Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 25, 2022 6:28 AM

Apr 2014
MINNA DAISUKI!!!!!!!!!!!!! MINNA ARIGATOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This episode is basically a live digest.
Ye Mingzhu
Wonderland
My Own Fairy Tale
Koe Tsunagou yo
Teletelepathy
Toy Doll
Wish
Yuu & Ai
Aoi Canaria
AZUNA Audrey
Melody
Kaika Sengen
What a tracklist.

London for the movie and give us the third season and new R3BIRTH song, pleaseeee.

AkeZZZJun 25, 2022 6:47 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 25, 2022 6:29 AM

Feb 2020
Excellent finale. I loved all the performances. <3 Kaika Sengen was my favorite song.

Overall, this was a great sequel, but I think the first season was a little better.

Surprisingly, I enjoyed that so-called filler episode (ep. 10) the most. It was extremely cute and entertaining episode.

I'm looking forward to the movie. It's going to be awesome!

I love that white kitty. =^_^=

Well, see you soon again in Superstar!! S2. :) We Love Live! fans are truly blessed this year. <3

SerafosJan 2, 11:18 AM
Jun 25, 2022 6:30 AM

Feb 2019
I have absolutely no words to describe how perfect this finale was. All of the girls did AMAZING in their solo lives and then the group Nijigaku live at the end was AWESOME. Loved their uniforms too Omg. It’s so crazy to look back on far all of the girls have come individually.

This season was an improvement in every way over season 1 and that’s saying something since season 1 was awesome. Definitely had a better story this time around, better performances and just some awesome moments. Last shot of Yuu facing the rainbow was so beautiful.

London for the movie plz and season 3 plz

Marinate1016Jun 25, 2022 6:42 AM
Jun 25, 2022 6:46 AM
Dec 2017
bruh just like that? no serious plot or something like what happen in game?

meh. Lanzhu wasnt even great in here except her existence in episode 1
Jun 25, 2022 6:49 AM

Jul 2012
Emma singing Koe Tsunagou Yo has given me so much joy!

This finale was a blast! All of the girls have performed amazingly well on their solos, which were mostly from Love U My Friends, my favorite Nijigasaki High School Idol Club album I've listened. Then a brand new song Future Parade played by all 12 members has brought me so much tear in such a beautiful way. I think this episode might as well be my favorite finale I've watched in Love Live! history.

I'm glad that Lanzhu, Mia, and Shioriko have all provided a good character development, and I'm happy that they have become parts of the Nijigasaki High School Idol Club members. Even Ai Miyashita has gotten a good character development, and her season 1 episode was mostly a slice-of-life episode. I have to say that this season is just as good as season 1, and I highly enjoyed season 1 as well.

Now I'm looking forward to see the movie!
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Jun 25, 2022 7:04 AM

Aug 2018
ive been depressed for the past hour, they teased r3birth and yuu performing but it didnt happen. the group live and the scenes and image arts throughout it were amazing though, but i'm still quite disappointed at how this turned out
Jun 25, 2022 7:23 AM

Feb 2020
Decent finale.
The final live was really good!
Hope there will be a sequel in the future~
9/10 :)
Jun 25, 2022 7:51 AM

Jan 2018
Nijigasaki is the best Love Live. This season has been excellent. 10/10 all the way through.

I need more Nijigasaki. Please break the usual trend and give us a season 3.
Jun 25, 2022 7:52 AM

Oct 2017
Wonderful finale, loved "Future Parade". The digest version of other songs were nice too.

Another great season from Love Live Nijigasaki. My fav songs from this season are "EMOTION" and "Stars we chase". I really love this series. Hopefully we'll get more seasons of this and it won't end with just a movie like previous Love Lives.
Jun 25, 2022 7:54 AM

Mar 2011
Love all the songs!

Setsu found her Anime buddy.

Setsu lap pillow.
Jun 25, 2022 8:29 AM

Aug 2011
What a great final. I'm glad that im following Niji since PDP. Hoping for season 3 or Movie. Please SUNRISE
Jun 25, 2022 8:31 AM

Sep 2019
That was an epic finale. A solid 9/10.
Loved all the songs.
Jun 25, 2022 8:36 AM

Jun 2021
Perks of not having your school in danger of shutting down: being able to pull of a live concert of this scale. As my second favorite series after Sunshine, I'll definitely miss this show and I hope we get to have a movie or even a 3rd season(or at least just give us the R3BIRTH song MV). It has it highs and lows but the journey was definitely worth it.

