Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 16, 2015 10:36 AM

Jul 2007
Guilek said:
Grey-Zone said:

Because "when he made contract" =/= "when he died".

Yeah and he speaks about his death in the episode, two completly different events.

Except that part where h made the contract IS just before the part where he gets dead -__-
May 16, 2015 10:37 AM
Aug 2012
Grey-Zone said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
So Archer is supposed to have white hair before he died and became a CG right?

Why are people making excuse for this mistake again?

No obviously not but Shirou making a contract and then pushing himself excessively just after doesn't make much sense either does it?

May 16, 2015 10:37 AM

Aug 2010
Grey-Zone said:

So, they'll show his last mission?

I'm guessing he projected like crazy then, but would it really be enough to make these physical changes, when a lifetime of projection didn't?
May 16, 2015 10:38 AM

Jul 2013
CookingPriest said:
Guilek said:

Yeah and he speaks about his death in the episode, two completly different events.

Except that part where h made the contract IS just before the part where he gets dead -__-

That wasnt actually specified nowhere in the vn
no
May 16, 2015 10:39 AM

Oct 2014
astroprogs said:
Guilek said:

I'm guessing he projected like crazy then, but would it really be enough to make these physical changes, when a lifetime of projection didn't?

Correct me if I am wrong, but if I remember correctly he was only said to have been betrayed by the people he saved when he made the contract, but I think it was never said that it was RIGHT AFTERWARDs.
May 16, 2015 10:40 AM

May 2013
I was pretty sure Shirou didn't actually do anything amazing until making the contract and dying. So he should have changed hair and skin color as a counter guardian... but apparently that isn't possible?

Well, not like UBW being poorly written is any sort of news at this point.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."

Apr 2012
Grey-Zone said:
damastah said:
So no one's gonna attempt to justify the screw-up with ArcherShirou's hair? EXCELLENT.

According to BL it has somethig to do with Fate/Extra. Something about a nuclear facility's radiation.

Did someone mention Fate/Extra Archer?

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
Grey-Zone said:

That's the problem tbh. It is something that occurs GRADUALLY over lifetime of mastering that magic.

Not something that just shoneny happens in an instant.

Not to mention that making him have red hair and white skin when he makes a contract, will make anime onlies assume he got that and his powers from contract...

May 2012
ijuka said:
astroprogs said:

Maybe she thought that if Rin was in danger, she'd summon her via a CS.
Too bad Rin had temporary amnesia. >_>

Hm. Do you need to lift your hand up to use one, then?

No VN explanations states magic is sealed by what she's tied up with. Although VN explanation misses the part that Command Spells should be able to bypass it so yea amnesia. We don't really have much to go on as to why she doesn't use it.

CookingPriest said:

That's the problem tbh. It is something that occurs GRADUALLY over lifetime of mastering that magic.

Not something that just shoneny happens in an instant.

Not to mention that making him have red hair and white skin when he makes a contract, will make anime onlies assume he got that and his powers from contract...

WTF does Shoneny mean
May 16, 2015 10:42 AM

May 2013
Maybe Shirou went emo and started bleaching his hair?
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
May 16, 2015 10:43 AM

Aug 2010
Grey-Zone said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but if I remember correctly he was only said to have been betrayed by the people he saved when he made the contract, but I think it was never said that it was RIGHT AFTERWARDs.

I can't totally remember TBH. I think it was implied that he died after using the "compensation" making his sacrifice tragic, although he still didn't regret it then.
Aug 2012
ijuka said:
Maybe Shirou went emo and started bleaching his hair?

Maybe in some Fanfiction but not in Canon.

Jul 2007
ijuka said:
I was pretty sure Shirou didn't actually do anything amazing until making the contract and dying. So he should have changed hair and skin color as a counter guardian... but apparently that isn't possible?

except that not?

