Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (22) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 22, 2014 11:16 AM

Sep 2013
Shrimperor said:

mickdrew_99 said:
One problem I did have with this episode is they made Shirou look like an annoying asshole.

he is one, imo.
he should grow up.
Didn'T see that coming from Archer!
LonelyWizard said:
being an annoying asshole is not necessarily a bad thing...And he really is an annoying asshole sometimes

Seems people will like Archer a lot for expressing their hate for Shirou.

CookingPriest said:

By making him not take "murder and suffering of hundreds of citizens" as something that is okay?

I thought his reaction was fitting and understandable.

Thought that was great, but saying stuff like "I can take Caster" while they're being bombarded was a little dumb.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2014 11:16 AM
Apr 2014
mickdrew_99 said:
One problem I did have with this episode is they made Shirou look like an annoying asshole.

He is, did you miss how he mocked Rider in the previous episodes?
Nov 22, 2014 11:17 AM

Mar 2013
Awesomeness all around this episode. Getting the same feelings as I did while reading the VN, more or less. It's pretty much par for the course by now though.

Yet... it's going to get even better later on in the second season. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm yes. Many, many great scenes.
Nov 22, 2014 11:17 AM

Jul 2014
we didn't get much of best girl rin, but overall, this episode was really good.

Harlequina said:
Awesomeness all around this episode. It's pretty much par for the course by now though.

Yet... it's going to get even better later on in the second season. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm yes. Many, many great scenes.

many, many great, detailed scenes
TyrelNov 22, 2014 11:28 AM
Nov 22, 2014 11:18 AM

Apr 2012
InsertPriestHere said:
stAtic91 said:
When have I heard this before? Oh right, Fate/Zero.

Uuuuuh.
Well, tbf, the original Zero didn't have a soundtrack, being an LN, while F/SN does....so.....hold out hope?

Zero had a voice drama and that had music though.
TyrelNov 22, 2014 11:28 AM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Nov 22, 2014 11:21 AM

Jul 2007
mickdrew_99 said:

Thought that was great, but saying stuff like "I can take Caster" while they're being bombarded was a little dumb.

He was saying not that. He was saying that he can protect himself(and archer does not need to).

Which is understandable considering he already managed to dodge far faster servants.
Nov 22, 2014 11:25 AM

Jan 2012
Really Shirou should hate his 'dad' if he hates people who sacrifice people to save more...
Also Archer should have just stabbed him through his heart... instead of slashing him...

Anyway I fought the fight scenes were really cool :)
Nov 22, 2014 11:25 AM

Jul 2007
Lyrisia said:

Nov 22, 2014 11:27 AM

Aug 2014

Maybe put it in spoilers?

Nov 2012
Well atleast Archer vs Caster was interesting.

"I am the bone of my sword." Caladbolg!

Shirou finally going to take swordsmanship seriously.

Apr 2012
CookingPriest said:
Lyrisia said:
Really Shirou should hate his 'dad' if he hates people who sacrifice people to save more

Except that neither Shirou nor the viewer knows anything about his dad beyond what we have seen so far about him.

Another example of why we suggest people to go through F/SN first before getting into Zero.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

Dec 2010
Lyrisia said:
Really Shirou should hate his 'dad' if he hates people who sacrifice people to save more...
Also Archer should have just stabbed him through his heart... instead of slashing him...

Anyway I fought the fight scenes were really cool :)
That's the problem with people watching Zero first.

Jun 2014
VanishingKira said:
Well atleast Archer vs Caster was interesting.

"I am the bone of my sword." Caladbolg!

Shirou finally going to take swordsmanship seriously.

What a badass

Nov 22, 2014 11:31 AM

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:
Except that neither Shirou nor the viewer knows anything about his dad beyond what we have seen so far about him.

you don't need to have watched F/Z to know what his dad was like, it was clearly implied here.
Nov 22, 2014 11:33 AM

Jul 2011
Shrimperor said:
CookingPriest said:

you don't need to have watched F/Z to know what his dad was like, it was clearly implied here.