I'll probably miss Yuu the most considering the others will almost certainly appear in other LL media since they're the idols of the franchise whereas Yuu isn't. And I've got to hand it to her VA, Hinaki Yano, for voicing a memorable and well-loved member of the franchise even when her character was the audience gacha stand-in when most don't even reach her level of popularity. I'll also miss her appearing in the weekly Niji streams where she interacts with everyone else.
Jun 25, 2022 8:42 AM
Dec 2020
i really liked this finale, sad its over i wish yuu maybe could of sang but i think it was a good ending for season 2. a reason why i love this episode is when rinas mask wasn't working and she was brave to preform without it. the fans really understood and she sparkled, it made me tear up. im so happy to see how far they have come and i loved watching everyones character development especially yuus :D
i really hope they cover ayumu in london and i really hope there will be a movie :')
9.5/10
Jun 25, 2022 8:46 AM
Jul 2021
I came watching the Final episode of Nijigasaki season 2 expecting Sunrise going to make me cry hard but to my surprise, this episode wasn't depressing at all ! This episode just screams HAPPY in every single of its second. There isn't time where i feel sad at all when watching this episode. I love every single songs they put in this episode. Nijigasaki carried me through my depressed period in 2020, 2 years ago, and i couldn't imagine my life right now had i not found them back then. Nijigasaki truly is made by fans, FOR fans.

We have truly reached the steins gate in this season. No Lanzhu conflict, no Shio-Setsuna conflict, no tearful scene. Everyone is just happy. This is such a happy ending. SAIKO !
Jun 25, 2022 9:10 AM

Jan 2019
great ending
so much references i cant even begin to enumerate them here lol
awesome song
i hope for s3 and/or movie!
Jun 25, 2022 9:21 AM

Jul 2020
that was rly good, nijigasaki is so much different than the other love live anime
well now that niji is finished time to binge sunshine and superstar
Jun 25, 2022 9:25 AM

Apr 2013
We want #NijigasakiInLondonMovie !!
Jun 25, 2022 9:55 AM

Aug 2020
I cried a bit. T^T What a wonderful season. I am inspired again to do something huge because of this series. It is amazing that Love Live became one of my inspirations for my dreams. Thank you minna! (Took lot of memorable screeshots) (Still teary-eyed)

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jun 25, 2022 10:32 AM

Nov 2017
Golly, I'm gonna miss the girls, fer sure!

Everyone did great with their solo lives and that group live at the end was next level!

That was a beautiful finale. I really hope there will be more anime content in the future, whether it's a 3rd season or a movie, a fella will look forward to it!
Jun 25, 2022 10:34 AM

Nov 2019
Absolutely adored the finale, the concert was amazing~!

Still moved by how amazing they all are right now, truly was a brilliant way to end season 2 waa!!

No doubt, the Niji girls are my favourites of the franchise, this season's definitely a 9.5/10

See you all when Superstar is out~

Also. Movie in London and season 3 when?!
Jun 25, 2022 11:02 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The only thing that would have made this a better final episode is if it was a full uncut concert lol, but what we got here was awesome. Seeing all the girls performing solo and in their units singing new songs for the anime was great, I’m gonna have to look some of those up because there were some bangers in there. And the final performance was amazing as well, loved the outfits and the song was really good, that was hell of concert they put on.

And we end off by seeing the girls post concert, Ayumu being in London was cool to see, I really hope if there’s another season or movie we get to see more of that, and ending off with Yu looking at a rainbow even though there’s no rain lol, a beautiful shot anyway.

Nijigasaki was the show back in Fall 2020 that made me a LL fan, and this Season 2 was awesome just like the first. Loved seeing all of our old favorites return, as well as the new girls for this season, they were all awesome. I also loved just about every performance in this season (which it’s hard not to lol), the units made for a good mix up and each of the new girls had great solo songs, they will all be added to my playlists for sure, not to mention the super catchy OP and the amazing ED, both of those held a candle to Season 1 for sure. I’m really excited for whatever continuation of this we get, whether is a movie or another season! And with that, now I patiently wait to see our Superstar girls again!
Jun 25, 2022 12:39 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice representation for everyone doing their solo ones and then one with everyone on the rainbow scene! Very little of epilogue though but she got to see Ayumi finally in London with a very poor English LMAO but these two girls look cute, please give me that Ayumi in London side story xD
Jun 25, 2022 12:59 PM