The Contract was the culmination of his path as ally of justice. In the situation where he had no way to achieve it by himself. By that time he should already have mastered projection and saved countless people

Aug 2014
ijuka said:

Or....maybe you didn't pay attention? He achieved UBW without himself. He uses projection as his go to magecraft. Projection is what causes skin to darken and hair to whiten. He used it for years before he made a contract (mid twenties to early thirties) 2+2=?
May 16, 2015 10:45 AM

May 2013
Insertanamehere said:
ijuka said:

Or....maybe you didn't pay attention? He achieved UBW without himself. He uses projection as his go to magecraft. Projection is what causes skin to darken and hair to whiten. He used it for years before he made a contract (mid twenties to early thirties) 2+2=?

Mhm I probably didn't pay attention <_<
May 16, 2015 10:46 AM

Sep 2014
Lol, the MODs finally realised.

I'm guessing Alaya was too busy rejoicing about her cameo :P
The sun is a deadly laser
May 16, 2015 10:48 AM

Jul 2007
mira-nyan said:

His.

If Gaia is feminine, it makes sense for Alaya to be masculine force.
May 16, 2015 10:53 AM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
mira-nyan said:

His.

If Gaia is feminine, it makes sense for Alaya to be masculine force.

Everything is a girl. It's just the rule of things.

Like how people name their bikes and cars girls.
May 16, 2015 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
I liked a lot adult Shirou'clothes anyway:
May 16, 2015 10:59 AM

Jan 2015
That was a nice confrontation about ideals. Next week should be great as always. 5/5 get rekt Shinji
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 16, 2015 11:01 AM

Sep 2013
ooh, a pretty hype episode. the talk was pretty sweet, looking forward to the fight finally taking place next week
May 16, 2015 11:03 AM

Sep 2012
[PLOT THICKENS]

Great episode even though it had 0 action.
Oh god who are you people?
May 16, 2015 11:09 AM

Apr 2014
One of the better episodes, but unfortunately Shirou continues to be severely underdeveloped than he should be at this point which will lessen the impact that his fight with Archer is supposed to have -.-
May 16, 2015 11:11 AM

Feb 2015
LANCER PLS, that Shinji punch was hilarious.
May 16, 2015 11:13 AM

Jan 2015
Really liked the little touch they added with archer chucking shirou the sword and telling him to commit seppuku. Also Lancer smashing shinji was 100x better than the VN.

Other than that everything was adapted pretty well imo.
May 16, 2015 11:13 AM

Sep 2014
Oh, man. Shitji and Atomic Gatorade are so alike, they might as well be Father and Son ~.~

Even the cat-walk-slap. Just wow.
May 16, 2015 11:17 AM

Apr 2010
1/5. Would be 0/5 if it wasn't for EMIYA remix.
May 16, 2015 11:17 AM

Feb 2015
That Kirei smirk though...
May 16, 2015 11:18 AM

Jan 2015
talk talk talk :p
anyway, good ep- can't wait for archers ubw next ep

May 16, 2015 11:19 AM

Oct 2014
I like the new emiya, escpacially the beginning.

Jun 2014
Oh this got merged with the temp thread I see.

May 2012
Lancer No!!!

Great episode. The truth about Archer is finally out (I kinda knew who he was tho). So Archer being future Shirou know that he can not save anyone. Plus he got betrayed by one of the people he saved. Talk about a kick in the balls.

Kirei is still alive and made Lancer kill himself. That surprise the hell out of me. Seems like next episode is going to be bad base on what I read in the forms, but this episode was amazing.

6/5 for that pacing.
May 16, 2015 11:22 AM

Jul 2014
Srsly?? what a boring episode .. the only thing i liked was Kirei and lancer
May 16, 2015 11:24 AM

Oct 2014
btw, this is the FIRST episode where I admit that the music was not loud enough^^
May 16, 2015 11:24 AM

Jun 2011
Grey-Zone said:
btw, this is the FIRST episode where I admit that the music was not loud enough^^

Yea, they should have raised the volume of the Emiya track.
May 16, 2015 11:26 AM

Jun 2013
They gave Lancer the most B.S death ever. Such an awesome guy went down without an epic fight gg.
May 16, 2015 11:28 AM

Sep 2011
Episode in a nutshell:

I just had to do this.
May 16, 2015 11:29 AM

Apr 2015
CookingPriest said:
ijuka said:

except that not?