He looked like an old man that have seen too much shit for what we seen.
Nov 22, 2014 11:35 AM

Nov 2014
No Sakura = 5/5
Im the bone of my sword = 5/5
Caladbolg = 5/5
Rin's Dream = 5/5
Assasin vs Archer = 5/5
Tsubame Gaeshi = 5/5
Stupid talk = 5/5
No Sakura = 5/5

Awesome episode
Nov 22, 2014 11:36 AM

Nov 2013
Shrimperor said:
CookingPriest said:

He is only shown to be a caring old man who believes saving everyone is impossible. Not sure what you're on about.
Nov 22, 2014 11:40 AM

Aug 2014
I love it when people walk into an F/SN thread and casually post F/Z facts and spoilers as if they should be expected to be known. Classic.
Nov 22, 2014 11:43 AM

Sep 2013
InsertPriestHere said:
I love it when people walk into an F/SN thread and casually post F/Z facts and spoilers as if they should be expected to be known. Classic.

Don't you know? It's a sequel to F/Z!! You need to have seen it!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2014 11:44 AM

Oct 2014
BotatoPriest said:
Shrimperor said:

He is only shown to be a caring old man who believes saving everyone is impossible. Not sure what you're on about.

Wasn't there an episode where he said that he

i mean, i didn't watch Fate zero yet (even if i damn want to, i am barely stopping myself), but his eyes and what he said to shirou tell alot.

Or i read to much Fanfiction :P
and remember somethings from Fate route/ manga.
Nov 22, 2014 11:45 AM
Sep 2008
xenovibe said:
FakePriest said:

It doesnt put me to sleep, so no.

Both are good for what they are, besides we've barely scratched the surface of the current OST. Though I'll admit that KK's soundtrack had more of a presence compared to what we've heard of Fukasawa's so far. It's still, obviously just a matter of subjective taste anyway.

I hate comments like "for deaf people yes" so i cut the topic, but now i can refer to your post. About your first line, it's not like I am saying that whole OST is bad, but till this point it didn't impress me. It's not that I think that it won't be better later.
Nov 22, 2014 11:46 AM

Aug 2014
Shrimperor said:
BotatoPriest said:

i mean, i didn't watch Fate zero yet (even if i damn want to, i am barely stopping myself), but his eyes and what he said to shirou tell alot.

Nov 22, 2014 11:49 AM

Mar 2013
DaveSama said:
No Sakura = 5/5
Im the bone of my sword = 5/5
Caladbolg = 5/5
Rin's Dream = 5/5
Assasin vs Archer = 5/5
Tsubame Gaeshi = 5/5
Stupid talk = 5/5
No Sakura = 5/5

Awesome episode
Nov 22, 2014 11:49 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Archer vs. Caster was awesome! That Caladbold followed by "I am the bone of my sword." totally took the spotlight. So badass!
Shirou and Archer are probably (secretly) tsundere for each other. That Baka talk though.. XD

Meanwhile, Saber vs. Assassin was also going great. That Concealed Sword technique was pretty amazing!
Good to see how courteous Assassin is, letting Saber pass after acknowledging her skills. Great Samurai!

Archer vs. Assassin started off so good! Are they going to continue this in next week?

Great episode! Rin's dreaming of Archer in that sword field.. He looks ripped. :3

Nov 22, 2014 11:50 AM

Dec 2013
WOW what an episode! Finally shit is hitting the fan!

The action was superb, so many fights!

I love the knightly relationship between assassin and saber.

Also, Archer clearly has a secret agenda attacking Shirou like that. Though,

I feel that shit will hit the fan even more in the future.
Nov 22, 2014 11:52 AM
Jul 2012
WOW. Awesome episode.
The idiot talk between Shirou and Archer.
"I am the bone of my sword."
And the beautifully choreographed fights between Archer and Caster, as well as Saber ans Assassin.

Perfect episode.
Nov 22, 2014 11:53 AM

Dec 2013
All these Stay night servants are seriously superior to their Zero counterpart.

Tsun redman > backstabbing bastard
angry blueman > shining face emo guy
Samurai > a bunch of weaklings
ara ara lady > Mesut Ozil

Both rider are great tho.
Nov 22, 2014 11:54 AM

Dec 2013
y123y said:
robis798 said:

The secret agenda is that Archer wants to be the male MC and hes tired of Shirou having more lines than him

Probublyy.
Nov 22, 2014 11:55 AM

Sep 2013
y123y said:

The secret agenda is that Archer wants to be the male MC and hes tired of Shirou having more lines than him

Archer is doing a hostile takeover of the show.
Nov 22, 2014 11:55 AM

Nov 2009
Serge91 said:
xenovibe said:

Both are good for what they are, besides we've barely scratched the surface of the current OST. Though I'll admit that KK's soundtrack had more of a presence compared to what we've heard of Fukasawa's so far. It's still, obviously just a matter of subjective taste anyway.