Mar 2021
That goth british girl.... so cute...
Jun 25, 2022 1:02 PM
Star☆Twinkle

Oct 2018
Couldn't have asked for a better or more touching finale. Every song and performance was straight fire back to back. I'm a bit sad this is the end of the season but had an amazing time the whole way through. If we ever get more of the Niji crew, will graciously be looking forward to it.
Jun 25, 2022 2:58 PM

Dec 2013
I liked this season a lot more than the first one, it could have used a bit more Ayumu x Yuu moments but man, there are way too many characters now.
Jun 25, 2022 3:54 PM

Oct 2007
nice to see Shizuku perform Audrey.

surprised that Rina was able to perform without a mask.

and the final group performance is so good!

hoping for a season 3.
Liddo-kunJun 29, 2022 3:57 AM
Jun 25, 2022 4:10 PM
Sep 2020
Koe tsunago you, audrey, MELODY, kaika sengen

Nostalgia but i still want shizuko sing yagate hitotsu no monogatari
Jun 25, 2022 6:09 PM
Aug 2021
Encore!!! Encore!!! 😍😍😍
I don't want this to end, but here we are. 🥲🥲🥲

My main candies:

Bonus Candies:
Jun 25, 2022 6:20 PM
Jul 2019
Niji anime being produced years after the group already has a sizable fanbase... instead of trying to acquire new fans this anime does more in rewarding the existing fanbase.

This finale feels like another new beginning for the group and the fans.

A little disappointment was there's no proper R3 song but maybe that's saved for a possible sequel.

We also haven't reached the end of the school year, there's like 2-3 months left... so that's still open for possibly more. We'll have to see if they'll give us info on or before mid-September during 5th Live.
Jun 25, 2022 7:13 PM

Jun 2021
I usually do a proper review for a finale of a show, but I can't put this one into words...

All I will say is this. Girls of the Nijigasaki Idol Club, I love you all so much and I'm so proud of how far you've come.

If this is indeed the end, then just know what this series of Love Live has done has given me nothing but pure joy and happiness. I had tears in my eyes throughout this episode.

Thank you.
I'll be at the premiere of the inevitable Nijigasaki movie with fucking bells on!
I'd very much like to see Superstar follow this in a couple of weeks.
Jun 25, 2022 11:08 PM

Jul 2016
Fantastic finale! The club's first Live ended up being a total success and the last song performed by everyone was so good.
Also chad Rina going on stage without her mask. Her screen-time this season sure was little but man did she show some subtle growth during certain crucial moments.

Overall, solid second season though not as good as the first one. Mainly because of Lanzhu and how lame the drama surrounding her character was. Now I have heard she's more of a bitch in the game and that I should be grateful her anime version is more "tame" in comparison but that said, I still couldn't help but find her incredibly irritating with the whole "me vs. the Idol club" attitude. Needless to say her becoming an absolute cinnamon roll once her character arc concluded was a more-than-welcome change, albeit a bit jarring given the notorious 180 in personality from one episode to the next one.

Anyways, it was still an enjoyable season, all things considered. The introduction of sub-units was cool and the fact of the girls becoming closer due to that was even cooler. In that regard, thanks DiverDiva for showing me the potential the Ai x Karin pairing has.

7/10 - Looking forward to the mandatory sequel movie announcement but as for now, let's see what Superstar S2 has to offer with those new characters.
Jun 26, 2022 7:35 AM

Aug 2018
Great finale, probably the best I've seen in the different Love Live anime.

A few points I however didn't fully appreciate : too many characters (13 !), makes it hard to remember all of their names but also all their lives, hobbies or relationships. I believed 10 was enough, yet they added 3 more interesting characters, but then it eluded others from the initial season. I really prefered Love Live Superstar on this point, since it started as a duo and ended up with 5 characters : better to remember their names but also focus on their relations. Love Live Nijigasaki however correctly exploited such number of protagonists, especially with the finale episode.

The second point I didn't like but might be taken care of with a potential 3rd season or movie : the absence of a Love Live competition. Or just a competition against other groups in general. The story tried to focus on building the group and creating relationships between all characters, including now ones. It did pretty well but then I can only expect more to come, since the idols group can now be considered as fully built.

Though with the final episode, it more or less looked like the story was over. Or it's only the beginning of a new era, after all Ayumu should be back soon, Setsuna wishes to focus on school idol, Student council is revamped with 2 idols being part, etc.