The Contract was the culmination of his path as ally of justice. In the situation where he had no way to achieve it by himself. By that time he should already have mastered projection and saved countless people

I might be remembering this wrong, but in the visual novel doesn't it explain that after winning the holy grail war, archer shirou trained projection only to realize that his own abilities were too weak to achieve his dream? I checked the wiki and it said the same thing: "Shirou Emiya won the Holy Grail War along with his Servant Saber, eventually going on to work as a freelance magus to pursue his dream of becoming an Ally of Justice. He stubbornly trained himself while pursuing his dream of saving mankind, but later fell into despair upon realizing that his abilities were insufficient in fulfilling his goal."
May 16, 2015 11:30 AM

Feb 2010
Actually as a non VN reader who dislike the anime so far, I liked this episode, it was plot driven with explanations and flashbacks that made sense for the most part.

On another note, funny how people were bitching so much about telling others not to watch fate/zero because it "spoils things" and that it spoiled more things than FSN does to Zero. Because you know, blatantly showing rin's father death is not a "spoiler"
May 16, 2015 11:31 AM
Aug 2011
this EMIYA remix is weak as shit. kenji kawai's is way better.
May 16, 2015 11:31 AM
Apr 2014
This was pretty good, better than last episode's fiasco.
The Emiya track better play in the entirety of the fight or else 0/5.
Based on the preview, looks like the fight will happen in Archer's UBW, because UFO gave Unlimited Prana Works.
May 16, 2015 11:32 AM

Oct 2014
jzmagic said:
this EMIYA remix is weak as shit. kenji kawai's is way better.

Your opinion has been duly noted.
May 16, 2015 11:33 AM

Dec 2013
Only complaints I have are the Alaya bs at the beginning where Shirou accepts the contract despite not looking like Archer and the lack of Shirou's POV. Other than that, no complaints.
Shinji slapping Rin was great
Lancer hitting Shinji was great
Kotomine is back which is great
Emiya was great

Perhaps it's because I've become desensitized to Ufo's bs but 4/5
BAN ME
May 16, 2015 11:33 AM

Jul 2007
Nekuwafers said:
CookingPriest said:

except that not?

I might be remembering this wrong, but in the visual novel doesn't it explain that after winning the holy grail war, archer shirou trained projection only to realize that his own abilities were too weak to achieve his dream? I checked the wiki and it said the same thing: "Shirou Emiya won the Holy Grail War along with his Servant Saber, eventually going on to work as a freelance magus to pursue his dream of becoming an Ally of Justice. He stubbornly trained himself while pursuing his dream of saving mankind, but later fell into despair upon realizing that his abilities were insufficient in fulfilling his goal."

He came unto a situation where his abilities were insufficient for it to be accomplished. That is when the contract happened. And that is when he was betrayed.

We do not even know how his grail war went so most of that part of wiki is conjecture and extrapolation, just like a lot of things on lolwiki. It is very untrustworthy source.
May 16, 2015 11:35 AM

Aug 2014
Vanisher said:

On another note, funny how people were bitching so much about telling others not to watch fate/zero because it "spoils things" and that it spoiled more things than FSN does to Zero. Because you know, blatantly showing rin's father death is not a "spoiler"

Kirei said it in the VN that he killed him. Which, you know, came out years before Fate/Zero was written.
May 16, 2015 11:36 AM

Apr 2014
Vanisher said:
Actually as a non VN reader who dislike the anime so far, I liked this episode, it was plot driven with explanations and flashbacks that made sense for the most part.

F/Z was written after F/SN and was intended to serve as a prequel. I don't understand why this fact eludes so many people.
May 16, 2015 11:37 AM

Oct 2013
CodeZwei said:
They gave Lancer the most B.S death ever. Such an awesome guy went down without an epic fight gg.

They really just killed of the best character like that, wtf. Besides that though great episode.

Mar 2011
Well, after watching it in english subs I did not think it was so bad, but still Im really worried about next episode.

Jul 2007
Vanisher said:

Yes it is funny because Zero would spoil that and the people would not be surprised or horrified in this scene, because they would already know one of biggest revelations regarding RIn in this route.
Pages (27) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 25, 2015

1037 by Rain_Machika »»
May 28, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.