes me want to punch him. I am hoping that he will die -,-

A genius. You're a genius. Still, I'd prefer Yato to cut links with Yukine, Yukine becoming a Ayakashi and Yato killing him with Hiyori as his new shinki.
Feb 28, 2014 10:07 AM

Jun 2008
Damn it now i can't wait for the next episode D:
Feb 28, 2014 10:43 AM

Aug 2011
Feb 28, 2014 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
HOLY SHIT. Things were turning pretty intense for sure. Yato ; ;
That cliffhanger though >___>
Kofuku's threatening side<3 And that next episode preview.. i wonder what's going to happen to Yukine.
Feb 28, 2014 1:36 PM
Jan 2014
pretty decent episode I wan't the
Feb 28, 2014 1:38 PM
Jan 2014
The_Unknow said:
AppoX said:
Yukine just became a character I hate the most this season. Everything he says and does just makes me want to punch him. I am hoping that he will die -,-

A genius. You're a genius. Still, I'd prefer Yato to cut links with Yukine, Yukine becoming a Ayakashi and Yato killing him with Hiyori as his new shinki.

Hiyori... shinki

u wot m8?
Feb 28, 2014 4:20 PM

May 2011
I feel that either Bishamon or Nora will save Yato next episode. Anyways, I feel sorry for Yato. He tries to be understanding of Yukine and this is what he gets. I also somewhat sympathize with Yukine but in all honesty Yato should've tried to find someone else to be his shinki, and then cut ties with Yukine. Might seem cold, but Yukine can work with the older god that he went to, and everything would be fine.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2014 9:29 PM
Sep 2012
I'm glad Hiyori is FINALLY taking some responsibility, and she deserves to feel the pain from that blight. The way I see it, she is partially responsible for Yato's blight as she is an enabler for Yukine's bad behavior. 1) she doesn't let Yato enforce discipline on Yukine 2) she covers for him when he does something bad.

The_Unknow said:
AppoX said:

as for my most hated character, it has to be Hiyori for the reasons above. Yes, Yukine is a troubled individual, but Hiyori enabled Yukine to commit his misdeeds and prevented Yato from doing anything about it. While I do think it is a fitting punishment for her to be turned into a shinki and be forced to kill Yukine, that is impossible given that she is still half-alive.
chaosdragon0000Feb 28, 2014 9:49 PM
Mar 1, 2014 2:58 AM

Apr 2013
I am glad it has leaned towards a slightly more serious nature in the last couple of episodes. Not saying the comedy early on was "bad" but I think it would have grated on me after a while. I hope our boy Yato is okay..
Mar 1, 2014 6:24 AM
Jan 2010
sucks that this is only 12 episodes.
Mar 1, 2014 8:31 AM

Oct 2008
Oh man this was an intense episode. I liked how they showed Kofuku's darker and more serious side in this episode (ahh hh my baby). I really really hope Yato's okay but in all honesty, Yukine needs to be an angsty teenager somewhere else because our poor deity is dying here.

But when Daikoku drew the borderline when Hiyori dragged everyone over there was actually really surprising. I get that he was trying to protect Kofuku from being blighted but I figured after Hiyori made her speech that he would take it down. Huh. I suppose it's up to Bishamon now to have a change of heart?

Let me just add that Kofuku was insanely cute in this episode I mean:

oh gosh m y baby i love you so much
cureroyaleMar 1, 2014 8:35 AM
Mar 1, 2014 1:14 PM
Mar 2012
Hiyori is quite selfless, carrying Yato like that, even though it taints her, too. I hope Yukine now stops acting like a brat.
Mar 1, 2014 1:25 PM
Sep 2012
ElenirLachlagos said:
Hiyori is quite selfless, carrying Yato like that, even though it taints her, too. I hope Yukine now stops acting like a brat.

It's less selflessness and more about taking responsibility for her actions. One of the reasons why Yukine is such a little brat is because Hiyori has prevented Yato from disciplining him on numerous occasions. Hiyori deserves to be blighted.
Mar 1, 2014 2:16 PM

Sep 2011
the way this series handles the tonal shits between its comedy and drama is truly spectacular especially when you take a second to consider how dark this series gets with its subject matter. great episode I cannot wait until the next episode. yukine is a character that would usually be unbearable but the way they are handling him is great.

5/5

this series has been the pleasant surprise of the season for me, at the rate its going i may end up giving it a 9 alongside space dandy and log horizon

StardustReverie said:
sucks that this is only 12 episodes.
I agree but so far nothing has felt rushed and on tghe contrary everything has actually felt well paced, im hoping it wraps up ok but its really been pulling out all the stops in recent weeks
JizzyHitlerMar 1, 2014 2:19 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 1, 2014 3:17 PM

Nov 2012
What I never really understand was why no one confronted Yukine... actually, nevermind, how would you confront Yukine-kun about his behavior?
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Mar 1, 2014 4:21 PM

Aug 2013
A lot of hate for Yukine, but I can understand that. I thought his baseball bat scene was awesome. And it was only natural for Daikoku to cross a boundary line, he was just protecting his master.
Mar 2, 2014 3:46 AM

Apr 2012
Wow that episode was really hard to watch, but in a good way. Really just makes you feel kinda sad.
Mar 2, 2014 8:23 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was hard for me to watch. Poor Yukine though, I felt so bad for him. But poor Yato. It was hard to see him suffering like that. I am looking forward to the next episode today. I'm curious to as what happens!
"He is little, though braver than anyone else"
Mar 2, 2014 1:42 PM

Aug 2013
Stupid Yukine, Yato is going to die because your foolishness ¬¬
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

111 by ryoko6 »»
May 22, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2014

234 by LotteGiants »»
May 22, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.