Enjoyable overall, expecting some more, especially a competition : that's my conclusion.
Jun 26, 2022 8:59 AM
Mar 2019
any knows about other season or movie announcement?
Jun 26, 2022 9:52 AM

Apr 2014
Crowterrror said:

Normally, Love Live will announce big news or updates in one of their lives. So, if they will not announce in their upcoming live broadcast this Saturday, better wait for the Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club 5th Live! in September.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 26, 2022 12:55 PM

Oct 2015
Yu is an awesome character, she deserved all that praise.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 26, 2022 1:03 PM

Jul 2014
Well, this second season of Nijigaku was definitely an improvement on the first, but admittedly it didn't have the highest bar to clear there as Nijigaku S1 was comfortably my least favourite Love Live TV entry so far. Still, I can definitely say I actually enjoyed the majority of this season on at least some level: Lanzhu's introduction was fantastic, the music was great once again (particularly Eutopia and Stars We Chase) and the slice-of-life episodes were pretty good (I definitely prefer ending with a trio of those to the god-awful yandere Ayumu arc season 1 decided to end with). Having picked up SIFAS between seasons definitely helps, of course, but it's by no means the only reason I enjoyed this season.

That said, there are still some big issues I have with aspects of this season. As with season 1, the extremely structured approach to focusing on characters and subunits means that characters end up going on ice and doing next-to-nothing when they're not the focus. For the main 9, we know them well enough that this isn't a huge issue, but it's a massive issue for Lanzhu, Mia and Shioriko. Perhaps Mia less so, but Lanzhu's arc that leads to her finally joining the club ends up falling flat because she has more or less no presence in the show between episode 1 and that episode.

And then there's comfortably my biggest issue with this season: Shioriko. They completely neutered her character arc and gave us an absolute nothing character who, for all intents and purpose, may as well not exist in the anime for all the impact she has in the show. Her character design also looks oddly flat in the anime's art style, but then that's a thought I've had across the board since I started playing SIFAS to see how these characters are actually supposed to look; Nijigaku definitely has the worst art style for character designs of all the Love Live anime so far.

That aside, I am a little surprised that they glossed over the formation of R3BIRTH and didn't give them a new song like all the other subunits: the new trio could do with new songs the most, and I'd have much rather had one of those than giving proper focus to TOKIMEKI Runners, which is honestly just pretty mediocre for their "iconic" song.

Oops, I complained way more than I intended to for what was overall a net positive anime watching experience. I wouldn't be opposed to more Niji anime, but I'd also not be too sad if this was the last of it we got.

7/10
Jun 26, 2022 2:21 PM

Aug 2016
Does anyone know if they used actual fan art for this?
Jun 26, 2022 6:00 PM

Apr 2021
Oh my god, I can't contain my tears like shit that was so beautiful. LL never failed to make me cry for joy but Niji's real different than the rest. I was so happy I got to hear Audrey and entranced when Kaika Sengen was played. Oh man, I'm having sepanx thinking that there won't be Niji Sundays anymore but still, that final concert was really satisfying. It heals the soul.

Anw, I can't believe I saw one of our malls/shopping districts here in our country being featured. And I can't wait as well for rainbow student to go to UK. So much to look forward to!

Jun 27, 2022 8:50 AM

Jun 2021
Serafos said:
Excellent finale.

Well, see you soon again in Superstar!! S2. :) We Love Live! fans are truly blessed this year.

yes...yes... entered into idol hell in my early 30's and not planning to leave anytime soon, in fact, day after day i'm more and more hyped about the upcoming return of Liella (even if for now they are the LL generation i liked the least, and they're still very good) with non-stop rising optimism that switching to a 9-piece idol group will be a winning choice once again.

Not surprised about the fanarts being real and it's amazing to see the artists reactions watching their tributes featured in the final episode. Most of it went as i expected, except for Rina-chan board malfunctioning but not ruining her performance... she didn't deserve something that bad, check that, she doesn't deserve anything bad. Aoi Canaria and Kaika Shengen were my favorite songs, and i laughed at Emma's male siblings of course being shown from behind.

Finally, i liked a lot those final minutes of returning to slice of life moments, even if it feels lonely somehow to watch my favorite lady Ayumu in a totally different place of the world apart from the rest of the group. Don't expect a season 3, not even 100% sure about a final movie. But... if this is the real end of anime Nijigasaki, i'm fine with it. I will miss them, a lot, they're my second favorite generation of Love Live after μ's, still listening a lot of their songs now as i'm writing this. This second season deserves a perfect score as the first one, in late 2020 the second-to-last episode solved every possible problem i was having with it and in 2022, luckily, a certain controversial character from the mobile game adaptation turned out to not be as controversial as an anime counterpart, and at this point she's not problematic any more in my eyes.