I hate comments like "for deaf people yes" so i cut the topic, but now i can refer to your post. About your first line, it's not like I am saying that whole OST is bad, but till this point it didn't impress me. It's not that I think that it won't be better later.
Yeah I get your point, that was indeed quite a childish thing to say on his part. The "Priests" can get pretty defensive on this board, so that's to be expected. Like I said though, in the end it's just a matter of different strokes for different folks.
Nov 22, 2014 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
Another great episode.

Archer injured Shirou, but the good thing he did not kill him.

Oct 2014
InsertPriestHere said:
Shrimperor said:

must be me remembering from fate route, the manga and fanfiction then.
i still almost don't know anything about his dad tough.
Apr 2014
y123y said:
robis798 said:

Nov 22, 2014 11:57 AM

Oct 2014
mickdrew_99 said:
y123y said:

coup d'etat by Archer?
I approve :D
Nov 22, 2014 11:59 AM

Nov 2013
Must we have an Archer wants to kill Shirou and become the mc circlejerk every single week? -.-

It was funny the first few times but now it's just boring :|
Nov 22, 2014 12:00 PM

Sep 2013
Shrimperor said:
mickdrew_99 said:

coup d'etat by Archer?
I approve :D

Vive la Revolution!

Oct 2010
Ufotable proves yet again that they are godlike. The fight scenes in both Deen adaptations, while more "accurate" in some respects, both failed to capture the true essence of the fights in the visual novel. Ufotable has successfully replicated the sense of weight, every strike roaring with the intentions of the combatants. This is how servants truly fight, another amazing episode.

Jan 2014
BotatoPriest said:
Must we have an Archer wants to kill Shirou and become the mc circlejerk every single week? -.-

I give you this meme.

Nov 22, 2014 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
imo each and every episode so far were great. This episode was no exception
Nov 22, 2014 12:09 PM

Dec 2013
The action in this episode was amazing as always. I really like Archer. Even though he is a bit of a dick.
Nov 22, 2014 12:12 PM

Jan 2014
y123y said:
BotatoPriest said:

But nothing is more boring than Shirou
someone spoil the shit out of him please

chickenonthepan said:
lol,whats with Sakura and fish :/ i remember it from somewhere before
Nov 22, 2014 12:13 PM

Mar 2014
i am the bone of my sword /5
Nov 22, 2014 12:13 PM
Sep 2008
xenovibe said:
Yeah I get your point, that was indeed quite a childish thing to say on his part. The "Priests" can get pretty defensive on this board, so that's to be expected. Like I said though, in the end it's just a matter of different strokes for different folks.

Completely agree.
I hope I will change my mind while rewatching this series, and that they will make some cool tracks for my most anticipated moments. I loved the Archer ost in first Caladbolg scene.
Nov 22, 2014 12:14 PM

Nov 2012
Assassin's Tsubame Gaeshi had some awesome animation.
Nov 22, 2014 12:14 PM

Jul 2007
Can we please ignore the obvious trolling attempts?
Nov 22, 2014 12:18 PM

Aug 2014
Shrimperor said:
InsertPriestHere said:

must be me remembering from fate route, the manga and fanfiction then.
i still almost don't know anything about his dad tough.

Nov 22, 2014 12:24 PM
Mar 2013
well i can say that until now this is my top episode of the season :) its pure epicness
Nov 22, 2014 12:24 PM

Apr 2012
nice
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Nov 22, 2014 12:25 PM

Jun 2009
Well, that was pretty sweet. I liked pretty much everything about this episode really, Archer was awesome and Saber/Assassin fight had some cool moments such as when she "saw" her death. Really liked how they handled her instincts there. I honestly didn't think the "idiot" dialogue would be included, but I'm so very glad it was.

Some other moments that stick out was how they cut from Shirou being slashed by Archer to Rin having a dream of her servant. Really nicely done. Oh, and the after credits scene was pretty nice. More of those please.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 22, 2014 12:26 PM
Aug 2014
Great action, watching archer fight always makes me wanna use bow in mmos. Too bad archer failed to smack some sense into pussy Shirou
Pages (22) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
May 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.