Thank you all for Nijigasaki, from the seiyuus to everyone behind the scenes and the fandom. You're amazing, wish you all the best.
Jun 27, 2022 6:33 PM

Aug 2011
Crowterrror said:

They normally announced big news during live concert. Niji 5th live will be on September, if you interested you can going to Japan and going to their concert, if you win the ticket lottery. They also have pay livestream.

Should be no problem for Season 3 or movie since Niji anime OP&ED total sold around 80K copies.
Jul 12, 2022 5:54 PM

Nov 2009
Everyone did their solos was nice.

But the most interesting of this episode was Tablet-girl Rina going out without her Tablet, yet the audience somehow is a Hive Mind to make the Tablet with their glow sticks even tho they can't see from above... (and the rainbow at the end too)

Also, we only get like 30 sec to 1 min of each song with some dances and backdrops. Kinda makes me want to see the entire thing, but obviously you can't fit entire songs in the anime, lol.

Then we get the team song at the end with Yu-chan making a sort of memorable entrance, LOL

I love the sequence of movements they did during the song where it looks like everyone is in perfect sync. Tho the end of the song they went with High Quality still-art over animated art.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 14, 2022 12:23 PM

Nov 2016
Wooooow, I dunno what to say. Whenever I finish a Love Live season it feels like I have a new few favorite one and this finale in particular was sooo beautiful.

8,5/10

Need S3 or more Nijigasaki in general + hype for Superstar this summer 💫

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 22, 2022 6:11 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
And so here we are at the end... what a ride...
Everyone got a chance to perform, Haruka returned the banner favor for Kanata, all these songs everywhere and slowly everyone's thinking of what to do next!
The final thing about it now being our turn... I wonder if that refers to the vtuber lovelive thing or if it's just a motivational thing for us viewers.
This was absolutely nice
I hope we get a movie... I want a movie!!! and more merch
Apr 26, 2023 1:52 AM

Sep 2016
That was a great finale, and overall I ended up enjoying this more than Season 1 (which I already loved), there are some stuff that bothered me, like Mia suddenly going from a composer to idol just felt rushed imo, but overall it was great.

My biggest problem tho, they still refuse to let Hinaki sing! Why hire a talented singer for the main character if you are not gonna let her sing! WTF!
May 14, 2023 4:29 AM
Apr 2020
Pretty nice finish, almost like we have a grand concert out there, I can't see a 3rd season from here, so goodbye to Nijigasaki main anime. 
Aug 24, 2023 11:27 PM

Dec 2012
These past few episodes have been quite moving. Admittedly I wasn't as into this season early on, but the concert brought those feelings back in full bloom. Biggest moments for me were the audience making Rina's emote board as well as Yu standing on the stage with everyone else. Her role in particular has been a very unique touch. Yu's experience with school idols gave her the courage to pursue her own dream. It remained connected to her love for idols, which in turn passed those same feelings down to other aspiring musicians. That theme of connected feelings is so common in idol anime, yet it's the main reason this particular subgenre has remained one of my favorites for so long.

The international focus this season also felt fitting to the themes of Nijigasaki. This is particularly why I'm glad that the Love Live competition wasn't the destination this time around. Because while that still remains a special part of previous installments, it ultimately stays within the confines of Japan as a national competition. Nijigasaki's approach takes to the skies and right there in the name, it makes dreams flourish far & wide beyond any one horizon. And being a fan from the USA, I can attest to how special it was to first watch Love Live in 2014 and begin falling in love with the idol subgenre.

Given that there's a sequel OVA, I'm hoping that means there will be more in the future. While this season ended on a nice note, it doesn't feel like it has the same closure as with Muse or Aqours.

8/10. A shame this season breaks my record of nonstop 9's for the franchise, but it just goes to show how consistently special Love Live has remained to me for the past 9 years.
Oct 18, 2023 11:45 PM

Apr 2011
Good ending, I guess.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jun 11, 2022

30 by Deazu »»
Jan 14, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jun 4, 2022

32 by Deazu »»
Oct 7, 2023 7:24 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 28, 2022

33 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 23, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 21, 2022

44 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 23, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 14, 2022

35 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 23, 2023 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.